Balthazar's Regalia 'Helmetless' Plea

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lyndis.2584

Lyndis.2584

Dear Anet -

I’ve been playing this game for 2+ years now, and I’ve gotta say this armor set is some of the coolest stuff you’ve put out by far. However, I didn’t go through character creation just to cover up my face! The helmet is nice too, but I’d much rather go helmetless – and I think many people agree that it looks just way too awkward that way.

Is there any way this could get fixed just to include the neck?

:C

Edit : I guess I didn’t state it clearly – I meant a fix to the look of the outfit AFTER disabling helmets. It looks like you’ve got a floating, disjointed head that looks really awkward.

.:: FaTe ~ [SoS] ::.

(edited by Lyndis.2584)

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

You’ve been playing for 2 years and you don’t know that if you hide your armor headpiece the outfit headpiece also gets hidden? Ok.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Yeah like Aktium said, if you hide your helmet, when you put the outfit back on the helmet will disappear. That’s what I’ve been using when I wear the Raiment of the Lich or the Imperial outfit.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Lyndis.2584

Lyndis.2584

Yeah like Aktium said, if you hide your helmet, when you put the outfit back on the helmet will disappear. That’s what I’ve been using when I wear the Raiment of the Lich or the Imperial outfit.

Sorry, I guess the prompt was stated poorly. I was asking Anet for a fix to the LOOK of the helmetless option – it looks too awkward. I do indeed know disabling helmets in equipment removes helmets from outfits, it’s just that the helmetless look on this armor look a bit ‘off’.

.:: FaTe ~ [SoS] ::.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

maybe hes never bought an outfit before

but yeah you can hide it easily

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Here this will help on understanding what op is talking about.

Attachments:

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Sorry, I guess the prompt was stated poorly. I was asking Anet for a fix to the LOOK of the helmetless option – it looks too awkward. I do indeed know disabling helmets in equipment removes helmets from outfits, it’s just that the helmetless look on this armor look a bit ‘off’.

Can you post a pic of it?

Edit: nvm, Kronos sniped me. Thanks.

Eugh yeah that looks comedic with how…bad it is.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

You can hide the helmet but it looks… strange with this outfit. Is what he is getting at. =)

Posted by: Eudaemons.1596

Eudaemons.1596

Lyndis is talking about how the outfit looks terrible without the helmet. The lava is swallowing your head.

An easy fix would be to make the 4th dye channel that isn’t being used to dye the lava. If you can dye the lava a metallic color or Abyss, it would just look like it’s part of the armor. Another fix would be to change the shape of the lava a bit so it doesn’t come up to the chin of humans/sylvari/norn. It’s a problem for both genders on humanoid races, regardless of body type.

Attachments:

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Lyndis is talking about how the outfit looks terrible without the helmet. The lava is swallowing your head.

An easy fix would be to make the 4th dye channel that isn’t being used to dye the lava. If you can dye the lava a metallic color or Abyss, it would just look like it’s part of the armor. Another fix would be to change the shape of the lava a bit so it doesn’t come up to the chin of humans/sylvari/norn. It’s a problem for both genders on humanoid races, regardless of body type.

Oh wow, that picture has me laughing! I think it’s so funny that I actually hope this doesn’t change.

Posted by: Anatolious.8539

Anatolious.8539

Yes, please fix it so that our characters have necks, it just looks weird right now.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

kitten you guys are all banshee’s now, dont spin to fast your head will fall off =)

Posted by: Eudaemons.1596

Eudaemons.1596

Oh wow, that picture has me laughing! I think it’s so funny that I actually hope this doesn’t change.

But…this is like the next best thing to getting male Phalanx armor on female characters.

I paid good money to customize my character’s head, so I want to show it off!

Posted by: PureWasabi.1670

PureWasabi.1670

WAS thinking about investing in this outfit, but after seeing this post I will be saving my gems.

Posted by: Stormclaw.5031

Stormclaw.5031

Sadly it looks a little odd with without the helmet. The red/molten area just ends without any metallic frame around it, so it looks like your face is just floating on a bowl of orange.

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

I support this change, give us our necks back anet!

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Wait for once something looks nicer on charr character than on human.
What’s happening ? O_o

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

Just do bobblehead.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yeah the head floating in red stuff ruins the helmetless look.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I just bought it today and 100% support this. I want the helmless look but please, please fix the floating head.

Can we just have a bit of neck!?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Tacit Ronin.2097

Tacit Ronin.2097

While I support the OP’s dilemma (and can we add the fire colour to the 4th channel while we’re at it please? ) I do think it’s funny that for a suit based on a human god, it not only looks better on a charr, but charr are also the only race that can wear it helmetless and not look ridiculous.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

While they’re at it they can fix the charr weapon issue with the outfit too.

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

you all DO realize that the red lave is PART of the armor and acts partily as chainmail like under garment. its like a very thick turtle neck. also it has some cool implications:
the armor is amgic in nature and you control it from somepocket dimension and when you put the heltmet off your head peaks out of this dimension created and held by the lava body.

like this fellow orc from the other MMO
http://wac.7725.edgecastcdn.net/807725/website/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/blackhand.jpg

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

I made a somewhat similar plea to have the 4th dye slot which atm does nothing be used to alter the glow color. I think if it was something other than that almost neon orange it may look better, even helmetless :/ Hopefully they do something it’s by far my favorite outfit but the orange is hard to match dye wise or weapon wise…Heirloom isnt too bad with it, and blacks

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Floating faces – the new trend in 2015.
But seriously, remove the lava-neck please.