In my view, the game is going in the wrong direction

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Will.9785

Will.9785

Everything is becoming more difficult and grindy to do. I barely have time to log on during the week and now I come on today and see these ridiculous dailies. Oh, and dungeons are going to be a lot harder now so I won’t be able to gear up my characters as easily as the people who played the game for 5 months prior to this month (I’m new to the game). Let see what else, another currency that I have to keep track of, great.

From my point of view, it would seem like the bulk of these changes were put in to halt/limit progression.

I bought the game because the original Guild Wars wasn’t so grindy and GW2 was advertised as the non-MMO MMO. Well I can see now that GW2 is about as much of a sequel to GW1 as Diablo III was to Diablo II, as in a sequel in name only that completely misses what made the previous game good.

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

GW2 is still a great MMO and better than most other MMO’s but it sure as hell isn’t the “non-MMO MMO” like GW1 was. If you don’t like it, just be happy that you got your moneys worth on the original price tag and go play another game. If you’re looking for a quality “non-MMO MMO” I can recommend Eve Online.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

Posted by: Gorwe.9672

Gorwe.9672

Well, I reckon that I got my $60 worth of gametime.

For all of you wondering how the Real MMO looks and plays like-do yourself a favour and go play Vanguard(if you are into PvE). If you are into PvP-EvE.

This Game’s quickly becoming a f2p Korean grinder...

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

For all of you wondering how the Real MMO looks and plays like-do yourself a favour and go play Vanguard(if you are into PvE). If you are into PvP-EvE.

This Game’s quickly becoming a f2p Korean grinder…

Heard Vanguard was terrible and is on it’s last legs(if it’s not dead already), but it’s made by soe so what do you expect?

But anyway, I wouldn’t mind the grind half as much if there were daily/monthly achievements to get back and visit old zones again. This just seems way way too grindy and has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Though I have heard some say the daily achievements will be different from day to day, so here’s to hoping we will still be incentivized to visit old zones.

(edited by BroScientist.9875)

Posted by: Holyblesserx.7618

Holyblesserx.7618

I gotta agree about the grind. The drop rate is garbage mode. But then i guess Anet has to keep it that way so people will keep spending money in the TP and keep players playing otherwise we would all be walking around looking at each other wanting more content every time you turn around

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

Everything is becoming more difficult and grindy to do. I barely have time to log on during the week and now I come on today and see these ridiculous dailies. Oh, and dungeons are going to be a lot harder now so I won’t be able to gear up my characters as easily as the people who played the game for 5 months prior to this month (I’m new to the game). Let see what else, another currency that I have to keep track of, great.

From my point of view, it would seem like the bulk of these changes were put in to halt/limit progression.

I bought the game because the original Guild Wars wasn’t so grindy and GW2 was advertised as the non-MMO MMO. Well I can see now that GW2 is about as much of a sequel to GW1 as Diablo III was to Diablo II, as in a sequel in name only that completely misses what made the previous game good.

I completely agree…they threw out most of what made GW1 memorable and inherently fun in the first place.

Combat depth, elite skill capping, actual cinematic cutscenes in the story rather than middle school plays…it’s like they completely dropped off the deep end with this game.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

Posted by: Stevefin.7251

Stevefin.7251

Snip
If you are into PvP-EvE.

Funny thing, EvE, is probably the most grindy game out there, but not at the faults of the game its self, but the community of elitist PvP and PvE players, who will not even look at you unless you have 20m skill points in most cases

Posted by: Anka.3675

Anka.3675

Are you insinuating that GW2 is grindier than Vanguard? Seriously?

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

Are you insinuating that GW2 is grindier than Vanguard? Seriously?

Ummm I think he’s saying the opposite i.e. those wanting to see how bad vertical progression is like in other games should check out Vanguard.

Funny thing, EvE, is probably the most grindy game out there, but not at the faults of the game its self, but the community of elitist PvP and PvE players, who will not even look at you unless you have 20m skill points in most cases

I’ve only played for 2 months and I haven’t had this problem at all. I’m having a blast with Eve-Uni and looking to join a null sec alliance in the future. The people you’re talking about are probably small corps of elitist low sec pirates but they’re allowed to have the kind of corp they want. Also, obligatory post of a recent huge battle in Eve involving 2.7k players, WvW fans take note http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLqb-m1ZZUA

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

Heard Vanguard was terrible and is on it’s last legs(if it’s not dead already), but it’s made by soe so what do you expect?

