I was guild leader and I'm now the lowest ranking member

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

This is a sad and serious matter, at least for me and all should have a read. It’s a bit long but it’ll only take a few minutes of your time and you may find the information of some value.
Unintentional error has caused me immeasurable upset and I’m having a hard time dealing with it. About a week ago, I was having a bad day, game crash after crash and in between, people sending me messages, keeping me distracted. Amid all of this, an officer in my guild, of which I am the founding leader, suggested I create some fun titles for the members. I’ve never tried this before, but thought why not and decided to give it a try.
Before I go on, I think I need to give you some background here so you understand what this means to me and why it has affected me so. I’ve played gw1 for number of years and eagerly awaited gw2 release. The moment it was available, I pre-purchased it and began playing on BWE1 and then the 3-day head start. I had all the char and guild names planned out and could hardly wait for it to go live. Due to my time zone, I had to stay up all night to be one of the first to log on and reserve the names I wanted. I was so excited when I finally registered my guild and it was accepted.
My original thought was to create a small guild for myself and a few friends, a place we could call home, but when the game went live, there were so many people I decided to invite a few. Before I knew it, I had 40+ members. Soon though, they began to drop off, or log in occasionally. Up to now, I have kept the numbers roughly the same, but some haven’t logged on for a long time. It’s hard to tell, since we don’t have the “last logged” information available. In the end, it’s been mostly me and my 8 alts that have earned the influence for the guild and through sheer hard work I’ve managed to get many upgrades for my small guild.
Now back to the topic. Considering the acronym of my guild is (GOD), the officer in question suggested I give myself a new title Godess and for him, a War Marshall. We’ve been playing WvW lately so it made sense he wanted that title. I laughed and said ok, sure why not, thinking we would all get a nice nickname added to our names. The moment I took on that Godess title, was the moment everything fell apart. Suddenly, all permissions in the guild went grey and I realized, I had lost access to my guild. My first thought was, with all the crashes I’ve been having, it must be a glitch. To add to my woes, the game crashes again just then and I’m like freaking out, as I still hadn’t figured out what went wrong.
When I logged back in, my worst fears were realized. It wasn’t a glitch at all. In fact, I was the lowest member in my guild! So in a matter of seconds, I went from being the Guild Leader, to the lowest ranking member! Now there’s a cruel joke for you if you ever heard one, right? So I’m staring at this guild panel, feeling kind of giddy, when my eye catches a glimpse of the Leader tag about half way down the list of members. Until I saw that, it still hadn’t sunk in I wasn’t the Leader any more. A member that has been inactive for a long time, now has the Guild Leader tag! Is this really possible? How did this happen? Why is he the leader? Who made him the leader? I had so many questions and no answers.
I was so confused and distressed by all this and still am. I didn’t know what to do and still don’t, but after discussing it with the officer who suggested this in the first place, I finally figured out what had happened. I created this title but didn’t give it any permission before accepting it. When I took on the title, it replaced my Guild Leader rank with it and removed me as the guild leader. It sounds dumb when I think back on it now, but I had no idea this thing would actually change my rank! I thought it would simply be an addition to it not a replacement and didn’t realize I had to give it permissions as well. I always believed if I ever did anything to affect such a serious change, it would come with a strong warning, but I was wrong. In a blink of an eye, I was stripped of my leadership and the system indiscriminately picked some random member (perhaps the oldest on the list) and appointed him the Guild Leader!
Why wasn’t there any warning? Like; are you SURE you want to do this? This title has no permissions and if you proceed, it will remove you as the Guild Leader! Is that too much to ask? Instead, no warning at all and the whole thing was executed by pushing 1 button! I mean, they can put a pop up window asking you to confirm some purchase from a vendor, but not for something as important as this? Surely this is a fundamental omission that should have been in the original guilds design? Or at least, taken seriously and fixed now that it has been brought to their attention.
(to be continued)

Tiger Ashante.1792

(continued)

