Live Stream cancelled

Live Stream cancelled

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

All of us who were expecting the live stream to happen. Well, it’s been cancelled. I think, I’m sorry to say, I am not surprised.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

Live Stream cancelled

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

GW2Guru announcement

Since the page seems to be responding extremely poorly for me, here’s an excerpt as to the why:

What happened?
To secure uptime and reliability on the stream I had two connections setup so that if one went down I could immediately connect to the other and continue the stream.

And now, it all sounds good but what went wrong? For the first 15 minutes I were attempting to connect to our stream through my connection 1, and every time we went online it would get shut down by a massive amount of requests. How do I know this was DDOS? I had prepared my ISP for this as they are a rather small company they quickly noticed the increased requests and called me within a few minutes of the first shut-down asking what was happening. Sadly they do not have the capabilities to handle this and decided to simply shut-down my connection 1.

Sounds like they’re still recording a talk on the backup connection and will try replay it later.

Live Stream cancelled

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

All of us who were expecting the live stream to happen. Well, it’s been cancelled. I think, I’m sorry to say, I am not surprised.

And by canceled you mean the stream broke so it can’t be shown live, but an upload is coming supposedly tonight or tomorrow.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Live Stream cancelled

in PvP

Posted by: YojimboJones.6243

YojimboJones.6243

Was really looking forward to this, along with many others I’m sure. Oh well, hopefully we will have some info in the next 24hrs.

Yojimbo Jones: Norn Warrior
Niv Wizzet: Asura Engineer
[EMP] – Jade Quarry

Live Stream cancelled

in PvP

Posted by: Frozire.4972

Frozire.4972

Hey,

First allow me to apologize for not being able to stream it tonight. We managed to get the footage recorded locally and is uploading it right now! Expect this video to be up very soon!

Note: I will update you guys with the link.

Lead PvP Content Developer @ GuildWars2Guru.com

Live Stream cancelled

in PvP

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

Hey,

First allow me to apologize for not being able to stream it tonight. We managed to get the footage recorded locally and is uploading it right now! Expect this video to be up very soon!

Awesome, thanks for the update Frozire!

And don’t sweat it about the “failure”. It happens and is kind of expected. No great loss since you managed to get it up so fast.

Live Stream cancelled

in PvP

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

Hey,

Hey man, sorry some jerk DDOS’d you, thanks for all you are doing!

Live Stream cancelled

in PvP

Posted by: Jestersmiles.4365

Jestersmiles.4365

Thanks for asking about GvG, for a second thought no one was going to ask about it, oh wait….

“Thank you for rezzing me”- Thankful Stranger
“Np, it part of the Job :) " – Proud Guardian.

Live Stream cancelled

in PvP

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

DDOSing a live stream, now that’s just rude!