But anyway, I wouldn’t mind the grind half as much if there were daily/monthly achievements to get back and visit old zones again. This just seems way way too grindy and has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Though I have heard some say the daily achievements will be different from day to day, so here’s to hoping we will still be incentivized to visit old zones.

I got my moneys worth but only because I didn’t buy anything with real cash, including diamonds. Where I go from here I don’t know as I think this isn’t going to be a game that keeps me involved just because of the mess Anet keeps making. See other posts I made recently regarding this update. I’m thinking trying Secret World just until Neverwinter Nights comes out but maybe I’ll play GW2 on for a bit ever hopeful of it becoming more casual player friendly.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Gorwe.9672

No.

But VG gives you a reson to grind(don’t forget they are the makers of EQ!). GW 2 doesn’t. Besides, VG is almost fully f2p now-all PvE and RPG fans owe it to themselves to at least try it.

Simple as that.

Edit: TSW sounds awesome. Will buy that shortly with my two books(Warhammer High Elves!!!!! <3 <3).

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Everything is becoming more difficult and grindy to do

Not really.

Before today: only way to get tier 6 crafting materials was to kill enemies and hope one of them would give you the materials you want. Completely random.

After today: use laurels to get tier 6 crafting materials. Which materials exactly are random, but at least you know you will get tier 6 stuff.

Same thing for obtaining rare and exotic weapons – while enemy drops are not reliable, laurels give you rare and exotic equipment.

In both cases, it may not be exactly the item you want, but adding so much more supply will lower prices and thus reduce the grind in the game. The fact this system is self limited (a grinder is not going to get daily achievements more than once per day, even if he plays 10 hours per day) means it won’t add too much wealth differences betwen players, further reducing the grind.

The issue, as seen in the topic asking ArenaNet to remove crafting from the dailies, is that people somehow believe they are forced to get dailies each and every day. That is making the game a grind. If the current daily has something you do not enjoy, just skip it. A single laurel isn’t going to make much of a difference.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

As soon as they add the ascended crafting recipes, it should be fine.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Gorwe.9672

IF* they add Ascended crafting recipes…

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

Everything is becoming more difficult and grindy to do

Not really.

Before today: only way to get tier 6 crafting materials was to kill enemies and hope one of them would give you the materials you want. Completely random.

After today: use laurels to get tier 6 crafting materials. Which materials exactly are random, but at least you know you will get tier 6 stuff.

Same thing for obtaining rare and exotic weapons – while enemy drops are not reliable, laurels give you rare and exotic equipment.

In both cases, it may not be exactly the item you want, but adding so much more supply will lower prices and thus reduce the grind in the game. The fact this system is self limited (a grinder is not going to get daily achievements more than once per day, even if he plays 10 hours per day) means it won’t add too much wealth differences betwen players, further reducing the grind.

The issue, as seen in the topic asking ArenaNet to remove crafting from the dailies, is that people somehow believe they are forced to get dailies each and every day. That is making the game a grind. If the current daily has something you do not enjoy, just skip it. A single laurel isn’t going to make much of a difference.

The only way to get laurels is through dailies, and who knows if the next day will have daily acheivements you want to do? Laurels add up, and if they are the best way to get materials like you say, then I can see why people would feel forced to do dailies.

Dailies suck. I didn’t like them in wow and I don’t like them in gw2. It’s a cheap way to keep people logging in and playing.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Well I can see now that GW2 is about as much of a sequel to GW1 as Diablo III was to Diablo II, as in a sequel in name only that completely misses what made the previous game good.

I never played GW1, but I’m sure you’re right (I know you’re right re:D2-D3). That said, it’s nothing new for a sequel to amount to little more than using an established brand for a quick cash grab.

Dailies suck. I didn’t like them in wow and I don’t like them in gw2. It’s a cheap way to keep people logging in and playing.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of them at all. They’re easy to develop, though, so we’ll probably see them all over the place until another generation of MMOs has failed. I also absolutely hated them in WoW, and only tolerated them here because they were so open ended (and, frankly, because they weren’t directly linked to anything particularly desirable).

