Very disappointing news for you guys

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I’d like to clarify a few points.

The Competitive Team is responsible for all more-advanced content in the game. This includes: PvP, WvW, and profession skill balance/game balance in general. This is a pretty big group of areas of responsibility, as you can see. The team’s resources are spoken for in areas that will have impact on the most amount of players, or on changes that are less of impact to them, resource-wise (smaller projects/changes). As such, we have no immediate plans to revamp dungeons due to this resource constraint. That’s not to say that the team will never have time, in the future, to do large projects like the TA Aetherpath or similar with other dungeons. As Mike O’Brien said in his recent post, if we ever permanently stop working on a particular area of the game, we will tell you all.

Your feedback from this sub-forum has been reaching the team. As you recall, CC Danicia was active here in the past and delivered that feedback to developers. We will continue monitoring your feedback here and responding as we can.

Something that would help is if you could gather a thread for each dungeon (perhaps you’ve all already created one per dungeon?), and list out the major changes that you feel the dungeons would need to make them better, in concise bullet points. That way it’s easier for us to provide them to the development team.

What are we working on right now? Feature Pack 2 (in ~two more weeks), Season 2 of the Living World (coming back this fall), the WvW Fall Tournament, and the World Tournament Series PvP global tournament are just some of the things we are currently working on that we can tell you about right now.

Hi Regina, and thank you for posting. To my fellow dungeon subforum posters, while we do feel quite neglected here as we rarely see red posts, I don’t feel it right to make our first few posts to someone who has come to speak to us one of negativity.

Since Danicia is no longer an active representative for ANet who speaks here in the dungeon subforum, Regina, could I ask if we would possibly be able to get someone to devote a small percentage of time talking here in this forum? It doesn’t even have to be game changes, but I feel like if we know that someone is listening, it would go a long way in this forum. Whether you are or aren’t, I appreciate if you could at least bring this up.

Regarding threads devoted to each dungeon and potential fixes: I think that of all the subforums, the dungeon subforum could probably do this and make this the most comprehensive list. (Possibly extremely overwhelming in the case of Arah.) If nobody else volunteers to do this, I wouldn’t mind attempting to organize some of these threads.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

It’s okay guys, we still get new guild missions and minidungeons and jumping puzzles and new pvp modes and rewarding pve content and achievements with worthwhile rewards and… oh wait.

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I like how Anet is better than any villain in any superhero movie: instead of talking before killing, they kill us first then talk. That’s actually quite professional!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

Hi Regina, and thank you for posting. To my fellow dungeon subforum posters, while we do feel quite neglected here as we rarely see red posts, I don’t feel it right to make our first few posts to someone who has come to speak to us one of negativity.

We’ve had this attitude for about a year and look where it’s gotten us.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

DigitalKirin: this would be quite helpful. This is a constructive way to approach this. I would appreciate your organizational leadership.

Regarding spending time here specifically: I have recently had some responsibilities (which were consuming a decent chunk of my time) shifted from my plate on to another person in the studio, and so I will have more time to devote to spending on the forums, moving forward. I will check in here from time to time and of course the other sub-forums.

Follow-up note: I know you’ve previously organized the bugs list that Lilith Ajit spearheaded, but it would be great to consider what changes you’d like beyond bugs. I can’t make any promises as to when changes/updates would be made, and I know your imaginations are often much larger than what our teams can handle, but at the very least we can get your feedback on the table in an organized way.

Thanks much!

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

(edited by Regina Buenaobra.6193)

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

We’ve had this attitude for about a year and look where it’s gotten us.

/shrug

I can’t stop you from feeling this way. Nor will I criticize or condone your actions. Goodness knows I feel like we’ve been neglected here.

It’s just my thought that if we Do get a red post, do we “spend” their attention by slapping them away, or do we try to point out issues we feel important?

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

We don’t need changes. We need more challenges such as “NEW DUNGEON”. I love the way dungeons and combat systems currently are. I just want to face new mobs and new bosses in different setting with different backgrounds!

Also with better rewards such as new skins that aren’t in gem store and achievable through dungeons in reasonable RNG or via tokens!

Tour

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

It would possibly be better if the current set of dungeons are left as it is (besides fixing most of the bugs) and not revamped till Anet has real resources for a dungeon team.

dutchiez.7502

I agree, I feel that it would be better to have new content rather than changing old content.

Nova [rT]

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Even better: release some open source developing tool and let us design our own content. Call it GW2 workshop and let us make this game good in your stead:)

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

dutchiez.7502

Even better: release some open source developing tool and let us design our own content.

