Suggestion - dyable heavy legendary armor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

I think it would be really cool if anet let us dye heavy legendary armor. Shiny white armor is nice, but it would be fun if players could customize their look .

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

You cant dye it at all?

thrag.9740

Don’t judge my lack of dyes lol.
http://imgur.com/a/fL6Yv

Overwhelmingly the main color is white no matter what. Here is a comparison in the top image I used enameled crimson on every panel, and for the second image I used indigo. You can change a tint but you certainly can’t give it a rich coloring.

Idk, I kinda want my colors to match my crimson weapons

thrag.9740

here is a picture in game, dye is enameled crimson, Pretty white.
http://imgur.com/a/SDzS3

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Yea thats awful, glad you told me so i dont have to waste my first li on heavy mate.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

same for light aura and crystals x_x

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

its fine jsut buy the gemstore stuff they dye better (and more dye channels)

thrag.9740

zealex your not wrong…

http://imgur.com/a/Onvdu

zealex.9410

i really dont know what im looking at xD. I was mostly refering to the new outfit plus foefire skins that dye so amazingly good

thrag.9740

meh, I knew what you meant. Although I will say, the ability to die sentinels outfit has the same problem. Really shiny metal that you can’t really dye.

It looks a lot better at night
http://imgur.com/a/WAxvS

zealex.9410

at least you ca dye the glow (ulnlike a certain legendary armor that i know)

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Weren’t they going to fix this?

thrag.9740

I don’t think they consider it broken, they had 2 years for this afterall.

Here I am doing a daily.
http://imgur.com/a/K7rnf

The armor does not look crimson at all. This is very disappointing.

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

its fine jsut buy the gemstore stuff they dye better (and more dye channels)

And cheaper if you consider converting gold to gems vs gold to craft legendary stuff.

Sublimatio.6981

2 years of doing an armor set.
not asking playerbase for an opinion

3 dye channels, hardly dye-able texture.

Light armor made out of stiff leather and metal
#spellcasters

zealex.9410

Theres no much metal in the light armor its more of crystals. Well, it took 1 year twice. No excuse on the dyes part. Depending on how you dye it it doesnt look leathery and tbh its not a bulky light armor come on just the crab tail is over the top.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I swear there was a post right after leg armor released that said the devs were aware of the issues of dying heavy armor (cause remember from the preview, whatever build they are using to test the armor had way more vibrant dyes than the actual game for all 3 weights. So they were not testing on the vanilla engine for sure) and were going to look into it.

zealex.9410

“Fixed an issue in which darker dyes would appear washed out and harder to see on legendary heavy armor.” aparently it was fixed.

Sublimatio.6981

the light armor is very bulky and the “leather” part isnt about the dyes but the way the armor moves as you run and turn

thrag.9740

It is definitely not fixed. I reskinned the armor, so I won’t be able to check on it any further. Reskinned legendary armor looks cool

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

Just want to add something here pertaining to something I recently found out about the precursor heavy armor. If I’m not wearing the gloves, my norn guardi’s hands float! Is this the same for the legendary armor?

Attachments:

Sublimatio.6981

@up

#2Years
#1YearTwice

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I disagree on the armor being undyable

Then again I do not have much problems selecting dyes…

I noticed some dyes tend to saturate better. Especially those from the gems store sets. But in general do not seek out the dyes you want just go a couple of shades darker.

To go light blue with golden accents and purplish shinies I used:

• Lapis (97 gold)
  • Gold Fusion (280 gold)
  • Bloodstone Violet (220 gold)

If you can afford a 2400 gold armor, why care about 600 gold for dyes?

Oh I can try out some dyes.. I’m missing 23…

Gw2 efficiency stated something:
“your dyes are worth 11k gold the last 23 still take 3750 gold to complete.”

Just so you know some choices can be a real expensive thing… And the “normal dyes” can be bought all 382 or so for hundred gold.

All fine dyes (181) are worth 2 gold 37.
All masterwork dyes (119) are worth 16 gold 65
All rare dyes not from TP (82) are worth 76 gold 84

The rest (127) are dyes from the black lion packages
and cost 14764 gold 77 s (so 116g 25s on average.)

Attachments:

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I disagree on the armor being undyable

Then again I do not have much problems selecting dyes…

I noticed some dyes tend to saturate better. Especially those from the gems store sets. But in general do not seek out the dyes you want just go a couple of shades darker.

I think you’re just generally missing the point here.

When people use dyes like Shadow Abyss, they have a level of expectation on how that should dye and it shouldn’t be shiny grey. It should literally be one of, if not the darkest and blackest things you can dye your armor.

