Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Personal Favorite is Dancing in Lich form

also I think my Flesh Golem swallowed a Baby drake lol

April Fools: Bobble Heads

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Wow….. so much negative. This extremely mild compared to some of the things done, and quite humorous to watch. Some of you people are are way too uptight.

Just because some of us would like an option to turn it off, and so we gave feedback to devs for the next time they do something like this, it doesn’t mean we’re all upset and negative. I’m not upset, i just don’t get it why they tought not including a turn off option would be a good idea.

It’s for one day.

You realize the amount of time to code a disable, test it, and push it would take longer than just dealing with it for the day? They have better things to do than waste time and effort on that.

Besides, it wasn’t you I was aiming at. Interesting that you felt the need to respond though. Psychologists would call that defensiveness a direct result of feeling guilty…

chuckle

So it’s ok to put bobbleheads for one day, but putting an “turn off” option would be a waste of their time and effort?

And i’m not interested in your diagnostics. It’s a forum and we are free to talk about the game.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I simply don’t understand why people are getting so worked up over this.

Take a deep breath; it’s a joke in the spirit of April Fools and will come to pass shortly.

It’s a cool joke – I give them that, but a prank lasting one entire day sucks. Imagine your friend doing a prank on you continuously for the entire day. It transforms from funny to annoying, unless you’re a masochist or something.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Take a deep breath; it’s a joke in the spirit of April Fools and will come to pass shortly.

It’s a cool joke – I give them that, but a prank lasting one entire day sucks. Imagine your friend doing a prank on you continuously for the entire day. It transforms from funny to annoying, unless you’re a masochist or something.

It’s only a day.

This is a video game, not real life.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Pastry.4915

Pastry.4915

Personal favorite – Find a moose in game.

Someone share a screenie! Sadly, I’m stuck at work and must enjoy this vicariously through all of you. (Not even sure I’ll even be able to get on tonight to enjoy this!)

Share, share, share!

Moose: http://puu.sh/7S1Gi.jpg

Moa: http://puu.sh/7S1Dw.jpg

Moa is probably my favorite so far.

Level 80 – One of Everything

Posted by: SirMorgenStar.6721

SirMorgenStar.6721

Wow….. so much negative. This extremely mild compared to some of the things done, and quite humorous to watch. Some of you people are are way too uptight.

Just because some of us would like an option to turn it off, and so we gave feedback to devs for the next time they do something like this, it doesn’t mean we’re all upset and negative. I’m not upset, i just don’t get it why they tought not including a turn off option would be a good idea.

It’s for one day.

You realize the amount of time to code a disable, test it, and push it would take longer than just dealing with it for the day? They have better things to do than waste time and effort on that.

Besides, it wasn’t you I was aiming at. Interesting that you felt the need to respond though. Psychologists would call that defensiveness a direct result of feeling guilty…

chuckle

So it’s ok to put bobbleheads for one day, but putting an “turn off” option would be a waste of their time and effort?

It’s a prank. Pranks should not be optional.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Wonder what the average age, or general maturity, of the playerbase is?

Your condescending comment wasn’t necessary or wanted. People are different, not better or worse than others. If you think it’s “mature” of you to dislike this joke, so be it, but no need to rub it off on others calling them immature.

I didn’t mean to attack you, but your comment is actually very offensive, because many mature people can and will like whatever they please, regardless age (much like I wouldn’t call anyone liking Quaggan backpacks-which I don’t even like or use-“immature.”)

Be like me, like what I like, or else be immature is how your post came off.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It’s for one day.

chuckle

And i’m not interested in your diagnostics. It’s a forum and we are free to talk about the game.

It’s April Fool’s day. This is a tradition. They prank you for one day. You endure it (cause I mean seriously, it’s not that bad), have some fun with it, and carry on. Considering a lot of AF stuff is done off the clock, not as part of official development (usually), I think it’s pretty nifty that they like their game that much to do something like that. So of course it doesn’t have an off button. My point was that to do it now would be a waste of resources that could be better spent elsewhere. Bah such a stick in the mud.

Besides, other’s have pointed out that simply logging all the way out, and back in works to shut it off. Others have also stated that rolling your PC ahead 24 hours works as well. (I’m stuck at work, can’t verify for you) Try that.

