Arah Sellers

Arah Sellers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Josh.5392

Josh.5392

Hey guys, I have a question. When buying a path 2 arah from someone selling in lfg, but the quest to kill lupicus is still there, is it always an exploit? I thought that it was, that they must have gone underwater and skipped him using an exploit. Some random recently showed me how to skip lupicus using the jumping puzzle in arah though and, tbh, this doesn’t seem like an exploit to me. If there is a jumping puzzle that enables you to skip lupicus in arah, that seems legitimate. Opinions?

Arah Sellers

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

It’s a scam, don’t send your money.

Arah Sellers

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Skipping is exploiting. Exploiting is illegal.

Buying a path that’s exploited is legal, the player who sells is being illegal.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Arah Sellers

Posted by: Josh.5392

Josh.5392

How is skipping illegal? There are plenty of bosses that people skip in this game and it’s never considered an exploit. Korga, Lord of the Gorillas, Kholer, etc. In those situations, you still get rewards, but that’s never considered an exploit. I understand why some people might not like skips, but that’s different. It’s not an exploit simply because it’s a skip. That doesn’t seem a good enough reason to me.

Arah Sellers

Posted by: Yonarq.1072

Yonarq.1072

Skip bosses is an exploit and of course skip Lupicus is an exploit no matter how (he is even a part of the dungeon story lines). Only a few optional bosses like kholer are designed to be skipped in a legit way.

As a legit Arah seller myself, I recomend everyone to report exploiter sellers. Because players like that are the reason why the rest of us look like exploiters or non legit players.

(edited by Yonarq.1072)

Arah Sellers

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

Exploiting is illegal.

QFT. Not sure about skipping in general being an exploit. I think it depends on how the mob is skipped. For instance, breaking out of the map to swim beneath lupi would be an exploit as far I’m concerned.

I’m willing to believe most Arah sellers are doing legit runs though. I know people who solo/duo Arah without intending to sell it, so I assume most path sellers are using similar strategies.

Arah Sellers

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Many Arah sellers are doing legit runs. They are quick and efficient at solo Arah play.

If you see people selling without Lupi killed, it is and exploit as they left the map in order to skip around the boss. This is not like skipping Kholer as a Kholer skip is performed well within the boundaries of the map. This is not like skipping mobs with stealth. These are all within the boundaries of the map and performed using class mechanics in a clever way.

Skipping Lupi requires leaving the playable area of the map and is an exploit. Please report people who do this. They put a bad name to dungeon selling for the otherwise ignorant.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Arah Sellers

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

How is skipping illegal? There are plenty of bosses that people skip in this game and it’s never considered an exploit. Korga, Lord of the Gorillas, Kholer, etc. In those situations, you still get rewards, but that’s never considered an exploit. I understand why some people might not like skips, but that’s different. It’s not an exploit simply because it’s a skip. That doesn’t seem a good enough reason to me.

Some bosses are skippable without exploits. Some bosses are not skippable without exploits.

Lupi is only skippable if you exploit. So it’s used as a way to tell if an Arah run is legit or not.

Arah Sellers

Posted by: storm officer.1028

storm officer.1028

What if the run is free? do you report then?

Arah Sellers

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

What if the run is free? do you report then?

Yes, in my opinion. If they’ve obviously skipped past Lupi, then they did an exploit and should be reported.

Arah Sellers

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

I would love to learn how to do the legitimate solo. Tried doing path two with a full group and we kept getting stomped on the last turn before you get away from the spiders/aboms and into the undead again. Was able, however to sneak past most of it alone on my thief, just to see what was going on, and how far we actually had to go. Anybody have an up-to-date guide to this?

Arah Sellers

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I would love to learn how to do the legitimate solo. Tried doing path two with a full group and we kept getting stomped on the last turn before you get away from the spiders/aboms and into the undead again. Was able, however to sneak past most of it alone on my thief, just to see what was going on, and how far we actually had to go. Anybody have an up-to-date guide to this?

http://youtu.be/JUdzLYaM7tw?t=14m

When he says “No SR” that’s about where you’d drop SR for a safer run. You’ll see he uses Smokescreen initially, then drops a blinding powder as it’s about to wear off. Then they run around the ship and dodge the aboms/techs there. If you don’t get incredibly lucky RNG like they did on that run you can drop black powder and blast it a few times to keep your stealth going. When you get to that corner they stop at you Blast your Smokscreen again, run through, SR when it’s about to drop before that choke and yeah pretty much home free. You see the wall in that room you can stealth behind that again if you need to (sometimes there are things pathing through).

If that doesn’t help feel free to hit me up sometimes if you’re NA, I can’t solo alphard yet but it’s a pretty easy path, esp with a full group.

Arah Sellers

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Hey guys, I have a question. When buying a path 2 arah from someone selling in lfg, but the quest to kill lupicus is still there, is it always an exploit? I thought that it was, that they must have gone underwater and skipped him using an exploit. Some random recently showed me how to skip lupicus using the jumping puzzle in arah though and, tbh, this doesn’t seem like an exploit to me. If there is a jumping puzzle that enables you to skip lupicus in arah, that seems legitimate. Opinions?

THink about this.

Going underwater is basically avoiding barriers they’ve set up in the game, right? That’s why it’s wrong.

Bosses and major events are the same thing, you’re supposed to kill them. Now there are optional events in some dungeons. There are bosses you can simply run past. But, Lupi is not one of those, the only ways to avoid him is through complicated jumping puzzles that are pretty clearly not intended, and even then you still see on the event window that it wants you to kill him.

So I ask you, why is going under the water not ok if skipping clearly intended barriers in Bosses ok?

I’m all for trash skipping JP, though they’ve made a pretty firm stance with their changes that they aren’t intended. I remember the old flower skip in TA I thought it was cool that they’d put a JP option in to avoid that long trash run. But, then they nerfed it. Wouldn’t that say to you that they don’t approve of it?

There are some other JP in Arah that I think are fine, though I wouldn’t argue if someone said they aren’t. In P3 you can do a JP to get to the Magecrusher. In P4 you can do a JP to get to the last boss from Simin. Just to name 2 pretty common ones. But each of these don’t skip bosses, and I think that’s the key when your deciding if it’s “ok” or an exploit. Again, you could still argue they are exploits, but they aren’t that big of a deal IMO.

Arah Sellers

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

As a general rule of thumb. Look at it this way.

Is your progress blocked through normal routes if x boss is not killed?

Kohler in AC ? No. You can still walk right on past and all the doors will be open.
Lord of the Orrian Gorillas in Arah – No. you can just as well walk on by.

Lupi? The doors are closed until you kill him – clearly the developers intended for us to stay – fight and kill him.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”