Private gw2 server, portal hub in LA has tons of portals leading to different dungeons and a vendor selling ascended zerk gear and weapons for 0 copper each ;__;

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

… despite my disappointment…. I would like to help with the thread per dungeon. If we want to have specific dungeon threads for forumers to be responsible for, I’d gladly do the TA and fractal one and manage it how I can.

Regina, it would be helpful if you gave us a template or some sort of example on how you’d like this kind of thread to behave and look like.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

I’ll leave it up to you all as to organizing your feedback threads (whether it’s updates/fixes to existing dungeons or a thread to brainstorm about new content). Whatever you all decide to do as a group, I’ll provide that feedback to the dev team.

Please excuse me for the moment, as there are a bunch of time-sensitive errands I need to run this weekend, and I am not able to monitor this thread for an extended stretch of time right now. I will check back in the sub-forum during the work week.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Content Marketing Lead

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I swear, if a new dungeon is released soon and people say ‘they released it because of the backlash’, I will tear this dimension asunder.

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

Sorry, Lilith: I think we posted “past” each other.

Off the top of my head (and admittedly there could be a better way to organize this):

Thread title: Name of the Dungeon [Suggestions]

Then within that post perhaps putting a category for changes you’d like to see. Example:

Boss Balance

• X
  • Y
  • Z

Please focus on keeping it as concise as possible. Essays or treatises/walls of text are not ideal. Bullet points are your friend.

Review the How to Give Good Feedback thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-to-Give-Good-Feedback

I do have to run right now, though, but thanks for all the constructive responses so far.

Cheers, all.

Content Marketing Lead

(edited by Regina Buenaobra.6193)

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Last time we asked for communication we were told it is absolutely doable and then nothing happened

But sure let’s write pages of feedback so at least you have something more organised to ignore!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Hi Regina, your posts are a very welcome sight here! You must have drawn the short straw, given this subforum’s reputation, but I assure you, there are several of us here who are more than willing to be civil if there’s an actual dialog going on :-)

As others have said, there is a general feeling of “too little, too late” today, especially after hearing that interview (as well as your comments re: activity in dungeons). I think most of us do understand that we’re a minority and resources are finite.

I’m pleased to hear that our feedback made it to the developers, but it begs the question: why didn’t their replies make it back to us? We’ve had countless posts about:

• The Alphard bug
  • Instance ownership issues
  • Uselessness of conditions in instanced PvE
  • Merge party bug

just to name a few. Some of these were eventually fixed, but we’d see new posts about them daily, with no response, ever, from ArenaNet. This has been unacceptable, and needs to change if there is to be a feeling of trust in this subforum. Every post does not require a reply and we do not expect promises, but when there is an obvious hotbutton issue, some acknowledgement of it cannot be too much to ask.

As for consolidating bugs, Lilith Ajit started a very nice thread with many, many dungeon bugs bullet listed on it a few months back. I think it’s probably back several dozen pages by now, though. It had a very nice summary of many broken systems and, IIRC, may have been broken into dungeons. I think Danicia posted on it once or twice, so it might have already been seen by your team. Edit: Just saw your other post — nvm ;-)

Dunno if I’ll still be playing GW2 tomorrow or not, but if so, I look forward to seeing you around!

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

What i would like to see is a new dungeon, because we are playing the same dungeons for 2 years now and it gets time for something new.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I can’t believe Regina is telling us all to “suck it up” in such a cheerful way; it really makes me /uninstall right now. I look at other MMOs which are all pushing content now more than ever and I wonder why I am still playing a game where the devs have either no idea what they are doing or have completely wrong priorities.

Living story? really? the joke of the MMO market right now. S1 failed and you STILL decide to focus on it. Free DLC every 2 weeks? Are you kidding me? The last “DLC” had walls of text and 5 minutes worth of combat. Can you really call that DLC with a strait face?

WoW is releasing their biggest expansion to date still, yet you guys haven’t even delivered 1/10 of a true expansion PERMANENET content during this whole time.
All you did was change the textures of 2 areas, add in more zerg/poorly balanced/crap content which revolves standing in 1 area and spamming 1 and calling it “DLC”

Come on Anet, I expected more. /Afk till you pull your head out of your kitten.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

But sure let’s write pages of feedback so at least you have something more organised to ignore!

It worked really well with the fractal CDI, after all.

Sorry, Regina. We’ve heard this before.

