Your best LFG reads and puglife stories

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

I was in my bank guild and joined a group of three who are actually from my main guild, but I said nothing. The fifth was a pug. We started Arah p2. They failed the skip to Belka, despite having 2 thieves. Then they failed to chain stealth from Belka to Abom. In all of the skips, I had to rush ahead and improvised. At Lupi, they failed to push him to the wall until they gave up and just fought him in the open. At some points, Lupi was pushed to the wall, but the mesmer failed to one shot him. He then blamed me for dodging out of the wall. They went down a few times at Alphard. Finally, when they failed the skip to Brie, they kicked the other pug thief for ‘being bad’ and kicked me for leaving aggro at their safe spot despite me having run half way ahead and all the mobs already leashed.

Who said guildies are not being kitten?

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I was in my bank guild and joined a group of three who are actually from my main guild, but I said nothing. The fifth was a pug. We started Arah p2. They failed the skip to Belka, despite having 2 thieves. Then they failed to chain stealth from Belka to Abom. In all of the skips, I had to rush ahead and improvised. At Lupi, they failed to push him to the wall until they gave up and just fought him in the open. At some points, Lupi was pushed to the wall, but the mesmer failed to one shot him. He then blamed me for dodging out of the wall. They went down a few times at Alphard. Finally, when they failed the skip to Brie, they kicked the other pug thief for ‘being bad’ and kicked me for leaving aggro at their safe spot despite me having run half way ahead and all the mobs already leashed.

Who said guildies are not being kitten?

sounds like its time to find a new guild….

I run my mouth so much though, it would be hard for my guild to not know it was me.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

IrisTheCasual.3742

Well, after that I spoke up in guild chat and an officer actually took the responsibility to resolve the issue. It’s one of the things that convince me to stay in the guild; it’s a big one but under solid management.

Talyn.3295

Well, after that I spoke up in guild chat and an officer actually took the responsibility to resolve the issue. It’s one of the things that convince me to stay in the guild; it’s a big one but under solid management.

That’s good at least.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

pugged fractals with 4 members of speed clear guild, got invited to their trials. I felt flattered. Oh I finally got my dagger skin, all in the same run!!

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

Over the last few days my fractal group has had to pug a guardian a fair bit (couple of people we run with haven’t been on, and we all have other classes we want to play right now), and i’ve come the conclusion that i’ve missed something huge, since virtually every guardian i’ve encountered has been one of those obnoxious staff guardians.

I wish i was joking. Nearly every single one has spent their entire time pushing autoattack whilst forgetting the things guardians actually need to do, like aegis, pulls, walls….whatever. I’m beginning to think staff might actually be meta now, and that i’ve missed a DnT video where they laid down some amazing DPS stats for staff, or have i just been impossibly unlucky with the quality of guardians i’ve had lately

(edited by HwaRyun.1807)

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I asked for “revenants, ping nude pics on join”.
Nobody joined.
/cries

I would have Joined. My Rev is a big Harry Norn.

I’m not sure if I’m into that ç_ç

but…but…she is cute…

She? I… I… uhm… I’m a lil confused (despite having a trans character in my regular party)
If it’s a she, we can come to an arrangement. Plz send pics to my secretary and we’ll try to find some room for an appointment.

Mr. Gabo would see you now, ma’am.

Big and harry enough for you?

Lol to both, and yummm to the second one.
Dem catwoman.

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

Posted by: Pengy.9580

Pengy.9580

I can’t go one fractal one without having to block someone. I was being nice to the guard who was directly giving me swiftness during Mai’s cannon phase with staff 3. Afterwards the necro on my team whispers me about me saying “ty” is like an insult. I always thought it was a compliment.sigh, I just had to block him, he was being crazy.

Attachments:

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Take a friend and you’ve got yourself a free Path 4 at orbs!