(edited by Ansultares.1567)

Posted by: Joyful Blue.7392

Joyful Blue.7392

While I agree that some of the changes seem poor or unnecessary, I don’t see what GW1 has to do with it. Go play that if you miss it so much, I certainly still play it from time to time.

Erasculio.2914

The only way to get laurels is through dailies, and who knows if the next day will have daily acheivements you want to do?

It’s a matter of how much you enjoy the game. If you like all aspects of the game, most, if not all dailies, will be something you would enjoy doing. If you only enjoy a single, limited aspect of the game, finding a daily you enjoy is going to take some time, but then again if you only enjoy a single, limited aspect of the game, maybe it’s not a game for you…

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

It is a shame what we ended up with isnt it. Had they stuck to their principles I think this game would have been 10X better and probably supported financially a lot more.

Happy consumers would be willing to spend money in the cash shop to reward the dev for doing good and making an enjoyable experience.
Instead we have an enormous grinder with loot drops that are horrific meant to keep the players going to the gems ->gold.
So people are begrudging and seeing it as an attempt to pick their pocket instead of freely rewarding them for doing good.
I honestly thought the revenue could have been so substantial that it would rival the biggies. Instead we now have a player pop that is in the toilet -bad retention and every decision made seems to shrink the player base even further.

(edited by Narkosys.5173)

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Yep, this was their opportunity to engage the community around a better vision than the one we’ve been saddled with since 11/15. Sadly, they didn’t pull it off. The dailies that can’t be completed, the harder scaling for brittle bones and shattered lockpicks (i.e., better rewards) were the first two things that greeted me. Other folks math around the grind involved in getting Ascended gear from laurels just added more disappointment.

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

No.

But VG gives you a reson to grind(don’t forget they are the makers of EQ!). GW 2 doesn’t. Besides, VG is almost fully f2p now-all PvE and RPG fans owe it to themselves to at least try it.

Simple as that.

Edit: TSW sounds awesome. Will buy that shortly with my two books(Warhammer High Elves!!!!! <3 <3).

No soe did not develop everquest 1. They developed everquest 2 which absolutely did not live up to it’s predecessor, as well as myriad blunders: swg, the ruining of PS1 post development, the mess that is PS2. I will never play a game developed by soe. (exception would be ps1 when it goes f2p because that game is amazing and is balanced now, though noone plays it currently.

Anka.3675

Yes, VG gives you a reason to grind… You have to grind for everything, levels, gear, mats… Basically if you want to get anywhere, you have to grind. AKA forced grind. Whereas GW2 doesn’t give you any reason to grind for anything, really, unless you the player like to grind. So how is this game going more in the direction of Korean grinder then a game that has always been a grind, from the very launch?

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

The adding of daily laurels and ascended necks have gotten me really worried about the future of the game aswell as my future with the game.

I left WoW due to the daily system, no the quests but the daily dungeons. If you missed one you fell behind. Now this is arriving in GW2 aswell, plus you need to spend 20(!) days for one item, that is if you do the monthly on the first day it arrives.

And this is after they supposedly wanted to add more options for obtaining gear… its still only one option to obtain the necks and other laurel items. At a horribly slow korean rate at that.

I’m an altoholic too, so I’m torn which toon to get the neck for first, since I love the 4 80s I have and want to level more.

How soon will the other options arrive for obtaining gear? No necks from fractal dailies? What? Who came up with that not so brilliant idea?

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: StevesDad.8213

StevesDad.8213

Hey Arenanet, remember what happened to Diablo III? Remember it well. You’re next if you keep it up.

Peace.

Anka.3675

No.

Simple as that.

No soe did not develop everquest 1. They developed everquest 2 which absolutely did not live up to it’s predecessor, as well as myriad blunders: swg, the ruining of PS1 post development, the mess that is PS2. I will never play a game developed by soe. (exception would be ps1 when it goes f2p because that game is amazing and is balanced now, though noone plays it currently.

To be technical, soe didn’t develop vanguard either, Sigil did and then they got bought up by soe.

Gorwe.9672

The only way to get laurels is through dailies, and who knows if the next day will have daily acheivements you want to do?

