Respawn mechanic in the dredge cage?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Asia Skyly.7198

Asia Skyly.7198

Anyone knows the mechanic that controls respawns inside the cage?

We did some testing last night at FOTM49. In one instance, killing one of the trash dredge in the cage, spawned a new wave of trash dredge in the cage. This would suggest a strategy where you do not kill all of the trash. However, which ones you need to leave alive?

I also have heard theories like stepping on the switches activates the next wave of spawns, which would suggest a strategy where you can clear the cage BEFORE you step into the buttons.

Does anyone knows exactly what the cage mechanic is?

Thanks!

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

When you come into the gate stay on the left side and kill all the dredge, DO NOT kill the ones on the right side, kite and agro them don’t kill. You will need projectile counter play. These skills can be found on Guardians, Mesmers, Thieves, Engis and Eles.

I recommend checking this thread, Obal and his team did a series fractal guide videos. This was before Fractured but the strategies for the Dredge cage are still valid.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-Video-Guide-for-Fractals-Shown-at-48/first#post2322682

This vid in particular, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pury3dyGX20

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

Asia Skyly.7198

I am a big fan of DnT’s and Obal’s videos and I am not trying to discredit your contribution, however…

The dredge hit considerably harder since that video came out (pre-Fractured). Second, you can no longer die on the switch (watch the ele’s health and the two other members somewhere towards the middle of the video). I think these changes change that approach.

Lastly and something often overlooked, dredge fractal used to have variants. There were several that did not have the veteran from hell inside the cage. Now we are stuck with the worst variant of dredge, the one with patrols all over the map and a veteran inside the cage with an unusually high health pool. I am not sure which flavor they got, but I think they got a different one from what is currently there.

Final comment: I am really curious if anyone knows the mechanics of respawn inside the cage. I do not have a problem doing FOTM49. I want to understand the mechanics behind it.

(edited by Asia Skyly.7198)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Try it and you’ll see that it’s still doable.

Asia Skyly.7198

Try it and you’ll see that it’s still doable.

You probably added this comment before my edit. I have no problems doing 49. I do not understand the mechanics of respawn inside it.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

So it is confirmed that killing the left side does not spawn more mobs.
Source: any fractal video.

Any groups I run with don’t kill the group on the right because doing so will spawn mobs on both sides again. I would assume that when you killed one, you did it on the right side. I am speculating that the right side mobs govern the newly spawned adds.

TL;DR; Don’t kill the mobs on the right side of the cage.

Edit Also the mobs actually hit less harder than they did before the Fractured update.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

MastaNeenja.1537

You asked how to keep the dredge from spawning not how to stay alive. There’s more factors going on there.

Not killing the ones on the right side is what keeps more from spawning. Stepping on the switch does not spawn more from my experience. As I said before the video was Pre Fractured, so yes dieing on the switch will not work. That part was my mistake I should have clarified I took for granted it was common knowledge at this point.

Asia Skyly.7198

Thanks for the notes, I will do some more testing as soon as the opportunity arises.

I will be honest I was hoping there was more to it, that just kill the left side.

MastaNeenja.1537

Lifted from the thread I linked….

The strategy is to group up the ones in the middle and left and kill them. A vet will spawn by the panel afterwards which you leave alone and no more will spawn. You get out of combat to let the outside people revive if need be and send 2 in the room to the switches to let the other 2 in I just cut them reviving and running through to save some time on the video. From there 2 kite the mobs while the other does the panel.

Asia Skyly.7198

Nice find! I am going to try that next! (leaving the spawning gate veteran alive).

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

TL;DR; Don’t kill the mobs on the right side of the cage.

So I ran this the other day and we did the right side and it was fine. Essentially, pick a side of the cage to clear and everyone fight there until they are dead. You then have one person stay on the switch. If you have two people kite, a third stand on the switch, and the 4th get the console, then you will only suffer the spawn of 3-5 dredge that occurs when the console can be interacted with, the important one being a veteran that pops near the console. If at any point you kill all of the dredge on the other side of the cage, then you get a full re-spawn of dredge.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

(edited by Bumbler.7581)

MastaNeenja.1537

Nice find! I am going to try that next! (leaving the spawning gate veteran alive).

Let me clarify one thing you’ll notice in the vid they don’t touch that vet you can see it spawn.

I never kill that vet or the rest of the dredge. I suppose you could call target on that vet in particular to avoid killing him then wipe out the rest of them leaving only the vet you targeted and see what happens.