20 slot bag

20 slot bag

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

buy candy corn cob from TP and goto Lion’s Arch north waypoint ( Commodore’s Quarter) and run north then west to npc to trade candy corn cob for 20 slot bag.
3 candy corn cob = 20 slot account bound halloween pail
u can upgrade bag slot for 200 gem by right click on the locked bag slot from your inventory.

(edited by Taxidriver.2043)

20 slot bag

Posted by: Ballistic.2570

Ballistic.2570

150 fractal shards will get you a 20 slot bag. Fast, easy and best of all, Free.

20 slot bag

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Invested in Candy Corn Cobs did you?

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

20 slot bag

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

It’s a good way for players to get 20-slots if they don’t play fractals. Cheaper than the ridiculous 10g superior holding rune the at least

20 slot bag

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

I like my inventory sorting itself with useful bags, thanks.

20 slot bag

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Anet could always rebalance the cobs price.

Two years ago they were 10 cobs (or more I forget). I’m sure the game economist saw that the glut of candy corn never got spent all year.

I think if you want bags for 3 candy cobs (which is half price compared to normal 0 slot bags), then you should get them now.

Btw: (The fractal relic bags have an automatic sorting effect that is really annoying if you don’t specifically want it).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

20 slot bag

Posted by: Miss Lana Too.5794

Miss Lana Too.5794

Btw: (The fractal relic bags have an automatic sorting effect that is really annoying if you don’t specifically want it).

The 150 slot ones take “masterwork before everything else”, but if you only get those bags then it wouldn’t really affect your inventory.

45 characters, 20 level 80s, 11 impersonal story completions and counting.

20 slot bag

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Halloween Pails are a great way to avoid the cost of Holding runes. Safe Boxes and the like are still expensive, but I only use one per character.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

20 slot bag

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

3 Cobs now, when did this change from 10?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

20 slot bag

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

3 Cobs now, when did this change from 10?

Last year’s event.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

20 slot bag

Paulytnz.7619

Wow didn’t realize that. I had planned on saving 10 for a bag slot but was working on the mini first. Didn’t get to cash my cobs in on time for the mini (which I even forget what one it is now) and so I have 10+ cobs sitting in my bank now. Might have to take another look at that. But tbh I think the smart thing for people to do is wait and see what comes this year, as there may be something new to spend those cobs on.

20 slot bag

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

The 150 slot ones take “masterwork before everything else”, but if you only get those bags then it wouldn’t really affect your inventory.

They ignore the condense option which can be an absolute pain if you’re a trash-heaper like myself.

Yes, my inventory is never organized except for the first 2 lines.
Yes, I have a lot of stuff I don’t need sitting around.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

20 slot bag

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I only bothered getting one of my chars all 20 slots, the rest manage with 15 and 18 slot bags. It’s plenty good enough.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

20 slot bag

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

At least those cobs give a use for candy corn from the daily home instance mining if you have that node. I’ve gotten one bag and working on a second.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

20 slot bag

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Got free Halloween 20 slot pails from pvp reward track during the event. Got tons of em.
6g for a pail is still a cheap alternative than the others but the fractal ones are ideally the best for free.

Säïnt

20 slot bag

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

20 slot bags from fractals are incredibly easy to get. Most people have more relics than they know what to do with.

Anet make Rev great again.

20 slot bag

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Inventory management and seeing bags fill up very quickly isn’t fun, yet games way overprice the bags that would really minimize them. The 18 slot bags seem to have the best cost to performance ratio as the run of superior holding is drastically more expensive. If you have three 20 slot bags you’ll have six extra spaces compared to three 18 slot bags, but are six extra spaces really worth the 30g?

20 slot bag

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

All of my characters have some 20 slot Halloween pails. Some in every slot. I keep most of my stuff that I do not anticipate a need for in the bank (which I bought several extra slots for) so my average inventory carried around is about 30. Even that could be reduced really. Anyway, the reason I keep so much space available is for unpacking bunches of chests at a time.

Buying the cobs is no big deal. Even low level characters can pull in a few gold a day by salvaging everything they do not need and utilizing resource nodes. Sure, they can not go to Southsun to get the flowers but all of that soft wood and iron adds up.

20 slot bag

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

20 slot bags from fractals are incredibly easy to get. Most people have more relics than they know what to do with.

Maybe most regular fractal runners, I highly doubt that group is a significant portion of the GW2 population.

20 slot bag

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

At least those cobs give a use for candy corn from the daily home instance mining if you have that node. I’ve gotten one bag and working on a second.

Candy Corn Ice Cream is a nice use too, if you’re leveling new characters.

20 slot bag

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Maybe most regular fractal runners, I highly doubt that group is a significant portion of the GW2 population.

I like how people assume instance runners aren’t a significant portion of the population because they can’t see them around.

You know.

Because they commonly hang out in instances.

And don’t use LFG.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

20 slot bag

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Labyrinth farm payed for all mine on 3 toons. This year will kit out the rest.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

20 slot bag

nekretaal.6485

No, even if you do this, they are still annoying, because you can’t use the option to compress your bags, so after you use deposit all materials, you have random stuff in all of your bags and you have to manually sort them.

They are a terror if you try to keep your bags organized.

