GW1 Legacy is "Temp Disabled"??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: windyweather.1238

windyweather.1238

I made my second ranger and with some Tomes and work, he’s now level 35. So now it’s time to load up on pets that are accessible, but the Black Moa is missing from the Hall of Monuments [Yes I have 15 points from GW1]. My previous Ranger had no trouble finding the Moa. And I see “This content has been temporarily disabled” when I check with the gear guy in the pond. Of course all the Legacy gear skins are available in my Wardrobe since my previous toons picked them all up.
Did we see an announcement for what happened with the Legacy?
Thanks
- ww

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

There was a bug with the recent patch that gave people HoM points they weren’t supposed to have. While the bug has been stopped, HoM rewards are disabled until they can revert the gains from people who weren’t supposed to have them.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

there was a bug that allowed people to get Hall of Monuments points, so Anet disabled access to the rewards a few days ago. don’t worry, I’m sure they’ll be back

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-March-16-2015

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: windyweather.1238

windyweather.1238

K thanks very much to make 15 characters,
ww

Posted by: Jorn Wolfgang.3712

Jorn Wolfgang.3712

Dang! Glad I did a search for this just hit 15 points last night. Was sad to go in on my ranger and see the content is temporarily disabled please try again later message.

I hope they can get it sorted.

Posted by: Otto Foxen.9857

Otto Foxen.9857

has there been any update on this?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

has there been any update on this?

Yes, a few days back.

source

I’ll go ahead and comment on this thread, as it seems to be the most recent of the HOM ones.

I’ll try to explain this without getting too technical, and some parts are probably going to have to be left out.

The bug that caused players to unlock achievements/skins/titles and achievement points was caused when the GW1 server that stores the HOM status talks to the GW2 server that controls new character creation. Basically it was sending bad data to the GW2 server, and unlocking achievements that should not have been unlocked.

This means that there were multiple problem points that need to be cleaned up. The first thing to be cleaned up was the bug that caused this to happen, and that was fixed within a few hours. However, the removal of the rewards is an entirely different problem.

We don’t have the tools to easily mass remove achievements/titles, which means it’s something that has to be developed. Unfortunately, this came at a time where our resources are tapped to the max, so it’s taking longer than we would like to fix this.

Thankfully (lol), when the HOM rewards bug was happening, the actual HOM was not accessible, and those players were not able to claim any other HOM entitlements…so the damage was somewhat limited.

We are working on this, I assure you, and we will remove the rewards from players that should not have received them. I do not have a timeframe, as modifying accounts at this type of level is not something we would ever take lightly, and as long as we keep a majority of the entitlements locked there is less for us to clean up.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

Any update on this? I know they are busy with HoT stuff, but it’d be nice if this wasn’t taking so long :\.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234