28/7 EU 8 servers whent Full!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lorrainder.6053

Lorrainder.6053

So yea new system made a change… Today there was only Desolation on full status and some minutes ago afther new patch 8 servers whent to full :P Ok thats good maybe. For ppl like me who play on low population. Yet i think that there is a big diference in some of the servers that show medium.
The question is will it be a good idea to create a low status and the cost for it be 250gems or 0 till it get meduim mby. Or it might not help the servers that show low coss ppl gona consider em dead servers?

Create Low status?

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

“The “Full” threshold is slightly different than the other ones because it doesn’t have an upper limit. So some servers can be just slightly above the threshold and marked “Full”, and some other servers might be well over it, and also marked “Full”, even though their populations aren’t really balanced.

The intent is that since you can’t join or transfer to a “Full” server, their populations are going to diminish over time, until eventually they reach “Very High” again. At this point, all “Full” servers are going to be balanced. This won’t be right away, though, since we’re not kicking anyone out of their servers."

Source

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

“28/7 EU 8 servers whent Full!”

On the plus side: Most EU servers were “very high” before this patch, even those who are now medium. And that is a difference. So maybe some guilds give these servers a shot and transfer there. Or: Guilds that wanted to leave will stay as the servers they wanted to go to are full.
We don’t know how long these servers will be locked, maybe anet doesn’t know themselves, but for now nothing has really changed, except that lower tier servers have got a better chance of “new” members.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

What I don’t understand is why its not free to transfer to Low servers.
Seems like it would encourage people spreading out.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Maybe because they had no means to measure it yet.
It was probably queue bound, so those servers that have a queue on each map every day went full, those who have got queues on 1 or 2 maps to very high, those who’ve got 1 queue once a week to high and there’s not much less than once a week.
Also free transfers rarely did any good.
Lets wait and see how everything turns out. This is no quick fix and can’t be but at least something has been done.

Edit: For those who don’t know what kitten queues I mean: WvW.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

They have done this in the past just prior to a new WvW season starting (they also gave a discount to MEDIUM pop and jacked up the price for HIGH pop ones). It does make sense that they do this on some semi-regular basis despite any official season schedule.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

28 out of 7 EU servers are full?! That’s really full!

Posted by: interloper.6892

interloper.6892

8 out of 27 EU servers are full. And curiously enough, 7 of them aren’t called Seafarer’s Rest.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So yea new system made a change… Today there was only Desolation on full status and some minutes ago afther new patch 8 servers whent to full :P Ok thats good maybe. For ppl like me who play on low population. Yet i think that there is a big diference in some of the servers that show medium.
The question is will it be a good idea to create a low status and the cost for it be 250gems or 0 till it get meduim mby. Or it might not help the servers that show low coss ppl gona consider em dead servers?

Create Low status?

If i remember it right, there is a low status. I do dimly remember seeing it at the very beginning of the game. It’s just that server caps (remember, Anet can set caps separately for every server) are adjusted so that nowadays “low” is never shown. Most likely for the reason you have already stated – people might assume that a “low” population server is dying, while “medium” doesn’t give that vibe, and yet still sends out a message that there’s a free space you can transfer to.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Server population does not change that much, it’s the monkeys at anet pushing random buttons that govern the server population indicators.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

28 out of 7 EU servers are full?! That’s really full!

Yeah not everyone lives in the US where we oddly put month before day. 28/7 is July 28th. Nothing to do with servers.