Feature Pack September 2014

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Well I doubt there’s only one reason why Rift went downhill.

No doubt. I was just present for most of it and I don’t recall feeling like their listening to the playerbase detracted from the direction of the game (there were some moments probably, but nothing major that comes to mind). I think like most games, there were some fundamental design choices they made that hurt the game in a big way, and there was really no going back from it.

The main problem I recall was that too much of ones activity in that game hinged on vertical gear progression – there was no support for competitive PvP and although they added something similar to WvW later on, it didn’t have the same kind of tools that this game does for encouraging a thriving community of people playing for the game, rather than for the rewards.

Fluff content was next to nonexistent for too long and most content relied on pushing people into it to get rewards, which meant you would be bored as kitten once you got said rewards.

Not that it’s dead or anything. AFAIK, it’s still going pretty strong. But yeah, that is my take on it from memory.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

I just hope this one will not be as much of a disappointment as April.

I’m anxious about what this “Feature Pack” is going to include this time around. Seeing as the previous downgrade masterpiece screwed up the traits and leveling mechanics – which still needs a lot of work in my opinion – I’m going to cautiously look forward to September with crossed fingers.

Hopefully this one will actually improve upon the game mechanics that we like, rather than provide an all-out restructuring (now with more gold-sinks!) like the last one did.

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I just hope this one will not be as much of a disappointment as April.

Here’s the link: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/

I’m anxious about what this “Feature Pack” is going to include this time around. Seeing as the previous downgrade masterpiece screwed up the traits and leveling mechanics – which still needs a lot of work in my opinion – I’m going to cautiously look forward to September with crossed fingers.

Hopefully this one will actually improve upon the game mechanics that we like, rather than provide an all-out restructuring (now with more gold-sinks!) like the last one did.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/feature-packs/

It doesn’t look good so far. The news about commander tags costing 300g for each color is an obvious gem cash-grab, and gold sink. The next reveal is going to be about Balancing, and then there’s the Collecting and Trading reveal after that. It looks pretty “meh” when compared to last Feature Pack.

The “Fresh Start” looks interesting though, and it might address the trait problems.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The most interesting thing out of all this so far is the green arrow next to the commander icon in this picture http://www.zam.com/Im/image/gallery/257063

It’s pointing to the name of commander…. It’s nothing special.

It does look like that but it also looks like the usual in game arrows. If it wasn’t added by ZAM then that arrow is for something else.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Or the Devs added it, using their game tools, for release to the public. Lol. Someone at ArenaNet gets those pictures ready for public consumption. =)

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I prefer balance patch before the feature pack patch. Why do you change the visuals and basic rules while people running away from your game because of stupid balance issues.

Exactly what I was thinking. It pretty much proves the problems many of us complained about early on when we kept seeing the team work on things that were never an issue to begin with. Still waiting on the list they promised PVE players in the wiki page. Guess that’ll never happen.

Lack of weapon choices, lack of skills, lack of variety in PVE, condition damage problems, lack of rewards, op classes that are used to sell boss kill slots in dungeons soloing 5 mans, etc etc etc. Heck even hobo sacks…I won’t be holding my breath.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)