[Wolf]Casual PUG Gorseval No-Draft w/Tempests

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

So, seeing as raids have been out for awhile, provide little money, meager rewards, a weekly 100 cap on the magnetite shards needed to get merchant stuff and only bolster the ego’s of “Elitists”. I figured it was time to post a No-Draft PUG-kill on him incase no one has yet to do so.

This vid contains:
4 [Wolf] guildies – Taking key roles: 1/2 condi war, 2 druid, 1 tempest(?)
6 PUG’s
No draft gors kill made easy. (We kill him 10+ times a week to farm, get friends/guildies through and boredom runs)

https://youtu.be/2gRbEeZmprA
^
A couple of pointers to put out there for those who don’t know already:

1) Raids aren’t really that much elite content. With proper planning(Take a few minutes to formulate one before the boss), team formations, tactics, and coordination, even casuals can do it (We No-drafted him with some casual players in tow a few times, drafting him is 2-3x easier)

2) You don’t need a team of the so-called “Condi Warrior/Burnzerker’s” it is 100% doable with only 2 (To hold the far spirits and kill orbs)
Why kill orbs you say? because condi warriors kill orbs faster than elementalists and waste less damage (F1 on boss+auto attack on orbs or F1 an orb, auto attack another. Ta-da!)

3) You also DO NOT NEED full ascended on ANY boss. The only Ascended items you actually need / would be good to have are Trinkets and weapons(Easy to get). Armor doesnt matter (Granted, scholar runes would still be nice on revenants / PS warriors / Physical-DPS types) So for these Full-ascended link-checks that people do.. I laugh at you.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Healing through his CC phase definitely makes the DPS check easier and the fight easier in general. Didn’t even know that was possible. I assume that’s what the double druids is for. Even the egg phase was completely disregarded that fight. Feels like you found a way to ignore his mechanics which makes the fight much easier. Especially for the pugs who only have to focus on DPS.

How well do pug Sabetha runs work? I find her harder than Gors. Gors has a tight DPS check but it’s not tight when you can skip the CC and glide phases. Sabetha’s DPS check isn’t tight but there are a lot of deadly mechanics.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

My guild always runs 2 druids on all bosses, works pretty well. Full spirit coverage to team: +25% outgoing DPS almost all the time(Grace of the land + FS), good burning damage from sun spirit and perma prot from stone, perma regen + heals from water spirit, and stability & heal from Nature.

Egg phase: Pump out condi war F1’s, or ele AOE’s under gors, have the team EVADE into him to get egged on purpose and the raw dps from AoE’s and burning will instantly break prison/eggs usually in 1/2 second (Works on any team with 1-2+ Eles/Condi wars/Hammer guardians)
We’ve been doing this for awhile, surprised PUG’s haven’t caught on:
“Hey we have all this aoe at our disposal but lets run away and avoid prison/egg’s anyway.”

We don’t do sabetha as a guild, we just farm VG and Gors, capp shards, then do other farms for gold cause raids is a waste of time after gors for us. Last time we did sab with this setup though, it was a walk in the park, though people were dying from mechanics, not damage so… meh.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Gorse needs a buff baaaaaadly…

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

Gorse needs a buff baaaaaadly…

How are you going to ask for a buff when most players have troubles & constant fails with even normal-way gorseval? This method requires ALOT of DPS or you still get killed by world eater. Your comment is foolish.

Posted by: Zanjii.8214

Zanjii.8214

Nah he’s right gorseval and the whole RAID is way to easy , every 2nd pug grp can clear the raid

(edited by Zanjii.8214)

Kagamiku.9731

Nah he’s right gorseval and the whole RAID is way to easy , every 2nd pug grp can clear the raid

That’s because everyone who failed time and time again has stopped even trying…Which is the vast majority of players. And every other pug still seems very high, I’ve joined a few pug groups that couldn’t even make it past vale.

Though I do think gorsevals (or any raid boss, like Vale guardians green circles) mechanics shouldn’t be able to be ignored. I don’t think this is what Anet intended. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet fixes that eventually.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Yes, I do think a boss from the raid – meant to challenge the top guild teams and push individual skill – shouldn’t have its mechanics ignored, especially not by a pug team with a staff-camping druid that won’t even burst heal in CA during the cc phase with partymates taking damage to the point of downs. Unless that was some strategy I don’t know. Let’s not even talk about VG and distortion…
Raids not in a bad shape, because it does require basic skill and some reliable execution to succeed with riskier strategies, but you shouldn’t be able to bypass mechanics. Ever.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Oh noes … the Meta police are coming! There is a rumor no one should be able to finish the raid without 99% conformance rating to meta.

Kagamiku.9731

I hate to break it to you, but every build and class in that gors kill was a meta build.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Oh noes … the Meta police are coming! There is a rumor no one should be able to finish the raid without 99% conformance rating to meta.

What does that have to do with anything?

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Jeez, you guys aren’t very funny, or overly sensitive, not sure which yet.

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

Yes, I do think a boss from the raid – meant to challenge the top guild teams and push individual skill – shouldn’t have its mechanics ignored, especially not by a pug team with a staff-camping druid that won’t even burst heal in CA during the cc phase with partymates taking damage to the point of downs. Unless that was some strategy I don’t know. Let’s not even talk about VG and distortion…
Raids not in a bad shape, because it does require basic skill and some reliable execution to succeed with riskier strategies, but you shouldn’t be able to bypass mechanics. Ever.

