Merchant: Warning selling Ascended

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Hello guys,

This is just a minor change, but I happen to accidently sell my ascended legs to a random merchant in the game. I did not notice it. My suggestion is to give a warning just like when you are about to destroy something exotic.

Cya!

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

or make them unsaleable like legendarys

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

check the buy back on a merchant any merchant, it might still be there

The V.8759

I checked it, was too long ago

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

I’ve sold random stuff I shouldn’t have to merchants, it happens, just pay more attention to what you are selling off before you do. Make it a point to check the buyback option to make sure you did not sell anything you shouldn’t have before ending the transaction with the merchant.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

There is a really nice item in the game called:

• Invisible Bag(20slot)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/20_Slot_Invisible_Bag

it’s not expensive and it’s ability can be recognized greatly by clumsy players.

P.S. – contact support.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

There are also of course cheaper invisible bags with 15 or 18 slots .. and all of my characters have one of them

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Support is usually very helpful in these situations. I agree, though, ascended armor and weapons should have a pop-up or require you to type the name of the item before selling to a merchant.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I checked it, was too long ago

time is not the issue. If you sell it then leave the area (log out, character swap, leave instance, wp to another map, etc.), then they disappear forever. Basically, you had to realize then that you sold it and just go buy it back for the same price (from any merchant in that zone, even).

The V.8759

Contacted support and explained my situation. I am also going to buy these invisible bags. Thanks for those suggestions!

Next to that, I still think the warning wouldnt be of any harm ^^

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I imagine a warning might be a pain to that rare individual who has so many Ascended Rings he has no more bank space and wants to do a garage sale to benefit the needy merchants of Lion’s Arch. Given I’ve yet to see an Ascended drop, it would not bother me at all.

If we never see such a warning, us old folks have a saying, “Haste makes waste.”

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

As one that is annoyed that I have to type in the kitten ed HoM Portal Stone every time I delete one on character creation, I would rather not see more of this in the game. There are invisible bags, a buy back function from merchants, and then there is also the ability for each person not to spam sell through their inventory.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

As one that is annoyed that I have to type in the kitten ed HoM Portal Stone every time I delete one on character creation, I would rather not see more of this in the game. There are invisible bags, a buy back function from merchants, and then there is also the ability for each person not to spam sell through their inventory.

A better buy back function would however not be bad. In Everquest 2 we just had a
history of the last 10 items we sold, and we could always buy them back as long as
we didn’t sold more.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

But how often do you see yourself purposely selling finished ascended pieces? I’m talking about armor and weapons. A pop-up would work well, just one that says “are you sure you want to sell ____?” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been moving items from my bank to bags, and drag the item outside the windows. I’m thankful for a pop-up there asking me if I want to delete the item.

Posted by: Scrivs.4501

Scrivs.4501

^
Exactly.

Of course you should always check what you’re doing, and yes the invisible bags are indeed of great help. But who in his right mind would purposely want to sell ascended armor pieces to a merchant for next to no value?

A simple pop-up asking for your confirmation wouldn’t be out of place or annoying when it comes to items like these.

[EU] Desolation
Mesmer – Necromancer – Ranger – Elementalist – Revenant

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I think just paying attention would be better than a pop-up notification. When I’m vendoring, I basically go by color. If it’s green or blue (and not a cloth item), it gets sold. If it’s yellow, gold/orange, or pink, it stays.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Bad thing about not being able to sell them is that if you run lots of fractals, you get dozens, if not hundreds, of useless rings. It would be nice to be able to salvage them, or trade them, or mystic toilet them. Ask support though, you might get a good response!

Scrivs.4501

I think just paying attention would be better than a pop-up notification. When I’m vendoring, I basically go by color. If it’s green or blue (and not a cloth item), it gets sold. If it’s yellow, gold/orange, or pink, it stays.

Yes, of course. I do this too. But that’s not entirely the point I think.

The point is; what if you happen to, by accident, sell a valuable item to a merchant without properly checking what you just did (who knows, maybe it’s 4 in the morning and you’re not thinking straight anymore), and you happen to not notice it until the next day resulting in you not being able to get it back.
Wouldn’t you, in that case, rather have had a simple pop-up window asking you if you’re sure to sell this item to prevent this from happening?

Again, I fully understand your point and I agree with you. But in the end we’re all still human and mistakes can happen. Even when you normally always think before you act.

[EU] Desolation

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Of course mistakes happen (a while back I wasted 300ish Arah tokens on a medium chest instead of the heavy chest I wanted and have done similarly silly mistakes). But I honestly would just be annoyed if I had to clear away a prompt every time I went to sell or buy something. I just don’t think there needs to be safety net for everything.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

But how often do you see yourself purposely selling finished ascended pieces? I’m talking about armor and weapons. A pop-up would work well, just one that says “are you sure you want to sell ____?” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been moving items from my bank to bags, and drag the item outside the windows. I’m thankful for a pop-up there asking me if I want to delete the item.

The pop confirm is something I could live with. Just not the full copy and delete bar. Personally I don’t foresee myself purposefully selling ascended. I HAVE accidently sold a couple rings but thankfully bought them back immediately.

I’m sure there are filthy rich individuals out there that would chuck ascended gear, like a mad billionaire burning money, but you’re right that the vast majority would have no reason to. Some extra warning would be welcome.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I would highly recommend investing in an invisible bag of some sort.

This problem can be completely avoided by placing your valuables in said bag.

Scrivs.4501

Of course mistakes happen (a while back I wasted 300ish Arah tokens on a medium chest instead of the heavy chest I wanted and have done similarly silly mistakes). But I honestly would just be annoyed if I had to clear away a prompt every time I went to sell or buy something. I just don’t think there needs to be safety net for everything.

Again, I agree. But it’s not about ‘something’ here though. It’s about just ascended items. (as the title of the thread states)

Of course, I would also go completely bonkers if I had to click to confirm every time I wanted to sell a blue or green item.

[EU] Desolation