Let us summon our alts as Npcs.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mota.5619

mota.5619

Pretty much, when we are playing on one character, to have the ability to summon the rest of our alts as npcs, so they run with you like your own lil gang. Would be cool to implement this option to the game, also would make it feel so your alts are there even when you’re not playing them.

It could be done either letting your alts be summoned while you’re out of combat or maybe implement this into the combat system and kind of have your alts as pets and the mobs scale up to the number of alt/pets you have, maybe not in open world pop but this could be implemented in some instances.

This could be very beneficial for role playing and also I think overall it would just be a nice addition to the game to be able to have all your characters chillin at a spot at once.

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Mercenary Heroes. Fine for me, but be sure to also introduce GW1-style configurable heroes to players who do not have or play alts. Otherwise it is Very unbalanced towards players who have/play single char.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Would like to see the guy with 70 alts in a dungeon just chilling while they kill stuff for him/her….

Let the new AFK farming begin.

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Would like to see the guy with 70 alts in a dungeon just chilling while they kill stuff for him/her….

Let the new AFK farming begin.

GW1 had a maximum party size of 8 with max 7 (mercenary) heroes. So a maximum can be just set.

Having said that, the introduction of (mercenary) heroes will require a MAJOR rework of the game mechanics since most stuff is now made to be solo-able. So, even tho I support the idea, I consider the chances to be low to see this realized.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

(edited by TheQuickFox.3826)

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I had great fun using my other character’s in GW1.

Posted by: Corraidhin.3986

Corraidhin.3986

Lately I solo a lot, so being able to have my tempest running along with my druid (even if they just stand there and look like pets) would make a world of difference to me, I would feel like all the characters I have created over the years do coexist with one another ^^

(or maybe just have a max of 2 or 3 following you, doing 50/75% less damage depending on how many you have with you at the same time, just an idea)

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Actually, maybe for like 15m, and if fully geared, it’d be cool to be able to summon them. Like the consumable embers, except some sort of consumable warhorn for reinforcements (your alts). Then watch as they use gear you made shine as they kill mobs with you.

Time restriction and c/d + dmg restriction/restraint. Otherwise the game will pretty much be playing itself eventually ruining it.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

NPCs with player stats wouldn’t live very long. An 11k health NPC elementalist for example would die within 2 seconds to almost everything in HoT.

Posted by: Corraidhin.3986

Corraidhin.3986

I only played gw1 for maybe 2 hours (I plan to eventually fix that, soon) on a friend’s account just to see what it was like, and I saw how she could summon or hire her own characters to accompany her, that felt so heartwarming to see! and I have since missed that feature in Gw2, it could be simple, have your characters follow you around and attack the mobs you attack, they of course should be using the outfit/gear you currently have on them, and they should do nothing more than attack and perhaps try to heal you when you go down as Rox and Braham so often do in story missions, I see no need to further complicate things with anything else like utilities and the like.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

NPCs with player stats wouldn’t live very long. An 11k health NPC elementalist for example would die within 2 seconds to almost everything in HoT.

Then bump them with more HP and Toughness like they do the monsters.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

To fight with? No, I can’t see that happening. However…

There’s another suggestion about a walk-in wardrobe

If ANet can make that happen (and that sounds like a lot of fun), then maybe they can make room for several of our characters to be on display.

(Mind you, I think both ideas are very unlikely: high costs, high maintenance, and hardly any value for a lot of people.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: SlaveIITheGame.3692

SlaveIITheGame.3692

Didn’t the your alt as a hero in gw1 only copy the class and look of your alt, but not their gear. So you would have to have a fresh set of gear to put on them. I thought I could save plat by making my alt a hero

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Just let us summon an alt to run around with like a mini pet i will be extremely happy. Even they don’t actually aid me in combat, as long as they draw weapons when i drawn mine.

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

I’d love the idea and the overall hero thing, but I’ve got nightmares figuring how the AI would handle my builds…