Nice prices on ascended salvage kits

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

So, basically no reason to do a fractal at all if you have no daily?

You still get a normal, lootable chest at the end.

But the real “loot” previously was from the bouncy “bonus” chest after doing a set.
(Ascended gear, Fractal skins, etc.)

I guess I won’t be doing Fractals until after I grind through the Fractal mastery.

If my memory wasn’t so horrible I could tell you if I got wiggly chests on 50 and 51, but alas it is. I think I got them, though.
Just saying that you can run different scales and still get some loot at the end, even if it’s not so great. Kind of makes me wish they’d take the rewards and toss them into specific fractals so you can farm them, but like that’s gonna happen

I did both 50 and 51 and only got 1 daily.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

I’m with you all in the same boat. As a long time fractal player this us a kick in the balls. What’s even more hilarious is that the mat you get out from salvaging can’t be deposited in the bank. RoFLLL

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

I see there is a lot of confusion, by looking at your posts.
No worries, I am here to explain.

Basically it’s a carrot and stick scenario, except the carrot is a metal-reinforced boot and the stick doesn’t even exist.

I swear this would make the dystopian totalitarian regimes be ashamed they couldn’t come up with anything better.

Offtopic: Oh well. Has anyone coined the term “painfully casual”?
As in “golly gee that pistol/pistol thief that didn’t even bother to get a secondary weapon set is wiping before even reaching molten duo is so painfully casual”?

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

If you haven’t bought HoT, is it worth it to salvage rings?

My understanding is that you get Stab matrices or whatever for a fotm mastery track/line/trait. But, if I have heaps of rings, and salvage them, will I even be able to use them? I has a hope I’m wrong

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

FUN!
isn’t it FUN guys?!

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

My understanding is that you get Stab matrices or whatever for a fotm mastery track/line/trait. But, if I have heaps of rings, and salvage them, will I even be able to use them? I has a hope I’m wrong

You can exchange 1 Matrix for 2 Keys for the Fractal Boxes.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

At least give us gold rewards from fractal, where’s the increase reward at? Everything seems to cost gold and I’ve been doing from 50 to 64 today I don’t see an increase in my gold lols ok maybe I got 1 or 2 ascended breathers to sell and the mini mew but where’s the gold?

The daily fractal achievements (to clear a specific fractal) give you keys to open the locked boxes you get at the end. Those boxes give you random stuff and junk items that can be vendored for 10s, 15s, or 1g. The achievements to clear 3 fractals of a certain level (1-20, 21-50, 51-100) work similar to the bouncy chests you would get at the end of fractals before the update. I’ve only done them once but I got a pristine relic, some +1 infusions, an ascended ring, and a junk item that vendors for 1 gold.

It seems like a bit of an increase in gold, though small. Maybe 10-15% more than before.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

At least give us gold rewards from fractal, where’s the increase reward at? Everything seems to cost gold and I’ve been doing from 50 to 64 today I don’t see an increase in my gold lols ok maybe I got 1 or 2 ascended breathers to sell and the mini mew but where’s the gold?

The daily fractal achievements (to clear a specific fractal) give you keys to open the locked boxes you get at the end. Those boxes give you random stuff and junk items that can be vendored for 10s, 15s, or 1g. The achievements to clear 3 fractals of a certain level (1-20, 21-50, 51-100) work similar to the bouncy chests you would get at the end of fractals before the update. I’ve only done them once but I got a pristine relic, some +1 infusions, an ascended ring, and a junk item that vendors for 1 gold.

It seems like a bit of an increase in gold, though small. Maybe 10-15% more than before.

I had 70 boxes in the end and the keys I got from the dailies certainly weren’t enough to open the chest haha sure if you only have a few boxes to open you could use the keys the daily gave.. But if I wanna open my other boxes I gotta buy the keys myself lol. Unless I wait to play the daily Everyday to get keys I’m gonna eventually lose money. On the bright side I’m selling the chest on the tp now haha why spend 20 silver to open them when I can sell me for 40 silver

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

I like it.

The highest tier of salvaging should have a cost barrier, otherwise it makes getting those legendary parts trivial and meaningless. Looking forward to salvaging my 400 or so rings when i finish downloading the patch.

So what if someone is not interested in the legendaries? I couldn’t care less about them, so rings are still utterly useless to me.

Your options are:
1. Sell unneeded ascended items to vendor for +coins
2. Salvage unneeded ascended items for Legendary crafting for -coin -relics

Seems pretty reasonable to me. You’re only salvaging if you are working on a Legendary and those are SUPPOSED to be expensive.

Except, selling them to vendor gets you less gold (silver) than what you could get from a rare or exotic ring (which you can salvage).

Then in this case, one would rather have rare rings than the ascended ones, how does that make sense from a design perspective?

No, it’s not worth salvaging them even with HoT masteries unlocked, especially since we don’t even know how much of those materials we’re going to need atm.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

I had 70 boxes in the end and the keys I got from the dailies certainly weren’t enough to open the chest haha sure if you only have a few boxes to open you could use the keys the daily gave.. But if I wanna open my other boxes I gotta buy the keys myself lol. Unless I wait to play the daily Everyday to get keys I’m gonna eventually lose money. On the bright side I’m selling the chest on the tp now haha why spend 20 silver to open them when I can sell me for 40 silver

Yes, that’s correct that you don’t get enough keys from daily to open ALL of the chests. But with the keys you do get in addition to the daily rewards from the rewards from the “complete 3 fractals from this tier” achievements, it’s still slightly more gold than before, and it’s easier to get.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Set ring vendoring prices to 1g and everything is fine
Yes there will be a (huge) influx of money when this change goes through, but that’s going to be an one time thing and really, whoever saved up multiple hundred rings for that long deserves it. lol
Would also make me say “oh hey at least a ring, that’s 1g bonus” instead of “ugh kitten might as well have gotten nothing”

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

I like it.

The highest tier of salvaging should have a cost barrier, otherwise it makes getting those legendary parts trivial and meaningless. Looking forward to salvaging my 400 or so rings when i finish downloading the patch.

So what if someone is not interested in the legendaries? I couldn’t care less about them, so rings are still utterly useless to me.

Your options are:
1. Sell unneeded ascended items to vendor for +coins
2. Salvage unneeded ascended items for Legendary crafting for -coin -relics

Seems pretty reasonable to me. You’re only salvaging if you are working on a Legendary and those are SUPPOSED to be expensive.

Except, selling them to vendor gets you less gold (silver) than what you could get from a rare or exotic ring (which you can salvage).

Then in this case, one would rather have rare rings than the ascended ones, how does that make sense from a design perspective?

No, it’s not worth salvaging them even with HoT masteries unlocked, especially since we don’t even know how much of those materials we’re going to need atm.

Thanks mate!

I’ll hold for now.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur