Klick Mouse 1500xto craft items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: euro.5164

euro.5164

Sup all,
i just unlocked the hylek-collection and looked up what weapons i need in order to complete it. all of them can be crafted – nice, so i wanted to do so.

saw i need some sun beads, never heard of it, looked it up. i can get them at a karma vendor for 21 karma/ea, no problem, got 2.000.000 karma i don’t need.

so i just went for that vendor to buy my sun beads, just did a quick calculation about how many to get – 1500 (!) for all weapons!

since u can buy items only one at a time in gw2 i srsly have to klick the “buy” button 1500 times?!?! what is this crap? beside the fact that i didn’t plan to buy a new mouse in the next days, my finger really hurts now and i haven’t even bought half of what i need! i can relly understand now why ppl use klick-macros…

what about a feature to buy more than 1 item from npc-vendor at a time? i’m pretty sure, sun beads aren’t the only item, what you can only get from karma-vendors and you need in masses for whatsoever. the current system just a) sucks and b) hurts (my finger… argh!)

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Buying items in bulks from vendors: Masssive clickfest
Opening bags in bulks: Massive clickfest
Crafting stuff in mystic forge: Massive clickfest
Using any consumable like karma jugs/MF items ( i know can craft them to "exotics"but still a): Massive clickfest

Still funny you can destroy items in bulks by pressing “destroy” once and woop all gone. Would be a REALLY quality of life to get rid of that massive clickfest i mentioned above.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

A “Destroy all” and “Consume all” option would be much appreciated indeed…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: euro.5164

euro.5164

and maybe for vendors something just like in gw1, where you could enter the number of items you want to purchase

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I know a lot of vendor items have bulk orders, why not the beads? I don’t see a reason why we can’t buy them in groups of 50/100, when you know you’re going to need a lot for weapons anyway.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Sup all,
i just unlocked the hylek-collection and looked up what weapons i need in order to complete it. all of them can be crafted – nice, so i wanted to do so.

saw i need some sun beads, never heard of it, looked it up. i can get them at a karma vendor for 21 karma/ea, no problem, got 2.000.000 karma i don’t need.

so i just went for that vendor to buy my sun beads, just did a quick calculation about how many to get – 1500 (!) for all weapons!

since u can buy items only one at a time in gw2 i srsly have to klick the “buy” button 1500 times?!?! what is this crap? beside the fact that i didn’t plan to buy a new mouse in the next days, my finger really hurts now and i haven’t even bought half of what i need! i can relly understand now why ppl use klick-macros…

what about a feature to buy more than 1 item from npc-vendor at a time? i’m pretty sure, sun beads aren’t the only item, what you can only get from karma-vendors and you need in masses for whatsoever. the current system just a) sucks and b) hurts (my finger… argh!)

As Anet said, it is not against the ToS to use a macro IF 1 click = 1 action

in your case, 1 click = 1 purchase.

I would recommend using an auto clicker.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Oh Gods sun beads. On one hand the annoying nature of getting them does limit the supply of items made from them which helps keep the price up. But if any NPC vendor item that needs a bulk purchase option this is one, but the downside is it will kill the price as all those items become way easier to make.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Oh Gods sun beads. On one hand the annoying nature of getting them does limit the supply of items made from them which helps keep the price up. But if any NPC vendor item that needs a bulk purchase option this is one, but the downside is it will kill the price as all those items become way easier to make.

1) You’d still need a good amount of karma to make the weapons.
2) I don’t see how having the price drop slightly on the beaded weapons is such a bad thing. It’s not like that in and of itself will crash the market.
3) From what I understand, the turnover from selling those isn’t even that great anyway, because the base materials are still somewhat costly. So, the profit margin off of it isn’t likely to be enough that people would start making a ton of them just to sell.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

thirst slayer says hi

Posted by: DDRitter.1872

DDRitter.1872

Careful, I think that auto clickers are against ToS, since you just are not even playing actively when you use them.

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Well, one would also argue that you’re not playing the game when you’re just standing around buying materials, but… y’know, grey areas.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

just rebind your mousewheel while you buy the beads?

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Well, one would also argue that you’re not playing the game when you’re just standing around buying materials, but… y’know, grey areas.

Using an auto clicker is 1 click = multiple actions.

They don’t mean action as in action type when they say 1 click to 1 action. Consuming 2 karma jugs is 2 actions in the mind of ANet.

