Flytrap.8075

Its a good change, 300 isn’t much

Thanks Mr. Moneybags.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

300 gold for a tag color is too much

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

If you can;t afford it as a commander, you probably don;t deserve it.

In some guilds you even get it for free as long as they think you deserve it.

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Its account bound. Your getting a 60% discount from the current price of the commander tag. If you have more than 5 toons, than your saving even more.

Stop your whining, your getting a discount.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

It’s not too much, it’s a very low amount.
300g is nothing now, because of the inflation/devaluation.(result of constant farming/lack of gold sinks)
300g is just the old 100g.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

If 300g is nothing now, then anyone that thinks so can send me 300g now. After all, it’s a very low amount, so you won’t miss it.

So, if everyone puts their money where their mouth is, I should be expecting several thousand gold in my mail in a few minutes.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

If 300g is nothing now, then anyone that thinks so can send me 300g now. After all, it’s a very low amount, so you won’t miss it.

So, if everyone puts their money where their mouth is, I should be expecting several thousand gold in my mail in a few minutes.

stop begging – not our fault you are poor

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Expecting people’s actions to follow their words is close to, if not a form of, delusion.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

So, we have to send you free gold because it’s easy to obtain ? Nice logic.
Make your own gold, I’m not saying it’s free, but it’s like paying 100g for a commander tag 1 year ago.
Everything has double or triple price now because of inflation, and this will be a good gold sink for the market.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

So, we have to send you free gold because it’s easy to obtain ? Nice logic.
Make your own gold, I’m not saying it’s free, but it’s like paying 100g for a commander tag 1 year ago.
Everything has double or triple price now because of inflation, and this will be a good gold sink for the market.

This is not a good gold sink. Anet has even said a gold sink that only applys to specific people and is a gate is not a good gold sink. This does both. And it limits functionality.

I do notice that the wealth distribution across playtypes comes into play here, as well as the understanding of what this is for.

Heres the real deal, in order for colors to be an effective tool for WvW, or large scale PVE, commanders would need to be able to pick their colors according to the situation, in order to do that with a 300 gold PER COLOR system, you would need to spend at least 900 gold, and as much as 1500 gold.

If it was 300 g, and its purpose was just to pick a color you like, it would be fine, but its purpose is to be able to select a color to better organize large scale events. which puts the price tag at 900-1500 g

Also recognize that you dont make the same money in WvW that you do in pve, and no where close to what you make farming.

I suppose with this wealth gap across playtypes, the best solution would be to have an alternate means of getting the colors, say some WvW rank, and badges of honor. Then the PVE method can be 300 gold per color, since apparently thats a good number for you guys.

Posted by: Acinonyx Rex.8609

Acinonyx Rex.8609

The Goldsink is not the commander tag, it’s the announcement.
How many people buy the commander tag usually ? 2% of players ? maybe less….
With this weird announcement, how many players will buy the 100G tag just in case they would need it one day ? How many players will buy more tags to have a refund and select color at discount prices ?
Hard to estimate but i think many people will buy a tag before the 9/9, maybe 20 or 25% ? That’s a huge Goldsink !
I’m pretty confident we will see more ways to gain thoses colours. IMHO, that would made a way more logic rewards for PvP/WvW tournament rather than an exclusive armor.

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

A lot of you are missing the point. The WvW community asked for colored tags 8 months ago so players could be organized better.

WvW suffers from massive zerging right now, it’s a constant problem in the higher tiers.

Colored tags will promote less zergy tactics, help counter zergs and make the game more organized in the end.

So what happens if two or three commanders don’t have a colored tag? I guess someone has to be forced to “tag down” and we revert to zerging again.

Zergs provide little tactics. They make every encounter in the game a joke and it’s pretty boring.

Why charge players for a utility item that will help fix one of the largest issues in WvW and PvE right now?

Why charge a select few who try to organize groups? Not everyone commands, it’s not always easy and it takes dedication and time to get people to listen.

Colored tags would make life easier for commanders, It’s a quality of life change the game desperately needed but charging players for it is an absolute joke.