20 slot bag

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Yeah, this thread sounds like someone has money in them and is trying to cash out before Halloween tanks prices lol
I hadn’t heard about them last year, as I missed halloween, so I’ve been waiting patiently to do some farming this year, not breaking the bank or feeding someone else’s speculation at this point.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

20 slot bag

Just a flesh wound.3589

Candy Corn Ice Cream is a nice use too, if you’re leveling new characters.

Oh yah, very true. I use ice cream on my new chars for the karma boost, exp and healing, since they don’t have access to a birthday blaster.

ANet may give it to you.

20 slot bag

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Yeah, this thread sounds like someone has money in them and is trying to cash out before Halloween tanks prices lol
I hadn’t heard about them last year, as I missed halloween, so I’ve been waiting patiently to do some farming this year, not breaking the bank or feeding someone else’s speculation at this point.

price is very consant and havent changed much since halloween

dont think it will drop this time ….

31th oct 14: 2 g 30
sept 1th 15: 1g 94

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/47909

(edited by Zaron.1987)

20 slot bag

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

No, even if you do this, they are still annoying, because you can’t use the option to compress your bags, so after you use deposit all materials, you have random stuff in all of your bags and you have to manually sort them.

They are a terror if you try to keep your bags organized.

This is actually exactly the opposite of my experience. I want my bags organized. My bag 5 is my backup gear set. 4 is consumables. First 3 is for loot. Last thing I want is to accidently hit ‘comress’ and end up with my backup set in bag 1 and have to sort it all over again. So yes, ~40 fractal bags on this account :>

20 slot bag

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

buy candy corn cob from TP and goto Lion’s Arch north waypoint ( Commodore’s Quarter) and run north then west to npc to trade candy corn cob for 20 slot bag.
3 candy corn cob = 20 slot account bound halloween pail
u can upgrade bag slot for 200 gem by right click on the locked bag slot from your inventory.

Thank you very much for bringing this option to my attention. At last some good use for all those stacked up candy corn in my bank.

20 slot bag

nekretaal.6485

Look at the historical charts.

Candy Corn prices spike up during the event and don’t fall till the even is over.

I put my money where my mouth is. Candy corn is still dirt cheap so I bought corn and made bags for my HOT Reveant last week. I have no corn on the market, but I am still thinking about flipping corn at 28-35 silver which is what corn cost during every other Halloween.

The candy corn cobs price of stuff adjusted every year, and I fully expect more expensive sinks this year (and possibly also less supply, since Halloweeen event starts on HoT release day).

20 slot bag

Just a flesh wound.3589

Look at the historical charts.

Candy Corn prices spike up during the event and don’t fall till the even is over.

I put my money where my mouth is. Candy corn is still dirt cheap so I bought corn and made bags for my HOT Reveant last week. I have no corn on the market, but I am still thinking about flipping corn at 28-35 silver which is what corn cost during every other Halloween.

The candy corn cobs price of stuff adjusted every year, and I fully expect more expensive sinks this year (and possibly also less supply, since Halloweeen event starts on HoT release day).

I’m seeing candy corn at 1.5 silver on October 21st 2014 and crashing to 27 copper when Halloween starts and staying there or cheaper for months.

https://www.gw2tp.com/item/36041-piece-of-candy-corn?full=1

ANet may give it to you.

20 slot bag

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

There’s also a pretty easy collection which gives a 20-slot bag. Everything can be bought (mostly from karma vendors), except for two drops which are pretty cheap on TP.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Uncanny_Canner

20 slot bag

Paulytnz.7619

This is the set up for bags that I used to use:

1 – 20 slot Weapon Box.
2 – 20 slot Weapon Box.
3 – Original 20 slot Backpack.
4 – 20 Slot Blue bag.
5 – 20 Slot Blue bag
6 – 20 Slot Rare bag.
7 – 20 Slot Exotic Bag.
8 – 12 slot Junk bag (trophy drops always go here first).

How it worked well for me. The 2 weapon boxes at the top I use for all weapons that my char can use, tonics, armours and other things that I do not want to appear in the TP or merchant lists. WvW Siege and things like royal pass etc are also good here. So too are fun items like fire works, fun boxes etc etc.

Next the original backpack and the blue bags would pretty much take all whites, blues, greens and other salvage things such as hides as well as loot bags etc.

The rare and exotic bags make sure that they are below the other stuff that I will be salvaging often so that I don’t try to salvage them by accident or have to put up with the “are you sure message” while using lower quality salvage kits (or now my copper salvage item). Also in the rare bag I have a rare salvage kit to instantly salvage these rares when I need to. In the exotic I have a BLTC salvage kit for those.

The last bag is really a good one that helps to no end. All junk trophy drops go here so that I never have to see them when I am looking through my salvage items and loot bags. It also places them out of sight usually when I am in the merchant’s lists so I never have to see them there. Hitting that “sell junk” option is the only time I have to ever deal with these, I never need to look at those eye sores lol.

This set up explains pretty much how you CAN use the fractal cheap bags to good effect. However these days I have replaced the 2 blue bags for some other 20 slot bags that I have earned in game. It just makes it a little bit better. So don’t let those fractal bags put you off using them. Sure they are not perfect but they can be good cheap options for players until they get some other 20 slot bags.

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)