See this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Is-using-macro-to-use-up-karma-items-allowed

And specifically this post in it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Is-using-macro-to-use-up-karma-items-allowed/first#post4423505

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I know a lot of vendor items have bulk orders, why not the beads? I don’t see a reason why we can’t buy them in groups of 50/100, when you know you’re going to need a lot for weapons anyway.

Possibly because, until this patch, no one bought many beads. And after everyone gets that achievement, no one will again And yes, I made all the weapons. Clicking that many times SUCKED.

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

Possibly because, until this patch, no one bought many beads. And after everyone gets that achievement, no one will again And yes, I made all the weapons. Clicking that many times SUCKED.

And yet, you still needed 75 no matter what weapon you wanted to make. That’s still an egregious amount to have to buy even for just a single weapon.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sun_bead

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

And yet, you still needed 75 no matter what weapon you wanted to make. That’s still an egregious amount to have to buy even for just a single weapon.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sun_bead

Yeah, I know. How many people used beaded weapon skins?

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

How many people used them is irrelevent. How many people crafted the weapons anyway? A lot. There are craft leveling guides that use the Beaded weapons due to the (relatively) cheap crafting ingredients for them.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

At least implement shift-click to buy/use/destroy 10 at a time. This is REALLY bad UI design.

An if you want REALLY REALLY bad, go for the drinking achievement. It will probably cost you two new mice and a finger by the time you have done that monumental grind chore. Proof that GW2 really IS the grindiest game every made.

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

ohhh its disheartening such good threads (linked above) were made about this serious issue long ago and nothing came of them.
“Don’t use an autoclicker”, “Click through 500 of something, you have no other option”.

Repetitive strain injuries can permanently cripple a person’s ability to use a computer- permanently as in the rest of their life… come on, Anet. Please. Right click consume all, purchase in bulk options can’t be that hard to implement.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

except with auto clicker, it would be 1 click = 1500 purchases (which is arguably 1500 actions).
personally, I think they aren’t thinking of auto-clickers when they say “1 click = 1 action”. I think they’re referring to not allowing “1 click = attack with skill 1 and skill 2”, which is 2 different actions. I doubt they are referring to doing the same action repeatedly. have never heard a definitive word on this, and I doubt we ever will.

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

so since click makros are not allowed, how about binding the “left click” to every key on your keyboard and torture your keyboard instead? xD

Make buying items as easy as face rolling :P

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

thirst slayer says hi

For realz! Of all the clicking complaint threads I’ve seen, this one rarely gets brought up. Talk about a terrible experience. I’ve had to do it in 10 min increments to keep my sanity and still am only just over halfway there.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I’m honestly surprised a slider to buy in bulk hasn’t been added. It would be such a useful feature to add to the game and it’s been an often requested one in the last 2 years.

But no, we get ugly back items and gem store armors instead. Enjoy.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Argh this problem again…

I posted about this months and months ago. Mainly because I was unlocking all the recipes in my crafting and had to get a lot of these beads myself. Now I am going to have to do it again just to unlock the skins/new achieves? Oh come on Anet, this needs a fix already!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

binding left click to all of your keyboard keys would mean you could literally roll your face on your keyboard to buy/consume stuff. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
asdfwer[eijnhoeitngoeirhnopwuehrniwfeipawuenfiuenfpwiugbpawuibpagiuengfpwiuoefgnpuiegpbuirbgrungeirugnshsrthdrthdyjstrhseghserthsetysertyseryergtsgsrjydtjfkdtwertwerrsrhsrethsrdthdsrthdrthdrjdryjdjdyjtyjuhferwerweteuyyoiuyo-yu0t

just consumed 228 Exotic Essence of luck.

Would it be cool to live forever?

(edited by Zygomaticus.7469)

LostBalloon.6423

They don’t mean action as in action type when they say 1 click to 1 action. Consuming 2 karma jugs is 2 actions in the mind of ANet.

See this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Is-using-macro-to-use-up-karma-items-allowed

And specifically this post in it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Is-using-macro-to-use-up-karma-items-allowed/first#post4423505

Auto clicker does not use 1 click to magically click all your items, it generates 1 click per action you take, and the action for each click stay’s the same, thus acceptable.

