2700gold , You're kidding bro?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I spent a couple hours most afternoons getting map complete I think it took me a few weeks. It was boring, but it wasn’t that difficult.

My goal when I bought this game was to get a legendary, I started the game in February and had my Incinerator by the end of Summer. I haven’t touched PvE since. *shivers. I also had lots of help from the amazing guild I was in at the time. <3

Anyways, If you can’t meet the requirements you don’t want the stupid pixels bad enough.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I had considered something similar, but since I started playing ANet has done a few things to really kitten me off and I just can’t bring myself to spend more “real” money. I enjoy the game and support it and my guild through playing, but will not sink more money in to it.

I did that with anything RNG related. I got burned not once but twice on RNG gem purchases and now I will never purchase anything from the gem store that even remotely involves RNG. Skins, heck yes.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Varu.1063

Varu.1063

Guess I am lucky, I don`t like any of the legendary skins except the hammer, but until I can recreate my bunny thumper I really don`t care.

Exalted [CoAW]
SFR

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

Yea 2500g is ok but 2700g is not ok . Why keep rising it ? It’s ridiculous , its going to be 4000g in a month then .

It keeps getting “raised” due to supply and demand, as has been pointed out. Basic economics. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it, that simple.

Part of the problem is where ANet allows players to buy in game gold with real money. Granted, this is not the only way new money is injected in to the game. In game vendors pay out from a seemingly unlimited pool of money, that I like to think is funded by salvage kits and harvesting tools. While inflation will occur naturally over time as an economy matures, allowing unlimited money to be injected in to the economy is damaging and causes runaway inflation. Without the gem to gold conversion, the price of high end items would not be as high as they are at least not nearly so quickly.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yea 2500g is ok but 2700g is not ok . Why keep rising it ? It’s ridiculous , its going to be 4000g in a month then .

It keeps getting “raised” due to supply and demand, as has been pointed out. Basic economics. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it, that simple.

Part of the problem is where ANet allows players to buy in game gold with real money. Granted, this is not the only way new money is injected in to the game. In game vendors pay out from a seemingly unlimited pool of money, that I like to think is funded by salvage kits and harvesting tools. While inflation will occur naturally over time as an economy matures, allowing unlimited money to be injected in to the economy is damaging and causes runaway inflation. Without the gem to gold conversion, the price of high end items would not be as high as they are at least not nearly so quickly.

Just a comment on gems causing unlimited money to be injected into the system.

Buying gems doesn’t generate gold. When a person buys gems that money goes into ANet’s pockets. ANet gives the buyer gems in exchange. The gems then are sold to players in exchange for their gold. No new gold is generated. The gold from selling gems is transferred from one players bank to another’s. There is no money injected into the system, much less unlimited money.

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Your also paying for the work put into it.

Then again legendaries probably should have been account bound from the get go.

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

You want what they have. They have made an offer. If you feel like this offer is not advantageous to you, then do not accept it. Rather, get it yourself. To complain about “greediness” is pure hypocrisy- you don’t want to give them gold.