[Merged] Your opinions of the LFG tool

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

If the tool was designed for complete randoms why can you even put a description? Is it a contest who makes the most creative one?

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

If the tool was designed for complete randoms why can you even put a description? Is it a contest who makes the most creative one?

Its a contest to see who can get the worst group

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

AntiGw,
Really?I mean really?Elitists?

I have 2 stories for you.
Yesterday i was leading CoE.I was with one friend and 3 randoms.When we were in the room with the exploding robots i specifically said we are doing 1-4 pressing strategy.What happened?only 2 people pressed.And we had to clear the whole room and for that we did bloody 5 wipes.
When we went to the boss with the ice debuff at that place i finally understand we have a newbie with us.

Look now,i don’t have anything against new players as long i know they are in my group so i can explain to them what to do,where to stand,what is the tacktick and so on…
I prefer to explain for 2 minutes rather than wipe again and agin on easy things…

Now the 2nd story
Yesterday i was in a guild run also for TA all paths,but one of the members couldn’t stay to the end so we were with 1 less for F/U.I specifically wrote in the post ‘’GLF1M brezerker for path F/U’‘.And what did i received?First one who joined has never done before TA and was with 66AP.He couldn’t be more newbie.Second one who joined was a guard who didn’t even know what we were doing until we went to the bloody path.
Come on WTF is this?!?!?I wrote everything in my post.Read then join.Don’t do the opposite…

People should start reading what is written so i can take a break from kicking them.Only because a post is made this doesn’t mean everyone is invited in the bloody group.There are specific requirements i set in my post which has to be preserved.People should stop joining on a whim every LFG post that is up.
Read first then join.It’s actually THAT simple…

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

haviz.1340

Anyone that doesn’t want to teach complete scrubs is an elitist thesedays. Gw2 = Scrubs Heavens.

You’d think people are making all those dungeons guides for a reason.

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

You obviously ran dungeons a million times without the LFG tool, so just don’t use it.

You think Anet designed a LFG tool for the 0.01% of players who farm dungeons?

Leave it for the casuals.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Well that makes you an exception, not a rule. Did you even read the opening post? He wouldn’t accept anyone below a certain amount of AP, sorry but that is elitism. Don’t know why you are defending it if you clearly don’t agree with it.

Why do you care if some people want to run with only experienced people. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that and if you are new, as i said before, join a guild and ask there or join one of the groups that say anyone welcome and have fun with those 1 hr ac p3 runs. The only thing i disagree with is the AP requirement because that just shows people enjoy doing the faceroll LS content.

Because every person has a duty to be understanding to every other person. I was taught this since I was born, and am told it used to be common knowledge. People need help, you help them, because you are their equal and partner and they are yours, when you help anyone the world improves and you have helped everyone, including yourself. If you refuse that, it is because you set yourself above those who need help. Why that idea seems to be not only alien these days, but maligned with extreme prejudice is beyond me.

Your whole concepts are so wrong I don’t even want to start.
Nobody has a duty to anyone. Our society – in real life – might impose certain obligations and norms but in a game – that’s just it – anyone can play the way they want.

You want to play your terrible stat-combo-trait ele? Fine. Your choice and you can play the way you want.
I want to play so far away from you and people like you I hardly even see you? My choice and that’s also fine. You can’t and won’t force yourself into my parties.

I’ve stated it before – my time is important to me. I’m playing the game for myself – not for every new and inexperienced player. I’m not some tutorial A-net employee.

@Olba- god forbid the new players go through the paces of actually learning how to improve their game.
Instead of them grouping up with people of similar skill – and failing -and trying again and failing – just because the “elitist” part of the player base is better at the dungeons ( due to hundreds of hours of work) we should now just carry them along and give them the EZmode version of the game.
Let me think about it – absolutely not.

This discussion is pointless – it is apparent the non-elitists are only interested in promoting their idea of forced community.
They’re basically forcing you to play with them and moreover calling it ok EVEN THOUGH you don’t want to have anything to do with them.

Why? Because that’s how they feel.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

AntiGw,

Oh noes, people wiped. The horror.

I have one story for you. The whole party wiped at Jade Maw, except one person with one crystal. Then the whole party was revived repeatedly until more crystals were farmed and it was defeated.

Your elitist groups would simply disband at the horrific inefficiency of all that. Our group faced the challenge and prevailed. That’s what made it all the more enjoyable.