Posted by: DieFinn.3594

DieFinn.3594

Really funny thing happend today in my pug-group. After SE P1, I was looking for another group for P3. Lfg was empty so I created my own: “P3: Gogogirl on the run”. I simply like strange lfg-messages. So a thief (from the p1 run) and shortly after a ele joined. So while we are waiting for others we cleared the path to the first champ. 10 minutes later we were still 3 people, so I decided to change the lfg-message to: “P3: Come on bord”. 3 Seconds later we were full. Whats up with the people, don´t they like gogo-girls? Who knows, the thief and myself were laughing

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

Reminds me of one time a friend of mine listed "p3, dancing queens only", also for SE. Nothing happened for a few minutes, then I changed it and some guy joined instantly. He then told us he had been watching the lfg for a bit, but didn’t join because he hates Abba xD

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Anybody knows what a MYDAK means? This one person today kept yelling mydak on lvl 50 jade maw. Icebow mydak. I saw no ducks. No ducks whatsoever.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

IrisTheCasual.3742

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Just had a guy who insisted on picking up the hammer in Cliffside, and couldn’t hit the seal to save his life. Then I told him, after the third time he screwed up that he couldn’t hold it, and he got kitteny, then he and his friends ended up kicking me. I ended up reporting them.

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

Had a mesmer on scale 30 in the inquest fractal get all of the technicians killed, and then wondered why they were not able to reach the console. This was after they had asked the party to join their “fotm guild”.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Was at lupi and ping was being a kitten so I decided to get some pugs.
Ask for experienced and no oneshotting, staff guard joins, starts “pushing” lupi (even tho I clearly mentioned that we weren’t oneshotting), and eating 4 grubs in the process.

After this an elementalist kept max ranging lupi, making him teleport all over the place.
I asked him to stay in melee range, on which he responded with “talk to me when you are on ele, warrior is noob class”
So I switched to ele, guy keeps max ranging, gets kicked, rages at me for getting kicked.

Never kittening again…

Attachments:

(edited by bladex.9502)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

he responded with “talk to me when you are on ele, warrior is noob class”
So I switched to ele,

LOL I Love that.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: MorganLeFay.5816

MorganLeFay.5816

Oh, the humanity…..

Attachments:

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Oh, the humanity…..

…Aquabreather?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

IrisTheCasual.3742

1. At Cliffside, I made a thief salty as I constantly gave the group a portal lift. He was trying to run ahead to show off his Infiltrator’s Shot trick but always ended up behind :p

2. Pug reacts to “No underwater Mossie”.

3. When guild chat gets interesting in the middle of a pug, I grinned so hard.

Attachments:

bladex.9502

1. At Cliffside, I made a thief salty as I constantly gave the group a portal lift. He was trying to run ahead to show off his Infiltrator’s Shot trick but always ended up behind :p

Why are you using Shake it Off, Signet of Stamina AND Rampage in the third picture? how many conditions do you expect to cleanse o.O

IrisTheCasual.3742

Why are you using Shake it Off, Signet of Stamina AND Rampage in the third picture? how many conditions do you expect to cleanse o.O

Heat room solo setup. 2 Immobilization, I suppose?

bladex.9502

Didn’t know heat room was located inside Arah.
If it’s for the immob you pretty much dont really need any condi cleanse on warrior, and if you really want to play safe 1 condi cleanse is enough, or trait for brawler’s recovery since you’re the second warrior in the group anyways

(edited by bladex.9502)

IrisTheCasual.3742

If it’s for the immob you pretty much dont really need any condi cleanse on warrior, and if you really want to play safe 1 condi cleanse is enough, or trait for brawler’s recovery since you’re the second warrior in the group anyways

Are you an Arah police for real?

Because I took three loading screen from LA to Arah, swapped traits while autorun and got into combat in the process?

Because that pug group had nothing to do with the fact that my war camps LA/fractal all the time and I swapped to her for Arah on a whim.

And about 2 condi cleanse, I just use what is the easiest and fastest way so I can get my war out of combat as soon as possible before I swapped characters.

Sorry for not playing the perfect way you are assuming.

#nitpicking

bladex.9502

Because I took three loading screen from LA to Arah, swapped traits while autorun and got into combat in the process?

Because that pug group had nothing to do with the fact that my war camps LA/fractal all the time and I swapped to her for Arah on a whim.

And about 2 condi cleanse, I just use what is the easiest and fastest way so I can get my war out of combat as soon as possible before I swapped characters.

#nitpicking

I don’t really understand the third picture.
Assumed you were complaining about pugs being bad, so I commented about your utilities because they weren’t really showing you doing better yourself.