Why this upsets me even more, is that I’ve been a loyal fan of Anet and its games for many years now. I’ve even convinced several friends who had no interest in gw2, to buy the game and join me. Now, like me, they’re upset with what has happened and being left without a leader and since no one else has high enough permissions, the guild has come to a stand still. This couldn’t have come at the worst time with Guild Missions being released and we can’t do anything as a guild until this is fixed. When and if that will happen, is anyone’s guess.
Anet support refuses to (I say refuses because I believe they can but won’t) help me resolve this matter. All I’ve got is polite, negative responses to all my pleas. It’s very disheartening. I’ve been with them from the start and have put up with many things that bug me in the game, but always tried to be positive and give them benefit of the doubt they will make things right. After this and the lack of support I’ve recieved in this matter, I’m not so sure anymore. I have no means of contacting this new guild leader myself, yet they won’t contact him on my behalf, while saying at the same time, he is the only one that can help me now! If this isn’t a catch 22, I don’t know what is. Let me ask this, who made him the guild leader? Not me! The system appointed him, so please fix it and give me my guild back I worked so hard to build over the past 6 months! If you can remove my leadership from my own guild without warning me, you can also give it back! I even send a PM to a dev and so far no response. I’m losing paitence and have decided to post this come what may.
One could argue what happened is my own fault and sure I’ll take that flak, but the punishment does not fit the crime here and something like this should have never been possible to occur in the first place. The Leader of a guild (especially the founding leader) should never, ever be removed by anything or anyone without a safety net and stern warning! Had I been aware of the danger, I wouldn’t be stuck now with a leaderless guild and be forced to wait and watch it fall apart with my hands tied, in hope this person comes back and restores my guild back to me! And what if he never comes back? How long am I supposed to wait? And what if he comes back and doesn’t want to give it back? This really is a joke, but there’s nothing funny about it.
The moral of this story is, learn from my mistake and don’t fiddle with any buttons in this game as they’re totally unforgiving. Consider carefully if it’s worth your time building a Guild in this game, when it can be so easily taken away form you! I suspect this thread will probably be locked, deleted, or go unnoticed. I hope not, I don’t know where else to turn to and I’m only expressing what happened and to warn others. I only wish I had such a warning before this happened to me. Most of all, I hope someone in the company has a change of heart and decides to address and resolve this issue before my guild dies completely and they forever lose me as a fan.
Thanks for reading this far and please, feel free to discuss. Just take it easy on me, I’m feeling distressed enough as it is.

TL;DR I was guild leader of my own guild and on suggestion by one of my officers, I went to create some fun titles for our members. I wasn’t aware doing this would remove me as the guild leader and demote me to the lowest member in my guild. There was no warning of any kind that this wold happen and my guild is now leaderless. The system defaulted leadership to an inactive member, who hasn’t logged in for at least 2 months and I have no means of contacting him.
Support can’t/won’t help me resolve this matter.

(edited by Tiger Ashante.1792)

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

there a tldr version?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

That’s . . . an interesting problem.

I’d say the moral isn’t “don’t fiddle with stuff” it’s “double check your work”. The Bank/Bag tab problem, some other things that don’t ask for confirmation, in general the moral of all these problems hitting people is: pay closer attention to what you’re doing.

It’s your own doing, your own fault, and while I take my hat off in sympathy . . . the lesson is not that things are badly designed (and even if you can successfully make the case they are) it is more that you should ‘measure twice, cut once’ as the old adage goes. Double check before you do something you might not be able to undo.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I actually find it fascinating that Anet can’t/won’t help with this… Seems like giving you back the previous rank you had (seeing as how it was the guild leader) would be pretty easy to do. They have record of that I am sure.

That being said, a guild is really a group of friends, and you can always remake. Yes you lose all the work you put into it so far, but the important thing is the people.

I would keep pushing Anet, I am sure eventually they will help if you petition enough. I am a lowly officer rank in my guild, and I had no idea a leader could assign themselves a lower rank, thereby tossing the actual leader rank to someone else…. pretty crazy.

Posted by: Wesley Of Florin.2150

Wesley Of Florin.2150

Guild leader made a new title with no permissions and put himself in that group without understanding the consequences. Now an inactive member is the guild leader and support can’t/won’t intervene.

Posted by: Hantu.2815

Hantu.2815

TLDR: He is a guild leader and changed his title for the lols thinking it is just a cool tag. He did not realise it changed his rank in the guild and made him step down to the lowest ranking member, passing somehow the leadership to an inactive random. He is now asking why is there no warning before accepting such action.

