Restricted Records

(edited by xBlackPolour.2574)

[hP] Fractal Records lvl 91,97,85

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Next

Impressive strats :O I wasn’t aware of that Urban trick!

Posted by: xBlackPolour.2574

xBlackPolour.2574

Impressive strats :O I wasn’t aware of that Urban trick!

Yes but its pretty old tactic

and can i may ask u cuz ur a “Content Programmer” why is Ashym (last boss in urban) moving that much wud be interestin

(edited by xBlackPolour.2574)

Posted by: Benjamin Arnold

Previous

Benjamin Arnold

Content Programmer

Ashym doesn’t really move a whole lot other than when he uses the fiery greatsword whirl. Other than that he has AI just like any other mob so he aggros on people and moves towards them.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

In your Uncat video at 2:47, you use a portal as soon as Old Tom dies, literally the second he dies, to get to the top floor. I thought the way forward from Old Tom was blocked until he was dead? How can your chrono get up there before he dies?

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

In your Uncat video at 2:47, you use a portal as soon as Old Tom dies, literally the second he dies, to get to the top floor. I thought the way forward from Old Tom was blocked until he was dead? How can your chrono get up there before he dies?

There’s a blink spot that lets you get up there. You can see that the chrono drops the portal and it opens immediately, so they blinked up earlier. At 1:41 you can see them going up top to drop it and at 1:56 you can see the portal entre icon appear on their bar.

Edit: And at 2:01 you can see them dropping back down outside old tom’s room and coming back in for the fight.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

it’s a jumping puzzle not a blink spot

OriOri.8724

There’s a blink spot that lets you get up there. You can see that the chrono drops the portal and it opens immediately, so they blinked up earlier. At 1:41 you can see them going up top to drop it and at 1:56 you can see the portal entre icon appear on their bar.

Edit: And at 2:01 you can see them dropping back down outside old tom’s room and coming back in for the fight.

Yea I watched him leave, I just thought you weren’t allowed to leave the room and go up until old tom was dead.

Posted by: Arthas.1074

Arthas.1074

Yea I watched him leave, I just thought you weren’t allowed to leave the room and go up until old tom was dead.

Current Record uses same Skip and is approved

OriOri.8724

I’m not contesting the record, I just thought that this was an exploit. Is it not?

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’m not contesting the record, I just thought that this was an exploit. Is it not?

Sure it is, but that doesn’t mean speedruns can’t use it until it’s fixed.

Posted by: UandF.1536

UandF.1536

Ashym doesn’t really move a whole lot other than when he uses the fiery greatsword whirl. Other than that he has AI just like any other mob so he aggros on people and moves towards them.

Yes, it shouldn’t move…but it seems that the boss is pretty much bugged in similar fashion like Keeper’s Construct where it walks away from the aggro, perhaps fix incoming?

Posted by: Kantid.3571

Kantid.3571

How do you move forward with fire-staff-4 in the first video?
at 1.44, 2.09 & 3.16

Posted by: Guts.5019

Guts.5019

u can bind a key for make ur character to instant turn back, just have to press burning retreat after while holding the camera

Posted by: Kantid.3571

Kantid.3571

so i have to hold “left mouse button” and then press “about face”…

sigh… anet, why “free camera” option does not affect camera rotation on using “about face”?

Posted by: Goni.3620

Goni.3620

That’s the skip we used

Posted by: UandF.1536

UandF.1536

Why isn’t this approved yet?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Sweet runs overall! Hope to see more.

Unfortunately there are some little timer details which add considerable amount of time to some fractals. Also I had to be bit creative with player names since the provided information wasn’t 100% clear. Would be cool if you could check http://gw2dungeons.net/Guilds##[hP] and let me know if something is wrong.

Approved Uncategorized with time 3:23 since the timer should stop when the reward chest appears. Also the mesmer should record since his skip doesn’t appear in any videos (but not a big deal).

Approved Urban Battleground with time 4:51 (from smokescale movement to reward chest).

Approved Thaumanova with time 3:47 (from start to reward chest). Also the warrior should record since heat room doesn’t show in any videos (but again, not a big deal).

Btw, does Sali really have 3 different warriors? :O

(edited by Wethospu.6437)