Are the new weapon skins seriously 2 tickets?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Why are people pretending they are normal price on the TP, they are also doubled the price there… A lot of the skins on release sell for 35g – 80g. Now they are selling for 100g – 150g

Not only people using tickets are having to deal with them doubling the starting price for BLC skins.

I wish it wasn’t, but I haven’t been able to play the new episode, cause of frustration over this change. I don’t want to invest my time to watch them double my costs each new release, slowly pulling more money from us.

I’m not sure to be proud of this or sad, but I’ve probably spent close to 1k$ on this game since release. I love this game, and I’ll spend tons of money. If they want more money, come out with something new, and I’ll decide if it’s worth the price. This is a standard release that comes every few months and it’s now twice as expensive.

Bleh, enjoying Vindictus and new season of Diablo in the mean time. Those games cost me nothing, cause I don’t feel motivated to invest. Gw2 is a great game, don’t add frustrations like this please.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

First, TP prices are subject to the same supply and demand laws as anything else on the TP. That is less popular skins or skins in high supply will have a lower price. Also supply for these skins are also based on how long they have been available for purchase, if they still are available in the Vault, if they had returned recently to the Vault, if they are part of the BLC rare and ultra-rare pool, etc.

For instance Aetherized Weapon Skins are one the oldest BLT skins in the game, introduced during LWS1 in 2013. They range in sell price on the TP from 139 to 18 gold depending on the skin. However before HoT the prices were considerably higher simply because nobody was offering to sell any that they had coupled with not being able to buy them anymore, until new Lion’s Arch opened with the Vaults.

And yes, players selling them will initially take into account the ticket cost when pricing them. But BL Weapon Skins were always a suckers game IF you had to buy your keys. It’s always been roughly 25 keys per “ticket” and 2100 gems for a 25 keys can be exchanged for, at the time of writing this, around 418 gold. That’s for one ticket. So a two ticket skin for under 200 gold is a flippin steal.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

At least the 2 tix price is on a skin I don’t like in the least. Interesting but… ugh.

Posted by: TheToxicFox.8710

TheToxicFox.8710

Fortunately I don’t care about the skins so I will not be purchasing them but I am really disappointed because my friend is interested and he is furious the prices are 2 tickets.

Posted by: TheToxicFox.8710

TheToxicFox.8710

Fortunately I don’t care about the skins so I will not be purchasing them but I am really disappointed because my friend is interested and he is furious the prices are 2 tickets.