And also, changes to dungeons aren’t the most important thing. More dungeons are. This is the biggest problem with all these conversations. You folks at Anet keep thinking you can solve the problem by revisiting old content. Lots of us, at least, don’t think the problem can be solved that way.

I guess you could increase gold rewards on the ones people don’t do. At least maybe we could get more people willing to do more of the paths that way.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I predict an expansion’s worth of communication!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

dutchiez.7502

I predict an expansion’s worth of communication!

While that’s certainly something to look at in the future, we’re not working on it right now.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Guys, I know we’re all burnt out from disappointment, but the distinct possibility that we could enact real change is something to be carefully examined. As much as I’ve been a negative nancy these past few weeks, this is a GOOD THING. Bring out everything we know. We need to show them the we understand the content and we CAN make it better!!

One Note Chord.5031

Guys, I know we’re all burnt out from disappointment, but the distinct possibility that we could enact real change is something to be carefully examined. As much as I’ve been a negative nancy these past few weeks, this is a GOOD THING. Bring out everything we know. We need to show them the we understand the content and we CAN make it better!!

People said the same thing for the fractal CDI. Fool me once and all that (except we’re well past twice by now).

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The Competitive Team is responsible for all more-advanced content in the game. This includes: PvP, WvW, and profession skill balance/game balance in general. This is a pretty big group of areas of responsibility, as you can see.

Why do you think one team should handle all those areas? I don’t know how big the competitive Team is, but I doubt a team of any reasonable size can cover such a huge area of the game.

As for what we want in existing dungeons? If it’s really that, bugfixes are the most important thing. After two years, the AoE-Indicators are still not precise; this can be seen especially well when fighting Mai Trin. Stand right next to the red circle, you still take damage. A lot of paths still have very nasty bugs, I assume Lilith’s thread has them all listed.

//Just saw that you want bullet points.

Either:

*Add dynamic events to dungeons, however this may be difficult given the design of them (except Arah)
*Events can range from “defend X” to “collect X” to “kill that boss that just randomly spawned”
*Events can be ignored, completion of those however gives a bonuschest with loot, money, tokens and karma

Or, what’s probably better:

*Add daily bonus-objectives to paths/dungeons
*Three per day, an easy one, an intermediate one and a hard/challenging one
*May require a lot of objectives, but also gives you the possibility to toss around a ton of ideas and show players little secrets in dungeons they don’t yet know
*Example objectives may be “Finish the bonus event in Ascalonian Catacombs (the one where you turn off the lights)”, “Kill the Ooze King in Citadel of Flame p1”, “Don’t let Giganticus Lupicus eat any grubs”, “Finish the path without a team member dying completely”, “Finish the path with a kill rate of 75% or higher”
*Bonusrewards would be given out at the end of the path and give tokens, money, karma (and maybe loot), depending on the difficulty of the objective
*This may also give incentive to run paths multiple times a day, given the rewards justify it
*Possibility to also link a new achievement + title to it which requires to complete X special objectives, maybe even three achievements for each difficulty.

(edited by NovaanVerdiano.6174)

Lilith Ajit.6173

People said the same thing for the fractal CDI. Fool me once and all that (except we’re well past twice by now).

We got our dredge revamp from the CDI.

Stop. Think. Type.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Yep, but the devs are listening.
Or did I hear this somewhere else?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

dutchiez.7502

We’ve done this many time in the past but what do we have to show for it?

Nova [rT]

Lilith Ajit.6173

Guys please. Reel in your angry kittens. Lets put effort into what they are asking for and then see if it does anything.

[ARES]

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Too little too late. And it shows that you guys havent really listened to us in the past. We dont want dungeon reworks. We want new content. No amount of reworks will fix the fact these dungeons have become 2 years old and stale. Also when you rework stuff you tend to take stuff away aswell. Still upset about TAFU being removed.

Fractal reward updates and a brand new dungeon (mordrem themed?) are what I would like to see. But that looks unlikely and im certainly not going to sit around waiting for it anymore.

IvanTheGrey.2941

Guys please. Reel in your angry kittens. Lets put effort into what they are asking for and then see if it does anything.

Yes. Sheath your swords. Let’s put in real effort. It seems that they’re actually going to listen to the regulars this time, instead of some PHIW kazul who wants crafting in fractals. We can do this!

One Note Chord.5031

We got our dredge revamp from the CDI.

Stop. Think. Type.

Yes, we did. And, iirc, an increased ascended box drop rate and a little gold. …Yay?

