Sinister vs Zerk

Sinister vs Zerk

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wheatty.1892

Wheatty.1892

Anyone knows if the new stat combo(major: Condi, minor: power and prec) can out dps zerk on Engineer since they do tons of condi passively and base crit damage is 50% i think. So even without investment in crit damage, attacks deal decent criticals. Assuming a drawn out battle and average to high armor on PVE mobs. Also assuming in solo situations but a comparison between in a group and solo would be nice.

(edited by Wheatty.1892)

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I do not have the numbers to compare with that you ask for but I can tell you that as long as conditions work the way they always have, condition builds will always be bad in groups by comparison to direct damage.

This new sinister armor however means that condition builds for warriors and engineers will do significantly higher DPS over time against bosses like Lupicus (assuming the person playing is good).

So, yea… for engineers and warriors, sinister will for sure out-DPS heavy armored targets over their direct damage build counterparts but against light-medium armored targets this probably isn’t going to be the case.

As in, possible to get sub-4 with condition warrior whereas berserker warrior in optimal conditions with just about perfect RNG will peak at ~4:30.

I will not be testing condition builds, but so far since the warrior nerfs my best Lupicus time with full berserker with strength runes/65003 etc was 4:54 with a lousy 1:06 phase 1, no +200 power on the grubs, and bleh-ish phase 3 RNG with the big aoe leeches. I think getting this time with full sinister and condition build would be a lot easier.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Wheatty.1892

Wheatty.1892

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking along the same lines but was kinda wishing I could finally change into something other than zerk. Incidentally, do you know what the armor values of medium armored targets are? Is it something like belka?
I heard Anet are trying to revamp conditions but unless they separate Pvp and Pve balance, I doubt any change within the next year or two will take place.

(edited by Wheatty.1892)

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

2600 armor is pretty standard for enemies.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Anyone knows if the new stat combo(major: Condi, minor: power and prec) can out dps zerk on Engineer since they do tons of condi passively and base crit damage is 50% i think. So even without investment in crit damage, attacks deal decent criticals. Assuming a drawn out battle and average to high armor on PVE mobs. Also assuming in solo situations but a comparison between in a group and solo would be nice.

I’m pretty confident the new Sinister armor will be AMAZING on the nade engi. I’m far from being knowledgeable in the class, but my hours of working with pure condi/balthazar build teaches me how fearsome it is by melting the target so fast. However, as the over-writing problems with condi design persisits, it only works when you solo or low man the content. In a full team, the only assumption is there are no other competing source of condi damage.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Sinister vs Zerk

Iris Ng.9845

WoodenPotato already mentioned eagerly about trying Sinister for his engi so we expect to see his opinion very soon. Another source to follow is Wolfineer. While not very hardcore in dungeon he has a passionate interest and deep insight to the class across different game modes and is very likely to give it a thought.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

2600 armor is pretty standard for enemies.

As true as this is, we are seeing high armored low health targets in the new areas. If Anet ever decides to bleed these archetypes into older content (such as dungeons, hoping myself), we will start seeing a mix of stat types in Dungeons.

They’ve got some great ideas going with these updates as far as combat diversity in PvE is concerned and it would be great if they updated other parts of the game to help solidify universatility of the stat options.

I plan on getting this for the necro myself.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Obviously condition builds will still have all the same problems they previously had when it comes to group play. But for solos this really is the answer to our prayers. The only way it could have been better was Power main stat, but we can’t have everything.

I’ll be finishing my sinister set for my warrior today and I’ll let you know. I think Miku is right about Lupi times, especially since I have an idea for that which will make it even better. Unfortunately I am not a dub/trigger/james/miku lupi solo master so I couldn’t practice my theorycraft there.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Will be in competition with Rabid gear for builds that convert toughness to condition damage (like Mesmer)’

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Without the crit damage modifier though your crits will be negligible. Zerk/Assassin’s mix will still be superior.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Will be in competition with Rabid gear for builds that convert toughness to condition damage (like Mesmer)’

Those runes dont make sense in solos or groups that dont max might stack. You generate a ton of might by using aristocracy runes. So sinister is a clear winner for condi in pve.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

For a condi mes, sinister is a 5% dps increase over rabid and 13% over rampagers. For a power build, sinister is a 19% loss to zerk.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

I JUST bought/crafted my rabid set about 2 weeks ago and I’ve been having fun with it. Please ignore the large Norn crying in a corner near the gates of Arah.