It’s a matter of how much you enjoy the game. If you like all aspects of the game, most, if not all dailies, will be something you would enjoy doing. If you only enjoy a single, limited aspect of the game, finding a daily you enjoy is going to take some time, but then again if you only enjoy a single, limited aspect of the game, maybe it’s not a game for you…

True MMO allows you to enjoy just that little niche that interests you-be it crafting, slaying or even some other gimmicks(polymock, diplomacy, grinding, ….).

An MMO that does not allow you to play as YOU WANT, is not an MMO.

EZ!

Erasculio.2914

True MMO allows you to enjoy just that little niche that interests you-be it crafting, slaying or even some other gimmicks(polymock, diplomacy, grinding, ….).

Nope.

Classic MMOs are grind-based games that push players into level grind, and from there gear grind. They may have one or two nearly irrelevant gimmicks (polymock in GW1, diplomacy in the original Vanguard, flying in Aion, and so on) but they don’t deviate from that.

ArenaNet is trying to reward people who enjoy the game, as opposed to people who grind the game. The issue is that you can take the grind out of the game, but not the grinder out of the player. In front of content that someone does not enjoy, the idea is that said someone would skip that content, not play through it.

Posted by: Zephyr Lee.2491

Zephyr Lee.2491

AHHHHHH whats with all the fuss about Laurels, nothing in the new rewards is needed.

Its just another activity you can choose to do.

Anka.3675

An MMO that does not allow you to play as YOU WANT, is not an MMO.

EZ!

So, any MMO that won’t make say…. raiding gear accessible (or equivalent) for people that dont like to raid isn’t an MMO?

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

I completely agree…they threw out most of what made GW1 memorable and inherently fun in the first place.

Combat depth, elite skill capping, actual cinematic cutscenes in the story rather than middle school plays…it’s like they completely dropped off the deep end with this game.

Hahaha Middle School plays . I love that.

joneb.5679

Nope.

Classic MMOs are grind-based games that push players into level grind, and from there gear grind. They may have one or two nearly irrelevant gimmicks (polymock in GW1, diplomacy in the original Vanguard, flying in Aion, and so on) but they don’t deviate from that.

ArenaNet is trying to reward people who enjoy the game, as opposed to people who grind the game. The issue is that you can take the grind out of the game, but not the grinder out of the player. In front of content that someone does not enjoy, the idea is that said someone would skip that content, not play through it.

The problem is when we eventually start to need these things to play on. Grind is for cosmetics now or Ascended Agony gear to do fractals but the new ascended and infusion rewards for what I think is pve end game items will mean players will need to get them eventually when the power balance has to be tweaked to more difficulty because the players that have them complete content far too easily.

Also I like levelling and doing group events with others but sometimes zones are so empty and that makes me not enjoy something I like to do. There in lies the problem as in when a game makes someone not enjoy what they usually do.

We can move on but the downside of that is leaving the other elements of the game we like and that’s why people complain. We want the game to be better when there is so stuff we enjoy but other things hamper that enjoyment. Sometimes its very heavily opinionated but when a mass of people feel the same way there is more to it.

BTW I think I remember you Erusculio from DDO or some other MMO. We often didn’t agree if I mind right.

them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

AHHHHHH whats with all the fuss about Laurels, nothing in the new rewards is needed.

True, but WvW isn’t fun, the dungeons are now harder than ever so I’m done with those. Dailies can’t be soloed anymore (at least todays version) so thats over with. A-net is quickly adding and changing things to stuff I choose not to do.

SBI

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Game is going the wrong direction

Everything is becoming more difficult

Why any remotely challenging thing so scares gamers nowadays?
Thank god you never played GW1 then. You would quit in pre-searing lol.

Erasculio.2914

We can move on but the downside of that is leaving the other elements of the game we like and that’s why people complain. We want the game to be better when there is so stuff we enjoy but other things hamper that enjoyment. Sometimes its very heavily opinionated but when a mass of people feel the same way there is more to it.

Doing something that people don’t enjoy is never the proper answer. Instead of telling a developer that they don’t need to make fun content (since people will grind through whatever), players should not play content that they don’t think is fun, so developers would actually have a reason to change said content.

BTW I think I remember you Erusculio from DDO or some other MMO. We often didn’t agree if I mind right.

Unless it was GW1, you are thinking of the wrong person.

joneb.5679

Doing something that people don’t enjoy is never the proper answer. Instead of telling a developer that they don’t need to make fun content (since people will grind through whatever), players should not play content that they don’t think is fun, so developers would actually have a reason to change said content.