As for my diagnostics, I simply said I found it funny. Unruffle yourself.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

knives.6345

It’s only a day.

Well, some people have limited time to play so this argument really only affects people with so much time on their hands.

Again, it’s a cool prank. Only what’s cooler is that if they had an on-off switch for it.

Please don’t try to be a White Knight on ANet’s defense, I’m not saying they did a poor job – just saying it’s nice to have some options.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

How do we turn it on, my character’s head is normal size? Is the fun already over with? Was is available only in the early morning or something?

Teratus.2859

Try Re logging

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Ah yes, changing basically a couple variable ( I wouldn’t know)

I completely agree. You wouldn’t know.

Posted by: bump.2156

bump.2156

I have a fear of bobble heads. I will cry myself to sleep tonight.

Bumpin Mumpins, Poison Mumps, Bumpassin, Olivia Bumps
Henge Of Denravi
Grinding is so much better when the kitten is crying

eisberg.2379

Try Re logging

I did. Still have normal head.

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Dolly in WvW are my favorites
though Sylvan hounds really are cute
Too bad it gets off after disconnects…
I wish I could turn it back on, had no time to screen last night

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

mine disappeared after I had to log off and back in
I want to know how to get it back too

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

It’s only a day.

Well, some people have limited time to play so this argument really only affects people with so much time on their hands.

Again, it’s a cool prank. Only what’s cooler is that if they had an on-off switch for it.

Please don’t try to be a White Knight on ANet’s defense, I’m not saying they did a poor job – just saying it’s nice to have some options.

It’s funny that you call me a white knight because lord knows I have a lot of issues with how ANet runs this game and I’ve definitely vocalized a few of them.

However, this harmless joke is not one of them. I’m beginning to think that the “ermahgerd mah character is so oogly halp” spam is the real prank. Thank you ANet

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Syndic.6198

Syndic.6198

Well, I got home looking forward to a few hours of playing. This nice game, where I customized my characters with great care to look just like I like them.

This game I played quite a bit already, so most my reactions to attacks are executed semi-automatically when I see certain visual cues. You know, cues I can’t see with these huge heads.

I don’t mind an april fools prank if it’s just a minor or short-term annoyance. Some can even be quite funny. But pretty much forcing me to find something else to do for several hours when I was really looking forward to playing GW2 is not quite there.

And no, I can’t take a step back and just enjoy it. This looks just wrong, stopped being funny (to me) after a few minutes, and irritates me all the time while I try to play, so instead of relaxing I get into a bad mood. So all I can do is to take a step back and not play, and get annoyed at that.

That being said, does anyone have a clue when this will be over? Can I maybe log in after a few hours of whatever and enjoy the game again or is it until midnight… UTC? EST? something-something timezone?

Well, this was funny…

Now I’d like to play without that huge head getting in my way… >_>

Sure, maybe it’s in the april fools spirit to annoy people, but do you really have to annoy them for hours with the SAME joke?

Why don’t you just take a step back and enjoy it for one day? Do you lose so much?

eisberg.2379

Well, I got home looking forward to a few hours of playing. This nice game, where I customized my characters with great care to look just like I like them.

This game I played quite a bit already, so most my reactions to attacks are executed semi-automatically when I see certain visual cues. You know, cues I can’t see with these huge heads.

I don’t mind an april fools prank if it’s just a minor or short-term annoyance. Some can even be quite funny. But pretty much forcing me to find something else to do for several hours when I was really looking forward to playing GW2 is not quite there.

And no, I can’t take a step back and just enjoy it. This looks just wrong, stopped being funny (to me) after a few minutes, and irritates me all the time while I try to play, so instead of relaxing I get into a bad mood. So all I can do is to take a step back and not play, and get annoyed at that.

That being said, does anyone have a clue when this will be over? Can I maybe log in after a few hours of whatever and enjoy the game again or is it until midnight… UTC? EST? something-something timezone?

Well, this was funny…

Now I’d like to play without that huge head getting in my way… >_>

Sure, maybe it’s in the april fools spirit to annoy people, but do you really have to annoy them for hours with the SAME joke?

