Buy The Living World Season 2 Complete Pack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

So if they have a bug preventing people from completing the diving achievement, they should not sell the game?

Hyperbole much? Now your just arguing extremes.

Furthermore for someone who feigns disinterest you sure are giving us a bunch of walls of text.

Why are you so upset?

The purpose of the diving one was to show how small they are compared to what was released.

What a poor example.

SoPP: i disagree with you,

((Sony and many other companies was sued for doing exactly that: there is a Law against this practice))

I will defend you Ayrilana:

" So if they have a bug preventing people from completing the diving achievement, they should not sell the game ?"

I agree with you. Example: it is like buying a plan ticket and the plane do not complete the destination because something is wrong with destination. It is common sense: very simple example. Why would you buy a plane ticket without a complete destination? Why would you buy anything and than have benefit take away from you because it is not complete? How would you feel if that happen to you after you buy something and the store say, “hey, you will not get full benefit of it until it is fix”? Serious! how would you feel?

Another example:

You purchase a new car and notice some problems with it: you check in to the auto car dealership where you purchase car and tell them what is wrong. The car dealership tell you they already know there is something wrong with the car: how would you feel? The care dealership continue and tell you that it the problem is not with the whole car but with some part in the car? How would you feel after that? Would you feel dishonest treatment?

Half A Truth Is A Whole Lie

" The purpose of the diving one was to show how small they are compared to what was released"

This is your opinion and should be respected.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Not really a hyperbole as it’s affect on the overall game is relatively the same as the mote bugs on the season.

Please, don’t kid yourself.

It’s a poor example, it’s not proportional at all.

If you don’t understand how the missing mote fundamentally breaks a COMBINATION of different achievements and progression aspects compared to being unable to dive then you obviously have no idea.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

She never said it got pulled because it the mote bug.

the implication is that even if it wasnt the mote bug, the mote bug would constitute a reason to pull it on its own.

Its a known issue
it causes the content not to work as intended.

Not really. It’s just a single achievement. The vast 99% of the season is working as intended.

when they are sold seperate, its not a big issue, when they are sold together it is a big issue for the product.

Lets say you go to a movie, and 4 minutes at the end blanks out.
that is grounds for a refund of the full movie.
yes, i know this because it has happened.

the fact that it may only be 1/20th of the movie missing is irrelevant. The product as a whole is not functional with that 1/20th missing.

So if they have a bug preventing people from completing the diving achievement, they should not sell the game? Also, it seems that this was pulled well before the two complain threads were created.

your sense of scale is totally off.
main purpose of LS is story, and the achievement based rewards/challenges. Its actually more about the achievement based rewards/chalenges than the story, since your friends can take you on story missions.
the fact that the end reward of an entire release (1/7th) is not available is not of similar scale to the diving achievements in comparison with the whole entire game of gw2.

It’s just one single achievement. The purpose of the diving one was to show how small they are compared to what was released. You can still enjoy 99% of the season until they resolve the bug affecting the mote.

its one achievement that is required for getting the final achievement for that whole release. that makes so the whole release is considered to be broken. Very much like if you buy a lego car, and its missing one of the wheels.

that release is 1/7th of the content they are packaging together.
to use my other analogy, now its like that lego set missing a wheel is packaged in a racecar series mega pack with 7 cars.
that one wheel may only be one peice out 4000, but it blocks you from making one of the 7 cars, which makes the racecar series deal essentially broken.

the diving achievement is not the main purpose of the game. The main advantage of actually buying LS packs is to be able to complete the achievements and get the items (since you can experience the story without buying it)

and yes you can return a lego set if only one peice is missing, because it stops you from completing the lego item.

The diving achievement is not the main purpose of the game just as the story achievements are not the main purpose of the livibg story. They are optional to give players something else to do. For awhile at game launch, several of the skill points were bugged and unable to be completed. Many of these were bugged for quite some time before a fix was created. This prevented map completion was then unable to be completed and prevented people from getting their legendary weapons. Should the game not have been sold during this time? I’m sure that’s a more acceptable example than the diving achievement.

Ayrilana.1396

Not really a hyperbole as it’s affect on the overall game is relatively the same as the mote bugs on the season.

If you don’t understand how the missing mote fundamentally breaks a COMBINATION of different achievements and progression aspects compared to being unable to dive then you obviously have no idea.

You can still do 99% of the living story content for season 2.

SoPP.7034

That’s nice, what about the rest? Now your just picking and choosing along with extreme arguments.

You still have no idea.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

the implication is that even if it wasnt the mote bug, the mote bug would constitute a reason to pull it on its own.

Its a known issue

Not really. It’s just a single achievement. The vast 99% of the season is working as intended.

when they are sold seperate, its not a big issue, when they are sold together it is a big issue for the product.

the fact that it may only be 1/20th of the movie missing is irrelevant. The product as a whole is not functional with that 1/20th missing.

So if they have a bug preventing people from completing the diving achievement, they should not sell the game? Also, it seems that this was pulled well before the two complain threads were created.

main purpose of LS is story, and the achievement based rewards/challenges. Its actually more about the achievement based rewards/chalenges than the story, since your friends can take you on story missions.
the fact that the end reward of an entire release (1/7th) is not available is not of similar scale to the diving achievements in comparison with the whole entire game of gw2.

It’s just one single achievement. The purpose of the diving one was to show how small they are compared to what was released. You can still enjoy 99% of the season until they resolve the bug affecting the mote.

its one achievement that is required for getting the final achievement for that whole release. that makes so the whole release is considered to be broken. Very much like if you buy a lego car, and its missing one of the wheels.

to use my other analogy, now its like that lego set missing a wheel is packaged in a racecar series mega pack with 7 cars.
that one wheel may only be one peice out 4000, but it blocks you from making one of the 7 cars, which makes the racecar series deal essentially broken.

the diving achievement is not the main purpose of the game. The main advantage of actually buying LS packs is to be able to complete the achievements and get the items (since you can experience the story without buying it)

and yes you can return a lego set if only one peice is missing, because it stops you from completing the lego item.

