Snowblind Fractal

Snowblind Fractal

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dietere.3476

Dietere.3476

Can we take a minute to discuss the Snowblind Fractal?

The Elemental Source part is pointlessly tedious. Why did they remove killing the top part of the source? Between the 1-shot ele attacks, the constant knockbacks, and the impossible-to-keep-lit fires, the thing is a nightmare.

How about a middle ground where you can kill the top part during each phase? It can respawn for each phase, but even a short time without it blasting you every which way would be nice.

Also, we still get stuck in the wall during the last boss? WTF?

(edited by Dietere.3476)

Snowblind Fractal

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Yes it is.

Snowblind Fractal

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

“we’re looking into it”
“nothing is off the table”
“this game is different, we have a rewarding and challenging endgame content”

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Snowblind Fractal

Dietere.3476

“we’re looking into it”
“nothing is off the table”
“this game is different, we have a rewarding and challenging endgame content”

When a widely accepted strategy involves repeatedly running in and essentially suicide bombing the boss, there is something wrong. They fixed dredge bomb hallway for that exact same mechanic.

Snowblind Fractal

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Just so you guys know this snowblind change was unintentional.

A few updates ago they accidentally broke the hitboxes of structures. The hitboxes are all offset by a certain amount and misrepresent where they are supposed to be. In other words the hitbox of the top of the elemental source in this case is up in the air, distant enough so that you cannot hit it with anything unfortunately.

This won’t be fixed unless they become aware of the actual issue. So instead of complaining about them removing the ability to destroy the top, which they didn’t intentionally do, complain about structure hitboxes. If they fix them, we’ll be able to do this fractal less painfully. ^^

Snowblind Fractal

Dietere.3476

This won’t be fixed unless they become aware of the actual issue. So instead of complaining about them removing the ability to destroy the top, which they didn’t intentionally do, complain about structure hitboxes. If they fix them, we’ll be able to do this fractal less painfully. ^^

If you (aka the players) are aware of the real issue, it’s pretty much a given that Anet knows about it too. Allocating resources to fixing it, though…

Snowblind Fractal

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

It’s just nice because now together with the new stability mechanic this is a rather stupid design that i’m pretty sure no anet dev or QA team member has played through on lvl 50.

Snowblind Fractal

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Are you guys for real? Hello kitty island have harder dungeon than GW2.

Snowblind Fractal

laokoko.7403

When a widely accepted strategy involves repeatedly running in and essentially suicide bombing the boss, there is something wrong.

If you think that’s wrong. Ask Anet to fix the boss regen when there are no players around.

I honestly dont’ know how hard it is for you. But I find it hard to believe people actually find it hard. I usually pug, and I dont’ see other people having problem.

Legendary imbued shaman is much harder than this boss atm even if you can’t kill the ice thing at the top.

I’m not sure what your intention is. But it’s quite comical to see people saying a dungeon is too hard just because they can’t solo it or speed clear in a few second.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Snowblind Fractal

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

It’s not hard just unnecessarily frustrating. If they want to keep the swirler element there throughout the fight then there’s two options.

• A: Respawn the swirly bit after each phase like OP suggest.
  • B: Make the swirling winds target each bonfire in order instead of the players so you can time your phase changes with it.

Snowblind Fractal

laokoko.7403

I dont’ even know what the swirling things is. I never tried to kill it before and non of the pug I did try to kill it before.

You guys are just so spoiled by GW2’s easy mode dungeon.

Snowblind Fractal

serenke.4806

Are you guys for real? Hello kitty island have harder dungeon than GW2.

I haven’t seen anyone mention that it was hard, people used tedious and dumb and such which does not equate to hard.

The legendary imbued shaman is not hard, it has counterplay unlike this broken piece of ice. Previously you could shoot off the top, put stability on people when needed and reflect. Now with the new stability mechanic AND the inability to shoot the top, it’s just annoying and dumb.

Snowblind Fractal

Jerus.4350

I dont’ even know what the swirling things is. I never tried to kill it before and non of the pug I did try to kill it before.

