[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Roxhemar.6039

Roxhemar.6039

The wizard hat is the best hat ever, only it makes one horribly bald which isn’t a problem if you are an Asura…but any other profession it looks a bit funky and loses it’s flair, we’ve already been given the option to dye the Wizard hat? Any possible chance at making it so hair shows under it?

I’m not sure how many people this actually bothers, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to try and get some response.

I’m also not sure how much of a process editing the model itself would be so that is is achievable for every race in the game as i’m not a game designer or art nor’ will I pretend to be.

(edited by Roxhemar.6039)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s the big reason I don’t wear that hat or the celebration cap. But I guess it would be a problem to put a hair style on it that fits 5 different races and both sexes.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: OanSur.4590

OanSur.4590

I did get the Soul River Glider as part of the bundle. I used it for a while thought it was cool, until I noticed the animation. Little dudes running…. when I first got it, thought it was different, thought it looked like waves. But then I looked at really close, I have not been able to use it since, the figures running now distract me. Prefer the classic looking glider, so switched my characters to that one.

Lol, didnt notice them, but i see them as a feature, not something bad Kinda feels like i can use it on my necro now (human souls trying to run through the river of styx into never-coming redemption… guess that was the theme of that glider)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Yeah, they started offering the gliders and outfits as seperate items after the backlash from the first couple, but never went back and did it for them.

I’d honestly really like the arbiter glider, but hell if I’m paying 2000 gems for that.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m glad they realised bundles are not popular and they’re better off offering the items separately and then a bundle with the random extras for people who want all of them.

I do wish they’d go back and offer the early bundles as separate pieces too, like you I’d buy the soul river glider on it’s own (even with little people running) but not as a bundle. It’s the only thing in there I want and it’s not worth the money.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It’s the big reason I don’t wear that hat or the celebration cap. But I guess it would be a problem to put a hair style on it that fits 5 different races and both sexes.

It’s a trivial task to smoosh in the vertices to make any current hair look like there is a hat on top of it.

The primary issue is probably focused on the fact that Anet likely doesn’t have a system coded in that can reference what hair you have normally and then load in the proper “smooshed hair” to match it when you wear a helmet/hat.

All they have is a toggle that tells the game to hide or show the hair based on whether the headgear would need it. Hence, we have circlets that show hair but the launch day baseball cap gives us a chrome dome.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Just a flesh wound.3589

It’s a trivial task to smoosh in the vertices to make any current hair look like there is a hat on top of it.

The primary issue is probably focused on the fact that Anet likely doesn’t have a system coded in that can reference what hair you have normally and then load in the proper “smooshed hair” to match it when you wear a helmet/hat.

All they have is a toggle that tells the game to hide or show the hair based on whether the headgear would need it. Hence, we have circlets that show hair but the launch day baseball cap gives us a chrome dome.

Yeah. They probably don’t want to go through each hairstyle in the game and “smoosh its vertices.” Too much trouble and not enough gain (gems) for them.

Just say to yourself when wearing it. Bald is Beautiful.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

Hats worked properly with hair early on- in beta? Unless I’m remembering wrong- which is entirely possible. (I hope someone who knows can say- I have a memory of a norn character with a hat and hair and then trying the same thing later and being annoyed that it did not work.)

edit: i’ve been told that this was helmets not clothes. i don’t know if either is right. though if they knew how to do it with helmets at one point (I’ve never enabled most headgear in game for its head item/hair deletion issues) it stands to reason it should be do-able with hats, no?

(edited by Dovienya.6597)

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

The easiest way would be to add a layer of hair around the players head inside the hat that has the same colour as the players hair. No need to design around all hair styles, just make it look like some hair is under the hat. As opposed to spontaneous baldness. Really puts me off the hat, too.

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

They added hair with the dwayna outfit, not your hair but it was ay least something.

Why not with hats like this, especially cash shop ones.

Just a flesh wound.3589

The easiest way would be to add a layer of hair around the players head inside the hat that has the same colour as the players hair. No need to design around all hair styles, just make it look like some hair is under the hat. As opposed to spontaneous baldness. Really puts me off the hat, too.

Not sure that adding a layer of hair would help. How about Sylvari with their leaf hair. Or chars that have chosen the bald option instead of hair or Charrs with their hair going down their necks.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Not sure that adding a layer of hair would help. How about Sylvari with their leaf hair. Or chars that have chosen the bald option instead of hair or Charrs with their hair going down their necks.

Wait, there’s more races than human? :O

I guess. But even so, one layer or hair/leaves and remove the neckhair on Charr (because they get no love anyway) when wearing the hat. I’d still prefer that to the baldness. Though retroactive changes to skins aren’t something to hope for, anyway, which is fine since some people may like it the way it is.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Wait, there’s more races than human? :O

I guess. But even so, one layer or hair/leaves and remove the neckhair on Charr (because they get no love anyway) when wearing the hat. I’d still prefer that to the baldness. Though retroactive changes to skins aren’t something to hope for, anyway, which is fine since some people may like it the way it is.