Why don’t you just take a step back and enjoy it for one day? Do you lose so much?

apparently just exiting the game and logging back in makes the bobble head disappear. At least you got to see the bobble head, I haven’t been able to see it on my characters at all, and I want to be a part of the fun.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Personal favorite – Find a moose in game.

Someone share a screenie! Sadly, I’m stuck at work and must enjoy this vicariously through all of you. (Not even sure I’ll even be able to get on tonight to enjoy this!)

Share, share, share!

Moose: http://puu.sh/7S1Gi.jpg

Moa: http://puu.sh/7S1Dw.jpg

Moa is probably my favorite so far.

rofl! ty!

I want them both, as physical bobbleheads to put on my dashboard! They’d go wonderfully with my minions (think fuzzy dice hanging from a rear view mirror, just swap in 2 minions from Despicable Me grin )

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Rebel.5827

Rebel.5827

You are lucky, my toons still look like bobbleheads. Where is the off switch?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I’ve nothing against people that like this. Good for your. They can sell this as a permanent feature in gem store for all I care. But personally In my opinion there should be an option to somehow disable it.
Personally I find it ridiculously stupid looking and I can’t play the game with it.
I didn’t play Super Adventure Box “joke” last year, not even once, not even in September, and I don’t want to be forced to play under this “joke” not even one day.

eisberg.2379

You are lucky, my toons still look like bobbleheads. Where is the off switch?

Don’t consider myself lucky, I want the bobblehead, I want to be a part of the fun. Anyways, sounds like just exiting the game completely, then starting the game again makes the bobblehead go away. Wish the same was true to turn it on though.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Karka is my favorite so far….that and the spider pets.

Morrigan.2809

Wonder what the average age, or general maturity, of the playerbase is?

maturity has nothing to do with age.
I am 42, how old are you?

My real life is often very serious, if having fun in a game makes me immature, I really don’t care.

It is fine if you don’t like it- you are welcome not to.
Just as it is fine for us to enjoy the joke

btw I had to disconnect and now my head is gone- I wish I could get it back
but in your case -just log out completely and then back in- you should be fixed

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I thought asura were already disproportionate, but even moreso now.

Also check out a charr with hellfire helm. =) In a charr squad…

Attachments:

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Owls are my favorite so far. The facial expression along with the twitchy head movement makes it.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Awesome job Anet.

You’ve had my entire server laughing for hours over this.

knives.6345

It’s only a day.

It’s funny that you call me a white knight because lord knows I have a lot of issues with how ANet runs this game and I’ve definitely vocalized a few of them.

However, this harmless joke is not one of them. I’m beginning to think that the “ermahgerd mah character is so oogly halp” spam is the real prank. Thank you ANet

All we’re asking is a fair deal. If people like it, turn it on. If people don’t, turn it off.
I am sure it’s already late for that and whatnot, but a simple planning could have easily included that – not like they coded and tested this before they went home last night.

I know, world is not fair, but if we could make it closer to “fair” – that would be awesome. And again, like you said, it’s a video game, not real world – things could be worked out easily.

Hopefully next time they implement something like this, give us options. tnx.

Posted by: Feothyr.6072

Feothyr.6072

Hmm. Weird. Everything looks normal for me … Oo Anyone got a guess on why?

Goroth – Necro | Valea – Mesmer
Naneth – Guardian | Brannoc Oakbark – Ranger
Is all that we see or seem just a dream within a dream?

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Karka is my favorite so far….that and the spider pets.

Went to go check the Karka and found this scary lil’ dude. :o

edit; and the dolphins turned into somekinda sea scrab. o.o

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

eisberg.2379

It’s only a day.

Exi

All we’re asking is a fair deal. If people like it, turn it on. If people don’t, turn it off.
I am sure it’s already late for that and whatnot, but a simple planning could have easily included that – not like they coded and tested this before they went home last night.

I know, world is not fair, but if we could make it closer to “fair” – that would be awesome. And again, like you said, it’s a video game, not real world – things could be worked out easily.

Exit the game completely, then start the game up again, and the big head will be gone. There is an off switch, but they failed to put in an on switch.

