I Miss Costume Brawl & Jumping Puzzles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I miss the variety of the old Dailies.

With the community hub destroyed, and without the incentive of a nice variety of Daily achievements, I almost never see anybody Costume Brawling anymore. I didn’t love costume brawl, but it was a nice diversion every now and then from the usual. It is quite a chore now to get people to gather for a short bout.

And without the incentive of the Monthly Puzzle Jumper, I don’t even think about them anymore. It wasn’t my favorite activity, but it was a nice change of pace and it did help me get better at them.

Activities? (Keg Brawl / Crab Toss / Southsun Survival / Sanctum Sprint) It was bad enough when they dropped them to one a day. But now we only see them in the dailies about once a week, so attendance is at an all time low.

The plea for the return of more variety again in our Dailies went unheeded, and we continue to lose “flavor” from the world.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I still see people Costume Brawl frequently around the Mystic Forge in LA …

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I haven’t done dailies since they changed them. I miss the old dailies in general. I do the wvw ones sometimes but the others I don’t do anymore.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I too miss the Daily Costume Brawl. I love costume braw and it seems anet seems to be forgetting about it.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Yes. I’m generally in favour of the idea of the new system, but the pool of possible choices is far, far too small.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yes. I’m generally in favour of the idea of the new system, but the pool of possible choices is far, far too small.

Completely agree. I’d like to see more variation over the month and maybe randomized each month.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Agree, I wouldn’t mind seeing the jumping puzzles re-added to the daily list. Wouldn’t mind the daily list being expanded either to 4 or 5 activities per type to allow people more variety in activities.

+1 here.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Thought jumping puzzles were removed because of too many people abusing them, parking characters by the reward containers.

Better off keeping those out of dailies.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Thought jumping puzzles were removed because of too many people abusing them, parking characters by the reward containers.

Better off keeping those out of dailies.

I don’t see the logic behind that. I guess Daily Mystic Forge should be removed because I might have a character there already. And Daily vistas. And daily forager / logger / miner.

None of the dailies are hard or require you to do much of anything besides the bosses and Fractals. They’re just meant to be little things you can do to get a little bonus each day. If someone wants to park a character next to a JP on the off chance the JP daily might pop that day then so be it.

Posted by: Aiuris.9861

Aiuris.9861

I like the new daily system, and I like the new daily options (orr forager, never thought there would be a orr daily), but I do miss the old dailies as well. I don’t see how to fix it though; wvw and pvp dailies don’t have much variety at all, while pve daily always seems to have something different. Costume brawl and JPs are pve, that would only make the daily pve pool larger.

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

The new daily’s are good at getting players to go to area’s they don’t normally visit. So I agree they could add jumping puzzle dailies, more world boss ones. and others like costume brawl outside of seasonal events.