So... now what with +16 AR infusions? [Merged]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

So we no longer need anything above +9??? I’m confused as hell.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

break down the big infusions
and reapply

congrats you have more than 150 AR and extra infusions to sell for gold

I’ve listed a bunch of alternative ways to hit 150 but I guess no one likes to read and enjoys posting the same QQ

I spent about 20g or so buying the removers, but with that using all the +10 and +11 I had from 4 150’s and 2 140’s I was able to regear them all to 150ar (involves a lot of +9 if you don’t have an infused back) and still sell off like 50-60g worth of infusions I have. I’m sure the price will come down on them again in not too long.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

From the OOS AMA by the devs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uqx15/out_of_the_shadows_devs_here_ask_us_anything/d5s3q7s

Q: …is there a specific reason the amulet infusion slot has been replaced with the enrichment slot instead of just… well, having two slots? I have to get a bit more AR for 14 characters now, which is quite the hassle, just because the amulet slot is gone. Was it a technical limitation you didn’t get around reasonably or was it simply a choice?

Developer response:

A: It was a systemic limitation.

With the change to infusion slots which let players place any Infusion into any Slot, we couldn’t keep both kinds of amulets.

[it] actually takes fewer +1 Agony Infusions to get 150 AR post-patch. To get 150 AR now, you only need to make 12 +8s and 6 +9s. You don’t need +11s or +10s anymore.

If you currently have a set of +11s and +10s, you can take those to the new vendor in the Mistlock Observatory to break them down into +9s and +8s. Once you’re down breaking them down, you should have enough Infusions to get 150 AR and still have 2 +9s left over.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uqx15/out_of_the_shadows_devs_here_ask_us_anything/d5s372q

Q: Is there any way to add a WvW Infusion refunder for laurels since the new infusions slots now allow for any type of infusion, the defensive infusions are pretty useless now.

And the dev response:

A: No plans for that. Those infusions are still functional, even if they’re not meta, and refunding laurels is tricky because those can convert to gold.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Q: Is there any way to add a WvW Infusion refunder for laurels since the new infusions slots now allow for any type of infusion, the defensive infusions are pretty useless now.

And the dev response:

A: No plans for that. Those infusions are still functional, even if they’re not meta, and refunding laurels is tricky because those can convert to gold.

lol whoever asked that is clearly uninformed. personally im going to be taking out all of my offensive wvw infusions and replacing them with defensive ones because -18% guard damage is kittening op when you wanna surprise someone who thinks the guards will get a kill. and for soloing tower/keep lords.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Arthas.1074

Arthas.1074

Could you pls read patchnotes lol

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

/signed……………………………..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

read the patchnotes (instead of getting your information second hand):

“With better attribute and agony infusions now available, we’re automatically upgrading any existing infusions that you may have obtained from the Mystic Forge.

- If you currently possess any fine-quality attribute infusions, they have been upgraded to a +5 attribute, +7 agony resistance infusion.
– If you currently possess any versatile attribute infusions, they have been upgraded to a +5 attribute, +9 agony resistance infusion."

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

just imagine those who spent so much time and money on Agony infusion + 16 cause this was the only way to get 150 AR and extra stats…
the price dropped by 6 already… it costs a lot more to actually craft it now…

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Non-wvw laurel merchant.

Posted by: Miliko.5480

Miliko.5480

The same applies to wvw infusions, a way to change stats would be welcome.

Posted by: Pearly.6108

Pearly.6108

Its nice you gave back the infusions, but how about returning laurels , badges , etc back to us as well? I feel ripped off here. No one need to chime in about how petty I am being, sorry it takes a long time to build up laurels to use to buy trinkets!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Still not resolved…
Moving to Black Desert

have fun, it lasted less then a month for me

Posted by: Andrew Bourgeois.4023

Andrew Bourgeois.4023

I have a +20 and multiple +17 infusions.