I recall dungeons challenging once.. then learned mechanics and a better setup.. now they’re not.
Jumping puzzles? challenging my first few times. but now? zzzzz.
VG and Gorseval? challenging once.. then week 2-3, poof. Just another farm.
Fighting MoA’s? I cried myself to sleep for weeks. Now? I take 3 healers and we bring extra Mana potions.

Moral of the story?
With time, content becomes easier and as always, repetitive.

Raids has been out for over a month already, people are learning better setups, getting better gear, etc, etc.

All you’re doing is basically “Hey make raids harder for everyone else but just enough so I and my team of elitist wannabe’s can complete so we can brag about it, talk down on people who can’t do it with and bolster our ego’s”

And mechanics weren’t ignored.

1- Taking gorseval down to 66% & 33% phases him, of which we did.

2- CC phase, evading blacks, and healing what we could, just like ANY team will try to do when you DO get hit by his AoE’s. -If your healer(s) don’t keep your people alive, then you have yourself a bad healer(s)_

3- His CC phase doesn’t last Forever, mechanic is simple:
he stops cc’ing and you have 2 options:
A) Run to a wall (Which we could have easily done making the fight 2x easier)
B) Try to DPS him and hope to phase him BEFORE he kills us with world eater.

4- We kept the Charged Souls from reaching gorseval which prevented him from killing us all with World-Eater while clearing Spectral Darkness on the field.

You are just narrow-minded and used to your way of playing. There are PLENTY of different way’s to do raids, not just your way.

(edited by ThyShadowPaladin.9521)

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

thanks for sharing. we might try that. I have perma ping 400, and die a lot in gorse. very frustrating at times.. this might help but would you mind sharing your build? herald keeping perma protection up and who is doing the perma regen?

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Zanjii.8214

Zanjii.8214

All you’re doing is basically “Hey make raids harder for everyone else but just enough so I and my team of elitist wannabe’s can complete so we can brag about it, talk down on people who can’t do it with and bolster our ego’s”
….

no1 say that, but anet promise us challange grp content with an anvil at the entrance where we can cry and try harder and they provide nothing :/

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

thanks for sharing. we might try that. I have perma ping 400, and die a lot in gorse. very frustrating at times.. this might help but would you mind sharing your build? herald keeping perma protection up and who is doing the perma regen?

Yeah that fight sucks with laggy players, I could see how this tactic could be very beneficial for you.

-The only think we have the heralds do is give boon duration and Fury.
Druid spirits are giving the protection (Stone Spirit)

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

The thing is, it’s a difference if content gets easier because people simply get better at it, or if it gets easier because new strategies are found that can bypass mechanics. And ignoring the world eater, ignoring the breakbar, ignoring the light on vale guardian etc is clearly bypassing mechanics.
Anet already made a (poorly implemented) fix when people were not breaking the bar on valeguardian but kept him stuck in the middle of the arena where no damage aoe appears. However, instead of just making the damage of the breakbar attack so strong that it would be a party wipe after a certain amount of time they just cancelled it after 5s.

However, since according to the balance preview it rather looks that condi warrior gets buffed even further, i don’t really believe that anet cares about raid balance anymore, after the initial hype is gone. Also, we barely see red posts anymore, while in the first few weeks basically every raid related question got answered.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Im a bit concern with how our team can manage the dps without gliding………

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

Im a bit concern with how our team can manage the dps without gliding………

Hmmm? If you’re talking about phasing him before world eater kills the team, then here’s a couple of pointers:
—It might look simple, but this method still requires quite a bit of DPS. You won’t be able to do it unless you have the damage.
—Also, if your team is able to no-draft gorseval this way, it’ll be 2x easier to just do it normally and draft him.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I love the sick brags about how easy the raid is. Sure, it is definitely easy when the strats for each boss are laid out for you along with builds. When you have to progress and defeat the bosses blind, thats the way to tell what is hard and what isn’t, not based on farmville mode.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

I love the sick brags about how easy the raid is. Sure, it is definitely easy when the strats for each boss are laid out for you along with builds. When you have to progress and defeat the bosses blind, thats the way to tell what is hard and what isn’t, not based on farmville mode.

Don’t know who you’re referring to, but I had to learn the hard way myself.
Countless fail VG’s, a couple hours watching vids I took to learn mechanics, memorize timing and finally beat him.
Gorseval – Countless PUG fails, again, watched vids I took of the fight, and finally beat him.
As for sabetha…
http://tinyurl.com/jhncrro
http://preview.tinyurl.com/jhncrro

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Of course anything that’s new is going to be challenging…..at first. It’s just that raids took a little longer to figure out since they were intentionally designed to be more challenging.

If that’s how you measure difficulty, sure, I’ll agree that the raids are challenging.

Now, I can fully appreciate the “look what I can do” runs that have been listed: 5 man VG, no up-draft Gorsy, etc. That’s where I draw the definition of challenging, and unfortunately the raids in their current state don’t meet that challenge.

For GW2 standards, the raids are challenging since the game as a whole caters to the casual player. So, it makes sense that the more hardcore/dedicated players can blow right through this. For a truly challenging content across the board the raids would need to be more dynamic or built in such a way that the crawl is more reactive than proactive. The way the content is right now we know exactly the way the encounters will play out everytime (minus some rng). Though, by the time you get to that extreme, you lose your casual audience since they cba to improve their skillset vs read a guide that tells them how to beat the game with the low-moderate skills they currently possess.

To OP,
Very great run. I look forward to trying it out with my guild when we get the chance.