300 gold for Mystic Forge Precursor Gambling?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

With a drop rate of 0,7% you have a 83% chance to get the precursor (using rares of 30s).

Pretty high chance, but its a lot of money and the chance of gettin zip is still too high…

Pretty sure the 0.7% is for dropping EXOTICS (not rares)….rares are 1/5th that (you have to get an exotic (1 in 5) from the rares to even have a chance of a precursor).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Only gamble dungeon tokens, not gold. Dungeon Tokens → Exotic Dungeon Weapons → Forge ’em up.

If you want more gambling you could just do world bosses and any rares you pick up toss ‘em in instead of selling them or deconstructing them. Loose about 1 gold per set of 4 rares vs selling but it’s better than wasting the gold already in your wallet.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Um, you can’t craft precursors. So not sure what your point is.

Mystic forge crafting or gambling or what ever you want to call it, seriously?

It’s not crafting, they’re still random. You aren’t making a specific item, you can’t. So it’s no different than a drop.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Um, you can’t craft precursors. So not sure what your point is.

Mystic forge crafting or gambling or what ever you want to call it, seriously?

It’s not crafting, they’re still random. You aren’t making a specific item, you can’t. So it’s no different than a drop.

Wich has NOTHING to do with my argument. Okay exchange every time I wrote crafting with gambling in my original text.

Yes you are making a specific item. At least a specific weapon type (4 rare greatswords = 1 rare/exotic greatsword). That is all that matter for mystic forge gambling and my argument. Sheesh, some people…