What exactly is being done to fractals?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Every single update to fractals has been passable at best and a complete failure at worst (see: Fractured). ArenaNet constantly misses the mark and I think the main problen is lack of foresight and/or lack of community discussion.

What I think we need is an open discussion of the current ideas for fractals with the community, before they’re actually implemented. It’s no secret that we would have seen Swamp of the Mists coming if we knew all the details beforehand.

Even if it’s just very basic concepts, it’s a start. If the fractal team come out and say “We’re thinking about maybe doing X and Y. What’s everyone think before we actually waste a bunch of dev time on it?”

At this point I don’t get all the secrecy. Nobody wants surprises. We want to be able to contribute and build the best experience possible. So let us in, tell us what’s planned. Tell us what you’re changing before you change it.

Let us help.

noice

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

http://dulfy.net/2016/03/05/gw2-reddit-developer-ama-summary/
Not too many details on how they intend to move away from swamp unfortunately.

-They are working on new fractals and intent to make existing instances into fractals aswell.
-They are heavily working on the fractals in general and recognize there are a lot of changes to be made.
-They are trying to make fractals boss encounters harder and more diverse, using raid mechanics.
-They want to reinstate/rework/add instabilities.
-They want us to play all fractals, not just the short ones. They have ‘several ideas’ starting with daily achievements.
-more asc stuff.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

At this point I don’t get all the secrecy. Nobody wants surprises. We want to be able to contribute and build the best experience possible. So let us in, tell us what’s planned. Tell us what you’re changing before you change it.

Let us help.

Omg, no, please. With help like I’ve seen from Reddit and the forums, this game would be unplayable and dull. I agree that ANet often makes boneheaded changes, but they also produced the original game, which was (and remains) fun. I trust them more than I trust fans.

So, in general, I prefer the secrecy.

That said, I’d love to see the CDI return — at the conceptual level is where I think the community can be really useful, brainstorming and pointing out potential issues.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Making them worse than before – its an art form and takes time.
The first incarnation of fractals was fine – when multiple toons could do each range/day… then it went downhill from there.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com