Also, this thread is very clear that using an auto clicker to buy something from the vendor is acceptable : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/SUGGESTION-Hand-health-features/first

except with auto clicker, it would be 1 click = 1500 purchases (which is arguably 1500 actions).
personally, I think they aren’t thinking of auto-clickers when they say “1 click = 1 action”. I think they’re referring to not allowing “1 click = attack with skill 1 and skill 2”, which is 2 different actions. I doubt they are referring to doing the same action repeatedly. have never heard a definitive word on this, and I doubt we ever will.

Again, they said it in a very general way, it doesnt apply to just 2 skills, it would be against ToS to for example bind looting to the same key as your auto-attack using a macro.

But in this case, you use a tool (macro) that does 1 specific action (click at mouse coords on the screen) to repeat the same one action over and over. Again, look @ this thread : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/SUGGESTION-Hand-health-features/first

LostBalloon.6423

binding left click to all of your keyboard keys would mean you could literally roll your face on your keyboard to buy/consume stuff. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
asdfwer[eijnhoeitngoeirhnopwuehrniwfeipawuenfiuenfpwiugbpawuibpagiuengfpwiuoefgnpuiegpbuirbgrungeirugnshsrthdrthdyjstrhseghserthsetysertyseryergtsgsrjydtjfkdtwertwerrsrhsrethsrdthdsrthdrthdrjdryjdjdyjtyjuhferwerweteuyyoiuyo-yu0t

just consumed 228 Exotic Essence of luck.

If only you could bind more than 2 diff keys for the same action (i think 2 keys is the limit in the control options :P )

Seera.5916

Auto clicker does not use 1 click to magically click all your items, it generates 1 click per action you take, and the action for each click stay’s the same, thus acceptable.

Also, this thread is very clear that using an auto clicker to buy something from the vendor is acceptable : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/SUGGESTION-Hand-health-features/first

That thread doesn’t have an ANet employee post in it. Mine does. Mine says don’t use macros. And the post was specifically asking if an auto-clicker to consume tons of jugs of karma was allowed. Auto-clickers are macros. If you can find a post with an ANet employee says it’s fine, then I’ll believe that they allow a macro for it. But right now, the evidence I’ve found is that it is not allowed.

And you didn’t read. Auto-clicking is more than one action by the definition that ANet uses based on the responses to threads that ANet employees have posted in. They define action as buying 1 item in the minimum amount possible (1 sun bead, 10 icy runestones). Consuming one karma jug or consuming 1 essence of luck.

They don’t define it as consuming all 250 jugs of karma or 250 essences of luck. Or buying 250 sun beads.

So using a macro that would allow 1 click to buy or consume more than one at a time is against TOS.

LostBalloon.6423

If you wanna play on words, go ahead, I just suggested something to the OP so he doesn’t destroy his hand.

And “dont use macros” that you are quoting is like a failsafe answer where its easier to say to not do something when you are unsure if the person is allowed to or not. There have been many of those misinterpretations of what anet says that get taken out of context.

2- there was a long discussion about this in some thread and im not gonna waste my time digging it out for you and I honestly don’t care what you think.

Seera.5916

If you wanna play on words, go ahead, I just suggested something to the OP so he doesn’t destroy his hand.

And “dont use macros” that you are quoting is like a failsafe answer where its easier to say to not do something when you are unsure if the person is allowed to or not. There have been many of those misinterpretations of what anet says that get taken out of context.

2- there was a long discussion about this in some thread and im not gonna waste my time digging it out for you and I honestly don’t care what you think.

The Don’t use macros was EXACTLY what the Dev posted! And it was the only thing he put in the thread. So it is not out of context.

And are what sun beads make worth getting a macro to make buying them easier when there are dev posts in similar threads that go Do not use macros in very clear language? When macro usage is a bannable offense?

Now, if heard someone in chat say they were using one to buy sun beads or mass consume karma, I would likely not report them. It is something that saves the hand and the mouse, I personally don’t have an issue with a macro being used for that purpose. It’s not like there is a special prize for getting the item that it is used to make or buy first. But there are those people out there who would report it because it is a macro and those are against TOS. And who knows what automated things they have in game to catch macro usage.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

An auto-clicker would, at least, click twice per one click to buy things. Otherwise, it would useless. They made it clear, long ago, that is an unacceptable macro.

What we did get the definite “OK” to do is to use a third-party to bind ‘left click’ to ‘scroll up’ or ‘scroll down’ on the mouse wheel. This way you’re only executing “one click” but you can do it very rapidly.

