Berelious.3290

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

April Fools: Bobble Heads

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Wonder what the average age, or general maturity, of the playerbase is?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

THIS!!! This is why I love this game so much! You can argue the fine points of the game, of what it’s lacking and what it needs to do all you want, but when it comes time to just enjoy something for pure fun and entertainment, ANet knows how to poke fun and laugh for the sake of laughing. Nice work, guys! Love it!

hehe I just showed my 7 year old and she laughed so hard she almost had a little accident!

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It was funny until it made me crash every 5 minutes… not so funny anymore… is there a way to turn it off so I can stop crashing?

Posted by: Rebel.5827

Rebel.5827

Where’s the button to turn this childish prank off. The humor doesn’t even last through one event.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Honestly, if you guys hadn’t been paying attention to the fact that it’s April Fools and are ignorant of ANet’s history of pulling a joke every year, it’s you’re own dang fault. And so is your lack of a sense of humor. I recommend you get one from the gem store ASAP!

Or, you could simply question the advisability of it, as in was this a good idea. Of course, reality testing is not Anet’s strong suit.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Is it ruining your immersion? Awww T_T. Lighten up….

Posted by: Eskarina Tigress.3785

Eskarina Tigress.3785

This is a fundamental power abuse by the Devs; by playing an April Fool’s “joke” on the community, when the community is not able to do so on the Devs.
Poor judgement Devs, very poor judgement.

laughs rl Seriously? Its a joke for a day, man, lighten up.

What a bunch of…well…lets be nice but the QQ’ing over a joke is indicative of why devs shouldnt listen to those who claim to speak for the community.

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

Also, I think ANet made a very good choice with the wiki.

Posted by: Eskarina Tigress.3785

Eskarina Tigress.3785

Well played, devs, well played, I laughed

Posted by: Chobiko.9182

Chobiko.9182

Wow… so much seriousness in here it almost hurts my heart. Is there no fun in some of you? It was a great prank!

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Where’s the button to turn this childish prank off. The humor doesn’t even last through one event.

I’ve had to not play, its really annoying and does not appeal to my sense of humor, ie I have one thats progressed beyond nursery school levels of sophistry.

Posted by: SirMorgenStar.6721

SirMorgenStar.6721

You’re gonna have to endure through the day. Terrible, I know. Watch the blood pressure.

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

I think it’s hilarious. I want to see some of the bigger bosses and see if they have bobbleheads, too.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Have a laugh once in a while, guys.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

It was fun for about 5 seconds… We should have an option to turn it off…

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Dis iz low-brow hewmor! What baffoonery! Rubbish I say! Oh wait, it’s April 1st? This is pretty great then.

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Well heyyyy there! ;-)

LOL!!!!

Posted by: Deepfriedsalad.4208

Deepfriedsalad.4208

I’ll just repeat the same exact thing I said in another thread. Yes because motion sickness and headaches are hilarious

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’ve had to not play, its really annoying and does not appeal to my sense of humor, ie I have one thats progressed beyond nursery school levels of sophistry.

It’s April Fool’s Day… Here, take my hand, let me help you off of that high horse….

Also, check your use of the word sophistry, I don’t think it means what you think it means.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

There is something in the water…

Blùb [LuPi]

Posted by: kekule.7653

kekule.7653

Very nice joke, made my day much better. Anet, pls made this pernamently turn able at options, pls.

Posted by: Hadas.4170

Hadas.4170

U call it fun joke !?
These bubleheads are total noncense.. Maby its funny for some kids so let it be, but man if u create such thing make an options for others to disable it !
It may be funny maby for fe minutes but then.. its so anoying.. u cant play game normaly ..
Yeah u can say so its only 1 day, make a break, and I did. But the point is .. why to make things who make ur customers / players hate the game and not to play it for the time while those heads are on. Where is the point in it ?
And another thing" u call making big heads fun creativity? i think the person who made it was drunk or had no ideas left in his head.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’ll just repeat the same exact thing I said in another thread. Yes because motion sickness and headaches are hilarious

Motion sickness by looking at a bobble-head? I didn’t know such thing even existed.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

Could you imagine if the energy and effort this required was put into making the game better?

you take yourself too seriously, learn to relax, and enjoy the game… it isn’t supposed to be ultra-serious all the time… learn to chill.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Never.8571

Never.8571

NORNBEARMOA
/15bears

Attachments:

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Wow….. so much negative. This extremely mild compared to some of the things done, and quite humorous to watch. Some of you people are are way too uptight.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Renske.6178

Renske.6178

I too would like an option to turn it off or at least stop the wiggling, the size is not the problem. It’s looking adorable on Asura and funny but it really gives me motion sickness too after a few minute of play.

I guess today I will just rush my daily and not do anything else, so it’s not too big of a problem but still, a toggle would be nice, at least for my own character. It’s not about having no sense of humor, I actually think it’s very funny, unfortunately it just makes me feel sick.

Hadas.4170

Bubles heads cheap joke and no fun. Maby it is fun for some kids.. but at least MAKE AN OPTION FOR OTHERS TO TURN IT OFF !!!

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Motion sickness by looking at a bobble-head? I didn’t know such thing even existed.

It doesn’t. Motion sickness is caused by a clash between what your eyes are seeing and what your inner ears are feeling with regards to motion. A bobblehead won’t cause this clash because your eyes see one spot of motion yet the overall is consistent with what your inner ears are feeling.

Basically it appears to be a made up story trying to get this little bit of fun taken away because he’s decided he doesn’t like it.