Unless it was GW1, you are thinking of the wrong person.

It would be GW1 then.

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

“From my point of view, it would seem like the bulk of these changes were put in to halt/limit progression.”

Duh! The game lacked longevity and Anet saw that. So they added something to give it longevity!

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

You realise dailies are completely optional right? They’re just something extra for people to do that want to do them…

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

I find the game getting less and less grindy with each patch… Why? Well, I played here since summer, and they’ve been introducing new and extra things with each patch. I didn’t have to “grind”. In fact, Anet gave us more choices and things to do…

Take Fractals for instance. Is it really grindy? For me, that’s just an extra place to dungeon for fun and make some money/gather items to salvage/sell. What about the dailies? They made it more interesting with more variety so I don’t go around and do the same thing everyday. They added more reward options for your daily and achievement too.

If you look at it, they’re giving us more rewards and ways to play compared to when GW2 first came out.

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

YEA TOTALLY HAHAHA

20% + Gold, 20% + Magic Find 15% + Karma, Infusions, totally aren’t needed but are so kitten good that it would be stupid to pass up on them.

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

This thread proves one thing – no matter what you do, there are people ready to cry about it.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Thank god you never played GW1 then. You would quit in pre-searing lol.

I didn’t know GW1 was considered hard. Sure a few points like maybe 1% of the game was hard, but in general fairly well balanced.

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

You can’t deny its true though, especially if you was an early adopter or someone who has followed the development since the early days. The turning point was with the lost shores update which is where all the problem started.

I could honestly write up a 2000 word essay on all the current problems and issues that currently plague the game. One of the biggest problems right now anet are trying to play a stalling game, slow down development of characters, slow down any progression so they can re-group and address the games greatest issues – shame that time is going to be their biggest enemy now.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Posted by: Chewie.7389

Chewie.7389

They stopped caring when they launched the game unfinished like a bunch of arrogant greedy morons, give them your money or get out

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

You realise dailies are completely optional right?

Since everything in the game is completely optional, your position is illogical.

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

ArenaNet is trying to reward people who enjoy the game, as opposed to people who grind the game.

Thanks for the laugh.

Since everything in the game is completely optional, your position is illogical.

Playing the game at all is completely optional, as I’ve personally discovered.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Nope.

So your argument is that it’s “optional”

If that’s to be taken as correct, and don’t mistake my intent that’s NOT what I’m saying here I’m in agreement as technically everything is optional naturally. The question is simply why are we not being given MORE options that players are asking for as opposed to just a lot of the same old garbage?

Why is it that changes which are even marginally considered improvements, a million miles away from what many seem to feel is NEEDED to stop them from taking you up on your offer, and choosing to just feed the game to the dogs and abandon it?
Because whilst I’m sure you’re of the type that wouldn’t give one iota of a care about those players as they don’t really affect you directly, that same can’t be said when it comes to those who are in charge of the game surely? and if not, then why should ANY of us give a crap about A-Net or NCsoft or whatever other publishing and development company gets their finger in the mmo pie?

If they don’t care about their player retention then why should any of us care one iota enough to spend a single dime on this game?

But honestly, I think I’d just settle for being answered when I ask, “why those kinds of random chance garbage items in a CASH shop” outside of players jumping the gun and saying “cos NEXON”

And just cos this kinda rubbish leaps out at me immediately as irrational:

This thread proves one thing – no matter what you do, there are people ready to cry about it.

And for every one person who has issues there’s one guy standing there in a A-Net T-shirt shouting “omg you guise stop crying they love each and every one of us all like their own children, isn’t that right colin doll? (strokes his smiling colin doll)”

You see kids shedding tears, I see dissatisfied customers, which do you think makes more sense from a business point of view?? :/

Irony…. xD

(edited by Hellkaiser.6025)

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

Those “random chance garbage items” have always been in the shop for a long time. It’s not like you HAVE to get a black lion key…

Also, how can you say they don’t care about making GW2 better? They’ve been keeping up with patches and fixing things and adding content, and that’s a pretty good dang job they’ve done. All my friends think the same too, and we liked most of the things they added (minus the random bugs that you get here and there with patches, but that’s not that bad).

I could write a pretty long counter but… I’m not sure if anyone would bother reading it, and some won’t change their views.