They added that “cloth” section to the helm part of the Dwayna’s outfit. I thought that was a good compromise. It looked rather like hair and was dye able.

http://dulfy.net/2015/06/09/gw2-dwaynas-regalia-outfit-gallery/

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

Now this can also work as in game rewards too. I am a person that likes to mix and match armor styles in games. I never use an armor set just parts of them. I am sure I am not alone in this. In Guildwars I was the same way always a mix and match set unless the entire set looked great and very few did to me.

Here is my idea, and They did it in Guildwars Eye of the North with the Dwarven style armor set. Make pieces of armor instead of full sets. This way you can get a nice piece of armor for like 400 gems that will work with any other set. Also since it takes way longer to create a full set it will take less time to create piece only and be an option for outfit style designs. In fact outfits could also be designed by the piece into armor pieces.

Attachments:

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

They have done already- think Shadow of the Dragon, Scarlet’s Armor, Toxic Armor etc.

They primarily do shoulders, gloves and headpiece (occassionally boots). This is to limit the chance of clipping betwen armour parts (chest and legs are most prone to clipping with other parts). It also helps maintain the aesthetic differences between light, medium and heavy armours.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I want hair with the ascended heavy helmet since my Charr is lion themed and I want him to look like he’s wearing a crown with a lion mane.

Posted by: Vephar.8475

Vephar.8475

Could we have a permanent effect of hearts? Like when you throw the Jar of Harpy Pheromones, hearts start floating up from your character and pop in the air.
Make it a shoulder like Nightfury or Winter’s Presence.

Just a flesh wound.3589

A suggestion. Rework tonics into outfits so people can completely transform into different things, but still be able to play and do combat with no timer. The timer and no combat use really stops tonic use.

That is, the Watchknight tonic into an outfit. The Monkey King as an outfit. Make a Tengu outfit. A Quaggan outfit. A Toy Soldier outfit. A Princess Doll outfit. A Kodan outfit.

Picture: 2 chars using the Watchknight tonic. Turn that look into an outfit instead of a tonic that’s only good for 5 minutes out of 30.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Please for the last day bring back Aviator Sun glasses!!!!

Posted by: Cherisher.9231

Cherisher.9231

Theres only 1 day left in March . The Aviator Sunglasses pls

Attachments:

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

and I want the boxing gloves! Why not give us BOTH on the last day! Please Anet?

People wanted Bunny ears they got them
People wanted Wizard hat they got them
People want Aviator Sunglasses
People want Boxing Gloves

Attachments:

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

and I want the boxing gloves! Why not give us BOTH on the last day! Please Anet? :)

People wanted Bunny ears they got them
People wanted Wizard hat they got them
People want Aviator Sunglasses
People want Boxing Gloves

Aww just for one day :( I want them too! I was also around when the wizard hat was free but didn’t pick up the bunny ears since you couldn’t wear them in combat back then so I bought them this time around.

I’m really grateful for just the llama finisher even though I also bought the chain whip sword and bunny ears from this sale too. If no Aviators and boxing gloves it’s no big, but if yes it’s a big in a good way.

Attachments:

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Theres only 1 day left in March . The Aviator Sunglasses pls

Me too man me too!

Posted by: Yakkus.8765

Yakkus.8765

Don’t hold your breath. If it is released, it’d be a welcome surprise.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

For the last day plz plz plz bring the boxing gloves!

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

^(°-°)^ Old Glasses & Boxing Gloves ^(°-°)^

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

May I have a Toy that allows me to throw SAB Cheese everywhere?
Needs to work in WvW and SAB lobby as well.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you’re not going to have April Fools in the game, maybe make and sell April Fools boxes like the aviator and bobble head boxes. This way there can be April fool yet be individual, not game wide. Maybe have a free, one day only box on April 1st and sell them at regular prices after that,

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: AzureWolf.9150

AzureWolf.9150

There are many great head pieces for sale in the Gem Store…..from glowing eyes to wizard’s hats….. What I’d gladly pay gems for is the ability to combine these head pieces with other outfits. Example, combining glowing eyes with the witch outfit? Awesome. Allowing a Necromancer to keep his/her special class mask while wearing the Count outfit….also awesome. The outfits are great…..the head pieces are great….let us combine them please I have gems waiting to be spent this way!

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Can we please get the pointy stick from Super Adventure Box as a scepter skin? It fits my main character so well.

Attachments:

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Could you guys put the hexed outfit back on the store at some point? It must have been on there when I took a break at some point. Would love to have it for my thief or ele. Get some lightning sigils for a little raiden role play!

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

I would like and would pay for the following:

Key Ring: An account bound tab (like the wallet) that holds all my “keys” (IE: Bandit Keys, Calk Acid, Crowbars, Etc). I’d be willing to pay around 800 – 1000 Gems for this.