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

Guild titles and privileges are not something to play with without thinking, as they include guild leadership privileges too.
Leadership hasn’t been “taken away” from you, you removed it yourself because you did a mistake when changing privileges.
I realize you are upset but you need to file a ticket to ANet and see if they can reverse your mistake.
Thread will prolly be locked soon, there was no reason to make it as it is your mistake not a problem of the game to it must be solved through support tickets.

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

I’d say the moral isn’t “don’t fiddle with stuff” it’s “double check your work”. The Bank/Bag tab problem, some other things that don’t ask for confirmation, in general the moral of all these problems hitting people is: pay closer attention to what you’re doing.

It’s your own doing, your own fault, and while I take my hat off in sympathy . . . the lesson is not that things are badly designed (and even if you can successfully make the case they are) it is more that you should ‘measure twice, cut once’ as the old adage goes. Double check before you do something you might not be able to undo.

Come on I have to press an OK box to break down a green item and there is no confirmation box for changing guild leadership?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Its hard to measure something when there’s no indication of what will happen. Other than maybe reading about someone else doing the same thing, nothing in the game indicates or warns that something like this can happen just for changing a title (at least nothing does based on the posts here, I don’t know myself because I have never and will never run a guild). And no reason to suspect it’d happen either, really. A guild leader should be more than just a title that can be instantly swept away by a single action, one would think.

Tiger Ashante.1792

Guild titles and privileges are not something to play with without thinking, as they include guild leadership privileges too.
Leadership hasn’t been “taken away” from you, you removed it yourself because you did a mistake when changing privileges.
I realize you are upset but you need to file a ticket to ANet and see if they can reverse your mistake.
Thread will prolly be locked soon, there was no reason to make it as it is your mistake not a problem of the game to it must be solved through support tickets.

Yea i guess my post is too long and u probably didn’t read it fully but i have submitted support ticket, why else would i say support refused to help? And when people say its my fault, I think anet has to take at least partial responsibility for not putting some safety net in here before making such a dramatic changes. Nothing told me this change of title would alter my guild leader status.

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

TLDR: He is a guild leader and changed his title for the lols thinking it is just a cool tag. He did not realise it changed his rank in the guild and made him step down to the lowest ranking member, passing somehow the leadership to an inactive random. He is now asking why is there no warning before accepting such action.

doh that sucks; maybe ask support again?

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I’m sorry…

I hope ANet stop being such a mobile phone support kind of guys and assist you with your issue

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

this could have been solved by “editing” your current rank rather than “creating” a new one.

that said, I’m sorry for your misfortune… on a positive note you have gone through a learning experience. A couple things you can learn from this… always have a back up leader you can trust, don’t fiddle with things without getting a contingency in place… and research changes before making them.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Come on I have to press an OK box to break down a green item and there is no confirmation box for changing guild leadership?

I wouldn’t know personally? I don’t lead a guild so I have to go on what others tell me. I actually think there’s too much “are you sure?” prompts with no way of turning them off (“Do not warn me again”).

Maybe I’m a little harsh about it because I grew up with computer programs that didn’t always ask for confirmation if I happened to slip and type “format c:” instead of “format d:”. Just as a very significant example . . . there are lesser ones. I can appreciate safeguards now, but I still wound up learning the hard way to always doublecheck what you’re about to do.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

This is a common problem throughout the game. The interface really needs a LOT of work, sometimes it seems that the greatest challenge in GW2 is the interface itself. Half the time you have no idea what’s going to happen. That’s fine for puzzles but the interface shouldn’t be a puzzle.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

OMG, that’s sucks.
I agree the UI needs a lot of work. There are a lot of ways to mess up in this game and no way to fix them (I bought the wrong karma item by mistake and got stuck with a 42k karma loss) Anet needs to fix stuff like this ASAP. But as always we get so some lame “I can’t help you” response.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

That…sucks bad.

I’m surprised they won’t help you. That seems ridiculous.
Good job making it public. I would also keep sending support tickets, mailing GMs, and watching for that guy to come back.

I’m assuming that the “random” person who got the leadership spot was the first person you invited to the guild.

You have my regrets.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Tiger Ashante.1792

Thanks guys, I’ll keep trying with the support.
I’ve also sent a forum message to the member in question in hope he had email notification enabled for when he gets a message but since I haven’t received any rely from him I guess he hasn’t enabled that option. I also left him an in-game mail in case he comes when i’m not there, but I don’t think he’s been on since Xmas and I have no idea when and if he’ll come on.
I would actually like to know how long he can remain a leader if he’s inactive? It simply don’t make sense the leadership was given to an inactive member as opposed to an active one or even an officer. It all seems wrong somehow.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

I think it’s really awful this happened. As another poster pointed out, you have to confirm to salvage a green, but you don’t have to confirm to give up leadership of an entire guild?

