GW2 gameplay

GW2 gameplay

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

GW2 gameplay feels so awesome once you maxed stats.

so the enjoyment of gw2 is far higher once you maxed out your stats and i expect same for masteries.

the grind for stats is never really fun in any mmo, and gw2 does it really well compared to mmo’s in general. however i feel my enjoyment is FAR larger once i maxed out the “Stats” so i could just run around and do what i wanted instead of focusing on specific progression.

i think it is a little sad that Stats maxing is even a thing in GW2 now as the game Truly shines once you are just wondering around the maps doing the events because it is “FUN” not because you “NEED” to do it.
it is the difference of having to do something and wanting to do something.

just wanted to throw my feeling and thoughts on it out there as it seems devs in general think “long term goals” equal “endless gear grind”.
i do think gw2 devs got most of the idea with legendary gear, as the stats is the same amount so it is not a “NEED” feeling to get it ^^

really hope the devs keep going in the direction of “no more stats” but just better content. the later maps from season 3 are kitten awesome ^^
(the mastery grind is a bit annoying though, but again it is because its the “NEED” feeling)

PS: love how there is so many lvls in the maps, like the big under water area in tangled depths is pretty cool little find hehe.
little bit sad that each map has different “special ressources” needed for that map, it makes each resource limited in their worth. but havent looked at it enough to say

(edited by Nyx.6532)

GW2 gameplay

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I’ve recently got a necro to 78 by “living off the land” as it were. Tremendous fun and she’s well away from having where near max stats. Ergo, the game feels awesome all (well, most) of the time to me.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

GW2 gameplay

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I’ve recently got a necro to 78 by “living off the land” as it were. Tremendous fun and she’s well away from having where near max stats. Ergo, the game feels awesome all (well, most) of the time to me.

I think it is less about the actual stats, and more about unlocking traits and skills.

Back when you only have 1 trait line and 2 utility skills, it is just not anywhere near as enjoyable

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

GW2 gameplay

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

I think it is less about the actual stats, and more about unlocking traits and skills.

Back when you only have 1 trait line and 2 utility skills, it is just not anywhere near as enjoyable

for me it is that i dont feel like i “NEED” to do it.
whenever progression gives you something you “NEED” to maximize your efficiency/open area’s up, i cant really enjoy it because it feels like a job, something i just want to get over with so i can do that cool thing which is the reason i need to do this.

so for me removing that burden and just letting me enjoy all the story, the exploration, the gameplay, etc etc etc. is when i feel the game is truly fun and shines.
normally Grind is there bc there is not enough content to entertain you and the content is so similar that if you played it for that you would be bored after a month. but in gw2 there is SO much good content and so many things to do, there isnt really content which is designed for “Mindless grind” and therefore there is no need for that “Maximization grind mechanic” as it subtract enjoyment and only adds “time loss”.

So it is Far more enjoyable now that i am finally done with gearing