If you still don’t get it try WvWing for a week straight on a Bordetland map, don’t do anything ells for that entire week and tell me how fun the zergfest is. 20+ zerg groups flipping camps? That could have been avoided with a dedicated havoc tag.

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

well, 300g is a lot but you should consider it’s ACCOUNT bound, it means you can have all your -say- 15 characters tag up whenever you want, while with the current system you would’ve spent 1500 gold to obtain the same exact result.

This said, I would’ve preferred the ability to select the color on the fly, instead of being bound to what I buy forever (something with a color picker, or a certain range of colors).

Most important thing
I am completely against the concept of standardizing Commander’s tags (spend gold, it is available in all game formats). This is bad.
When we faced the discussion in the CDI about this topic, many of us openly stated that it was necessary to have a distinction between the game modes in order for the tag to be meaningful and to avoid beginners to negatively impact the gaming experience of other players.
Speaking from the WvW side, instead of gold (which no WvW loyal player is gonna stack up anyway), what about making it a mix of badges + wvw ranks (especially now that they are account bound, they are a good measure of the time you spend in wvw and – hopefully – they show that you somehow know what to do) + maybe karma and or skill points.

Bread.7516

Because I don’t know you and it would not benefit my immediate circle of people with whom I socialize with; neither are you a charity case.

If this concept is hard to grasp then…lol

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

My suggestion is that the first color you buy costs 300 (to keep the unserious people out) and after that let it cost less so the organizing part doesn’t suffer.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I’m sorry that so many of you failed to grasp the evident sarcasm in my comment whilst making a very valid point.

I don’t need the money and wasn’t begging. But for many wvw players who might aspire to becoming commanders, 300g would literally take months to make, or even longer if they are from a small guild and are funding their own siege too.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Tips to saving yourself 300 gold:

1) adjust your color scheme on your monitor to display red in place of blue (same can be done with other colors).

2) purchase cheap colored cellophane off ebay and tape it to the center of your monitor (disclaimer: may require some manual dexterity to keep the tag under it)

Seriously does ANet think that the color change is worth the added cost without added abilities? Where is the ability to only have the tag shown to squad? Where is the ability to only show tag to guildies? Without these changes I know our guild will still just target our commander as we have always done with the red target icon so as to not attract militia while we are doing our WvW training.

Didn’t know what I was expecting for WvW though with their track history, but now I’m sure pushing the e-sport aspect is their only agenda.

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Commander should cost 100g and COLORS shouldn’t ever cost more than 1 or 2 gold. It’s FOR WvW… it should cost badges which is the real drop there. Stupid to think they expect pvp players to go farm dungeons for a pvp feature?

Or maybe they just want everyone to buy features by trading gems for gold.

It makes no sense at all.

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

WvW players are ok, some can actually turn a profit off it. WvW commanders are an entirely different story, every single defended tower takes at least 40 silver to bring down, and gives what… 3 silver to the commander?

And this change doesn’t hit the players, but the commanders.

There are also people who care about camps, towers and keeps. A fully upgraded tower costs more than one gold, it’s siege, upgraded camps (which can be a lot if they’re flipped all the time) and the upgrades itself. A fully upgraded keep is about 3? gold? And since the people upgrading it also have to care about it they can’t run with the zerg thus they won’t rank up that fast (no rank chests), they won’t get the loot (no rares or exotics or other stuff to sell). So yes, commanders have it bad, those who care for the PPT have it worse. Just wanted to point that out.

Bread.7516

But for many wvw players who might aspire to becoming commanders, 300g would literally take months to make, or even longer if they are from a small guild and are funding their own siege too.

It’s not much for sarcasm if the point is aligned to the comment.

Worthy commanders should have no trouble with 300g surplus in their pocket.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Storm Blacklion.6435

Storm Blacklion.6435

Here is gold sink suggestion for anet . Tie commander tag to current dye system we have for armor. Then you pay based on rarety of dye.. uncommon 75g, rare100g ect but first you have to unlock the color you want. So if you want black as commander tag color buy dye then pay extra 100g then we will have skittles all over the place or…. 250 commanders can gather up in one map and draw pictures.

Btw i am just kidding. It should be same price and colors come free addition to that there should be turn on/off option for people in pve and pvp who doesnt wanna see tags all the time.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I think that 300g is appropriate, but that color changing should be inherent to the new tags.

Posted by: Gellrock.4073

Gellrock.4073

I think that 300g is appropriate, but that color changing should be inherent to the new tags.

Are you a PvE player or a WvW player? 300g for PvEr’s is definitely appropriate. A few dungeon runs and some world bosses you should have 300g in a few days, maybe a week. I play WvW exclusively, I find PvE boring, and I have never had over 150g over the two years I’ve played. The constant sigil and armour changes due to WvW meta and guild meta changing, the purchases of food and stones and other buffs to help out your server, as well as the cost for upgrading camps and buying siege/upgrading siege. All of these eat away at WvWr’s gold quite fast.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

They should start acting like game developers. They will ruin gw2 with their " great ideas" …

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

I think just making a “standard” tag for the 300 gold and then making a ‘compendium upgrade’ that would allow you a select color pallet (for another 100-300g) would have been the proper way to go about this if they DO, in fact, feel the need to charge for the color changing in the first place. What if you decided to spend another 300g for a red tag for organizational purposes but then it happens that the only other Commanders on the map happened to only get the red one as well? Well, then someone’s 300g is going to waste and the system is still only 2/3 as effective of what we have been asking for for ages. I find it unacceptable that people who design a multimillion dollar game could not understand this after the players themselves hashed this all out VERY well many months ago….

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

They should start acting like game developers. They will ruin gw2 with their " great ideas" …

I’m sure its more NCsoft who is making this, and a lot of other features, something you have to pay for. Before release they announced the whole gem stuff but said it was only going to be for cosmetic items. But now we’re seeing unlimited harvesting tools, needing gems to unlock the current living story if you’re not on during the event, and needing to gems to buy increased stack sizes in your bank (with the stupidly high amount of things like bloodstone dust we get, paying for that feature is rude IMO).

They should have been something earned through actual experience.

This x100. People still think that the stupid little blue dorrito means that a person knows what they’re doing. I’ve seen 3/4 of a zerg die because they followed one right off a cliff.
I would actually love to see two different kinds of tags. Ones that can only be activated in WvW and ones that can only be activated in PvE that only your guild/squad can see. But really 95% of the PvE content doesn’t require a tag. Teq and the Worms are the only things I can think of where tags can occasionally be helpful.

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

WvW players are ok, some can actually turn a profit off it. WvW commanders are an entirely different story, every single defended tower takes at least 40 silver to bring down, and gives what… 3 silver to the commander?

And this change doesn’t hit the players, but the commanders.

There are also people who care about camps, towers and keeps. A fully upgraded tower costs more than one gold, it’s siege, upgraded camps (which can be a lot if they’re flipped all the time) and the upgrades itself. A fully upgraded keep is about 3? gold? And since the people upgrading it also have to care about it they can’t run with the zerg thus they won’t rank up that fast (no rank chests), they won’t get the loot (no rares or exotics or other stuff to sell). So yes, commanders have it bad, those who care for the PPT have it worse. Just wanted to point that out.

This is the perfect example of why your thinking is flawed. You think everyone for themselves, instead of “for the guild”. If guilds were playing less like individuals with the same goal on the field but more like… actual guilds that support each other and share stuff… but oh no, I forgot, that would make a dent in your profit :O

I’m sure its more NCsoft who is making this, and a lot of other features, something you have to pay for. Before release they announced the whole gem stuff but said it was only going to be for cosmetic items. But now we’re seeing unlimited harvesting tools, needing gems to unlock the current living story if you’re not on during the event, and needing to gems to buy increased stack sizes in your bank (with the stupidly high amount of things like bloodstone dust we get, paying for that feature is rude IMO).

For unlimited harvesting stuff to make any profit ingame you have to chop thousands of trees and stuff, it’s not visual, but also not an advantage either.
Also storage space upgrades etc were in from the start, and you complain that they expand it?

(edited by MegumiAzusa.2918)

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

For unlimited harvesting stuff to make any profit ingame you have to chop thousands of trees and stuff, it’s not visual, but also not an advantage either.
Also storage space upgrades etc were in from the start, and you complain that they expand it?

It doesn’t matter how long it would take for us to make an in-game profit, the point is that they added the tools, which aren’t cosmetic, to the gem store. And it might not be a “zomg so op” advantage but not having to buy tools again, not having to worry about how many you have left, and not running out in the middle of running around is an advantage.
As for the increased stack sizes being in the gem store since launch I don’t remember seeing the collection extender before, if it was there then my apologies but I also never meant to imply that the store didn’t have non-cosmetics day 1 (I cant remember the last time I got a black lion key outside of a story reward). I stopped playing 5-6 months ago and when i came back the extender was one of the first things i saw that i thought had been added to the gem store. But ultimately it doesn’t really change my point that the gem store is littered with non cosmetic items that was probably forced onto Anet by NCsoft just to squeeze out every penny that they can.

Posted by: synk.8762

synk.8762

not having to buy tools again, not having to worry about how many you have left, and not running out in the middle of running around is an advantage.

Convenience =/= advantage.

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Commander should cost 100g and COLORS shouldn’t ever cost more than 1 or 2 gold. It’s FOR WvW… it should cost badges which is the real drop there. Stupid to think they expect pvp players to go farm dungeons for a pvp feature?

Or maybe they just want everyone to buy features by trading gems for gold.

It makes no sense at all.

Stop acting like this stuff is only for WvW.

If anything this stuff is more for guild missions and boss events in PvE.

I play on the highest caliber WvW server, Jade Quarry. I rarely see more than 1 commander tag up, unless its JQ BL which sometimes guilds like to do there own thing.

Now when I do missions like Triple Trouble, 3 commanders tag up. When I do guild missions several more commanders tag up. When I do WvW, there’s really no reasons for more than one commander to tag up.

Everyone that plays WvW knows its zerg vs zerg, everyone knows theres spies in WvW and if commanders that are on ‘the defensive’ tag up… Spies know where there at, so its just stupid to even tag up.

So stupid your this is only WvW bickering. Stop your it should be 100g, its account bound, 300g is a discount. Be thankful its not 500g.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

not having to buy tools again, not having to worry about how many you have left, and not running out in the middle of running around is an advantage.

Saving time and currency is an advantage. Player A with permanent tools will always save more time and currency. Player B will not, and will have to compensate for the disparity.

Posted by: synk.8762

synk.8762

Saving time and currency is an advantage. Player A with permanent tools will always save more time and currency. Player B will not, and will have to compensate for the disparity.

No, it’s a convenience. If you run out of mining picks half way through a circuit, the nodes are still there when you get back. If you have to spend time rearranging your bank because there’s not enough room in collections for all your materials, you’re not out anything.

Considering the gem to gold conversion rates, the game hasn’t been out long enough to recoup the gold spent on the gems necessary to purchase the unlimited tools. They are simply a convenience, much like the Salvage Bot, in that they take less room and require no refilling. The cost is a long way off from a savings.

An advantage gives a person a better rate of success in a given situation. A convenience allows a person an easier time in a situation. Endless Tools, the Salvage Bot, and most all of the gem store items are not the former, and are very much the latter.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Are you a PvE player or a WvW player? 300g for PvEr’s is definitely appropriate. A few dungeon runs and some world bosses you should have 300g in a few days, maybe a week.

Actually, it’ll take at minimum a week to gather 300g if you run 14 dungeon paths (which is about 32g) and all the world bosses every day, which leaves very little time for anything else.