Unless you had a macro for a huge amount of clicks, I’d think it’d be hard to track tbh. But if you want to be safe, the above method was given a thumbs up in a discussion about 6-8 months ago.

(edited by Tman.6349)

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

An auto-clicker would, at least, click twice per one click to buy things. Otherwise, it would useless. They made it clear, long ago, that is an unacceptable macro.

What we did get the definite “OK” to do is to use a third-party to bind ‘left click’ to ‘scroll up’ or ‘scroll down’ on the mouse wheel. This way you’re only executing “one click” but you can do it very rapidly.

Unless you had a macro for a huge amount of clicks, I’d think it’d be hard to track tbh. But if you want to be safe, the above method was given a thumbs up in a discussion about 6-8 months ago.

How do you do this? And does it interfere with other gameplay? (scrolling menus, and I use mouse 3 for elite skill)

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I know plenty of people who admitted to using a macro to click consumable stacks in less than .5 seconds in vent who have not been banned, so I think people are a bit paranoid.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I heartily agree that Sun Beads need a “Sun Beads in Bulk” item that lets you purchase 25 of them at a time, similar to how you can now purchase Obsidian in bulk in Orr.

Posted by: tAzz.8497

tAzz.8497

Get Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and configure a macro for auto clicks, its quite simple.
Dunno if it works with non Microsoft keyboards but u can try. If it doesnt, a cheap M keyboard with some multimedia buttons that u can macro on its like 10$ or even less.
Point on your stacks/ buy button etc, press the macro button …. Voila so fast

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Get Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and configure a macro for auto clicks, its quite simple.
Dunno if it works with non Microsoft keyboards but u can try. If it doesnt, a cheap M keyboard with some multimedia buttons that u can macro on its like 10$ or even less.
Point on your stacks/ buy button etc, press the macro button …. Voila so fast

Just works until ANet sees you doing this. Makros are not allowed, you can get banned for using one. I heard of a guy in the wvw scene, he made a makro for aoe loot and got banned right before he was at the 250k kills achievment.
Be careful, don’t use makros. Bind it to your mousewheel or so but don’t use makros.

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

Posted by: tAzz.8497

tAzz.8497

Dude pls wakeup , no1 is going to ban ppl for using a macro that does double click on some stacks.
I dont use it on somthing else and to be honest i cant see it beeing good for anything else.
U have to point start wait (do nothing with mouse or kb) stop then resume your gameplay. And the macro is “click – wait 10ms – click” autorepeat on.

Wtf who will ban u for something like that. Id quit the game if i hear gm’s ban ppl for such things.
Its not like u made a “real” macro clicking on skills, using some “special” commands or using picture/icons in the game to auto start and kitten.

Im an ex pro counter strike player, i’m used to changing expensive mouses just cause click1 died. But i’ve kept changing them cause the game was nice/ team play/ andrenaline rush whatever and very mouse dependant.
Im not going to damage my mouse now to burn 1 mil karma or for those luck stacks that get me 1% account luck after 1 week LOL

PS: i’m using this for 1 year now and btw dont expect admins to come here on forums and encourage using macros, because we know how ppl are and soon wont be only the double click macro they will use.
So yea we wont see any Anet cming here to aprove stuff like this.
Anyway we all are free to do as we like, so feel free to clickkkkkkkkkk your life away.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Don’t call it click wars 2 for nothing u know!

I have ruined 2 mouse’s so far with click wars 2 excessive clicking, really, really bad design but devs don’t care. Probably did it on purpose, after all well your clicking away in game they have more users online.

Click Wars 2
Jump Wars 2
Grind Wars 2
Pointless Wars 2

All better fitting names than Guild Wars 2…

Seera.5916

Wtf who will ban u for something like that. Id quit the game if i hear gm’s ban ppl for such things.
Its not like u made a “real” macro clicking on skills, using some “special” commands or using picture/icons in the game to auto start and kitten.

Better hope no ANet employee decides to monitor your account for how fast you go from Karma amount A to B for a little while and decides to ban you because it’s too consistent. A single human isn’t going to click at the same pace for very long.

And ANet takes a very black and white approach to macros. If you get caught using a macro, you’re banned. Regardless of the reason. They don’t allow macros for some things and not others.

Buy a mouse with a scroll wheel, bind a button to the wheel (left click, or whatever), then in game bind the consume/buy function to whatever you could get to bind to the scroll wheel if you had to change it from left click. They can’t ban you for doing that. You aren’t modifying the game, just your mouse.