Sorry if I misunderstood it

IrisTheCasual.3742

#nitpicking

I don’t really understand the third picture.
Assumed you were complaining about pugs being bad, so I commented about your utilities because they weren’t really showing you doing better yourself. Oh wow!

Sorry if I misunderstood it

Eh, no? I said “guild chat gets interesting” and my pug didn’t even start the path yet, why would I judge them? o.O

bladex.9502

Eh, no? I said “guild chat gets interesting” and my pug didn’t even start the path yet, why would I judge them? o.O

Best guild chat reads and puglife stories confirmed?

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

I like how you took the time to cover names in the chat window in the first ss, eventhough everyones name is still visible above their chars and in the fractal transit popup. lol

IrisTheCasual.3742

I like how you took the time to cover names in the chat window in the first ss, eventhough everyones name is still visible above their chars and in the fractal transit popup. lol

Normally I wouldn’t censor when there is no obscenity. I guess taking an extra step is kinda redundant. My bad!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Best guild chat reads and puglife stories confirmed?

Nitpick and criticize anything posted in a fun thread confirmed?

IrisTheCasual.3742

It’s fun and ironic when an ele waltzs in a fractal level 19 pug:

- Can someone res me if I’m gonna be down?
- A necro… Bye

/ele leave

To my pleasant surprise, the necro played with daggers, used wells effectively and not broke a single sweat against Mai Trin.

Attachments:

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

- Can someone res me if I’m gonna be down?

Lava tomb new old meta.

Posted by: Selya.5039

Selya.5039

Yesterday: FoTM 49. Had a thief that literally camped Shortbow on Bloomhunger and the entirety of Ascalon Fractal. Didn’t switch weapons once at all. When I politely asked why our thief was running only shortbow, his friend in the group said “It’s ok”.

Wiped on Ashym 5 times (Warrior in the group was running some weird build as well. Had 0 might stacks despite having a warrior, thief and engi in the team). I left after that.

Today: FoTM 38. We already were off to a bad start because we screwed up a few times on swamp (one of those days..), then a ranger joined. Had triple signets, no Frost Spirit, no Spotter. Literally camped Longbow for the entire run. Pulled mobs multiple times before group was ready, didn’t stack with the party and ranged every mob, thereby pulling mobs away from the stack. When asked to melee with us, he actually used longbow in melee range as well without changing weapons once.

Now, I don’t consider myself a great player, so I tend to be very tolerant with other players making mistakes because I make many of them myself. However, once we got shaman as our third fractal and he started to randomly afk without saying anything on top of everything else he was doing, we just had to kick. First time I’ve ever kicked anyone in a while.

Today: CM P3. In the stealth run to the final boss, the Engi somehow made a mistake and died. One of our thieves waypointed back to get him, but he somehow messed up again and didn’t get the shadow refuge, so the thief just went ahead without him. We told the engi to just stealth himself and run to us, but then he said…

“Stealth not long enough, only 6s”.

Apparently this level 80 engi didn’t know how to blast the smoke field from the bomb kit =-/ So two thieves and I (a mesmer) 3 manned the final boss instead (the fifth member randomly logged out and changed characters and thus got stuck on the other side of the mobs).

#puglyfe indeed.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Ok that’s a new, someone selling a guild: http://prntscr.com/85mhc1

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Yesterday I had one of those days when bad luck decides to visit on every single dungeon run.

In Hotw p1 I got lots of kitteny talk from high ap thief who though I wasn’t good enough for the party. No blinds anywhere, no smoke screen either and then he spent most of the final boss fight downed :S

Then lvl 9 fractal, lfg “3rd map make sure you know your class”. I thought, oh cool, this will go fast. Joined them (all from one guild) on last figh on cliffside, the last map was mai. This is where things got interesting. I went to the small place around corner from the mobs, others in party started telling me to let ellen die. We killed mobs, and those four started running back and forth to the side gate for like 30s. At mai, they kept repeating “stack”, took less than 10s from mai going agro for them to all get downed, all four of them >.< I rez one, the others relogged, from now on stacking on mai was just nonexistent so took a while to get the stacks off. The whole time 1-3 of were either downed, dead or relogging. 1. cannon phase, same thing, constantly dying and relogging (now I understood why they practised it at start lol). I gave up after almost 15mins as mai was still at 80% HP and stacks high, and those guys still relogging.