That being said, that’s rather to point: ANet wants all players to explore every game mode, which they’ve been trying to achieve by locking content behind PvP reward tracks (balthazar backpiece skin and upcoming glorious armor skin), fractals (mawdrey backpiece), PvE events (unlocking skills, which people who don’t have 300 skill scrolls stashed in the bank need to do for each new character even if they only want to do PvP/WvW), and now this pricing of new commander tags which disregards how much WvW-exclusive players can make despite it mostly being beneficial to WvW players (Triple Trouble might be an exception, but I’ve never seen any trouble in an organized event with the current tags).

While I agree with people who say ANet isn’t forcing you to do anything, the fact is they’ve been giving rather lousy options lately: do it their way, do it your (the slowest and most painful) way, or don’t do it at all.

(edited by Pandaman.4758)

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

This is the perfect example of why your thinking is flawed. You think everyone for themselves, instead of “for the guild”. If guilds were playing less like individuals with the same goal on the field but more like… actual guilds that support each other and share stuff… but oh no, I forgot, that would make a dent in your profit :O

Are you sure you mean me?
So I’m talking about what upgraded towers cost and you accuse me of thinking of profit? So it’s evident that I’m the one paying for a lot of upgrades and that I’m not in “a big guild” “which would solve everything”, still you tell me MY thinking is flawed?!
Let me tell you what – on my server which is middle tier, the small guilds pay for most of the upgrades and tower siege. And hey, I’m also sending siege to commanders if they run out of it and yes, they are in the big guilds.
So it’s basically them you should talk to, or just leave it as all I wanted to point out with my post was that upgrading stuff is what is most expensive in wvw. Maybe the guild of the one I was talking to takes care of that, that I don’t know but commanders usually don’t have the time to really run around and upgrade.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Are you sure you mean me?
So I’m talking about what upgraded towers cost and you accuse me of thinking of profit?

Nope, doesn’t make sense to me either.

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

so we came to the cunclusion that 300for the blue is overall
well expensive..
but its not too expensive its just like the old commander back then almost two years ago did cost back then when precursors didnt even cost as much…

and a lot of people want to have colours to be unlocked for like 5k badges
i thin kthe game needs some goldsinks… even if this one would be filled by those who want to help the community organize etc … however…
without compeltely going into badges why not make it :

3000badges and 150gold will give you one additional colour?
sounds reasonable doesnt it?

grifflyman.8102

Considering there’s nothing to spend badges this woukd be a coukd start…

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Charge 3000 badges for it.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Didn’t ANet admit long ago that charging gold for commander tags was a mistake in the first place? The community pointed out that a commander tag should be earned in some way that shows the commander has at least some familiarity with WvW, rather than just deep pockets. I seem to remember an ANet dev coming out and agreeing.

And yet, here they are, for sale again, with bright, shiny new colors.

Or is this memory just a fantasy of mine?

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Anet, former WvWers who left will not be back into WvW by increasing its costs….

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

grifflyman.8102

Didn’t ANet admit long ago that charging gold for commander tags was a mistake in the first place? The community pointed out that a commander tag should be earned in some way that shows the commander has at least some familiarity with WvW, rather than just deep pockets. I seem to remember an ANet dev coming out and agreeing.

And yet, here they are, for sale again, with bright, shiny new colors.

Or is this memory just a fantasy of mine?

I think your right actually, which is pretty funny. They could have easily charged badges of honor, thus increasing the amount of players in WvW.

grifflyman.8102

They’re trying to keep the tag relevant as a gold sink but the way they’re implementing it really sucks.

I’m concerned that this tactic will become more widespread. Community makes a request for some feature which should have been there all along, feature is added but A-net takes the opportunity to jack prices up to “modern day levels”.

Introducing First Person Camera Mode!! Only 500 gold!

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

This should be badges, or at least make it so that unlocking additional colors are for badges.

And to most of the above, the OP was trying to make the point that the feature should have allowed multiple colors from the start. The point of the tag was to allow people to organize, not act as who has the most coin.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Massively boneheaded move by Anet.

I can agree with the increase in price for a general tag (since it’s going to be account wide). I can’t agree with paying for features that should be “out of the box”.