I guess in the grand scheme of things, that’s about as much as any of the CDIs have resulted in. But that was a ton of wasted energy from a ton of players writing about rings and skins and other crap rewards. Why should I think this will be different?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Hiya Regina,

I wrote this out longer, but in respect to your feedback requests I retyped to summarize.

We have gotten 2 good Solo missions with LS from the last 2 updates (Dragons Reach 1/2) Why are they Solo though? Could we possibly get group missions in these spots in the future? I can’t help but think that these could be very fun if the difficulty were set for 5 people, they honestly remind me a bit of Fractals, and with that once they are “old” they coudl even be added to the fractal list possibly.

Overall though, I feel that the content we have is fine. Maybe rewards for fractals and longer dungeon paths could get a boost but other than that it’s all pretty fine by me. What we need is something new. I can’t help but feel that if we even just got one new Lupi’esque fight that many here would be pretty happy.

dutchiez.7502

We need new content, not reworked old content. We know Anet can’t rework things, every time something has been reworked something else has suffered. Give us completely new content with new bosses and LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES.

Oh and please stop loading everything with puzzles/gimmicky minigames, that’s not what a dungeon should primarily be about.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

Yep, but the devs are listening.
Or did I hear this somewhere else?

When 90% of the posts in this sub-forum are passive-aggressive insults, I would not listen to them either.

Even when good feedback is written, it is done in the wrong way because insults are thrown in and feelings are included in the posts instead of rational thought.

Everyone is frustrated about the lack of new dungeons. The only way to get the devs to put more time and work into this section of the game is to not antagonize them at every turn when they think about it.

The Fractal CDI was a massive flop, we know. There was terrible feedback all around, and the end result butchered the drop rates for skins (but you DO in fact get decent drop rates on ascended chests now and while that may not matter to you getting a free ascended piece can save someone ~50g easily in 1 go).

If you want to keep being negative I won’t stop you, but don’t expect a dev to pay attention to what you have to say when you preface your suggestion with sarcasm.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

We need new content, not reworked old content. We know Anet can’t rework things, every time something has been reworked something else has suffered. Give us completely new content with new bosses and LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES.

Oh and please stop loading everything with puzzles/gimmicky minigames, that’s not what a dungeon should primarily be about.

This. You guys are falling for the PR response way too easily.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

random small thought but something.

this is also happening in “our” forum.

not General,
Not Living story.

“Ours”
the "zerker leetist toxic (insert other random casual references) forum.

the Dungeon Subforum.
Where some of the smartest, inteligent and most dedicated gamers reside.

Be intelligent.
Be realistic.
and most importantly.
Have fun.

got anything else to do?

IvanTheGrey.2941

not General,
Not Living story.

“Ours”

the Dungeon Subforum.

Be intelligent.
Be realistic.
and most importantly.
Have fun.

got anything else to do?

This.

Posted by: JasmineLong.6514

JasmineLong.6514

You know, it’s all fine and dandy that we’re getting a red post and some hope but WHY did it take us having to COUNTLESSLY complain about things in order for this to happen? It shows just out of touch they are with the dungeon community and just how important we are to them. Will I participate in making this better? Sure I will, I’ve spent thousands of hours and plenty of real life money on this game so far, whether I’m happy with the outcome so far or not. I want to see this game become better, it has great potential. Will I have any hopes for the outcome? Nope, no hope at all…I’ve seen what has happened before in this game. I’m just going to make sure that when things don’t happen the way they “should” we, the dungeon community, are not the reason for the failure.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

we’re a minority and resources are finite.

Were we always a minority or is this case of misplaced cause and effect? Are we a minority because most people that are interested in dungeons have moved on from GW2 or are we a minority because most people like casual open world content? If the latter, why focus on making new dungeons/changes at all if there’s no general desire and no ability to monetize them?

dutchiez.7502

not General,
Not Living story.

“Ours”

the Dungeon Subforum.

Be intelligent.
Be realistic.
and most importantly.
Have fun.

got anything else to do?

