Is "Gift of Heroes" price a typo?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Q:

Is the price of the “Gift of Heroes” a typo? It costs 200 tournament tickets (tix) and is used to upgrade Hero’s Weapons (costs 100 tix) to Mistforged Hero’s Weapons (costs 300 tix).

If I have the 300 tix, I’d get the Mistforged Hero’s Weapon direct. And since they’re made from the same type (Hero’s Dagger to create Mistforged Hero’s Dagger), why would I waste the Piles of Crystalline Dust and Bottles of Elonian Wine?

So I’d just like to check if there is a typo?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

A:

Perhaps, this answers your question:

’ Mistforged Hero’s weapons can either be purchased directly for tickets or crafted in the Mystic Forge with one Hero’s Weapon, one Gift of Heroes, four bottles of Elonian Wine, and ten Piles of Crystalline Dust. This is to allow players who don’t have enough tickets after 1 tournament to purchase a weapon and upgrade it after a subsequent tournament.’

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/

So, not a typo? Also, remember there are 100 extra tickets distributed to everyone, because of the delay. Before, some may not have had enough to get the higher-grade weapons right away.

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

It’s there in order for people who can only get a Hero’s Weapon to upgrade later for the same price point when they obtain more tickets.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Anyone below 3rd(?) place can not afford a mistforged weapon, so they have to buy the lesser weapon now and then they can upgrade it after the next tournament. The extra small price of mats is the cost of losing.

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Makes sense. Thanks for the replies!

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

Yes it was a typo, they forgot the 250 badges of honor requirement.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

If you got a tournament rewards chest, you got far more than 250 badges in the process of getting it.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

well if you just spend a bit of crystalline dust and elonian wine you get the basic skin too!

then you have both skins

who knows one day you have found a style where the heroes weapons would fit perfectly but the white glow doesnt fit…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

Anyone below 3rd(?) place can not afford a mistforged weapon, so they have to buy the lesser weapon now and then they can upgrade it after the next tournament. The extra small price of mats is the cost of losing.

Actually with the bonus tickets, I beleive even last place can afford one Mistforged.

Posted by: sixshot.5798

sixshot.5798

Yes, my realm is last place and with the bonus 100, it’s enough to get a Mistforged.

I question as to whether or not the 250 Badges is in addition to the 200 tix. If not and that the Gift is supposed to be also available to others for 250 Badges, then I would say this is acquisition method is missing. (and I would rather spend my now 300 tix on 3 Hero weapons and upgrade ’em via Badge route)

http://bit.ly/1hswOLL (GW2 Boss Schedule)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

well if you just spend a bit of crystalline dust and elonian wine you get the basic skin too!

then you have both skins

who knows one day you have found a style where the heroes weapons would fit perfectly but the white glow doesnt fit…

You actually get both skins if you buy the Mistforged. So, you don’t have to do the recipe to get the Heroes and Mistforged skins.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I got 7th, got a Mistforged

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

The 250 badges was never designed as an alternative method of getting the Gift of Heroes. It was an additional cost that was removed. This was mentioned in a livestream.

As already said, it’s for people who can’t afford a mistforge weapon but wish to get a hero’s weapon now and to upgrade it later for a small cost. Not necesarily only that though, what about those who wish to follow a different path (i.e. buy 4 hero weapons now to upgrade later).

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

The 250 badges was never designed as an alternative method of getting the Gift of Heroes. It was an additional cost that was removed. This was mentioned in a livestream.

As already said, it’s for people who can’t afford a mistforge weapon but wish to get a hero’s weapon now and to upgrade it later for a small cost. Not necesarily only that though, what about those who wish to follow a different path (i.e. buy 4 hero weapons now to upgrade later).

I still think this is absurd. Why should it cost us more to get the exact same thing? At this rate, how will anyone be able to get more than one mistforged weapon at a time? I thought that buying gifts with badges was a perfectly fine solution, but instead, we have EXTRA costs to get something that costs 300 tickets anyway. Ridiculous.

