times you got in CoF p1 w/o 4 warriors?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: John.7025

John.7025

Just wondering, i think people are saying standard time for 4 warriors and a mesmer is 6-7mins

Yet i just had 6 games in a row of CoF p1 where by we always finished in under 5 were 7mins 1 was 8 mins. roles were, 1 Warrior, 2Ele, 1 mesmer, 1 ranger

honestly dont see why people are only wanting 4 warriors

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

I think people run 4 warriors because it’s “easy”. I join my fair share of speed farming groups, and the average time is about 8 minutes a run. It could be faster, but someone always has to sell, AFK for a bit, etc, that drags the time down.

That being said, I also do “misfit” speed farming where any class is accepted. Average time for those groups is 11 minutes. It really doesn’t make that much of a difference in my opinion, but then I don’t farm CoF enough that it would.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

I’ve never run it 4/1 even once. We do it 15 in mins. No skips. No rushing. Characters vary. Always 1 ranger and 1 mesmer, but the other 3 of us have loads of other toons. Evrything but engi and that’s cause my engi is still lvl 31. Always the same 5 players, though.

Honestly, if three minutes matters to you in a game, then you need to re-examine your life.

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

12-15 minutes on average. The only thing that slows you down is the flaming balls part if you don’t get it in the first hit.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

7-8 minutes, with a Thief (me), Mesmer, Elementalist, Warrior and Guardian. Using a Thief to burst down the gate controller is unparalleled time-saving.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

15-18 minutes, but that’s clearing full with oozes, usually 1 mes + 1 guardian + 1 ranger + 2 warriors. Sometimes takes a little longer when someone misses the jump to the oozes and has to res and run back.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I don’t think I’ve ever had a group that took over 15 minutes unless we were having a super hard fail or a very long afk. We recently ran two mesmers, two eles, and a ranger. It was tough, but didn’t take us long. I think I’ve only ran a four warrior group once or twice, so I’m fairly used to running with random classes. The only time I care about those five minutes are when they’ll make the dungeon end after reset.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I personally think that what really matters is thus:
A) power builds over any other builds, regardless of class
B) knowledge of the path and the ways to save time
C) at least 1 mesmer for the boulder part

Other than that, the class ultimately doesn’t matter. Warriors are just nice because they are pretty resilient and noob-friendly. As far as pugs go, if you get a warrior you’re less inclined to think “If this guy is bad this run is going to be awful”.

7-8 minutes, with a Thief (me), Mesmer, Elementalist, Warrior and Guardian. Using a Thief to burst down the gate controller is unparalleled time-saving.

I personally use Frenzy to burst down the Controller on my Warrior in 3-4 seconds. How fast does your Thief do it? I imagine the times are comparable.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Auesis.7301

I personally use Frenzy to burst down the Controller on my Warrior in 3-4 seconds. How fast does your Thief do it? I imagine the times are comparable.

It’s usually destroyed within 3 seconds or less. First, before the event starts, I Shadowstep past the door before it closes and go in to stealth with C+D to blind the Hellstorm and then use kits, so I’m directly next to the controller. I use my heal for actual stealth and I time my spawning of both Thieves Guild and Ambush from the Hellstorm while hidden for when the shield goes down and Haste it down after a backstab with HS.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Interesting and good information. I think the real key to that speed increase is getting behind the door before it closes. I doubt most run-of-the-mill Thieves are that competent.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Auesis.7301

Yup, that’s pretty much the defining part about that strategy. It’s a little tricky to execute the whole combo, but in an organised team and a watchful eye, you can get the damage rolling the split-second the 4th altar lights up. I imagine it’s a lot easier and simpler for a Warrior to just Rush up and start smacking it with quickness, but I prefer my method.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

Really wished people timed their dungeons properly from the moment the popup to enter the dungeon occurs until the reward popup arrives. Way too many times do I see people claiming <7min runs and then realize that they decide its convenient to time it from path vote or when magg blows up the door as if time has stopped from the end of the run until that event occurs again. There’s a good 1.5-2min that gets overlooked. Otherwise, I’d really love to see these <7min runs that doesnt neglect those factors.

ComeAndSee.1356

It is possible to do it in 7 minutes from when the gate opens.

Ioflux.4369

It is possible to do it in 7 minutes from when the gate opens.

I know its possible, I didn’t say it wasnt, it’s just not as common as everyone claims it to be especially when you got a party of warrior, 2 ele, mesmer.

My point was moreso the fact that ALOT of claims are debunked if you put them under that basis. It’s not impossible, just the statistics are more accurate.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Just wondering, i think people are saying standard time for 4 warriors and a mesmer is 6-7mins

Yet i just had 6 games in a row of CoF p1 where by we always finished in under 5 were 7mins 1 was 8 mins. roles were, 1 Warrior, 2Ele, 1 mesmer, 1 ranger

I typically get it done in 10 mins or less without the “meta” teams unless something goes horribly wrong such as people dying at the first boss or messing up the boulder puzzle. My group advertisement always welcomes any profession, since I really only care if people know what they’re doing and ask questions if they are unsure of something.

Typically, the people who are constantly farming P1 for an hour or so want warriors because of their high DPS. They want to clear P1 in such a short time that they have less of a risk getting caught by the event that opens CoF. Their goal is pretty much to make money as quickly as possible, so they have every right to make their group as optimal as possible for farming. This shouldn’t bother you when you can make your own group or join groups with less of a requirement. I’ve made/found many groups that do the casual speed clears.

ComeAndSee.1356

People want to feel special entitlement with what class they’re playing.