What have you been smoking? Cause I want some

Nova [rT]

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Lilith, here’s Chris’s summary of the Fractal CDI:

1: Dredge:
Dredge is frustrating and this is compounded by the overall length of the Fractal.
2: Make rewards more accessible and relevant:
- Allow players to spend their unwanted rewards to get rewards they actually need.
- Look at the general drop rate within Fractals.
- Take a look at the delivery of items to ensure they are more useful to individual players.
- Create a global dungeon reward system using a token system for example.
- Think of new rewards that cater more toward to Fractal players in general.
- Think about risk vs reward vs Time with global rewards.
- Do not depreciate the significance of certain rewards like Fractal skins.
- Clearer communication/info i needed around the Fractal Weapon boxes.
3: Re-rolling:
Work on the higher priority issues before tackling this area.
4: Level Reset:
- Do not do a reset moving forward.
5: Challenge:
- More of an emphasis on Instabilities and core game play challenge rather than simply agony moving forward.
- Add new types of challenge rather than reworking existing areas.
- Focus more on additional paths that reward players dependent on the interaction of said path. Note this also includes different strategies of goals achieved in certain encounters.
- Thanks for the tons of ideas for new encounters which the team has read and will impact our design moving forward.
6: Lore:
- Continue to have lore be a pillar of Fractals but ensure it doesn’t get in the way of the flow of the experience. For example, no un-skippable cut scenes.
-Thanks for the tons of ideas for new lore themes and gameplay which the team has read and will impact our design moving forward.
7: Tiers:
- Do a pass on which fractals are included in which tier in regard to risk vs reward vs time.
8: Accessibility:
- Think of ways to make it easier to get player’s into the Fractals, especially friends of existing players, specifically in regard to AR.

They asked, we responded, they delivered. On point 1. So maybe 7 years later they can get to the other 7 points. I’ll come back then.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Reading some of these replies….ugh, we’ve got a lot of issues to work through after letting the resentment build for so long. Hang in, there, Regina. Just let them get it out of their systems.

And add my vote to the “we don’t want fixes, we want new content after two years” camp :-)

To keep things moving forward, are you guys aware of the Cliffside Fractal hammer bug? I’m certain you are. Since that’s a major current issue that has been raised here repeated for a few weeks, some information on that would be a good start for letting us know you’re listening. Doesn’t need to be a promise or an exact time table or anything, but just an acknowledgement and whether it is currently a priority it is for the team would be awesome :-)

(edited by dlonie.6547)

One Note Chord.5031

I know I’ve been one of the negative ones, so I just want to clarify:

I would be less negative if Regina hadn’t come in with the same “tell us how to fix our current content” message we’ve gotten before. Again, existing dungeons aren’t the problem. The lack of new ones is.

Edit: Oh yeah, except the cliffside hammer bug. Please fix that!

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Dredge is frustrating and this is compounded by the overall length of the Fractal.
- Allow players to spend their unwanted rewards to get rewards they actually need.
- Take a look at the delivery of items to ensure they are more useful to individual players.
- More of an emphasis on Instabilities and core game play challenge rather than simply agony moving forward.
- Focus more on additional paths that reward players dependent on the interaction of said path. Note this also includes different strategies of goals achieved in certain encounters.
- Thanks for the tons of ideas for new encounters which the team has read and will impact our design moving forward.
- Continue to have lore be a pillar of Fractals but ensure it doesn’t get in the way of the flow of the experience. For example, no un-skippable cut scenes.
-Thanks for the tons of ideas for new lore themes and gameplay which the team has read and will impact our design moving forward.
- Do a pass on which fractals are included in which tier in regard to risk vs reward vs time.
- Think of ways to make it easier to get player’s into the Fractals, especially friends of existing players, specifically in regard to AR.

They asked, we responded, they delivered. On point 1. So maybe 7 years later they can get to the other 7 points. I’ll come back then.

Oh you forgot they removed 30 levels?
My subsequently perma-banned account remembers

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I can’t believe Regina is telling us all to “suck it up” in such a cheerful way; it really makes me /uninstall right now.

You won’t. You never will.

And also, it’s not changes to dungeons we want. It’s more dungeons.

Do not presume to speak for me.

One Note Chord.5031

And also, it’s not changes to dungeons we want. It’s more dungeons.

Do not presume to speak for me.

Yeah, you’re right, sorry. Edited.

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Oh you forgot they removed 30 levels?
My subsequently perma-banned account remembers

I was at 80 too. I lost 50 levels. The Fractals CDI came AFTER the Fractured disaster. Hence point 4 on Chris’s list.

Posted by: Sharki.5693

Sharki.5693

WE_WANT_CONTENT_NOW. NO more equivocation, NO more obfuscation, NO more ambigous interview. Say NOW what did you do in the last half year.
CONTENT OR RIOT!

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Their definitive answer toward hard modes was the most disappointing thing to hear.