Posted by: Syndic.6198

Syndic.6198

Logging out and back in (or changing maps, or changing characters…) doesn’t remove it for me, sadly. Can we trade? I’ll give you my inability to get rid of it for your inability to get it back

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

whoever thought this was a good idea should be fired for being a pillock and not understanding the point ……(yada yada yada)

I think people calling for people to loose their lively-hood over something harmless like this should have their account perma-banned…..see how that works?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Morrigan.2809

Logging out and back in (or changing maps, or changing characters…) doesn’t remove it for me, sadly. Can we trade? I’ll give you my inability to get rid of it for your inability to get it back

oh oh I got it back!
I logged out again and while it doesn’t shoe on the character screen in game it goes spoing!

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Hmm. Weird. Everything looks normal for me … Oo Anyone got a guess on why?

Port somewhere. That turned it back on for me.

And again, great job Anet. Three bobble head mesmer clones chasing a bobble head moa is hilarious to watch.

Love a game that isnt afraid to do something like this.

Posted by: Rebel.5827

Rebel.5827

It’s only a day.

Exi

Exit the game completely, then start the game up again, and the big head will be gone. There is an off switch, but they failed to put in an on switch.

I’ve tried re-logging into the game. All I can figure is that the bobbleheads are on a rolling cancelation, because mine still have the fat heads.

Morrigan.2809

@eisberg.2379

have you actually gone ingame or are you still just on character screen?
The reason I ask is because mine is back.

I logged out again and while they look normal in the character screen once you get in game they pop on again

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

@op

this works for me, run the game with the command line “-nosound”

You shortcut should look something like “C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -nosound"

here’s more info on how to do this:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

(edited by Izaya.2906)

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

noooo My heads are gone- how do I get them back?
I had to log out btw- am I out of luck?

Logging out and in seems to turn this on and off @ least for me.

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

What I don’t understand is, why is it when people come to the forums to explain how something new/changed in game effects them in a MEDICAL way (Headaches, motion sickness, vertigo, etc) everyone jumps their beck, hollering that they are ‘party poopers’ or ‘have no sense of humour’. That just isn’t kind or fair. Where is your compassion, your humanity? …Oh wait, this is the net…

Personally, heh, it’s slightly funny for April Fools. But, I can’t play it due to the way the head moves (Motion sickness) and the disproportion (I have a bad case of ocd, yes, diagnosed.) So, I won’t be playing. It would be nice to turn it off, but since I can’t and don’t want to fiddle with my system date or log in and out all day, I’m just not going to play. But I’d like Anet to know they should think of those of us with issues like these.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Posted by: Niyati.4215

Niyati.4215

Hmm, i logged in 20min ago and didn’t see any bobbleheads. maybe random while logging on.

Morrigan.2809

noooo My heads are gone- how do I get them back?
I had to log out btw- am I out of luck?

Logging out and in seems to turn this on and off @ least for me.

thanks it worked for me too logged out and back in and they are back- whoo hoo!
wobbles off into the sunset….

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

My Sylvari ele : )

Hahah, she looks so shocked!

Teratus.2859

I didn’t take many screens

Attachments:

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Hmm, i logged in 20min ago and didn’t see any bobbleheads. maybe random while logging on.

It seems to toggle on and off with each login. If you don’t see them, close the game and then restart. If you don’t want to see them, do the same.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

My Sylvari ele : )

^ One of the best screenshots I’ve seen so far, haha!

Someone needs to do the a female human with the /laugh emote.

Posted by: Saylu.8271

Saylu.8271

@op

this works for me, run the game with the command line “-nosound”

You shortcut should look something like “C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -nosound"

here’s more info on how to do this:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Let me personally thank you for this.

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

Looked around the forums. Could not find a page for people to share their bobblehead screens (and im sure there are many like me who have taken tons of screens already!) so here’s a place to put screens of your best bobbleheads!

NOTE: To forum moderators, please move this if this is not the correct subforum for this. I do not see another forum in which this thread would work. Thanks!

Working on my jumping puzzle monthly with a gigantic asura head… oh well. Bigger skull = more brain room for the Asura master race!

Attachments:

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

(edited by Zakk.2468)