Next SE p1, 3 warrs and one guard in party (me ele), 1-17k APs. First golem no problem, at Nokk we almost wiped, 3 guys were ranging. We get to golems, stacked in the corner, no wall, we got wiped. I asked guard to use wall, no response so on next try, I used swirling winds as someone pulled golems, then staff earth 3, still not enough and no wall, all dead. We tried again twice, swirling wings and mag aura not enough and guys stacked in that corner really well, even when aoes were melting them. They decided to range golems from the tunnel, first time ever for me that a party couldn’t kill golems stacked in corner or on spot. Some ranged tazza too, cos killshot is op I guess.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

coe group looking for zerk or nomad necro, still unsure why

Attachments:

Posted by: Xerocross.8102

Xerocross.8102

I’m gonna leave this here…

Attachments:

Talyn.3295

With what?

15 big harry chars

Attachments:

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Clearly the Warrior is planning to goat on top of Lupi’s wall and use whatever they renamed the Missile Deflection trait to 1-shot him. Duh.

I mean that one guy awhile back even posted as such. PUGs have really raised their standards, man.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Necro goat with crystal.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

bladex.9502

Stupid PHIW elitists always insulting us QQ

Attachments:

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

And finally at maw they had the other ele switch to necro to fully leech the boss. Took forever because they kept using skill 4 not 2. Thought there was a bug if you did it before killing the elementals? Actually warned them about it but it’s either sporadic or removed.

It must be sporadic because recently in a 49 a friend decided to do that with his necro. We didn’t kill enough ice dudes, and after jade maw “died” he just kind of hung around and we couldn’t fix it. The worst part is that fractal took an hour and a half, and was all the time I had to play that day. I was pretty angry and rage quit to bed xD.

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

Make a lfg for a fract30, get a warrior, he kittentalks rangers for ranging when a ranger joins – ranger leaves. Party fills, warrior and other 2 pugs wait underwater for mossman. Mossman doesn’t go underwater and is ~60% when pugs surface. Get harpy fractal, warrior breaks out rifle to “hold aggro”. Friend comments and asks why hes using rifle to hold aggro. Warrior doesn’t like, try to kick warrior after minutes of kittentalking. Pugs vote kick us instead. fun

bladex.9502

Enter “metazerk ping gear” arah pug on ele, ping gear, then this happens.
Warrior that made the LFG proceeds to be the only person not pathing oozes, using dolyak signet and banner of defense, no phalanx strength.

Attachments:

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

We did a few Lv50 fractals today for funsies. Normally we have a full party, but it wasn’t the case today for most of the night, so we pugged two spots for a couple more relaxed runs. We ended up getting a guardian who was from one of the well known speedclear guilds that you guys are all part of in this subforum (not going to say which one, for obvious reasons), and he was one of the most rude, condescending players i’ve ever seen.

The guy spent the first half of the fractal picking on every little thing he could, often kind of pointless things like why one of us used X skill at a certain time, complaining why a couple had MF food rather than the optimal stat boosting foods or why we weren’t using whatever strategy he thought was best. It was a fairly relaxed run, there was nothing about meta/zerk/speedclear/whatever in the lfg, we just ran with what we got, yet this guy comes in and is expecting some speedclear tactics, and getting all kitteny when we don’t do them?

When we have our full party then yeah, things are more organised and take 30mins to clear, but we said from the outset that this wasn’t one of those runs (one player we had with us was today new to higher leveled fractals), so the attitude this guy was showing was just a pain. He was obviously a really good player – he wouldn’t be in the guild he was in if he wasn’t – but i question why he wasn’t running with his own friends if he was wanting a specific type of run.

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

I’ve played with a few people from speedclear guilds and some of them weren’t very good, two of the people I spoke to just straight up admit to me they were incapable of doing the trials themselves because they joined at a time when the guild was smaller, the trials were easier or they were invited by friends. The fact that this toxic player decided to join your pug and call out everyone’s food buff is hilarious though, no-one in that persons guild wants to play with them so that says a lot.

(edited by Evapor.6849)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Probably happened in EU.

There are no rude guys from elite guilds in NA. Definitely. Never seen any in my pugs. No ways.

/s

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids