Fractal Loot: An Insult to Good Players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

I’m approaching 400, and maybe I am past that, I lost count!, (some have even more) runs in the dungeon and have even carried many people in 48’s, 38’s and 28’s. RNG or not, it is an insult to players like myself when players receive skins that are new or very inexperienced in a dungeon that takes time and a good understanding of your player and the dungeon itself (notice I didn’t use the word Skill).

Run after run after run and I have done this dungeon for a very long time. What a waste of time, what a slap in the face, what an insult to those that are good at a dungeon that never get rewarded for putting in the time.

I (and others) cannot even turn in items to swap out to the weapon skin they want. Instead when we bring this subject up in the forums out of pure concern the ArenaNet staff blasts us and locks the posts, or in my case gives me an infraction, for a legit complaint. What does that solve? A shutdown of something they do not want new players seeing all over their forums: upset hard grinding players getting slapped in the chops. (oh, and you don’t want us grinding, due to the farm zones you nerfed a while back, so what’s the difference in Fractals? It’s just a different area with the same intent)

You could at least make small changes to Fractals for those like myself who have to look at the same junk everyday a little more interesting. I don’t see why you can’t take some time aside to make some changes to the looks/bosses to keep players a bit more interested for something they are starting to despise with a passion.

I’m sorry ArenaNet: but your Dungeon is nothing, nothing different than running a dungeon in AION. Countless items I have no use for while those who hardly run the place get what they came for, and leave to never return. You could have at least provided some gel for this mess. So yes, lock/ban/screwme/infraction me for making this post. At least you read it. Whether you choose to actual do something for your players, well, that’s probably like mindless Fractal runs. You said you listen to your players, but Fractals is one area I don’t think you thoroughly have listened.

I thought you wanted GW2 to be something different. Well you have for questing, it is a unique way to level in a game, and other aspects you’ve made quite different. Boss fights are not like many games. But when I step into your Fractal it’s honestly like stepping into AION dungeons – and you don’t need a ton of replies belong to tell you how much players hated that insane mess. If you don’t want players saying “Hey, got my weapon, I’m done with Fractals!” Then put some new skins in every few months to keep the place/players active. This isn’t rocket science, which isn’t even that technical to be honest. Change up the look a tad, make the bosses a little different in reaction. Seriously, get the kitten RNG out of your game so players can actually have fun and not AIONGRIND their brain cells out.

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

They listen to players who post on their threads they created.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

inb4 the army swarming in and telling you to play for fun and not for loot. Or those trying to tell you RNG in fractal skin is necessary to maintain their “prestige”.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

inb4 the army swarming in and telling you to play for fun and not for loot.

Totally get that, but I, like many other players out there, enjoy going for skins within games. It is what’s fun to me, but not grinding endlessly to never obtain something. I don’t mind work for something I want. I do, however, do mind when I have run Fractals this many times to gain nothing in the end.

By the time someone gets something from something, it’s over before it started. Your time means nothing for something not obtained within a meaningful time.

I like skins, a lot, or I wouldn’t try to make my character different than other players, or go for a unique item. Maybe I am just in the wrong game for that.

Posted by: Sutcliffe.5491

Sutcliffe.5491

Im guessing that they might improve the fractal system upon releasing the new fractals at end of year.
They should be aware of the issue but i think its not very high on their urgent to do list…

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

The skins are nice and I got an ascended weapon today off a lvl 30 one daily chest.

(edited by PlagueParade.7942)

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

inb4 the army swarming in and telling you to play for fun and not for loot.

Totally get that, but I, like many other players out there, enjoy going for skins within games. It is what’s fun to me, but not grinding endlessly to never obtain something. I don’t mind work for something I want. I do, however, do mind when I have run Fractals this many times to gain nothing in the end.

By the time someone gets something from something, it’s over before it started. Your time means nothing for something not obtained within a meaningful time.

I like skins, a lot, or I wouldn’t try to make my character different than other players, or go for a unique item. Maybe I am just in the wrong game for that.

yeah RNG is disgusting, RNG^2 in the case of fractal weapons, more so.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

A nice fix to fractals would be reward a new pristine relic type after 20 and you can exchange for Fractal Skins.
i.e
floor 20 daily = 1 token
floor 30 daily = 1 token
floor 40 daily = 1 token
same as pristine relic system, and allow the fractal skins to be available for 30 tokens or so.

Also reduce RNG on the random rings and weapons by putting so many weapons in various “ascended ring/fractal skin chest” for example, Zerker, Cleric, Knights ring in one chest, some of the other random rings in another chest, and more in another. This way getting a chest doesn’t give you a 100% chance to get a ring you want, but more like a 1 in 3 chance. Same with weapon skins.

(edited by Osi.3504)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think all the good players in this game should get a shiny gold badge above their heads that says I am a good player.

I think that would help.

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

I think all the good players in this game should get a shiny gold badge above their heads that says I am a good player.

I think that would help.

I like that idea.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I think that would help.

I like that idea.

Nah, they should just give the best loot for zerg-farming so that there’s no incentive to improve or even actually look at the screen.

Oh wait, that’s already in the game.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

DOWN WITH RNG!

suggest ANET staff’s paycheck be RNG as well

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

No I think they should give the best rewards for achievements: there is not better thing than getting awesome loot for text.

Oh wait, that’s also already in the game!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Deadlyflea.4029

Deadlyflea.4029

DOWN WITH RNG!

suggest ANET staff’s paycheck be RNG as well

Oh, Oh i support this too! Also there needs to be a high chance for them to get paid in Broken Lockpicks!

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

While we appreciate that you took time to share your opinions with the rest of the community, this thread is now being locked, as it does not invite to a constructive discussion.

Please remember to stay respectful and constructive when posting on the forums.

Thank you for your understanding.