Yeah, I have no sympathy for your likes :/

champ.7021

AntiGw,

I have one story for you. The whole party wiped at Jade Maw, except one person with one crystal. Then the whole party was revived repeatedly until more crystals were farmed and it was defeated.

Your elitist groups would simply disband at the horrific inefficiency of all that. Our group faced the challenge and prevailed. That’s what made it all the more enjoyable.

Nope my group wouldnt wipe in the first place because i wouldnt have kittenty players in my group because fractals are the one place besides arah i really cant stand bad players. And if for some reason we did wipe no one would disband because we are not kittens. Clearly you have no understanding or experience with “elitist” groups to make any judgements at all. (also how the kitten do you wipe at maw, with AR its literally the easiest boss in the game you just stand and press 1 to win)

(edited by champ.7021)

Posted by: naboac.5876

naboac.5876

I don´t get why everyone is angry, maybe he have limited playtime and want a smooth run? I see nothing wrong with that. If they don´t give us options for this, people will get kicked anyways. It just gives everyone a better experience.

naboac.5876

I don´t get all the hate. If op wants a smooth run, why not? Maybe he have limited playtime? People will get kicked anyway, why not give us the options from the beginning? It makes it smoother for everyone.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I just think people aren’t used to it yet. Hell, there’s barely any listings as is. I make sure to read the “requirements”, but the max I’ve seen per dungeon was 3 :P I’d say give it some time.

(Also, please leave a brief description at least. Not a fan of seeing TAP1 with 0 extra information)

(edited by Tamaki Revolution.3548)

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

What the OP is looking for is a guild.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

moiraine.2753

AntiGw,

Do you even understand that i’m NOT bothered with the casuals?But of the lack of reading comprehansion.

I make a post which is looking for something specific like berzerker for instance.This means i don’t freeking want PVT players because i already have such in my group and i don’t need 2nd one.
Or in my post is written lvl38 fractal 40AR is needed.And if i get someone with less AR how exactly is this Elitist behaviour from my side when i kick him???
If i kick someone it’s their fault for not reading my post.It’s a common knowledge.

AntiGw.9367

AntiGw,

Do you even understand that i’m NOT bothered with the casuals?But of the lack of reading comprehansion.

I make a post which is looking for something specific like berzerker for instance.This means i don’t freeking want PVT players because i already have such in my group and i don’t need 2nd one.
Or in my post is written lvl38 fractal 40AR is needed.And if i get someone with less AR how exactly is this Elitist behaviour from my side when i kick him???
If i kick someone it’s their fault for not reading my post.It’s a common knowledge.

Not having enough AR is not even remotely the same with your previous examples.

moiraine.2753

AntiGw,
Of course it is related.I will repeat what i already said once.

The problem is that the playerbase doesn’t bloody read the descripntion of the post.When i put a specific requirements in my post i expect of people 2 things:
1st to read what is written
2nd to do what is wanted from the poster
When neither of those 2 things is not met then why are people joining the group???
It’s actually quite simple.
Follow the bloody text.

(edited by moiraine.2753)

champ.7021

Anti GW is also anti logic.
he hates elitists and wants the lfg tool to discriminate against them. He thinks they deserve no sympathy for having to deal with people who cant read (like himself). Although what he doesnt see is that he is an elitist towards elitists thinking that his masochistic ways of playing the game are superior to others.

AntiGw.9367

AntiGw,

The problem is that the playerbase doesn’t bloody read the descripntion of the post.When i put a specific requirements in my post i expect of people 2 things:
When neither of those 2 things is not met then why are people joining the group???
Follow the bloody text.

1st, you can kick people that really did join an irrelevant group (like joining the wrong dungeon or something).

2nd, a lot of content is designed for a very broad range of skill and gear, so it’s not right to add a restriction to the tool itself. You may want someone with 45 AR, but what if the content can be handled with 30, just with some additional challenge?

Do you have the right to only accept people with 45AR? Yes.

Do you have the right to have a tool that lets you exclude anyone under 45AR? kitten no.

The tool, as explained by devs, lets you find people who can complete a dungeon. That means, as interpreted by me, that nobody under level 30 can join AC. People in white gear with 0 achievement points can still complete it when they hit level 30, so it wouldn’t make sense to exclude them.

The tool doesn’t let you enforce arbitrary standards that let you make faster runs to the detriment of the community. Note the “detriment” part.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

And this is why they need a user friendly queue system that does all the work for us. The current implementation is pretty bad and will suck for both elite level players and new players.

Elite players will find it frustrating. And new players will be scared to use it.

