Enchantment powder stole my karma boosters

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

I just double clicked this powder crap and it stole my karma boosters! what the kitten!? it was my easy way to complete a mystic forge daily and now it’s gone.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

ArenaNet does not want us to get karma.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Stole? You are aware it uses any Boosters you have in inventory, fcfs.

I’m unsure how double-clicking on Enchantment Powder fulfills the MF Daily, though.

Psychol.5783

Stole? You are aware it uses any Boosters you have in inventory, fcfs.

I’m unsure how double-clicking on Enchantment Powder fulfills the MF Daily, though.

No, it doesn’t say that it gets whatever it wants, but I guess I demand too much from Guild Wars UI. I had a feeling that it’s going to get a random booster but I had too much faith that they gonna make it right and give us a choice, I was too lazy to put my ~10 boosters in deposit first to check for design flaws.
You can mix karma boosters with 2 other boosters and a bag and get the same boosters, very easy daily.

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Actually they have a predefined order, it uses Karma Boosters first, if you wanted to avoid them using Karma Boosters you should have banked them first.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boost_Enchantment_Powder

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Or you could have spent less than 1 silver on 4 green runes/sigils (plus the cost to teleport to the mf, which should be below 5s) and not played the “which booster gets used” roulett.

Yes, arenanet have been actively removing karma boosters from the game. Even the karmabooster conversion rate with enchanted powder is abysmal since it requires 2 boosters.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

you can actually read the item description, you know? I know it’s a long and intricate item tooltip but it does explain what it does…

Of course, it doesn’t mention that the resulting booster can no longer be selected as a karma boost.

Psychol.5783

you can actually read the item description, you know? I know it’s a long and intricate item tooltip but it does explain what it does…

Of course, it doesn’t mention that the resulting booster can no longer be selected as a karma boost.

It doesn’t say anything about taking a random booster.

I read that you can get karma booster on lvl 24 here https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karma_Booster

And I leveled up a character especially to get it but I didn’t get it, only some green amulets, why?

FeelsBadMan

(edited by Psychol.5783)

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

It doesn’t say anything about taking a random booster.

because its not random – it comes in predefined order – as for me the only misudnerstanding I’ve got was that I though its gonna grabb all of these boosters listed at once (and really hoped for it too :P)

I read that you can get karma booster on lvl 24 here https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Karma_Booster

And I leveled up a character especially to get it but I didn’t get it, only some green amulets, why?

maybe because soem wiki articles are out of date because wiki is maintained by player community?

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

Not sure why people are arguing against the OP, it’s a valid complaint, it does not tell you it will automatically take the booster.

A sane person would expect some sort of selection window, the way its works is counter intuitive.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

There is a Karma Boost at lvl 38 if that’s any help and as for the Forge Daily try using Lumps or Nuggets, Nuggets are my go to because you can, once in a great while get a Silver Doubloon.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Not sure why people are arguing against the OP, it’s a valid complaint, it does not tell you it will automatically take the booster.

A sane person would expect some sort of selection window, the way its works is counter intuitive.

That’s because people are quick to defend Anet. The OP’s complaint is valid. This was a silly move on Anet’s part.

Narrrz.7532

There is one, at the vendors from whom you buy the boost powder. you just select, “i want you to do the enchantment for me”

Repackages boosts in your inventory to take up less space and allows you to change boosts to another similar type.

Each powder will grant one Enchanted Boost in exchange for the following boosts in the quantity listed in the parentheses:

Karma Booster (2)
Experience Booster (1)
Gathering Booster (1)
Crafting Booster (1)
Magic Find Booster (1)
Armor Booster (1)
Strength Booster (1)
Speed Booster (1)
Rejuvenation Booster (1)
Killstreak Experience Booster (1)

Bolded for emphasis.
The only ambiguity is that it makes it sound like it wants all of those boosts per individual enchanted reward booster.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

There is one, at the vendors from whom you buy the boost powder. you just select, “i want you to do the enchantment for me”

Repackages boosts in your inventory to take up less space and allows you to change boosts to another similar type.

Each powder will grant one Enchanted Boost in exchange for the following boosts in the quantity listed in the parentheses:

Karma Booster (2)
Experience Booster (1)
Gathering Booster (1)
Crafting Booster (1)
Magic Find Booster (1)
Armor Booster (1)
Strength Booster (1)
Speed Booster (1)
Rejuvenation Booster (1)
Killstreak Experience Booster (1)

Bolded for emphasis.
The only ambiguity is that it makes it sound like it wants all of those boosts per individual enchanted reward booster.

It doesn’t actually say it takes them in that order though. Since the wiki is from any player who wishes to put information down, it could simply be someone who listed them in no particular order but just as he wrote it down.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Narrrz.7532

i can confirm from personal experience that karma is definitely the boost it prefers to take, and that the list at the very least is split that way with noncombat on top and combat at bottom.

Also, my personal experience is that people who are sufficiently compelled to create and maintain wiki pages tend to be absolutely fastidious about that sort of thing…

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

i can confirm from personal experience that karma is definitely the boost it prefers to take, and that the list at the very least is split that way with noncombat on top and combat at bottom.

Also, my personal experience is that people who are sufficiently compelled to create and maintain wiki pages tend to be absolutely fastidious about that sort of thing…

Yes. I’m sure they do tend to be. But tend to be is not the same as always. Unless it says “in that order” then assuming it is in that order is an unfounded assumption.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.