I’m really sorry OP. I don’t have any ideas other than to beg and plead with Anet to make this right. Their inflexibility is puzzling. And disappointing.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

A thought . . . we had the revelation some time back that ANet wasn’t able to rollback characters. Maybe the responses are because they actually can’t fix it?

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

there a tldr version?

I just want a version where he uses the enter and tab keys.

Tiger Ashante.1792

A thought . . . we had the revelation some time back that ANet wasn’t able to rollback characters. Maybe the responses are because they actually can’t fix it?

I submitted a support ticket within half an hour of this happening and roll back was the first thing I requested/suggested. They said that a roll back would not fix this issue and reinstate my rank therefore they won’t be doing that. /sad face.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Really starting to get disgusted with how Anet seems to treat support as just another facade that makes them look important to potential customers.

I’ll bet that if someone has trouble buying gemstones, the response lightning fast with impeccable service though.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I’ve seen a guild lose it’s leader to a ban and then left completely without a leader. I have also seen a recent thread started where someone accidentally salvaged their legendary GS.
I would hope that Anet has the ability to rollback an account, whether they admit it or not. It would not be in their best interest to admit to it since it could be abused.
Your case is quite legitimate even if it was ‘user’ error that caused the issue. The result effects more than one player and the new leader is inactive.
Continue to communicate with support and hopefully something productive can be done.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I feel your pain, and know how much of a blow it is. All that work. I began a guild and worked hard to grow it, eventually everyone was inactive but me, and I still built and built. Eventually I just gave up and left it to someone else.

Better to be in a guild by myself and not be reminded of how many people no longer log in. I purge my friends list of inactives too, It just is too sad.

Even sadder to still want your guild, but by accident to give it to someone due to a really buggered guild leadership interface. At least in gw1 if you were inactive for 3 months you could not be guild leader.

My heartfelt sympathy to you.

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: Robbyx.1284

Robbyx.1284

Really starting to get disgusted with how Anet seems to treat support as just another facade that makes them look important to potential customers.

I’ll bet that if someone has trouble buying gemstones, the response lightning fast with impeccable service though.

I agree…as someone who drifts wide and far on the Internet i can tell you Anet’s reputation is not good, in fact amongst other games and game companies Anet is considered “a bit of a joke”.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I agree…as someone who drifts wide and far on the Internet i can tell you Anet’s reputation is not good, in fact amongst other games and game companies Anet is considered “a bit of a joke”.

So are a lot of other companies. Like, all of them. Even Mojang.

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Nothing positive to contribute except: good luck, I hope ANet helps you out of this mess.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

My condolences.

Can’t really say more. I’m already up to my neck with infractions hehe.

The only solution is if you’re able to rally your guild to spam send support tickets to their customer service. As a single person, they’re going to dismiss you, possible fraud case etc etc. In which case they’d be too lazy to check beforehand.

Perhaps with numbers, it might budge them a little.

There are always extraordinary exceptions to the rule. Hard kitten toe liners will never be able to see it. I hope you get the help you need.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I’m really blown away that Anet wont help with that. Its pretty surprising to me for sure. Any other company would have gotten that worked out within minutes of the ticket being answered by a GM.

That’s a shame.

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Problem solving at it’s best,

Solution: Make a new guild and re-invite friends

it cost one silver to make, but influence lost sucks but now you know not to mess around with your own rank.

Posted by: Harro.6391

Harro.6391

WoW thats a long post Tiger. My sincere condolences and I really hope Support can/will help you.

SHORT VERSION
I’m the player that requested my guild leader to make some new ranks, so I feel really bad about this. The Idea was to theme the ranks, new member (Mortal), Standard Member (Ascended), Officers (themed ranks) and Leader (godess)

WHAT HAPPEND
Tiger Ashante.1792 the Guild founder/leader of Guardians Of Divinity [GOD] created a new rank and placed herself into the new rank without realising she had to add all permissions. By default a guild member, DancinWookie.5246, whome has not played for months is the new leader and can’t be contacted to re-enstate Tiger Ashante.1792 role as guild leader. Basically making the guild HEADLESS and if it can’t be rectified will render the guild permanently disfunctional.

FIX Request to ANET support
1. Ingame GM tool (if such a tool exists) re-enstate the guild leader; or
2. Email DancinWookie.5246 on our behalf and ask him to log in if at all possible; or
3. Request a DEV to look into fixing the issue. ( change a value in the file data base for the Guild : Guardians Of Divinity giving Tiger Anshante.1792 All Permissions.

Patch Request for Guilds UI
1. Guild Founder can-not be Kicked or Demoted by other guild leaders
2. Guild Founder/leader can not be Demote them self without Warning: “Are you sure” cheak box.
3. Default Leadership goes to Most active/Highest ranked Member
4. In game members roster “last active timer” so you can see how long ago some one in the guild last logged in.

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

just highlights how truly awful and lacking the guild ui is after all this time. hasnt been changed at all since release, lacks indepth permissions and basic features like “last logged in” or “notes” for each member.

Posted by: Katzyn.9703

Katzyn.9703

Just an idea, and I’m sorry if this was already nixed, but -

Do you guys have a guild website? Did this “new Leader” sign up on it? Maybe you can find his email or PM him (which would hopefully send him an email containing the urgent message).

I hope this idea can help you…but if not, I’m really sorry this happened.

Katzy (80 Sylvari Ranger), Katarzynea (80 Norn Elementalist),
Katalii (40ish Asuran Mesmer), Katalyn Galadheon (15ish Human Warrior)

Posted by: Raighan.9804

Raighan.9804

I’m sorry this happened to you, I don’t have any suggestions other that what people have already said, but just want to express that I think this is very poor design that this was allowed to happen in this way. I do feel that Anet should fix this for you and then make changes to give warnings in future so it doesn’t happen again. Good luck, I really hope it gets sorted for you, I can imagine how this must feel.

Posted by: Demondim.7046

Demondim.7046

Sad news indeed.

As a programmer myself I find it insanely unbelievable that Anet do not have the Dev Tools / functions / code in place to arbitrarily change your status flags within your guild.

I hope they change their mind and decide to help you rectify your error.

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

If there’s anything that would need a failsafe lock, it’s definitely guild leadership. It is oddly easy to accidentally give up control.

Tiger Ashante.1792

Sad news indeed.

As a programmer myself I find it insanely unbelievable that Anet do not have the Dev Tools / functions / code in place to arbitrarily change your status flags within your guild.

Thanks for your understanding and yes, I believe same as you. Although support initially told me they have no ‘external tools’ to amend ranks once someone has been made a guild leader, i believe they do have ‘internal tools’ to make the changes. After all, it’s their game, they designed it and they have access to everything, but ofc that requires the will for them to do it.

Tiger Ashante.1792

WoW thats a long post Tiger. My sincere condolences and I really hope Support can/will help you.

SHORT VERSION
I’m the player that requested my guild leader to make some new ranks, so I feel really bad about this. The Idea was to theme the ranks, new member (Mortal), Standard Member (Ascended), Officers (themed ranks) and Leader (godess)

WHAT HAPPEND
Tiger Ashante.1792 the Guild founder/leader of Guardians Of Divinity [GOD] created a new rank and placed herself into the new rank without realising she had to add all permissions. By default a guild member, DancinWookie.5246, whome has not played for months is the new leader and can’t be contacted to re-enstate Tiger Ashante.1792 role as guild leader. Basically making the guild HEADLESS and if it can’t be rectified will render the guild permanently disfunctional.

FIX Request to ANET support
1. Ingame GM tool (if such a tool exists) re-enstate the guild leader; or
2. Email DancinWookie.5246 on our behalf and ask him to log in if at all possible; or
3. Request a DEV to look into fixing the issue. ( change a value in the file data base for the Guild : Guardians Of Divinity giving Tiger Anshante.1792 All Permissions.

Patch Request for Guilds UI
1. Guild Founder can-not be Kicked or Demoted by other guild leaders
2. Guild Founder/leader can not be Demote them self without Warning: “Are you sure” cheak box.
3. Default Leadership goes to Most active/Highest ranked Member
4. In game members roster “last active timer” so you can see how long ago some one in the guild last logged in.