Cutting off the balls of its functionality is only going to hurt those willing to step up and lead content that requires a greater degree of coordination.

If the colors are going to be locked away, have them be attainable by WvW ranks. Have the colors mean something.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i have an idea, remove the command tag and let actual experience players lead.
i know it’s hard to let someone else lead the way but if you are as good in leadership as you are in knowing how to play a necro or engi (so, not at all) then you have no right to talk important, a true leader doesn’t talk crap about one or the other just because of a build or profession, (s)he actually asks the experience and plans the strategy accordingly.

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Anet, former WvWers who left will not be back into WvW by increasing its costs….

Since when has anet actually cared about sustaining WvW? For them, its most likely just a way to get $$ from transfers by stacking servers, which, based on their last seasons, they want to encourage.

For anyone who thinks 300g isn’t much for WvW players, try running in WvW (not EotM, because thats just a champ farm…I mean actual WvW) and see how fast you get 300g. You can do it, sure..especially if you get a lucky drop, but it will take a while. Add on the fact that commanders often spend their own in game money to buy siege, upgrade, etc. Even if a whole guild chips in to help with that stuff, commanders still often spend a lot of their own money. If you go after a T3 keep, you might need many trebs, or many rams, catas, etc just to crack and OUTER wall. Then there is a long fight in inner. And, after ALL of that work (sometimes 2-3 hours of work fighting with an enemy) you finally cap the tower, get 1 champ bag, and a few silver and karma. This is what WvW people mean when there are just SO little rewards given the effort and time put in. The WvW community is bleeding guilds who are leaving the game after years of neglect…and this doesn’t exactly help.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

Since when has anet actually cared about sustaining WvW? For them, its most likely just a way to get $$ from transfers by stacking servers, which, based on their last seasons, they want to encourage.

For anyone who thinks 300g isn’t much for WvW players, try running in WvW (not EotM, because thats just a champ farm…I mean actual WvW) and see how fast you get 300g. You can do it, sure..especially if you get a lucky drop, but it will take a while. Add on the fact that commanders often spend their own in game money to buy siege, upgrade, etc. Even if a whole guild chips in to help with that stuff, commanders still often spend a lot of their own money. If you go after a T3 keep, you might need many trebs, or many rams, catas, etc just to crack and OUTER wall. Then there is a long fight in inner. And, after ALL of that work (sometimes 2-3 hours of work fighting with an enemy) you finally cap the tower, get 1 champ bag, and a few silver and karma. This is what WvW people mean when there are just SO little rewards given the effort and time put in. The WvW community is bleeding guilds who are leaving the game after years of neglect…and this doesn’t exactly help.

thank you for pointing this out. I mean, it already is expensive being a commander. If you aren’t in a big guild where a lot of people donate siege, then you have to spend your own money for siege.

edit: eotm is not part of wvw. People don’t even go there to fight each other, they go there to farm karma, and champ boxes.

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

This should be badges, or at least make it so that unlocking additional colors are for badges.

And to most of the above, the OP was trying to make the point that the feature should have allowed multiple colors from the start. The point of the tag was to allow people to organize, not act as who has the most coin.

If they wanted a money sink then they could have just offered additional optional colors or shapes ;rainbow colored tag, patchwork colored tag, crossbone shaped tag, etc; but instead they did this…

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

The colored tags are what the WvW community has been asking for but not for 300 gold a pop. The simple fact is that unless you play the EotM karma train you never make gold in WvW, if you want to make coin you are forced to go farm in PvE or EotM.

The blue badge should remain as it is, useable in PvE and WvW but the colored tags should cost badges not 300 gold. Those that have accumulated the badges through actual WvW experience would at least know the ropes in WvW versus some TP flipper.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Chiming in with my opinion.
300g for an account bound tag is totally reasonable. 300g per color is totally ridiculous.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Chiming in with my opinion.
300g for an account bound tag is totally reasonable. 300g per color is totally ridiculous.

300g is better spent on siege and food than a dorito.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.