350 hours and not BORED! Details inside.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malas.9425

Malas.9425

I call BS on the 350 hours of actual play though… Musta just left the game logged into a player or something like that. (there are programs you can get that will simulate “hits” of movement buttons every X number of minutes to keep games from auto-logging you). For 350 hours, That’s almost 16 hours of playtime a day since the game launched. Either this guy is a HS dropout living with mom and no job, or that number is fabricated in some way.

Even then, that only leaves 8 hours a day for combined sleeping and eating for the last three weeks…

Yes it is probably more of 300+ hours, I would leave the game on while I did stuff. I am unemployed however it’s a bad economy and I live in a swamp so jobs are really hard to come by. I actually live with my GF who also plays GW2. I have never ever ran a bot or macro to keep me logged in really don’t see the point. As for sleeping I sleep 3-4 hours a night I have some issues I would rather not discuss. Number is hardly fabricated and I was just trying to provide some insight on the game from someone who has played a long time.

Malas.9425

The fact that you feel the need to make a post like this just points out in neon lights that there is a huge problem.

Actually I REALLY want people to enjoy this game, but I guess that is a problem.

Posted by: Delacroix.8594

Delacroix.8594

The fact that you feel the need to make a post like this just points out in neon lights that there is a huge problem.

Actually I REALLY want people to enjoy this game, but I guess that is a problem.

Why do you care if other people enjoy it or not? Do you need other people to enjoy it in order for you to enjoy it too? If peeople start leaving, will it make the game less enjoyable to you?

Malas.9425

Why do you care if other people enjoy it or not? Do you need other people to enjoy it in order for you to enjoy it too? If peeople start leaving, will it make the game less enjoyable to you?

I think we can all agree that the better the game does the better it will be. The more amount of people the better WvW matches, you will have ease finding a group, and among nothing else it will pump money into Anet which will help expand the game. I know you are gonna say it is sub free but let’s face the facts that people do buy gems and the more people playing means more people buying gems.

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

My issue is that I was able to hit 80 after 205 hours but the rest of my friends in my guild have lives so they aren’t 80 yet so we can’t do the same dungeons together or be at the same level in WvW, or their sleeping and im fine being up at 5am bored by myself :P

There are issues with the game sure but for the most part they end up being personal issue with how you played the game and how you should have played. I’m happy with everything but the market really.

Posted by: Ubung.7423

Ubung.7423

157 hours played for me and yeah so far I like the dungeons. For me the harder the better as the rest of the game is very easy. This is the place I go to be challenged. The only problem I really have with the game is the fact that then dungeons dont have larger group sizes available alongside the 5 man. Adding 10 / 20 man versions of the current dungeons would make it a game that appeals to all mmo types.

(apart from the do all the content really quickly and leave type of people but you literally cant keep them happy)

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I call BS on the 350 hours of actual play though… Musta just left the game logged into a player or something like that. (there are programs you can get that will simulate “hits” of movement buttons every X number of minutes to keep games from auto-logging you). For 350 hours, That’s almost 16 hours of playtime a day since the game launched. Either this guy is a HS dropout living with mom and no job, or that number is fabricated in some way.

Even then, that only leaves 8 hours a day for combined sleeping and eating for the last three weeks…

Yes it is probably more of 300+ hours, I would leave the game on while I did stuff. I am unemployed however it’s a bad economy and I live in a swamp so jobs are really hard to come by. I actually live with my GF who also plays GW2. I have never ever ran a bot or macro to keep me logged in really don’t see the point. As for sleeping I sleep 3-4 hours a night I have some issues I would rather not discuss. Number is hardly fabricated and I was just trying to provide some insight on the game from someone who has played a long time.

Just checked, and for me it’s 296 hours since headstart launch, most of the time I’ve actually been doing something. I’m in a similar boat to you (semi-employed, on disability) so I have a lot of time on my hands. The 350-hour number may be exaggerated a bit, but I can affirm that I, for one, have played not much less than that figure.

Posted by: Softan.3907

Softan.3907

Valkyrie: Of course there will be repetition. They can’t put out an unlimited amount of content. We don’t have quantum computers yet. You will run out of things to do in any game. You only have yourself to blame for burning yourself out by playing 14 hours a day for 3 and a half weeks straight. I put way less time into completing deus ex human revolution three times on different difficulties with different playstyles and I payed more for that game ( I know I could have downloaded it but I payed because I love deus ex).

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

The OP posted his take on how enjoyable the game is to him, how even after 350 hours he’s not bored….and he gets ripped on. A positive post meant to inspire those QQers that whine about nothing to do in GW2 and he gets torn up for having no life and being a liar. He posted a screenshot. It even says he played that current character for 25 hours over 2 days.

I for one wish I had more time to play GW2, but am not concerned with not being 80 yet. This is a game to enjoy the scenery along the way and I’m doing just that. Trying multiple professions out, exploring for map completion, experimenting with various builds, etc. Have fun with it.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Malas.9425

The OP posted his take on how enjoyable the game is to him, how even after 350 hours he’s not bored….and he gets ripped on. A positive post meant to inspire those QQers that whine about nothing to do in GW2 and he gets torn up for having no life and being a liar. He posted a screenshot. It even says he played that current character for 25 hours over 2 days.

I for one wish I had more time to play GW2, but am not concerned with not being 80 yet. This is a game to enjoy the scenery along the way and I’m doing just that. Trying multiple professions out, exploring for map completion, experimenting with various builds, etc. Have fun with it.

It’s funny cause most of the people who "rushed’ through the game also complain they have no money and can’t buy anything in the game. I know for fact if they were to go slow about it and clear zones and take a look around it wouldn’t even be an issue for them.

P.S Thanks for having my back.