Hey Harro thanks for your input. Great post! Yeah sorry about my long post, I’m not good at summarizing things, but lets hope the devs take note before it happens to someone else.
The funny thing is, had I discovered this flaw during beta, I would have been praised for reveling such a fundamental flaw in the guild design, instead, I feel like I’m being penalized for it.

Posted by: boden.2167

boden.2167

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/ArenaNet-Communication-and-3rd-Party-Sites

maybe post something on this website, seems they pay more attention to it.

sorry to hear whats happened, maybe something good will come out of this….. getting your guild back and giving gw2 player a confidence boost towards anet support…

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Sad news indeed.

My guess would have been human error, reading the text fast “ah, again the rank edit thing” overlooking the part that an inactive member has been made leader instead.
I am not surprised that they won’t contact any customer on another customers behalf.
It’s even understandable that they are not getting involved in internal guild issues – but this is not a guild issue. The issue is how the system decided the successor. If the system would have decided on the next highest rank being online – that would have been Harro (yes, I’m in the guild as well) and we would have had a laugh at it.

Anyways, not losing faith just yet

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

That does suck. I want to say in other games you had to assign a new guild leader before it would let you move down.. not sure why that would not happen here to prevent this

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

why didn’t you just edit the rank of guild leader rather than create an entirely separate rank?

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Posted by: Birdy.4816

Birdy.4816

I feel your pain, our guild leader had a refund on release and now none of us have leadership over our guild (though officers)… we can’t change the emblem or anything.

Leader decided to ticket arena net asking if they could transfer leader to me, and they just replied with “this is not possible as we have no system in place to manage guilds”

What company cannot do that?

Its incompetence at its best.

Posted by: crimsonbro.3126

crimsonbro.3126

That sucks. Anet “should” have some kind of way to keep track of that. I’d be honestly shocked if they don’t despite what they say. Have to remember to let my better half know this when she is fiddling with things. Just in case.

Posted by: Helltrager.8136

Helltrager.8136

Even though the game runs beautifully when at it’s best and is one of the best experiences I’ve had with games, I have to agree with the condition of the fundamental UI framework. It seems like the game was made before the UI, which is just an exaggeration but fits the situation. And the support is minimal at best. Every problem I’ve had with the game, I’ve had to workout myself or wait until a patch is released to fix it.
An example of the UI shortcomings is in the launcher. Having to modify the game’s .exe by adding -repair to the “Start In” field in the properties is pretty sloppy, when there should just be a check box on the launcher.
I think the absence of an alert pop-up in the Guild leader UI, is completely their responsibility. It’s not as if you had a detailed User Manual to know this. I miss those thick user manuals that used to come with games. But this is the world in which we now live. Less for more.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Really sorry for your loss OP. But don’t lose hope, you can always make a new guild if you won’t get your leadership title back. I know that it’s hard and off-putting to do the work all over again. So I can just say this:

I was once in a guild full of people, we worked our kitten off till we got level 4 in almost every upgrade but everybody left. I rebuilt the guild again and left. So I almost gave up in making the guild. I almost lost hope. But, I remembered that I have good friends in the game, so I made a new guild called the Billy Boys. I invited a few of my friends and it started out small. We’ve had problems in recruiting but we worked our kitten off again for 3 months till we got our level 3 upgrades. And during the course of those months, I’ve made new friends and met plenty of people, I gained their loyalty through hard work. Despite having shortcomings such as guild members leaving, it doesn’t matter. I still have my friends in the guild. One of my friends is my brother (Thanks so much bro).

Anyways, what I am trying to say is, no matter what happens, just keep doing things until you get what you are aiming for.

Also, I wanted to have a huge kitten guild, but instead, I got a small guild. Although that small guild has alot of my friends in it.

:D Anyways, have fun OP, and hope for the best and remember, if all else fails, make a new one. Hard at first but worth it!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Well I would expect my guild leader to be a leader and not make simple mistakes such as this, YOUR IN TIME OUT!

Really though sucks that support is being stupid about things like this, one area gw2 sucks is helping people with legit issues.

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Well I would expect my guild leader to be a leader and not make simple mistakes such as this, YOUR IN TIME OUT!

But how are we supposed to know that making a change like that has such far reaching results? Good interface design doesn’t allow mistakes like this to occur without, at the very least, asking for confirmation.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.