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Warriors are easy to build and easy to play damage, they have easy abilities and their survival is based on stats, not skill.

A Thief greatly outperforms a Warrior DPS wise with a proper might stacking group; it’s just a lot harder and you have to be smarter.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

Posted by: abelooi.9156

abelooi.9156

8 min. this is with 1 mesmer, 1 guardian, 1 ranger, 1 necro, 1 ele. YUP. Include within are three classes people thought would suck in speedrun.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

20 minutes. Warrior, Necro, Ranger, Ele, Mesmer.

Posted by: Samriel.4312

Samriel.4312

Do CoF1 daily with my guild, takes around 15 minutes or so with 2 guardians, warrior, ranger, and one random (usually ele, thief, or second ranger).

John.7025

To be honest the only requirements should be a mesmer and people who know how to not die and know the path extremely well

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Really wished people timed their dungeons properly from the moment the popup to enter the dungeon occurs until the reward popup arrives. Way too many times do I see people claiming <7min runs and then realize that they decide its convenient to time it from path vote or when magg blows up the door as if time has stopped from the end of the run until that event occurs again. There’s a good 1.5-2min that gets overlooked. Otherwise, I’d really love to see these <7min runs that doesnt neglect those factors.

That’s not actually correctly timing it either, you have to do a full circle, we usually start from when Magg opens the door and end when Magg opens the door on the next run.

Gate to gate (full trip even through dialogue) 1 GS-S/Focus mesmer 2 GS warriors 1 D/D thief 1 beastmaster SB (crit) hunter
6 minutes 59 seconds was our fastest
This was of course a magically perfect run where everyone managed to dodge and the Mesmer got the perfect feedback off on the final boss.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

(edited by Scootabuser.4915)

Posted by: codpin.6542

codpin.6542

Did it once with 4 guardians and 1 mesmer. Was fun!

But yeah, i’ve done with 4/1 comp and i’ve done with all random classes. I dont really care what class you are if you know the drill. Sometimes its faster to go with less damage classes then it is to go with full zerk warriors that die in 1shot from the boss or other mob and u have to constantly ress them.

Faith of Astora - Guardian | Faith Mess - Mesmer | Faith War - Warrior
Member of ASq Guild – Gandara [EU]

Posted by: Daklha.2417

Daklha.2417

With 4 warriors and a mesmer, we do runs under 5 minutes. With most of the timing wasted on waiting for the events. I can guarantee you that if you’re able to kill a champion in under 10secs it’s fast.

ComeAndSee.1356

Did it in8 minutes with 2 Necros, 2 Elementalist, and me on my Guardian. lol

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

Dude that was my party! I was the warrior.

Yeah, it’s really pointless to look for four warriors…all i do is post P1 P2 LFXM and fill. Usually takes 7-10 mins regardless of class make up.

Magummadweller

Posted by: Pixelninja.6971

Pixelninja.6971

The best time we measured (from gate open to boss down) with our war/mes group was 5:01min, but we still had cooldown on timewarp on the first boss. Under 5mins can be done if everything runs perfect, we could optimize our gear even more too. Once we ran so fast we only got 1 token at the end due to DR.

(edited by Pixelninja.6971)

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

2 mesmers 2 warriors 1 thief.

2 mesmers is far more optimal assuming you still keep a solid time schedule.

behind the logic:
For the slave driver, you generally want to kill him within a single time warp. This is completely doable with the above composition. It’s doable with 4 warriors too, but the time difference is so minimal here that it may as well not exist. Also if your group sucks, a second time warp more than makes up the DPS on this boss.
For the final boss where you’ll take over 10 seconds, the multiple time warp give you more DPS over that 20 second period. With a good enough boss fight, you can usually down him within this time period.

The thief is also better at the gate control than any warrior ive ever seen. My typical gate control went like this
1. move into the first braizer
2. stand with back to wall
3. use hundred blades
4. when hundred blades is done killing my monsters, the thief has finished
That’s insane speed. Even with frenzy I dont think a warrior can match that burst on the gate control. Oh and ofc the thief can stealth you as you run past the hellstrom, so no one burns half to death.

we never timed it exactly, but we were consistently under 6 minutes. We eventually stopped when we had an 8 minute run because we realized we were getting too fatigued.

John.7025

Dude that was my party! I was the warrior.

Yeah, it’s really pointless to look for four warriors…all i do is post P1 P2 LFXM and fill. Usually takes 7-10 mins regardless of class make up.

haha was a good run :P!

Ioflux.4369

That’s not actually correctly timing it either, you have to do a full circle, we usually start from when Magg opens the door and end when Magg opens the door on the next run.

Gate to gate (full trip even through dialogue) 1 GS-S/Focus mesmer 2 GS warriors 1 D/D thief 1 beastmaster SB (crit) hunter
6 minutes 59 seconds was our fastest
This was of course a magically perfect run where everyone managed to dodge and the Mesmer got the perfect feedback off on the final boss.

That is the most accurate form of timing when you’re trying to calculate Gold/hour. Time didnt magically stop because you weren’t inside the dungeon. Clock still ticks outside of vote to dungeon complete reward. I guarantee you alot of <7min runs are not as many as they claim if timed under these conditions. The fastest I’ve been able to manage to squeeze everything down to is 6:25 – 6:35. I reckon I could squeeze another 15s out of the run from the entrance given enough drill practice on a different method.

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I can only say that I run CoF often (I already have 1 full armor suit, a 2hander, and tons of tokens left over) and 90% or even higher was without 4 warriors. I don’t care what the class is when we form the group for CoF path 1 it’s easy as pie with any group.