Auric Chests - Worthy? o-o

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cerberouse.7680

cerberouse.7680

So if you have the expansion, you’ll know about the Auric Basin, an awesome area with an interesting and rewarding loot filled meta-event. When the event ends players are allowed to go beneath the city and open a series of chests which give fancy items, Auric Crafting Materials and gems (occasionally). I’m wondering if these chests are capable of dropping Exotics or, even more importantly, Precursors? I get the feeling the answer is no as you get some 15-20 chests after completing the event, but i feel it’s worth asking regardless

Posted by: Neyensb.2581

Neyensb.2581

I can for a fact tell you that I got a precursor from down there, SPARK!
Not from the chests themselves but from a exotic champ bag that came from one of these chests.

I also only open Great or Grand chests, more value for my keys.

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

There are huge chests down there. You got to get them all ^^

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I think it’s stupid that only the great and grand chests are worth opening. Anet might as well just remove the mediocre normal chests – they’re not worth opening.

Also, despite having exalted purification (4th mastery of 5), and being able to access the tarnished traitor daily, I was extremely let down that it only gives a rare and few blues or greens. Why would I even bother?

Seriously lacks decent rewards…

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

Yesterday our map completed the meta and after my awards popped up my game crashed, then I logged back into a map where the meta was going on still and completely failing. First time my game has crashed in months. Sad panda.

Posted by: Derigar.7810

Derigar.7810

I did get an exotic from it, and quite a few rares! Definitely worth it, the buzz you get from opening the chest is amazing and addictive.