Even if they add these to the vendor to downgrade them to +9, I’ll be losing 2047 reagents (= 300+ gold) from the +20 downgrade alone. I also have around 6 +17 so add another 200g loss from those.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

From the OOS AMA by the devs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uqx15/out_of_the_shadows_devs_here_ask_us_anything/d5s3q7s

Q: …is there a specific reason the amulet infusion slot has been replaced with the enrichment slot instead of just… well, having two slots? I have to get a bit more AR for 14 characters now, which is quite the hassle, just because the amulet slot is gone. Was it a technical limitation you didn’t get around reasonably or was it simply a choice?

Developer response:

A: It was a systemic limitation.

With the change to infusion slots which let players place any Infusion into any Slot, we couldn’t keep both kinds of amulets.

[it] actually takes fewer +1 Agony Infusions to get 150 AR post-patch. To get 150 AR now, you only need to make 12 +8s and 6 +9s. You don’t need +11s or +10s anymore.

If you currently have a set of +11s and +10s, you can take those to the new vendor in the Mistlock Observatory to break them down into +9s and +8s. Once you’re down breaking them down, you should have enough Infusions to get 150 AR and still have 2 +9s left over.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4uqx15/out_of_the_shadows_devs_here_ask_us_anything/d5s372q

And the dev response:

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

And the dev response:

I was thinking about this statement last night… and I wonder if a partial refund would be the solution.

That way some laurels can be returned (better than none), but because it’s partial there’d be much less motivation to exploit the refund going forward.

Thoughts?

~EW

Posted by: daddyattitude.3928

daddyattitude.3928

I am confused about the change in the amulet slot from infusion to enrichment. If you were going to change the slot(s), why did you not convert or offer an enrichment device to fill it. Thanks for putting me in a lower class for fractals after I spent HOURS in FOTM to get where I was.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Please consider giving us a method of changing the stats on our older infusions to accompany the elimination of restrictions on infusion slots

I don’t see how this is any different from ANet changing skills/traits/runes/sigils, which then change the market value of those. We don’t get a refund for that.

If you just made your infusions these last 7 days and didn’t get any value from the +defense, I think you might have a case to appeal to Support. However anyone who has been using the infusions for months has gotten value (or had the opportunity to do so).

Nothing wrong with asking ANet to rethink it, but since they haven’t backtracked on this particular sort of thing, I don’t expect them to change it.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Enrichment slots are what used to take utility infusions; those are now “enrichments” — bonuses to Magic or Gold find, XP per kill, or karma. Those slots no longer accept infusions (apparently, per ANet devs, it’s a technical limitation: infusions or enrichments, not both).

Posted by: DrMORO.4627

DrMORO.4627

I have a +20 and multiple +17 infusions.

Even if they add these to the vendor to downgrade them to 9, I’ll be losing 2047 reagents (= 300 gold) from the +20 downgrade alone. I also have around 6 +17 so add another 200g loss from those.

Exactly!

Downgrade/breakdown to lesser AR infusions, for FREE?
I do not get any of my money back for all the reagents I’ve bought to craft the higher ones, meaning a huge net loss.
Am I wrong, ANET?

Are we getting anything back for the reagents bought?
Looks sadly not…

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I am confused about the change in the amulet slot from infusion to enrichment. If you were going to change the slot(s), why did you not convert or offer an enrichment device to fill it. Thanks for putting me in a lower class for fractals after I spent HOURS in FOTM to get where I was.

1. You need fewer +1 infusions now than before, so…
  2. Breaking down existing infusions and rebuilding them will result in you being at the same AR or better.

The same “enrichments” are still available: +MF, +Gold Find, +XP/kill, +karma. You got your infusion returned, so you can convert it to whatever you want/need.

Posted by: Pearly.6108

Pearly.6108

I dont do fractals, I do a lot of WvW, so the agony has nothing for me, i just have now 1 slot that is useless to me and I am out of WvW badges and laurels for purchases, sorry but its NOT fair!