Zelendel

Sinister vs Zerk

hybrid.5027

I JUST bought/crafted my rabid set about 2 weeks ago and I’ve been having fun with it. Please ignore the large Norn crying in a corner near the gates of Arah.

My fully ascended rabid set is now my dedicated WvW set. My ultra expensive gear set that I use once per month to get 50 kills with and then never use again.

Q____Q

Sinister vs Zerk

Tentonhammr.7849

My fully ascended rabid set is now my dedicated WvW set. My ultra expensive gear set that I use once per month to get 50 kills with and then never use again.

Q____Q

I never even do WvW on my warrior, so what will I do with a full set of ascended heavy rabid armor?

Condi guardian? Condi guardian.

Zelendel

Sinister vs Zerk

spoj.9672

This gearset is exactly why i never bothered to make an ascended rabid set for solos. I was counting on it being introduced eventually. Seems that was a wise decision. :>

(edited by spoj.9672)

Sinister vs Zerk

Tentonhammr.7849

I’m honestly more upset about the wasted dragonite than the gold lost.

Zelendel

Sinister vs Zerk

Iris Ng.9845

Same here, same here… hehehe… Words cannot describe how excited I am. I haven’t started on making a build yet, but I want to capitalize on Incendiary Power. Perhaps it’s too ambitious but it’s fun to try.

On the other hand, rabid set on engi is still very stronk in open field battle, with bombs for frontline/midline.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

We only have weapons and armor with sinister stats avaliable right? There are no sinister trinkets avaliable to get for pve?

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Raina.8642

Raina.8642

Ascended trinkets are rewards for the cheevo’s in the new LS with Sinister stats. Assuming it follows the LS 1 rewards, the 4 chapters should get both rings and both accessories. Not sure about amulet/backpiece yet however.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

This gearset is exactly why i never bothered to make an ascended rabid set for solos. I was counting on it being introduced eventually. Seems that was a wise decision. :>

I’m upset about the waste of all dem condi boxes I got in faptals. I seriously.. seriously… hate.. this… URGH.
Let’s assume I’m lazy and I dont’ want to do CM, can I go with nightmare runes on my necro and go terror necro? :/
Plz. You know how lazy I am.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

I still don’t know why would someone else except grenade spamming eng chose Sinister stats.
And for what content.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

is there ascended gear with sinister stats?

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not as yet, laokoko. I suspect it might come with the next release of LS2. Looking forward to it though!

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

math says assassins > condi damage on engi for solos
what favors condi damage is that the rotation is alot easier.

[qT] Quantify

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Math tells bullkitten as usual. :/

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Sinister vs Zerk

hybrid.5027

You can craft exotic sinister trinkets.

FYI, if making them for PVE save you Crests and don’t buy the Inscription recipe. Giver’s weapons are infinitely better dps in pve than Sinister in a condi build. use crests on armor and trinket recipes.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

You can craft exotic sinister trinkets.

FYI, if making them for PVE save you Crests and don’t buy the Inscription recipe. Giver’s weapons are infinitely better dps in pve than Sinister in a condi build. use crests on armor and trinket recipes.

Giver’s weapons are better than sinister even for warrior? Because warrior can get 100% bleed duration without then, but not burning. Right now i’m using sinister swords and giver’s longbow on my warrior, but on eng i’m using giver’s weapons.

I think necros can get more than 100% bleed duration becaused of traited bleeding and scepter and food.

Sinister vs Zerk

Iris Ng.9845

Baby, if I’m gonna craft a set for my engi, would you like to try?

Sinister vs Zerk

NoTrigger.8396

my phase 1 is about 20 seconds faster than yours and my rotation is awful.

