Basket Brawl !

Basket Brawl !

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Damien Vryce.8074

Damien Vryce.8074

Finally I can slam dunk with my Asura ! Great idea to have this game in GW2.

My only trouble and request to Anet is….please, since it’s really difficult to sees who is holding the ball….any chance to have any mark on the person with the ball?

Thanks again for this nice game :-)

Basket Brawl !

Posted by: Sakri.7234

Sakri.7234

Are there no rewards? Not even achis? Why can’t I play with a pre-made team?

Basket Brawl !

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

You can never play activities with friends, biggest shame about the game since launch tbh.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Basket Brawl !

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

Another bug/anomaly/annoyance: the court and minimap show the teams as green and yellow but the UI is red and blue. This made my first match completely confusing and subsequent matches harder to keep track of.

I suggest swapping everything (including arena details) to be the GW2 standard red/blue teams. “Home” team can be white outfits with blue details (blue team), other team can be red with white details (red team). Keep it consistent with the rest of the game. Color coding the hoops might help as well.

Also, how is dunking supposed to work? I seems overly fiddly right now.

This also feels like an activity built for action cam but there’s no real aiming required for shooting. Moving jump to skill 3 (or just default make spacebar jump higher) and shoot/pass/throw to skill 1 (LMB in action cam) could make the game more responsive and raise the skill ceiling.

OH, also the activity needs to remove Guardian’s passive aegis. Being able to block a steal isn’t fair to the other classes.

Basket Brawl !

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I just tried it for the first time. I started one on one, then the other team got a second player. I got my team to 8 points (other side was at 5) solo, then the teams filled and I don’t think we ever got another point.

The dunking seemed to work best if the basket was dead ahead of my line of running, and super best if I hit 1 to jump first and then hit 3 to shoot during the jump. I made mid-court 3-pointers a couple of times like that. I only got the 5 skill to work once, I had to be belly to belly with another player and then 5 knocked him back and I got a white text Good Defense! popup.

I found it a fairly relaxing activity — would have liked a way to pass to a team mate, but when I targeted my first buddy and hit 3 the ball just soared away. My main problem is that I’m used to 25% run speed buffs and I felt like I was running in tar any time I couldn’t use the 4 skill.

Basket Brawl !

Chrury.4627

would have liked a way to pass to a team mate, but when I targeted my first buddy and hit 3 the ball just soared away.

Unlike Keg-Brawl where 1 and 2 are different types of throw and both can pass or shoot; Basket-Brawl’s 3 will always throw towards the basket. Skill 2 is the designated pass and works as you think it should. (select teammate, hit 2, pass).

Not your fault. Like most activities, there is very little tutorializing.

Basket Brawl !

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ah, I thought 2 was to swipe it from opponents, I didn’t realize it was dual purpose.

Basket Brawl !

Chrury.4627

Ah, I thought 2 was to swipe it from opponents, I didn’t realize it was dual purpose.

That points out another idea.
It would help if the skills swapped out for different icons when you got the ball. Ya know, like the skills in Keg-Brawl and Crabtoss.

Basket Brawl !

Posted by: Phillip.9318

Phillip.9318

I find it kinda redundant since we already have Keg-Brawl and Crab toss that has the same game play aspects. It also ends up as just playing basket ball as your gw2 character, not really anything unique or even gw2 themed.
I will try it out some more but the first few minutes of game play already had me bored and wanting to leave.