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

I assume it is because the forge must use 4 components to work. Either it was 2 things worth skill points or 2 things worth gold. I guess they debated and went with the choice to add another gold sink into the game.

[ICoa] Blackgate

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Why should it cost us more to get the exact same thing?

It was an option for people that wanted a mistforged weapon, but weren’t patient enough to wait for a third WvW season to get enough tickets for one. This way they could at least have a normal hero weapon to keep them company during the wait.

Of course additional 100 tickets made it possible for anyone to get at least one mistforged, so it made this no longer necessary. It is still useful for people that bought hero weapons, and only later decided, that they want mistforged versions as well.

Think also of it this way: usually, if you buy something, when you pay whole price upfront, it costs less than when you do it in partial installments.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

This make absolutely no sense.

Is there an alternative way to get the hero weapons?
Because atm, its 100(hero) + 200(gift) =300,..if you can already afford that, you can afford a mistforged weapon o0.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Before the extra 100 tickets that anet gave the players in compensation for the delay, all those players whose servers finished in 6th position or worse, could not afford a mistforged hero weapon. Therefore, the option to purchase a hero weapon and enjoy it till they have enough tokens to upgrade it in successive tournaments.
Plain and simple, not sure why this is so hard to grasp for some people.

ok, let me ask a different question..
if it costs 300 tickets to get both the hero weapon and the upgrade.. what difference does it make?.
Or are the hero weapons a one time buy with the gift being brought back again?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think the important point some people are missing is that there will be more WvW Tournaments later and these will also award Tournament tokens that can be exchanged for the same prizes.

Therefore this method gives players a range of choices:

• They can save their tickets and spend them later,
  • Get 1 Mistforged weapon now,
  • Get 2 or more Hero weapons now and keep them like that forever,
  • Get 2 or more Hero weapons now and upgrade them later on with gifts bought after future tournaments

For some people that choice doesn’t matter because they just want the Mistforged weapon, but for other people it’s important. For example some people always want a matching set of weapons. This way they can get 2 Hero weapons and use them now, then upgrade both together later on.

Or they might not like the Mistforged weapons (some players don’t like particle effects) but change their minds later, and this gives them an option to upgrade instead of buying a whole new weapon for another 100 tickets.

Or some people just like having more stuff, so they can buy a whole bunch of weapons and then upgrade them gradually instead of having to get one at a time.

It’s a choice. For some people one choice will be obviously better than the others, but that doesn’t mean everyone will feel the same way or that they should be restricted to the same option.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

I think the important point some people are missing is that there will be more WvW Tournaments later and these will also award Tournament tokens that can be exchanged for the same prizes.

Therefore this method gives players a range of choices:

• They can save their tickets and spend them later,
  • Get 1 Mistforged weapon now,
  • Get 2 or more Hero weapons now and keep them like that forever,
  • Get 2 or more Hero weapons now and upgrade them later on with gifts bought after future tournaments

For some people that choice doesn’t matter because they just want the Mistforged weapon, but for other people it’s important. For example some people always want a matching set of weapons. This way they can get 2 Hero weapons and use them now, then upgrade both together later on.

Or they might not like the Mistforged weapons (some players don’t like particle effects) but change their minds later, and this gives them an option to upgrade instead of buying a whole new weapon for another 100 tickets.

Or some people just like having more stuff, so they can buy a whole bunch of weapons and then upgrade them gradually instead of having to get one at a time.

It’s a choice. For some people one choice will be obviously better than the others, but that doesn’t mean everyone will feel the same way or that they should be restricted to the same option.

And why not give us the choice to put in our own efforts outside of WVW, even if it would be very difficult, rather than time-gating rewards? I’m not looking forward to having to keep lucking out on my server’s performance, over the course of months or maybe even years, to get multiple Mistforged weapons. I really don’t understand why we can’t put individual effort into the mix if we want better results.