Posted by: Feydiir.2609

Feydiir.2609

Could you pls read patchnotes lol

I did and it made zero sense.. why I am asking.. the notes make assumptions and they were cryptic to casual players who dont follow every dev post, reddit AMA and stream.

Late 2012 iMac – 3.4 GHz i7 – 16 GB – GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB – OSX 10.11

Posted by: Feydiir.2609

Feydiir.2609

Non-wvw laurel merchant.

Thanks .. I eventually found a comment in another forum thread that explained this.. which helped.. as a primary WvW player this was very confusing.. and there was NOTHING in the patch notes that indicated you had to use a NON wvw laurel merchant.

Late 2012 iMac – 3.4 GHz i7 – 16 GB – GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB – OSX 10.11

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

sorry but its NOT fair!

Welcome to Life and MMOs. It’s not always going to be fair because players will generally have a seriously narrow perspective on this. Much like all you wvw players whining about this change.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I dont do fractals, I do a lot of WvW, so the agony has nothing for me, i just have now 1 slot that is useless to me and I am out of WvW badges and laurels for purchases, sorry but its NOT fair!

It’s a technical limitation on the change they made; they weren’t able to retain amulets as both a generic infusion slot and as an enrichment slot. So one group had to end up losing a slot: the buff crowd (+MF or +karma, mostly) or the WvW crowd

The lost WvW buff isn’t that substantial: +5 power (or whatever) shouldn’t matter that much in the long run.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

is it just me, or can I not break down my +6s at the mechant?

Maybe I just missed something when I did it last night, but I ended up artificing them to +7s so I could use them in my grand reshuffle.

Fun fact: I had a bunch of omni toughness infusions, so now I have 152 AR. You’d think I was done. Then I realized I can get +15 more stat points than in the old system.

I’m actually pretty okay with the chances to the neck now, all things considered. Lost a neck stat slot, gained 4 stat slots on rings. Net gain of 3 infusion slots for stats.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I would like the change, but people unwilling to read are already intimidated by the amount of tabs and selections. Maybe it’d be a good way of re purposing that asura on that island that lost his job to the new golem.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Non-wvw laurel merchant.

Thanks .. I eventually found a comment in another forum thread that explained this.. which helped.. as a primary WvW player this was very confusing.. and there was NOTHING in the patch notes that indicated you had to use a NON wvw laurel merchant.

Yeah, its weird that they don’t put those items on the WvW laurel merchant, or at least the MF/Karma ones (since XP isn’t useful in any way in WvW)

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: fivestar.7830

fivestar.7830

I was wondering if there is a way to down grade infusions as i have a +15AR and would like to down grade it as i will need +9 for making Mighty 9 Agony Infusion which need 3 +9AR and if i just make it i will end up with over 150AR and seems like it just screwed the people with high AR infusions with the update.

Posted by: QikSilvr.4690

QikSilvr.4690

2. Breaking down existing infusions and rebuilding them will result in you being at the same AR or better.

The same “enrichments” are still available: +MF, +Gold Find, +XP/kill, +karma. You got your infusion returned, so you can convert it to whatever you want/need.

I already have several +7 infusions which I can’t seem to place on the amulet. I am not sure how to use the infusion I already have to keep from spending more gold. Please instruct about this. What does enrichment mean anyway? Is it the kind we craft or just those bought at the vendor?

Linken.6345

I already have several +7 infusions which I can’t seem to place on the amulet. I am not sure how to use the infusion I already have to keep from spending more gold. Please instruct about this. What does enrichment mean anyway? Is it the kind we craft or just those bought at the vendor?

You are right you cant use the +7 infusion in said amulet anymore hence why you got it back in mail.

You can however use magic find, gold, exp or karma bought from laurel vendor in Lions Arch for example.

And you can 9 infusions in armor, weapon and jewelery now so you dont lose ar you actualy can boost it further while getting extra attributes since rings/ earrings can now have 2 stat boost infusions instead of 1 each

QikSilvr.4690

You are right you cant use the +7 infusion in said amulet anymore hence why you got it back in mail.