Last time I got motion sick from a game (it does happen) was a Medal of Honor type shooter maybe ten, fifteen years ago. I had to take Dramamine for a couple days until my brain learned to recognize the input properly and adapted. I’ve been fine since.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

this is absolutely amazing, thank you devs for this April Fools. much love <3

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: Figgy.3856

Figgy.3856

It’s so pwetty.

(many thanks to the fabulous dancer)

Attachments:

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

…But where’s my SAB w3, you know… because it’s the only thing that matters in this game. (skin rewards based on skill and NOT gold)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Could you imagine if the energy and effort this required was put into making the game better?

Ah yes, changing basically a couple variable (most likely, I haven’t seen the code, so I wouldn’t know), takes sooooo much time and effort.

How dare they do something other than working 24/7 on superdeadlyserious stuff!

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Risa Aerulight.3914

Risa Aerulight.3914

Motion sickness may or may not be what it is precisely, but people really are feeling ill after a while of play with the bobble effect on. Please don’t tell someone what they are or are not experiencing, you aren’t in their shoes.
I’d also like to request persons requesting a toggle option not be accused of complaining, they are simply asking for a feature implementation, which is precisely one of the reasons for having and using forums – communicating what we are experiencing in game play and how we might find it improved.

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

Anet has the best April fools!

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Well i doubt anet will be able to implement a toggle before the day is over. Its unfortunate its making some people feel ill but it seems if you are one of those people it might be best just to avoid playing much today. Its only a single day after all.

Plus i think having a toggle button would kind of ruin it. Its april fools after all.

Posted by: Korbaal.6402

Korbaal.6402

This!!! Now THIS made me laugh. Ty.

[RIP STAR]

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

—I don’t like this joke, it is just for kids & immature adults—

This joke is great, it just is not for people who are simple minded. <—look I can do generic attacks too.

(edited by Clear.8512)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

People are just angry because their pwetty human female looks silly.

Hadas.4170

I will tell as well, that these bubleheads are total noncense.. Maby its funny for some kids so let it be, but man if u create such thing make an options for others to disable it !
It may be funny maby for fe minutes but then.. its so anoying.. u cant play game normaly ..
Yeah u can say so its only 1 day, make a break, and I did. But the point is .. why to make things who make ur customers / players hate the game and not to play it for the time while those heads are on. Where is the point in it ?
And another thing" u call making big heads fun creativity? i think the person who made it was drunk or had no ideas left in his head.

Pretty sure giant heads were a thing they did during GW1 April Fool’s as well. It’s sort of tradition.

I guess I should ask why it is you can’t play the game normally? Does it disable your skills? Or are you just saying you are annoyed and therefore you physically can’t play the game now.

I suggest, no I challenge, everyone who hates this bobblehead to make a statement by not logging in all day today. Show Anet you mean business! I know, I know, it’s hard not to play a game you guys dislike for one whole day, but I believe in you! Just don’t log in today!

I think you were talking bout ur self man your words:
(I won’t stop because I can’t stop. It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….)

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Sweet Dwayna, can we please merge the bobblehead threads already. Any repeat threads on an actual game topic get insta-merged to the point that they are no longer coherent, but 2.5 pages of bobblehead threads are ok?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Some folks really don’t like the bobbleheads. Here’s proof that changing the system date on the computer can work, though one might have to try multiple times before it does.

http://youtu.be/c7m6XpPL_Nw

I honestly don’t see what the huge deal is. The only reason I played around to disable it was so I could use my Total Makeover Kit.

Thanks for posting this tip. It’s a shame so many people are still raging so hard they can’t look down two posts to see this though, lol.

Posted by: visiouscatlover.2406

visiouscatlover.2406

People need to learn to lighten up, jeez, also

Attachments:

(edited by visiouscatlover.2406)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

New flash for everyone who isn’t from the US. You prank people on April Fool’s day, not tell jokes. This is a prank. Pranks are supposed to inconvenience people, annoy people, insult, etc.

You aren’t supposed to be happy about being pranked, it is completely normal to be upset after being pranked.

It’s like you guys have never been pranked in your lives. Luckily the majority of the player base understand this and aren’t getting super upset about it, because it is a day known for pranking.

Get over it.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

I am so sick of whiners all you guys do is whine.

Easy there, you just caused a stack overflow by entering a recursion!

Posted by: Enzo.3906

Enzo.3906

This joke is great, it just is not for people who are simple minded. <—look I can do generic attacks too.

Immature adults? lol

Someone is srs.

JQ Spy working for Blackgate Karma Train Division

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

This is a fundamental power abuse by the Devs; by playing an April Fool’s “joke” on the community, when the community is not able to do so on the Devs.
Poor judgement Devs, very poor judgement.

You can prank them too though. I’ll give you an example.

You: “Hey devs, I’ll buy gems!”
Devs:
You: “April fools!”
Devs:

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

chuckle

Some people just don’t have the April Fool’s Day spirit.

“childish”
“immature”

Some people need to lighten up… a lot. It’s just some light hearted teasing from the devs, and I’m glad they did something they hadn’t done before. It’s nice that even through all the kitten they have to deal with from the players, the devs still have a sense of humor.

Besides, this is so much less intrusive / destructive than pranks many of us, or even our children, have pulled / will pull.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Immature adults? lol

Someone is srs.

Sorry I did not add the sarcasm at the end. Was a mockery of people stating they don’t enjoy the april 1st joke and then adding that it is for kids, etc etc as if to justify their displeasure or bring everyone down a peg.