Posted by: william dj.6953

william dj.6953

No buttcape, Oh Yeah! Thanks Anet.

(edited by william dj.6953)

Ice Encasement Outfit Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

The female version has buttcape. Yeah, thanks…

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

That’s the sacrifice you make to be naked underneath the ice.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Think of it not as a buttcape but as your towel.

A towel is just about the most massively useful thing any Dragon Watcher can carry. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold snow of Frostgorge Sound; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Southsun inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert landscape of Ember Bay; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy Elon River ; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Dragon Champion, Tequatl (a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can’t see it, it can’t see you — daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course you can dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non Dragon Watcher) discovers that a Dragon Watcher has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, WvW gear, latest gem store outfit, etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the Dragon Watcher any of these or a dozen other items that the Dragon Watcher might accidentally have “lost.” What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of Tyria, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

So wear your Buttcape Towel with pride. Everywhere you go people will see it and say, “Now that’s a frood who really knows where his towel is.”

And that the truth. ^^

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Mea.5491

I’d rather wear pants. Anet should at least make the cape shorter because right now it clips into the ground in combat (depends on weapon).

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Too bad its an outfit. I have money waiting to buy stuff in the gem store this Holiday but haven’t seen anything so far.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I just bought the new Ice Encasement Outfit. The shoulders do not turn off. They are so asymmetrical and ugly on the female character.

Please let us turn them off, and the gloves too.

Mea.5491

I just bought the new Ice Encasement Outfit. The shoulders do not turn off. They are so asymmetrical and ugly on the female character.

And the buttcape too!

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Love this outfit, especially for the aura
Stacked with the teal poly aura, it’s so sweet.

Attachments:

(edited by Gryphon.2875)

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

yeh i really hate asymmetrical shoulders on outfits or armorsets :/

i wish anet just made them either symmetrical or just let us turn them off since some players might like it the way it is but others could hide them then

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I’d rather wear pants. Anet should at least make the cape shorter because right now it clips into the ground in combat (depends on weapon).

I’ve seriously always wished the game was realistic enough to just let me just take a pair of scissors to everything and cut off the lower buttcape half of everything and rescue me from weapon clipping and over-stretched textures. Need the ability to edit armor and detach those parts.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I agree. I’m not a fan of asymmetrical shoulders. I didn’t notice them until after I bought it now they stand out.

Posted by: crepuscular.9047

crepuscular.9047

I still want Iceforge from GW1, my fav ele armor, please make it happen Anet >_<

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Elementalist_Iceforged_armor

Ci7-4471 + Corsair Hydro H100i | EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB | Samsung EVO PRO

Posted by: Westenev.5289

Westenev.5289

I’m not a particular fan of the shoulders, though more because it clips through my female-human-revenant’s chronomancer’s shield than any asymmetrical fashion concern.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

And the buttcape too!

Agreed the buttcape is horrid, but after asking to turn off the shoulders and gloves I was afraid it was pushing it to ask for the “buttcape” too.

+1 for the term. LOL

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

The buttcape is the ugliest thing on this outfit, I can handle the rest but the buttcape is sooooooooo annoying :/
The outfit has really pretty particle effects tho, it has dyeable frost and it kinda looks like it has a flame in it too.

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

I want to be able to turn the shoulders off too…..and the butt cape. I love the rest of the outfit.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

A waist cape would look good on the right outfit but not on this one. The texture of the cloth doesn’t fit well with the ice armor.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I really like it on male version, specially the mask is a favorite!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Surprisingly, I dont mind the shoulder or the butt cape on this one. But, I can see why people would like the option to turn shoulders / gloves on / off similar to helm. I’m fine with that. I’d probably turn the shoulder off most of the time too, regardless of not minding it. (Im just not into shoulder armor 99% of the time)

I don’t see it as doable for the cloth tail though.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

“Here’s a GORGEOUS suit of armor carved entirely out of ice, except for the buttcape we know you can’t live without!”

Why couldn’t it be a suit of ice armor? Why can’t we get past the same buttcapes over and over?

This is the first pretty thing in the store, and the first time I’ve prepped to buy something, in a long time in my opinion. The buttcape is an eyesore that looks crammed into it. Very disappointed, and sadly for both me and ANet, no sale.

Posted by: Nova.2890

Nova.2890

I guess with all this feedback about butt capes and how much anet throws them on everything, i guess wishing for a good combat skirt is out of the question for my female character, if it exists i have yet to find it in game (one without leggings)

In regards to the ice suit, i bought mine, happily applied the illumination dye to the glow and quite enjoy how it looks. The buttcape…not a fan at all, but i’ll live.

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I’d buy this outfit but you guys botched the landing for female characters with that out of place butt cape so keep it I’ll save my money.

Posted by: alivka.3127

alivka.3127

i wonder why is there no buttcape on the male versions as well, i’m sure they would love it too, maybe patch it in later?

“Fixed a bug that made the obligatory buttcape invisible on some versions of the Ice Encasement Outfit”

yes that would be funny

Gryphon.2875

I love it. Fits my Ice Master Asura perfectly. Love the Aura, especially when merged with the teal poly-luminescent trinket (which I still wish was an infusion.)

Attachments:

Posted by: SixxxZ.4317

SixxxZ.4317

PLEASE ANET! remove the buttcape from the female version I guarantee it will sell more! I have heard about 100 people say in game they will buy it if it didn’t have the buttcape.

You listened to peoples feedback back when you released flamekissed armor, please honor our wishes. We Love you Anet, dont let us down!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

A towel is just about the most massively useful thing any Dragon Watcher can carry. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold snow of Frostgorge Sound; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Southsun inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert landscape of Ember Bay; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy Elon River ; wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Dragon Champion, Tequatl (a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can’t see it, it can’t see you — daft as a brush, but very very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course you can dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non Dragon Watcher) discovers that a Dragon Watcher has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, WvW gear, latest gem store outfit, etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the Dragon Watcher any of these or a dozen other items that the Dragon Watcher might accidentally have “lost.” What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of Tyria, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

So wear your Buttcape Towel with pride. Everywhere you go people will see it and say, “Now that’s a frood who really knows where his towel is.”

And that the truth. ^^

Game, set and match. Well played.

Posted by: maelstorm.6074

maelstorm.6074

Buttcape. 0/10 disgusting, pls fire whoever keeps ruining armor with this.

+1

Posted by: Zoda Slayer.4176

Zoda Slayer.4176

This outfit was especially well done and the aura effect was a really nice addition, one of the few outfits I would wear over my armor sets and hope legendary armor follows the same path!

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I bought it and have no complaints. Love this outfit.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Ana.2415

Ana.2415

Please, remove that buttcape! Is awful

Also make the shoulders and gloves like the helm, I would like to turn them off :/

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

I really like the cape … looks like im the only one.

Mesmerizing

Mea.5491

I really like the cape … looks like im the only one.

Nope, Anet designers like it too… XD

Posted by: victor.9472

victor.9472

Just logged in to say

Plz remove buttcape plz plz plz

Posted by: Vagrant.8613

Vagrant.8613

pretty cool outfit. The aura leaves a flame trail when you run. The aura is awesome.

Attachments:

(edited by Vagrant.8613)

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

The artists at ANET must have a fetish for hip drapes. They’re everywhere!

SBI

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The aura is awesome but…..

When I saw this picture I had to laugh. It reminded me of when I was a little kid and I would stick a towel down the back of my pants so I could run around pretending I was a horsie or a doggie and the towel was my tail.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Just stop making things asymmetrical!

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The new outfit is simply..

GLORIOUS!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

First outfit I have purchased. I like it quite a bit.

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

Do they just add butt capes so nobody can ogle at the female characters asses?

Gryphon.2875

And that the truth. ^^

I loved Douglas Adams too

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I love me a good buttcape, but this armor is ugly.

Posted by: Firmicute.3876

Firmicute.3876

you KNOW why it has it or not? Just think for a second and you will get it? right?

What is the difference between the male and female version?
1. buttcape for female
2. FEMALES ARE ALMOST UNDER IT. Males have some really ugly pajama under it.
So. now look at the back of female and male models and lo and behold: if the male model would be as naked as the female under the ice , he would need a buttcape too. And if the outfit wasnt sexist, then the man would need a buttcape too because he’d also wearing the tanga.
But..t sadly the the man is fully covered except two small holes at the sides, so the butt is already hidden. But not for the female chara. And we can have underboob n stuff but no string-tanga I guess, so buttcape it is.

Yes, having the female version be nakes, super clingy, draw focus to TnA while the men are fully clothed except their head and two faint little tears in their sides is sexist.

have to go now, but dont get me wrong-im not against that outfit per se.
I have something against the stupid sexist inequality in regards to nakedness.
Gw2 designer, look at final fantasy 14 on how its done.
geez i though you’d better than this aion level stuff

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

you KNOW why it has it or not? Just think for a second and you will get it? right?

What is the difference between the male and female version?
1. buttcape for female
2. FEMALES ARE ALMOST UNDER IT. Males have some really ugly pajama under it.
So. now look at the back of female and male models and lo and behold: if the male model would be as naked as the female under the ice , he would need a buttcape too. And if the outfit wasnt sexist, then the man would need a buttcape too because he’d also wearing the tanga.
But..t sadly the the man is fully covered except two small holes at the sides, so the butt is already hidden. But not for the female chara. And we can have underboob n stuff but no string-tanga I guess, so buttcape it is.

Yes, having the female version be nakes, super clingy, draw focus to TnA while the men are fully clothed except their head and two faint little tears in their sides is sexist.

have to go now, but dont get me wrong-im not against that outfit per se.
I have something against the stupid sexist inequality in regards to nakedness.
Gw2 designer, look at final fantasy 14 on how its done.
geez i though you’d better than this aion level stuff

That doesn’t make any sense, these pants are just as “naked” as the ones on this ice outfit and they don’t have a buttcape on em….so why should the outfit…

Attachments:

Posted by: alivka.3127

alivka.3127

Would be too naked for this game? A thief says hi in her vigil pants…
My main problem with this buttcape is that it covers like 50% of the shiny armor when viewed from behind, and that’s how we look at our character 99% of the time.

Also the phisycs are just broken, it doesn’t behave like you would expect it would after looking at the preview window. No, depending on your character’s stance it becomes streched as it tries to cover both legs, which looks silly and buggy, as you can see on the second picture.

Also am i missing something, or has there been an outcry from the community for more buttcapes? Why include something only on some versions of a heavy armor, that could only drive potential customers away?

I don’t get it, but i learned my lesson, not going to buy any outfit with anything resembling a buttcape/butttowel.

Attachments:

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

Remove butt cape and I’ll buy this outfit.

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

bring this back to gemstore and ill get it

Posted by: fluffdragon.1523

fluffdragon.1523

And that the truth. ^^

Thought I’d say I logged in for no more reason than to +1 this post.

Bravo, you magnificent injury, you.