You can however use magic find, gold, exp or karma bought from laurel vendor in Lions Arch for example.

And you can 9 infusions in armor, weapon and jewelery now so you dont lose ar you actualy can boost it further while getting extra attributes since rings/ earrings can now have 2 stat boost infusions instead of 1 each

So I have to use a utility boost in the amulet and up the infusions on my armor, jewelry and weapons?

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I now have a useless infusion that used to be in my amulet and my amulet needs a new infusion of some sort. The new infusion vendor converter thing is beyond confusing. Not sure why this stuff needed changing tbh.

Linken.6345

I now have a useless infusion that used to be in my amulet and my amulet needs a new infusion of some sort. The new infusion vendor converter thing is beyond confusing. Not sure why this stuff needed changing tbh.

that you can sell to said infusion vendor to get all the fractal relics spent on it returned.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

it’s been more than 24 hours. any news on this oversight ? it’s only a few lines of code to add few items in the menu for deconstruction, so i’m sure it’s not that hard to fix it ….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s changing because the new system is much simpler.

• Old system: two types of infusion slots, two categories of infusions.
  • New system: one type of slot, one category of infusions.
  • Old system: multiple types of recipes, varied recipes, and different vendors for each type of infusion. No way to upgrade some infusions, no way to recover components from any.
  • New system: all upgrades done at a single vendor. All infusions can be either upgrades or broken down do that they can be recombined.
  • Old system: mathematically complex to build up to preferred AR total.
  • New system: mathematically simple.

The main exceptions to the simpler/better are:

• Amulets no longer hold infusions; they only hold Enrichments. That is a technical limitation, as they could offer either/or. So owners/uses of the buffs see no change; those who used infusions need to adapt by breaking down and recombining to other slots.
  • WvW infusions apparently have no upgrade or downgrade path. This appears to be an economic issue. Since it’s not technical, I suspect ANet might be open to a well-worded suggestion to include them in the infusion progression tree.

tl;dr the overall system is simpler for anyone new to fractals or raids or wvw or future sources of infusions/ascended gear. (It’s a one time pain for the rest of us.) The new system is also more flexible and (mostly) cheaper overall (again, with some potential one-time costs for some of us).

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

In all of these threads I keep seeing WvW players complaining that they lost a slot in the neck piece. Do none of you realize that you gained 4 slots on the rings and therefore went up 3 slots in total?

QikSilvr.4690

In all of these threads I keep seeing WvW players complaining that they lost a slot in the neck piece. Do none of you realize that you gained 4 slots on the rings and therefore went up 3 slots in total?

We already imbued them in the forge for 3 slots.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Ya, but now you can put your stat increases/guard damage decreases in those 4 slots. And since that is the case I do not understand what WvW players are complaining about. The only ones that can really complain are people who are sitting at 143/150 because they lost their neck. And even for them they can downgrade their two +11s to two +10s and 4 +9s going down to 141 then increasing +7s they have to +9s and going back up to 149 then if they want that last point make one of the other +10s into +9s and do the same. It would cost them a grand total of ~2g and 10 minutes of their time.

QikSilvr.4690

Ya, but now you can put your stat increases/guard damage decreases in those 4 slots. And since that is the case I do not understand what WvW players are complaining about. The only ones that can really complain are people who are sitting at 143/150 because they lost their neck. And even for them they can downgrade their two +11s to two +10s and 4 +9s going down to 141 then increasing +7s they have to +9s and going back up to 149 then if they want that last point make one of the other +10s into +9s and do the same. It would cost them a grand total of ~2g and 10 minutes of their time.

My ascessories only have 1 slot. My rings have 3 cause I imbued them. I am crafted the needed AR to replace them in my rings. Where are you getting 4 slots?

And could you point me to the vendor who is buying back those infusions I bought for WVW?

