Underground Facility Boss is broken

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

There is something wrong with the Agony Damage for the Undergound Facility Boss
Legendary Dredge Powersuit/Legendary Ice Elemental is insane even at low level fractal or middle level fractals

My character have 110 AR plus the AR bonus from the Mislock Singularity which would have given be about 140 AR. And yet, when this bosses hits my character with agony, it goes down like as if there was no AR.
So, I tried with a character without AR, and it was the same with or without AR……….

Does ANET even know about this? Because this has been happening for a long time already……

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

Never noticed any high agony ticks from those bosses. It’s just that the attacks that apply agony are already hard hitting by themselves, especially the multiple ground hits by the powersuit. Each hit will deal a lot damage and apply one stack of agony (which only does its normal 1% ticks in my experience).
If you have other experiences please show a screenshot of a combat log showing the damage.

Posted by: Alchemist.2310

Alchemist.2310

op is correct. I was running the bucket switches in 53 facility and the agony waves were taking 50-60% of my HP down. There was nothing else I was getting hit by, unavoidable damage. I’m at 150 AR. It’s not a huge deal except we were doing the challenge mote and it made it very difficult since we couldn’t heal up after the agony waves and eventually would just get downed by them even though we weren’t getting hit by the dredge suit.

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

Dodge.

Posted by: Alchemist.2310

Alchemist.2310

Didn’t know you could Dodge agony waves/pulses. The damage from the suit/elemental isn’t the issue, it’s that you take full agony regardless of AR.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

it isnt the agony doing tons of damage.

dredge variant does 3 ticks of high damage + agony when he slams the ground. dodge twice when he does the animation and gets stability.

ele variant slams the ground and leaves a puddle that does high damage with lots of agony when you get in melee. dont get in melee or be aware of his ground slam attack and dodge out of it.

these attacks are highly telegraphed and avoidable. they are not bugged.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

It worked fine yesterday. Could be that old bug when game forgets to apply your AR. It is usually fixed by reequipping your gear.

SirDrygan.1823

it isnt the agony doing tons of damage.

dredge variant does 3 ticks of high damage + agony when he slams the ground. dodge twice when he does the animation and gets stability.

ele variant slams the ground and leaves a puddle that does high damage with lots of agony when you get in melee. dont get in melee or be aware of his ground slam attack and dodge out of it.

these attacks are highly telegraphed and avoidable. they are not bugged.

It is the agony ….. I was already out of range of it’s attack when agony hits and was down before I could heal…….. happens all the time…….. and I did dodge all it’s attack. I run a “coward” Ele style fighting, means I am always far away from any attacks…..

It worked fine yesterday. Could be that old bug when game forgets to apply your AR. It is usually fixed by reequipping your gear.

Only happens on this map. The others I have no problem. Even with 96 AR (Due to damage armor) at Level 77 Swamp (Mossman)……

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

It is the agony ….. I was already out of range of it’s attack when agony hits and was down before I could heal…….. happens all the time…….. and I did dodge all it’s attack. I run a “coward” Ele style fighting, means I am always far away from any attacks…..

Ran it today (at 81 with 150 ar), specifically only dodged once at the ground slam attack, high damage from the attack, normal agony ticks.

The ground slam attack has a really big range (really really big, far more than an eles 1200 range), and if you would have been outside you also would not have gotten agony from it.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The agony is not applied just by being there (like in boss fractals), but only by attacks. If you received any agony stacks, that means you weren’t outside attack range. And all the attacks (not only the primary ones like bombs/ice spikes) are hard-hitting at higher fractal levels.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

My character have 110 AR plus the AR bonus from the Mislock Singularity which would have given be about 140 AR.

I dont get your math.

Besides that I also did not notice anything unusual.
I would advise you to check the combat log.
Im actually not sure if agony appears in there, but even if it doesnt you can still add up the slam ticks manually and see if it matches your health loss or not.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

No. It’s just actual damage. If your agony resist were being ignored, you would die instantly. Like full dead, not just downed. since agony isn’t removed on down, so it kills you through your downed state.

Also yes, you can dodge the legenday dredge’s attack. but you have to double dodge to dodge it all. It hits 3 times.

(edited by reikken.4961)

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

It has been like this since forever, when Dredge suit gets stability, double dodge or invuln otherwise you will get hit for a lot. The attack is map wide so being outside his range won’t help you.
Same goes for Ice Elemental fields, don’t stand inside them otherwise the agony does kittened damage.
I’m not sure why Agony does damage but this is how it has been since start of game.

(edited by Amicable Pugs.4503)

SirDrygan.1823

My character have 110 AR plus the AR bonus from the Mislock Singularity which would have given be about 140 AR.

I dont get your math.

Sorry about the AR…… I was using Unbound with less AR….. it would give me 115 AR……

I have another ascended backpack that would have given me 140 AR with the Mislock Singularity……..

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

I’m pretty sure the same attack did like no damage at high level fractals. Or he didn’t use that attack I don’t remember.

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

You get hit no matter how far you are, and its not agony, just damage.
Just dodge and you’ll be fine.
If you’re an ele, mist form or burning retreat and stuff.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

This has to be bugged, ive done this level at 95 and had no problems but since the patch the other day this dredge bomber is OP, I just tried a 38 with a skilled team and breezed threw the entire fractal until that final boss, his 1 ground attack skill, hit us across the map, and downed us all instantly, it doesn’t even do that at level 95.

This is either been revamped or someone has put a 0 at the end of a number somewhere at Anet and made this boss OP.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Are you sure you aren’t swapping to a different weapon which doesn’t have Agony Resistance on it? This tends to happen a lot on that boss.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Posted by: Todd.6573

Todd.6573

Havent had any issues with any AR, make sure you have enough and dodge.
Especially in the dredge one, when he does his ground-pound, dodge the waves.

Great thoughts speak only to the thoughtful mind, but great actions speak to all mankind.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

The level 38 I did only requires 40 AR, I have 150, like I said its only the dredge mining suit boss, the ice elemental is fine, we breezed past the ice ele tonight, but that mining suit attack is instant down, dodge, block or anything else don’t seem to matter.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

The level 38 I did only requires 40 AR, I have 150, like I said its only the dredge mining suit boss, the ice elemental is fine, we breezed past the ice ele tonight, but that mining suit attack is instant down, dodge, block or anything else don’t seem to matter.

take a video so we can tell you how you are doin it wrong because it is not bugged and you are doin it wrong somehow or other.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

That boss easily hits the whole room three times which means you need to time out two dodges to avoid all three.

If you see any agony ticks at all you failed to dodge a pulse, and like all enemies, the raw damage from his attacks scales up at higher fractal levels. In the 90s, it is a VERY big hit before the agony even starts ticking.

The ice elemental doesn’t have the same ground smash attack. you can avoid his attacks just by being out of the AoE. The dredge, however, hits practically the whole room

Its a tradeoff he gets to be more lethal because he doesn’t spawn adds like the ice guy.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