[qT] Quantify

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I still don’t know why would someone else except grenade spamming eng chose Sinister stats.
And for what content.

Pretty much nothing besides Lupicus solos on a warrior.

Sinister vs Zerk

spoj.9672

There has been a few changes since dub last played. :P

Sinister vs Zerk

hybrid.5027

I havent seen notriggers solo attempts so I have no idea, but dubs condi solo is using the condi meta build and best gear and nothing would have really changed with it.

Sinister vs Zerk

spoj.9672

Except dub never has ascended on his alts. I wouldnt be surprised if he was missing a few trinkets. And i suspect thats not even the fastest condi can go.

Sinister vs Zerk

NoTrigger.8396

ofc its not the fastest condition damage can go. but assassins can be faster by a good amount of time if you can get a perfect rotation done. the perfect rotation is the difficulty.

and assassins allows you to use your hard hitting attacks + you dont need tool kit to survive / it doesnt make any sense. so instead you can use another hard hitter.

[qT] Quantify

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

ofc its not the fastest condition damage can go. but assassins can be faster by a good amount of time if you can get a perfect rotation done. the perfect rotation is the difficulty.

and assassins allows you to use your hard hitting attacks + you dont need tool kit to survive / it doesnt make any sense. so instead you can use another hard hitter.

Curious what are you using on Lupi? Are you able to use grenade, elixer and flamethrower? Do you have to use shield or are you able to handle it with just the swiftness=vigor trait? I’m a noob and using it all and still dying but curious what the bare minimum is.

Sinister vs Zerk

NoTrigger.8396

you can escape the phase 3 lifeleech aoe with acid bomb without getting hit if you time it correctly. you can use acid bomb + dodge for phase 2 aoe, but vigor is enough. also for everything else your vigor trait is enough. chill grenade plays a big role.
for the other stuff im not sure yet about a certain utility skills. once i get it done i will upload a video. but its going to take a long time.

[qT] Quantify

Sinister vs Zerk

Dub.1273

Good god, no!

I havent seen notriggers solo attempts so I have no idea, but dubs condi solo is using the condi meta build and best gear and nothing would have really changed with it.

I wouldn’t exactly call spending two attempts in fully exotic gear optimal.
Especially with rabid instead of that new thing. Although I might have had one or two ascended acessories, I don’t really remember.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

you can escape the phase 3 lifeleech aoe with acid bomb without getting hit if you time it correctly. you can use acid bomb + dodge for phase 2 aoe, but vigor is enough. also for everything else your vigor trait is enough. chill grenade plays a big role.
for the other stuff im not sure yet about a certain utility skills. once i get it done i will upload a video. but its going to take a long time.

…I’m dumb, never even thought to use the jump to avoid things, just so used to cancelling it best I can. Good call.

Sinister vs Zerk

Iris Ng.9845

Good god, no!

I wouldn’t exactly call spending two attempts in fully exotic gear optimal.
Especially with rabid instead of that new thing. Although I might have had one or two ascended acessories, I don’t really remember.

You had bones or fragment of Tequatl at the time when you asked me to lend you my account. Pity that you’re pretty much set with DS now and not gonna come back. sad face

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: sunset.3056

sunset.3056

I’m looking forward to the ascended version, otherwise this stat combo is worthless to me. I only use my engineer in fractals so this will be a nice switch from using zerk gear imo.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

And for what content.

Pretty much nothing besides Lupicus solos on a warrior.

good to know I’m not to only one who thinks about this.

Sinister vs Zerk

Dub.1273

What about nemesis’ hybrid necro?

Dub | [rT]

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

What about nemesis’ hybrid necro?

It will probably be outputting 20k dps in 10 seconds, give or take 5k.

Sinister vs Zerk

spoj.9672

Someone should invite him to make a new video. Oh wait hes banned.

Sinister vs Zerk

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

RIP vampire.

Sinister vs Zerk

NoTrigger.8396

why is nemesis banned?

[qT] Quantify