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No way today. They are looking at it — I expect they’ll add it on a Tuesday coming soon.

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

There is a thread in the wvw portion of the forums explaining how people who choose not to do fractals but have the second fractal mastery can add one slot to rings without doing any fractals.

It does state adding 2 slots will require some fractals. Please stay away from easy or difficult comments, some DO NOT want to do any fractals.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The reason why you think it didn’t need changing is because you probably don’t do high level fractals and you’ve never had to explain to new players how to get their infusions up to the required level. The old system was an absolute mess.

People would get infusions from fractals but they couldn’t use them in defensive or offensive infusion slots. They could only use them in infusion slots, which didn’t exist on low level ascended rings, or on amulets, backpacks, or earrings for that matter.

Having infusions you got every day that couldn’t be used on any slot except a slot you didn’t have and wouldn’t get for some time was terribly confusing.

It absolutely needed to be changed, and probably should have been changed with earlier Fractal changes.

It was a very confusing, badly designed system.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

it’s been more than 24 hours. any news on this oversight ? it’s only a few lines of code to add few items in the menu for deconstruction, so i’m sure it’s not that hard to fix it ….

They have stated that they know about the issue. They haven’t said what they plan to do about it or when. If it were as simple as you say, it would be in the game already, so there must be other considerations that aren’t clear to us.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

[…]It absolutely needed to be changed, and probably should have been changed with earlier Fractal changes.

I think that’s the crucial point. Though the old system wasn’t very intuitive people got used to it over time since there was no sign of change anywhere. Now out of a sudden there’s a massive revamp and many people are upset, even though the new system makes much more sense.
That’s just human nature, most peoples reaction is denial when new stuff comes around that somewhat affects their lives, even it’s just a part of their hobby.
As soon as people calm down and figure out the KickzNGigglez way, there won’t be much complaining anymore.

tl;dr: if there’s anything to throw at A.Net, it’s that they let the old infusion system go on for so long and their obligatory lack of information beforehand. If they told everyone 2 weeks ago, we’d already have had this discussion and ppl would actually realize, that the new system ain’t that bad after all

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

The argument that “laurels aren’t refunded because they can be converted to gold” is one of the most BS arguments I heard in a good long while. So what they can be converted to gold?! It is a very small amount and also it does not mean that it actually will be converted to gold! People still need laurels to buy the new stuff, and because laurels are such a highly timegated resource a lot of people are screwed over this. I can’t imagine why anyone would choose to transform laurels into gold when they are so scarce. At the very least you turn them into t6 for yourself for legendary fuel…

But fine, let’s go with this BS argument.

THEN LET PEOPLE EXCHANGE INFUSIONS FOR INFUSIONS AT THE MERCHANT. At least this way they can get other infusions they preffer more instead of the ones they have now which they find useless!

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

And once again, unless you do Fractals, a lot, there’s no way to GET those 3 slots “in total”. You do know this, right?

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

[…]It absolutely needed to be changed, and probably should have been changed with earlier Fractal changes.

I think that’s the crucial point. Though the old system wasn’t very intuitive people got used to it over time since there was no sign of change anywhere. Now out of a sudden there’s a massive revamp and many people are upset, even though the new system makes much more sense.
That’s just human nature, most peoples reaction is denial when new stuff comes around that somewhat affects their lives, even it’s just a part of their hobby.
As soon as people calm down and figure out the KickzNGigglez way, there won’t be much complaining anymore.

tl;dr: if there’s anything to throw at A.Net, it’s that they let the old infusion system go on for so long and their obligatory lack of information beforehand. If they told everyone 2 weeks ago, we’d already have had this discussion and ppl would actually realize, that the new system ain’t that bad after all

Sigh. It ONLY makes sense for people who run fractals. That’s it.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Sigh. It ONLY makes sense for people who run fractals. That’s it.

If someone doesn’t run fractals, then why bother much about infusions anyway? All you lost is a tiny +5 to a stat, if you were min/maxing that is.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.