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Just want to add something here pertaining to something I recently found out about the precursor heavy armor. If I’m not wearing the gloves, my norn guardi’s hands float! Is this the same for the legendary armor?

Just dye it red and yellow and it wil look like ironman!!!

gaem not made for mi
===========

thrag.9740

@Pax I don’t really want to look like a dyed egg color. I want rich dark colors. If you want that faded look, there should be dyes for that. Overall, the overly shiny texture takes away our customization options.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Well I’m maybe a loner in this but I’m happy we do not have all shadow abyss heavies…
The concept of making it black seems very emo to me as an old alternative 90’s music lover.

Shadow abyss needs to be there in the way you find it cause ppl have twilight and it should fit, at least in your concept. I find the fact I have legendary armor should stand out, and I prefer the shinyness. It can be matched to twilight, and have the effect of Twiligt highlited due to the fact your armor is metal and it will seem more alive and legendary instead of all black blobs with black aura’s (Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor (Black)) and stuff… It was nice the 1st halloween they were around and it’s passé

I’d suggest you use midnight ice to dye your armor darker then shadow abyss… It was my experience it was darker. Making a legendary armor and just making it full black with no textures is horrid. Why bother wioth the legendary? And if you do not care about the exterior, just transmute it and make it completely look like a bird drowned in spilled oil.

I have not tried the glossy black as I do not own it.

I find the shinyness perfect, but then again I’m almost a Skritt

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Sublimatio.6981

Well I’m maybe a loner in this but I’m happy we do not have all shadow abyss heavies…
The concept of making it black seems very emo to me as an old alternative 90’s music lover.

just because you dont like emo/90’s or whatever doesn’t mean other people shouldn’t be able to dye their armor however they like.

zealex.9410

Shadow abyss needs to be there in the way you find it cause ppl have twilight and it should fit, at least in your concept. I find the fact I have legendary armor should stand out, and I prefer the shinyness. It can be matched to twilight, and have the effect of Twiligt highlited due to the fact your armor is metal and it will seem more alive and legendary instead of all black blobs with black aura’s (Poly-luminescent Undulating Refractor (Black)) and stuff… It was nice the 1st halloween they were around and it’s passé

I’d suggest you use midnight ice to dye your armor darker then shadow abyss… It was my experience it was darker. Making a legendary armor and just making it full black with no textures is horrid. Why bother wioth the legendary? And if you do not care about the exterior, just transmute it and make it completely look like a bird drowned in spilled oil.

I have not tried the glossy black as I do not own it.

I find the shinyness perfect, but then again I’m almost a Skritt

You have the right to dye it however you enjoy you dont have the right to argue about how others dye theirs. The armor costed 2k + of gold i exoect when i dye it black or red or w/e to look like it dyes properly. Or when i dye my light armor crystals on my necro green to dye green and not white with a minor hue of green.

TexZero.7910

The point was less about the specific dye, and more about proving the point.

Dyes, have a certain level of expectations assigned to them based on the pallet they belong to and this armor is ignoring or greatly altering the perception which is bad.
To my knowledge it’s the only armor in the game that chooses to alter what the dye looks like not only in the preview window, but equipped as well which is just bizarre.

thrag.9740

I think there are a few other armors that do this Tex, or at least, a few outfits. In particular, the sentinel’s outfit is overly shinny and doesn’t dye well (contrast with Balthazar outfit which dyes well). However, the sentinel’s outfit does have fire effects which you can dye.

TexZero.7910

I think there are a few other armors that do this Tex, or at least, a few outfits. In particular, the sentinel’s outfit is overly shinny and doesn’t dye well (contrast with Balthazar outfit which dyes well). However, the sentinel’s outfit does have fire effects which you can dye.

I’m deliberately making the distinction here between armor and outfits.

I cannot off the top of my head think of an armor that warps the color pallet this way. I can accept outfits doing it as they are unique and designed differently. However, armor should not do this.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Siimilar issue with medium. They supposedly fixed it, but it is still very bright and pink glow on parts of armor is not dyable. It is always pink. You better like pink. As thief player, pink…. on top of blown up bell like skirt >_<
This is shadow abyss dye, darkest dye in game yet looks gray

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

zealex.9410

I’m deliberately making the distinction here between armor and outfits.

I cannot off the top of my head think of an armor that warps the color pallet this way. I can accept outfits doing it as they are unique and designed differently. However, armor should not do this.

Thel light legendary armor does this with the crystals. Also the glow in every legendary armor is undyeable.