Good Bye Named Skins? Was this intentional?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

Q:

Any Dev pls answer.

Was it intentional to take away the names of weapons based on the skin appearance and make the name based off the stats?

Is this a bug that will be fixed eventually or just part of the way things will go from here out?

I cant even untransmute them anymore. I have so many weapons/ skins.

IE a partial list:

1. My beautiful Wings of Dwayna that i worked hard for – Now called Berserker’s Bandit Longbow of Bloodlust !!

2. Mjolnir!! I love it so much and am so proud to have crafted this amazing weapon. Just for this weapon i crafted 500 weaponsmith and transmuted it with an ascended hammer to be a super leet Pink Mjolnir. . . . . I’m so upset it’s now called Zojja’s War Hammer. My hammer has lost so much appeal now. Zojja < Thor

3. My amazing Light of Dwayna back piece – Now called Beta Fractal Capacitor (Infused) . . .

4. My really cool Tormented shield! Had to have it soon as it came out. My favorite weapon from GW1 !! – Now called . . . Guild Defender. . . .

5. Dreamthistle Axe. My memories of one of my favorite living story events! I just had to get something to remind me of the tower of nightmares!!! – It’s now called a Molten Axe . . ?

5. Really cool Horns of the Dragon!! Thank you so much for this skin .. – Now called Devon’s Helm . . . :’’(

6. Love Halloween! who doesn’t! Had to have the Grinning Gourd Rifle! It’s soo awesome! – Unfortunately for me it’s now called Rifle of Dragon’s Deep

7. Zodiac Warhorn!! So awesome. It’s Hilarious ! I had to have it! . . . – Now called an Inquest Warhorn. . . It loses it’s Zodiac feel now. .

8. Ilex of Agony. . .My favorite sword in the game.. I’m glad i never transmuted it now!!

9. All of my great T3 armor sets that i worked so hard to get. .. .all junk names IE. . Heavy Aurora Breastplate ..
10. My Zodiac armor set isn’t even called Zodiac anymore . .

I feel like this might have been unintentional but who knows? I believe this only because to buy gem store skins and they lose there name immediately after use doesn’t make sense to me.

Any inside on this would be gratefully appreciated !

Keep up the great work!

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

A:

Stefan, you might not be the right person to ask it, but…

Could you tell us if this problem (transmuted weapons receiving name from stats item and not skin item) is a temporary bug or an intended change? We, the aesthetics-driven people, are really saddened by this change and would appreciate any official news. Thanks!

Hi Lishtenbird,

Yes, this isn’t the correct forum. But I went ahead and inquired internally here to someone who might know. In short, this can be considered a bug, but one that is not easy or fast to fix. There is a desire to address this along with some other improvements to the tool tips of transmuted items. But there is no ETA for this.

As to any ETA for other API releases, unfortunately I don’t have one right now either.

Thanks all!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/api/skins-json-and-skin-details-json/first#post3924868

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

1. My beautiful Wings of Dwayna that i worked hard for – Now called Berserker’s Bandit Longbow of Bloodlust !!

But Beserker’s Bandit Longbow of Bloodlust is such a beautiful name!

Shame to hear about this btw, but I did find it slightly amusing.
Sorry man

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

Posted by: Sithis.3564

Sithis.3564

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Transmuted-Names-REDO/first

Bigger topic about the same thing. There is a reply somewhere on the forum that they know about this issue.

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

As long as i know this was not their intent and they will eventually figure it out. I’m cool with that. I love the new wardrobe system.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Stefan, you might not be the right person to ask it, but…

Could you tell us if this problem (transmuted weapons receiving name from stats item and not skin item) is a temporary bug or an intended change? We, the aesthetics-driven people, are really saddened by this change and would appreciate any official news. Thanks!

Hi Lishtenbird,

Yes, this isn’t the correct forum. But I went ahead and inquired internally here to someone who might know. In short, this can be considered a bug, but one that is not easy or fast to fix. There is a desire to address this along with some other improvements to the tool tips of transmuted items. But there is no ETA for this.

As to any ETA for other API releases, unfortunately I don’t have one right now either.

Thanks all!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/api/skins-json-and-skin-details-json/first#post3924868

Ah, I was wondering too because I miss my Chritophobia of battle.

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

The reason for the new names is because you used the skin on another weapon/armor. What the wardrobe does is use the skin (which is the correct name for that), but it keeps the original name of the armor/weapon.

For example if you had a fractals back pack and put wings of Dwayna on it still retains the name of the original item. If you only used those wings from the wardrobe and never salvaged them then check your equipment tab it will be on one of your characters.

What it looks like is you wanted the skins on your existing equipment so unless you have salvaged some or all of that stuff look at the skins in the wardrobe it will show the true names of the items.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

As long as i know this was not their intent and they will eventually figure it out. I’m cool with that. I love the new wardrobe system.

Did you read their reply? What they’re really saying is they’re not going to fix it.