They’re not going to please every single type of gamer out there. It’s not possible lol. But I can definitely say they’ve made grind less by giving us more ways to get to a certain point or certain thing.

Posted by: Mr Crazy Moose.5760

Mr Crazy Moose.5760

I’m reminded of that interview where they said that gear which takes thousands of hours to get wouldn’t be superior.

I’d hate to imagine how many days a full set of ascended gear will take to buy with laurels.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Even if you don’t like a specific daily achievement, They are all so easy and quick to do that it’s ridiculous to complain about it being grindy, It took me no time at all to complete it.

Sorry but if you can’t take 10 seconds to craft some items and 5 minutes to kill some mobs you might as well not play the game at all since you wouldn’t have time to do anything within it regardless.

You can get items far more reliably now, less RNG is less mindless grind and it will push down prices on the TP making things easier to obtain. Now you can work towards things in a more guaranteed way with Laurels and if you don’t want to do dailies you can still get gold to buy it on TP. Yet still people complain?

Next people will start to demand everything is just handed to them… Come on…!

As for ascended gear they always stated it would be between exotic and legendary tier wise, it’s not going to be as easy to obtain as exotics but they will be adding more ways of getting ascended gear in the long run. This is just one more way.

Give it time, it’s only a few extra stat increases compared to exotics which wont make a huge difference and the only area where it matters in game currently is in high level fractals.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

Those “random chance garbage items” have always been in the shop for a long time. It’s not like you HAVE to get a black lion key…

Also, how can you say they don’t care about making GW2 better? They’ve been keeping up with patches and fixing things and adding content, and that’s a pretty good dang job they’ve done. All my friends think the same too, and we liked most of the things they added (minus the random bugs that you get here and there with patches, but that’s not that bad).

I could write a pretty long counter but… I’m not sure if anyone would bother reading it, and some won’t change their views.

They’re not going to please every single type of gamer out there. It’s not possible lol. But I can definitely say they’ve made grind less by giving us more ways to get to a certain point or certain thing.

You don’t “have” to put a coin in a slot machine and pull the lever, but people do it and in some cases ruin their lives over it and that is just a sad fact of life, if you pay real cash then at least let it be for something that isn’t “zomg random chance limited edition” it’s my ONE biggest bone of contention with asian MMO games and I take a HUGE issue with them existing in this game, it should have been lost in translation and we’ve seen BETTER results from non random items for cash, in shops outside of “B2W” items etc. No I don’t have to do it, that doesn’t mean that I can’t stand against it existing for obvious reasons. Or am I wrong to think that this is a horrid way of preying on those with less sense?

My “question” about them “not wanting to make GW2 better” wasn’t a statement, I don’t KNOW if they want to make the game better because a lot of the issues that players have are STILL THERE and aren’t “bugs” or “exploits” they’re just lazily designed game aspects or potentially problematic ones that aren’t even necessary. The only statement I make here is that “I don’t know” is the operative and that worries me, I had a little bit of faith in A-Net and like most gamers and consumers I’m always willing to live and let live, unless I feel ignored and see others being ignored then I just become disillusioned and start asking “why”

If you like stuff then I’m not one to judge, but it still could be a lot better and I can’t make you see that any sooner than you can suddenly change my dislike for what many correctly ascertain is “nickel and dime” items which are the crux of MANY a horrid and exploitative cash shop, and a game that punishes you for wanting to progress beyond “hey you’re 80! game’s over so get out or repeat it all ad tedium if you want anything else”

As for your counter, Provided it’s not along the same tired lines of “skill beats mf’s loss in stats” or “you can leave the game if you don’t like it hur hur” or based on an ignorance is bliss rationale. Then I’d love to read it and I’d LOVE to be proven wrong, I know that it’s not all doom and gloom but when you don’t ANSWER the burning questions they become BIGGER problems and that’s where we’re at now. We’re focused on the issues because of the lack of communication on them and any old horse manure won’t do at this point. Look at the “perceived” droprate decrease thread to see patronizing and borderline insulting responses, I agree with the doom mongers for a change, this game is one bad update from hitting Diablo 3 levels of melt-down and I’m sorry if this offends fans of this game, a state of mind of which I so desperately am trying to cling to myself. But It’s going to be DESERVED.

Irony…. xD