The diving achievement is not the main purpose of the game just as the story achievements are not the main purpose of the livibg story. They are optional to give players something else to do. For awhile at game launch, several of the skill points were bugged and unable to be completed. Many of these were bugged for quite some time before a fix was created. This prevented map completion was then unable to be completed and prevented people from getting their legendary weapons. Should the game not have been sold during this time? I’m sure that’s a more acceptable example than the diving achievement.

that was a very big problem, and a huge issue with MASSIVE complaints. Some people got refunds on that basis. People were perfectly right to complain, perfectly right to seek refunds, For some people it was tolerable, because the game was new, but i dont think that is something they should take for granted as just being how things go. I dont think they will solve these issues until they set up public test servers, and improve their bug finding/fixing/monitoring pipeline, as well as master bug priorities.

Now, i personally never said they shouldnt sell something, i said they should make sure people are aware of the problem. The simplest means of not causing problems is not to sell till known issues are solved though.

And like i said, the main advantage to buying the LS is actually the achievements, you can experience the story without buying them, but you cannot get the achievements without buying them.

Ayrilana.1396

That’s nice, what about the rest? Now your just picking and choosing along with extreme arguments.

You still have no idea.

Actually no I am not. I stated what my point was all along. You’re just choosing to ignore it.

Ayrilana.1396

Its a known issue

that was a very big problem, and a huge issue with MASSIVE complaints. Some people got refunds on that basis. People were perfectly right to complain, perfectly right to seek refunds, For some people it was tolerable, because the game was new, but i dont think that is something they should take for granted as just being how things go. I dont think they will solve these issues until they set up public test servers, and improve their bug finding/fixing/monitoring pipeline, as well as master bug priorities.

Now, i personally never said they shouldnt sell something, i said they should make sure people are aware of the problem. The simplest means of not causing problems is not to sell till known issues are solved though.

And like i said, the main advantage to buying the LS is actually the achievements, you can experience the story without buying them, but you cannot get the achievements without buying them.

I know that you never said that they shouldn’t sell something. That argument was actually created by others who wanted to boycott and tell people not to purchase the season 2 package rather than simply inform them that an achievement was currently bugged and no time table has been given yet on when it will be fixed.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I recommend against guying this pack. There are progress-stopping bugs still in the content that make it either impossible to complete (challenge mote issue) or extremely hard to complete unless you know the workarounds (last boss last chapter).

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

How much was/will the entire pack be for those that don’t have any ep unlocked?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I recommend against guying this pack. There are progress-stopping bugs still in the content that make it either impossible to complete (challenge mote issue) or extremely hard to complete unless you know the workarounds (last boss last chapter).

I suppose reading the thread before posting is too much to ask?

There is a red post that quite clearly states that the pack is currently removed from the store due to a technical issues that needs fixing.

It is also worth mentioning that none of these bugs effects the story itself but rather just the achievements. So unless you only buy it for the achievements (and thus the armor set) there isn’t really any reason to not buy it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Posted by: Volcane Crucio.4723

Volcane Crucio.4723

Oi topicstarter. How much did they pay you again?

Posted by: Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Gaviston Hawkington.9647

Remind me. What was the price for LS1?

cannot buy LS1, it wasnt designed to be self contained.

That’s sort of my point. I find it interesting that folks are all bent about not getting a discount or having the opportunity to purchase LS2 when LS1 was free with no log-in restrictions or anything. Shouldn’t the question be why isn’t LS2 free with no strings attached??

Ayrilana.1396

How much was/will the entire pack be for those that don’t have any ep unlocked?

1280 gems?

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Remind me. What was the price for LS1?

cannot buy LS1, it wasnt designed to be self contained.

That’s sort of my point. I find it interesting that folks are all bent about not getting a discount or having the opportunity to purchase LS2 when LS1 was free with no log-in restrictions or anything. Shouldn’t the question be why isn’t LS2 free with no strings attached??

The answers would be money, money, and…money.

SoPP.7034

Actually no I am not.

Nice, you made a hat-trick.

Extreme points, selective points and now ‘because you say so’ ideals.

And at 124 tabs of posts, it’s pretty clear your happy go round in circles all day.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I suppose reading the thread before posting is too much to ask?

There is a red post that quite clearly states that the pack is currently removed from the store due to a technical issues that needs fixing.

It is also worth mentioning that none of these bugs effects the story itself but rather just the achievements. So unless you only buy it for the achievements (and thus the armor set) there isn’t really any reason to not buy it.

Perhaps you should be the one who reads more carefully. There is no place where “technical issues” means the bugs we are talking about — it could well be problems with delivering the content to buyers.

Also, if you cared to read my post about the issues before spouting out, you’d know that one of the bugs I specifically noted is a story bug.

Ayrilana.1396

Actually no I am not.

Nice, you made a hat-trick.

Extreme points, selective points and now ‘because you say so’ ideals.

And at 124 tabs of posts, it’s pretty clear your happy go round in circles all day.

So you make some personal attack on my post count that has nothing to do with this thread or what I was posting? Nice…

And they were not extremes points. The bugged achievement is only a very small part of the content. It would be extreme if it wasn’t and I used those examples. It’s not extreme if they’re on the same end of the spectrum.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I think this thread has gone far afield from the original topic.

Again, the Living World Season 2 Complete Pack will return to the Gem Store in the near future!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I wanted to update this thread to say that the previous issue was addressed and the Living World Season 2 Complete Pack is now available.

Thanks for your patience.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet