Iron Marches dust farm

Iron Marches dust farm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crashdown.7419

Crashdown.7419

So a while ago I was on alt doing map completion in Iron Marches. Can’t remember what lvl I was but it wasn’t 80 yet. Anyway I was getting towards the wall and tried to do the renown heart there. Kill ghost and throw rubble in the water and things.
So as a warrior character I prefer to kill things. That was the point of the hearts no? Do what you like doing and have the most fun with? Well guess not. There were so many necro’s and engineers standing there with turrets and minions. Before I could even hit a ghost they were slaughtered. I just told in map chat that I couldn’t complete the heart by killing ghost and I got this reply : Stop cry and kitten off. Go throw some rocks in the water… Is this where our community has gotten to? Find farm spots and kitten it up for others? They all claim to not be afk but having 2 screens and watch a movie on one and farm “afk” on the other I guess is not really afk but not really farming is it? I know I’m going to get so much kitten on my head from players but I really don’t care. This has to stop in some way … People that actively farm by running around are kittened over by the standing still watching movies kind of farmers. And not to mention the amount of gold they make in this farming session. I contacted support and they said that as support they couldn’t help me but that I should post a forum post so the devs can read it. Well here it is . I know that anet check there very often and deal with real afk players by whispering them to check if they are afk. They are ruining this area for new players and old. Just play the game like its meant to be played?

Iron Marches dust farm

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Anet should have nerfed Turrets and Minions into the ground, the first time people tried to afk farm.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Iron Marches dust farm

Posted by: Vansten.5309

Vansten.5309

Anet should have nerfed Turrets and Minions into the ground, the first time people tried to afk farm.

The problem is though, atleast for Engineer, is that turrets are already so weak outside of AFK farming that a nurf just further makes them useless.

Id prefer if they replace all turrets aside from the healing one with something else entirely that would be used more

Iron Marches dust farm

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Something like after 1 min of standing still, you get a dwbuff which doesn’t allow you to have pets, and also despawn all pets you already have.

Iron Marches dust farm

Posted by: Abakk.9176

Abakk.9176

Something like after 1 min of standing still, you get a dwbuff which doesn’t allow you to have pets, and also despawn all pets you already have.

Was thinking the same thing but 1 minute might be a tad strickt.

Iron Marches dust farm

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

I see no problem.
If you afk in a dangerous zone for 10 sec you are dead.

Iron Marches dust farm

Posted by: Sacropedia.5941

Sacropedia.5941

1 minute until the debuff is a bit much for this kind of area where the general idea is “you’re still learning the game and leveling up”.
However, a thematic mechanic similar to the freezing debuff in Bitterfrost Frontier or the catapults in Lake Doric would be great. Perhaps there’s a ghostly vengeance on those who stand still and kill X ghosts? Or even just have the ghosts kill off turrets/pets if their controller stands still for too long.
Something should definitely be done about this though.

Co-founder of Dawn of Hope [DH].

Iron Marches dust farm

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I still see necro afk farmers in Malchor’s Leap, and there’s trebuchets right there!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.