MMO gaming: Females vs Males

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Yawp :,D…. -sniff-

Attachments:

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

(edited by jayvux.4128)

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

My body is ready.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

Whatever makes you feel better about girls beating you. ;-)

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: Aarean.5398

Aarean.5398

Whatever makes you feel better about girls beating you. ;-)

Lol get outta here. His pic is funny and true. My friend posed as a woman going into a guild a long time ago in wow and they showered him with items and gold and mounts. Its a sad truth. When they found out he was a guy after being in for months they kicked him right there. Probably out of shame

Posted by: Adventurous Cookie.1658

Adventurous Cookie.1658

Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that’s the man I want to be. And if I die today, that’s the man I’ll be.

Attachments:

Anet, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would say that has more to do with the maturity of the playerbase rather than the females vs males itself. Mature people don’t really make a difference between a male player and a female player.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I should pretend to be a girl and ask someone to donate me a precursor.

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I would say that has more to do with the maturity of the playerbase rather than the females vs males itself. Mature people don’t really make a difference between a male player and a female player.

lol, right.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Since it is usually believed female avatars are created by male players, I am not sure what the message is supposed to be here….

….and if just claiming you are female nets you ‘goodies’, that says little for the male playerbase supposedly showering said ‘goodies’, no?

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

lol, right.

Pretty true, actually. I’ve always been an openly female gamer and used female avatars for years, but I’ve never been showered obsessively with gifts.

Wondering what I’m doing wrong :P It may be that I keep too much sensible, mature company.

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

….and if just claiming you are female nets you ‘goodies’, that says little for the male playerbase supposedly showering said ‘goodies’, no?

I think that’s what the thread is pointing out. :P

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

Pffft, get outta here. I have one female alt and one alt of indeterminate gender (Sylvari thief) and I ain’t never seen anything like it.

I think there are too many ladies running around for this to happen. Half the player-base at least, seems about right.

Aarean.5398

Its all an image ive seen it multiple times. Whether its my friend acting like a female or an actual female ive known do it. Its the cutesy clueless girls that get everyones attention and help. The mature women dont get anything special.

Posted by: stooshie.4316

stooshie.4316

lol, right.

Pretty true, actually. I’ve always been an openly female gamer and used female avatars for years, but I’ve never been showered obsessively with gifts.

Wondering what I’m doing wrong :P It may be that I keep too much sensible, mature company.

This ^ Where am I going wrong??
In my years of gaming, I have seen Men who role-play girls get far more “gifts” than us real females. They clearly are better at “clueless” than me

Novembriana
[HoL] Desolation since beta <3

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

lol, right.

In my years of gaming, I have seen Men who role-play girls get far more “gifts” than us real females. They clearly are better at “clueless” than me

I want to know what I am doing wrong too- I mean my account name is Morrigan- and all my characters are female- I never hide that I am a woman.
I get nothing.

Gunnar’s Hold

Aarean.5398

lol stop asking that same question and refer to my last post…

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

MMORPG = Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

lol, right.

I want to know what I am doing wrong too- I mean my account name is Morrigan- and all my characters are female- I never hide that I am a woman.
I get nothing.

Me either… and I’ve been playing since before Pong….

Here I am… I’m female… When do the gifts supposedly show up?

oh…wait… I know how to play… Never mind… false alarm…

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

For me it’s charrs. Big beastly charrs male or female gets my attention haha oh man I shouldnt be posting here after drinking ._.

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

I’ve gotten a lot of unwanted attention and presents on my female character ’till I made it clear I was a (manly, hairy) man. Creepy.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: OliverLogan.7145

OliverLogan.7145

This is as much a test of how the forum handles uploaded images as it is to contribute, but this seems to happen a lot.

Attachments:

Turning Dolyaks into [Slab of Red Meat] since 2012.

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

But when you take those rose-colored glasses off…

Attachments:

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I’ve gotten a lot of unwanted attention and presents on my female character ’till I made it clear I was a (manly, hairy) man. Creepy.

Hahah. I know the feel. Didn’t have it in GW2 though, luckily.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

This is as much a test of how the forum handles uploaded images as it is to contribute, but this seems to happen a lot.

Well it is just true for the most part, however there are a lot of females gaming. I actually find it nice that there are women/girls who like fighting etc. :P

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

we have quitte a bit of females in our guild (we speak over ts so they are female or castrated males) when i asked them about that they said they don’t enjoy the gifts and attention.
but its true, in our guild i like to think people are mature enough, so we manage to keep our players, including the female ones.

they did say that we can turn down the sex jokes a little, but that happens in every guild so i think that’s just something they are going to have to get used too.

Posted by: Kiayin.3427

Kiayin.3427

Some people completely change their attitudes when they find out you’re a girl. From then on you need to fight the neverending flirting wave. Everything you say starts to have a sexual meaning. It can get really tiring… I once told my guildies in a game: I asked my friend if she wants to come. Their reaction made me want to run into a column and wake up with amnesia.
I’ve started fighting people who try to give me stuff my own way. Oh, you want to give me some halloween tonics? Here, have some Omnomberry Tarts! Thankfully there are a lot of mature people around, as well! ^^;

Posted by: Kylah.7391

Kylah.7391

I was playing last night when a player shouted for help and my guild buddy decided to help him out, when the guy that needed help thanked him I jokingly said he should pay my friend for his services. The guy then sends ME 18 gold coins after my friend mentioned my gender!
Also, post above is so true.

Kylah Bliss a Thief in the Shadows
[ASOS] Asuran Society of Socialites
Skype -Kylalalah-

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Not to dismiss anyone here, but this seemed appropriate

Attachments:

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Back in GW1 you still heard “Are you really a girl?” with female characters.

Nowadays so many males make female characters, that people had changed their way of thinking from “people try to make their character as a avatar” to the default Internet stance on the issue: “If there’s no photo, it has scrotum”.
That is, they’ll consider you a guy until there’s proof of otherwise.

Also, there’s so much visual clutter all over the place with all these flashy skill visuals, that no one can really see if someone is female, and open areas have become such a boring grind with these farmodromes designed for zergs and champion runs that people play while watching something else on a TV or another computer. So they can’t hear the character’s voice.

My guild have quite some females, and we still have the occasional surprised new memeber when we get to Teamspeak for Guild missions, but it quickly wears off as nobody makes a big deal about it.

Dismissiveness is too often dismissed. A “so what?” at the right time can make much more than a hundred rallies and demonstrations.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

lol, right.

I get nothing.

Another female here that must be doing something wrong. Same as you, female-sounding username, female toons, never hide that I’m one when I’ve applied for a guild in any game. Yet I still struggle along to earn gold in this game and don’t get any more help than the other female or male members in the groups I’ve been in.

Where is all mah free stuff?!

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not contributing to the current issues and concerns, it is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.