Attachments:

Snowblind Fractal

laokoko.7403

I dont’ even know what people are talking about.

People always make fun of me for not meleeing boss.

I think the snowbind boss does 1 attack which swirl wind, and you just need to dodge on the 4th turn. I’m not sure what his other attack do. I think he shoot a bolt at you?

I’m not a bad kitten . I just find it funny people can’t even avoid those attacks and they make fun of me ranging.

kitten are peopel who solo this fractal 2 years ago at lvl80. I dont’ know how 5 people find this boss a problem.

Snowblind Fractal

Jerus.4350

It’s more annoying than fun is all.

You can range and make it easy just dodging the swirls and bolts, but it’s just lame IMO. Plus you deal with the RNG putting you in different places when you port sometimes agroing a bunch of elementals.

Yeah… it’s just lame.

When you could get rid of the swirl you could deal with it in melee and it wasn’t too bad though.

Snowblind Fractal

serenke.4806

Two years ago i could one-shot this boss on high levels, encounters change, that’s exactly the point here.

Snowblind Fractal

laokoko.7403

Two years ago i could one-shot this boss on high levels, encounters change, that’s exactly the point here.

how do you even kill the top before? you need some kind of large aoe hit box?

I don’t even pay attention to it before. I don’t even see that many pug do it before.

I think people are soloing it without killing the top 2 years ago.

Anyway I’m out. If people think it’s so annoying or they can’t 1 shot this boss or whatever. You have the perfect reason to complain.

Maybe because I play a guardian. I probably play a easy mode class that’s why I never find it a problem.

I’d rather complain about imbued shaman being too hard. That’s the only boss which I wipe more often on.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Snowblind Fractal

serenke.4806

Probably because you are doing lower levels for karma.

You play a guardian, do not complain about the imbued shaman plz.

Snowblind Fractal

Jerus.4350

how do you even kill the top before? you need some kind of large aoe hit box?

I don’t even pay attention to it before. I don’t even see that many pug do it before.

I think people are soloing it without killing the top 2 years ago.

Anyway I’m out. If people think it’s so annoying or they can’t 1 shot this boss or whatever. You have the perfect reason to complain.

Maybe because I play a guardian. I probably play a easy mode class that’s why I never find it a problem.

I’d rather complain about imbued shaman being too hard. That’s the only boss which I wipe more often on.

That’s exactly the thing, we’re not complaining because it’s too hard, we’re complaining because it’s annoying. The best strats (at least that I know of) are simply unfun. Imbued Shaman on the other hand takes good teamwork and strategy with various different approaches with varying results. It’s a well designed event.

Before the change to hitboxes on structures, any large AE could hit the top part of the Elemental Source, which was actually well under ground. So Traited Guard Hammer for instance, or Engi Traited Bombs.

And doesn’t matter the profession, when you range it’s not that bad, dodge here, dodge there, pull elementals together and burn them down when they agro, rinse/repeat. But it’s not really fun pew pewing from range. The alternative and arguably faster way is to just suicide rush it, which is pretty silly if you ask me.

Snowblind Fractal

Dietere.3476

I honestly dont’ know how hard it is for you. But I find it hard to believe people actually find it hard. I usually pug, and I dont’ see other people having problem.

Legendary imbued shaman is much harder than this boss atm even if you can’t kill the ice thing at the top.

I’m not sure what your intention is. But it’s quite comical to see people saying a dungeon is too hard just because they can’t solo it or speed clear in a few second.

As has been stated, I never claimed that the boss was hard. The problem is the mechanics of the encounter make the fight annoying and frustrating. Remember when people thought the same about dredge and the pointless mechanics were changed to something a bit more logical and, I guess, fun? That’s what I would like to see for this encounter.

Snowblind Fractal

Jerus.4350

I think the big kicker though is the fact that you can just spawnrush it. There is no failing, there is just a matter of how long it takes. Bringing 2 Ele and 4X IB4 the top of it will phase it every time, if you wanted to just suicide to get those off it’d be kitten easy, pretty stupid though.