Hero Banners Usual Locations?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

Remember the days you could go to LA or DR and usually find a hero’s banner just sitting there because some overly friendly and awesome guild dropped it to help others? Well, you don’t see those much anymore or I’m just looking in the wrong place. So, is there a defacto location these days people drop banners? I know there are some dropped before major world bosses especially Teq, I’m looking for spots, like before, where people would drop them out of the goodness of their own heart.

Thanks!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sometimes I find them in the Terrace. Otherwise, I see them near events or here and there in cities, etc.

Good luck.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

They screwed it up with the change on how guilds could get them to give out. They screwed over small guilds and made it too hard to for them t pass on the banners.
I rarely put them out anymore. Just another reason why the game isn’t as popular anymore.

Posted by: Artorius.6178

Artorius.6178

From what I understand they’ve become harder to get, and naturally, when something is harder to get, people have less of it, and will be less likely to just pop one.

Luciana Aventius – Ranger – Gandara

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ll echo what the others have said. I have a storage guild where I got the 4 basic banners unlocked, and I used to toss them up whenever I felt like being helpful. I had no problem with converting gems to gold, then gold to Influence (that’s what it was, right?) to buy banners to put up for people. Support the game, and make it a nicer place for my fellow players.

Can’t do that now. I have a bunch of banners in storage, but I find myself asking “Is this moment/event worth it?” And I usually just hold on to them, waiting for an even better moment that may never come, because I don’t know how well I can do at getting more of them.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Yes this makes me very sad as well, I have a solo guild just me in it and I used to be able to make banners, now I can’t. Seems like everything we enjoy just keeps getting taken away from us.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Same. I used to put up banners from my personal guild on occasion. Now that I can’t make new ones any more, the few I have I’m holding on to. Scarcity makes them too valuable to use on impulse.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Many may not notice but hero banner is very cheap to buy with guild commendations.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Just a flesh wound.3589

Many may not notice but hero banner is very cheap to buy with guild commendations.

It’s 3 commendations. Which is a fair amount since you only get so many each week.

Personally though, since I want to craft a full set of Shimmering and Tenebrous weapons, each of which cost 4 to 7 commendations, I simply don’t have the spare commendations to buy banners.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

^just want to add that it’s 3 commendations for 3 banners. I find it’s a good value compared to crafting.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

^just want to add that it’s 3 commendations for 3 banners. I find it’s a good value compared to crafting.

But compared to the old way of earning banners, not so much.
The guild changes were one of the so called improvements that I disliked the most. It made it difficult for a small tight group. It’s just an aspect of the game I ignore now.

Just a flesh wound.3589

And then there are the mini pets from the guild vendor that require large number of commendations also. If you’re a mini pet collector and a weapon skin collector, it will be a long time before you have a commendation to spare to casually put down a banner.

ANet may give it to you.