Blue Print Bank: A series of 5 Account Bound Inventory Slots that only Hold WvW Blue Prints. I’d pay around 500 Gems for this, but I think I could be suckered into paying up to 800.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Personally I want a amazon warrior outfit a super sexy one with lots of animal fur and antler headpiece and maybe some weapons made of animal bones and fur to match. And add another dance book that lets you have all the dances from the original guild wars especially the dervish and paragon dances the collectors edition dances to those 2 would be amazing. Also maybe gem store body tattoos and jewelry that you can actually see on the character. OH we definitely need a headpiece made of flowers too.

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Id like a GPS receiver and a telescope.
GPS receiver to give me x,y,z coords of where I am , and allow me to know how far it is to somewhere else, including another player who also has a GPS.
Telescope so I can see further than the maximum LOD.

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I got this from another poster elsewhere, but since this is the time of the SAB festival, how about an 8-bit musical instrument? I believe it can be some sort of keyboard that plays all the 8-bit beeps and boops!

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

Key Ring: An account bound tab (like the wallet) that holds all my “keys” (IE: Bandit Keys, Calk Acid, Crowbars, Etc).

Key ring is a great idea. And Dwarven Keys should be account bound, not soulbound.

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

/flex from gw1

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

With a lot of Superhero movies coming out around now. Would be cool to get a few mock super hero costumes in the outfit gem store.

Some with capes even.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I know what line you’re setting up for, but no.

NCSoft had a perfectly good superhero game going, and they killed it. They decided that superheroes were not going to be a big enough thing to make it worth a CoH 2, and CoH was going to fade away. So, shortly after GW2 came out (VERY shorty), they killed CoH. One Friday morning just fired them all, and sent word that the servers would shut down in three months.

For ANet to make superhero costumes would be in the ultimate of bad taste, and would also come off as telling NCSoft that ANet feels they made a stupid mistake. Which… you know… they did, but you don’t tell that to the people above you in a company.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Wouldn’t fit into the game. If you don’t dislike hack’n’slay .. try Marvel Heroes,
i’m really happy there since nearly 4 months now ^^

And yes … i rather buy one-piece outfits there than here .. here i want armor sets
that i can mix and match.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

How about just capes?

Make our own “superheroes”.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

There’s already a spiderman costume so why not?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Capes were great in Guildwars 1..

I don’t really need Marvel in my Guildwars 2 though.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Just no.

Attachments:

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

I don’t at all see how it would be “bad taste”, superheroes are kind of a big deal right now.

Though we did just get Gwen’s clothes, so there’s your lore-appropriate super hero :P

It’s really easy to make the Ironclad look like Iron Man (I did it completely by accident when I changed outfits, even), and it’d be kinda fun to have something more straight up superhero, but… you’d want to keep it somewhat GW2 styled, so it’d just end up looking like another outfit.

Bandit outfit + bright colors looks rather super hero, too.

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

I’m not a fan of super hero stuff but to each his own. I don’t feel that any modern super hero costumes woul fit in the world of Guildwars2 but I did see some that have gotten real creative and made a combination of armor that resembles Spiderman.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Simple answer -NO!!!

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

This is gw2 right? at what point does it lose the dignity with the lore bc we have 349w34 batmans running around.
I mean we already have wings -_-

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This is gw2 right? at what point does it lose the dignity with the lore bc we have 349w34 batmans running around.
I mean we already have wings -_-

In addition to wings, we have Charr backpacks, Quaggan backpacks, weapons that shoot unicorns (which have never appeared in the lore), rainbows, etc. GW2 abandoned dignity at about the time that twerking became a thing.

So has the English language, apparently. It was sobering to learn that “twerking” was in the Firefox lexicon (i.e., no spell check underline.) …

That said, I’d not be interested in superhero themed outfits.

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

I didn’t think I would ever post in this topic as I think the direction the gemstore has taken is the biggest flaw of the game, but I also believe that suggestion could improve our experience.

Transmutation Charges are possibly the only gemstore item we can easily get by simply playing the game, and therefore I doubt many players buy some with gems. They’re really common, yet not enough to allow you to change your armor appearance at will (as in: “I’m feeling like wearing a marauder coat this week, next week I’ll be likely to wear cultural armor, etc”).

We have come to this paradox: you don’t have to buy them with gems for one-time changes (get your lvl 80 armor and give it the appearance you want once), but they would also be too expensive for something as trivial as changing his armor at will. I don’t have the numbers, Anet does, but I would bet Transmutation Charges are one of the items they sell the least.

Here is my idea: let us exchange 5 Transmutation Charges for a Coat-Hanger (*). Once consumed, it would turn our currently equipped armor into an Outfit (with weight restrictions). Everybody would be happy: you would start selling more charges, and we would be allowed to change our armor as we feel.

(*) 5 charges doesn’t seem a lot, but keep in mind we also have to transmute the armor first, so that would actually be 5+6=11 charges per set.