Surely it will result in the same thing? Newbs and ‘non-desirable’ builds and professions getting kicked, while waiting for someone else to join that has the desired setup?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

moiraine.2753

Of course i have the right to do what i want with my own group.It’s MY bloody group.If someone else wants different things to make another group.

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

To give the ingame tool another shot, I started my listing with “Read carefully”, noone did. Lvl36s and undesired professions flooded my group. I will miss the time of gw2lfg.com.

Tz tz

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

AntiGw,

Follow the bloody text.

1st, you can kick people that really did join an irrelevant group (like joining the wrong dungeon or something).

2nd, a lot of content is designed for a very broad range of skill and gear, so it’s not right to add a restriction to the tool itself. You may want someone with 45 AR, but what if the content can be handled with 30, just with some additional challenge?

Do you have the right to have a tool that lets you exclude anyone under 45AR? kitten no.

The tool, as explained by devs, lets you find people who can complete a dungeon. That means, as interpreted by me, that nobody under level 30 can join AC. People in white gear with 0 achievement points can still complete it when they hit level 30, so it wouldn’t make sense to exclude them.

The tool doesn’t let you enforce arbitrary standards that let you make faster runs to the detriment of the community. Note the “detriment” part.

Why would anyone want more challenge? The content can be challenging the first few times you play through. After that it’s just a drag and a chore. You do it for loot. Why would I want to get loot slower?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

AntiGw.9367

Why would anyone want more challenge? The content can be challenging the first few times you play through. After that it’s just a drag and a chore. You do it for loot. Why would I want to get loot slower?

You mean you do it for pixels.

Here’s an idea – open Photoshop, draw some loot. You can get way more loot that way, why are you even bothering playing the game if you don’t enjoy it?

naboac.5876

They need to make it english only, this is a pretty big problem EU, last time I checked nearly 50% was in another language. And as everyone else says, people need to read the discription.

moiraine.2753

AntiGw,

Follow the bloody text.

You are braging again about something.The tool lets me find people yes but that is big BUT.When i wrrite in the post what i want people should read it and do what it says.If they meet the requirements someone has set then they can join if the player thinks he doesn’t meet those requirements then he shouldn’t join.

For instance in FotM i may need only a guardian as last spot and i have perfectly said it it the post IF some other class joins of course it will be kicked.What would he expect?The post is very clear.

The same goes for the other dungeons.If i need glass canon then such should join.What ever the post says people MUST always read 1st then join.

If i write LFM or GLF2M… or something similar then everyone is welcome in my group.But if a newbie joins he should tell so we can explain him what to do.I hate pointless wipes.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Anyone that doesn’t want to teach complete scrubs is an elitist thesedays. Gw2 = Scrubs Heavens.

They won’t stop being scrubs until they learn from someone who isn’t.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

People in white gear with 0 achievement points can still complete it when they hit level 30, so it wouldn’t make sense to exclude them.

How in the nine hells could you reach level 30 without having a single Achievement Point? That doesn’t seem physically possible…

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

The people who want to abuse the LFG in order to restrict runs to certain professions/levels/achievement points/gear so they can shave off a minute here or there (not that it matters, you’re playing an MMO, thus your time has little value) can create groups the same way they did in the past: The LFG website or guilds. The LFG tool is for the rest of us, so we can avoid you people.

Or preferably, just go back to WoW. I see that community’s attitude slowing infesting this community and I really don’t care for it.

Posted by: blaugruen.5038

blaugruen.5038

I guess someone did mention it. Split the dungon selection to story and explorable. Most of the (new) players who join AC or CM dungeon lfg with “join for path x” dont even know what “path” means.

Second: If you dont have the “Story mode” you should not be able to select explorable >within the lfg tool<, but still can join the dungeon without the story mode completed. If someone is looking for a group outside of the lfg tool, he may join any dungeon if the person gets invited.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

^
I came to say what was already said. The LFG tool seems perfect. It functions just like I wanted it to function – you can type a custom message, select a dungeon, tell other people your criteria, it isn’t auto-grouping like WoW’s LFG is and it allows to express yourself.
My only complaint is that story and explorable isn’t separated. If it was, it would just bring a nice new level of cleanliness that I think the tool could use

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

The LFG tool is for the rest of us, so we can avoid you people.

Why would anyone think the LFG tool is for casuals? Dungeons are the least casual friendly content I’ve encountered in the entire game. Incidentally, the unskilled and inexperienced players in question aren’t typically casuals to begin with. They’re just new. Some gain skills and stay patient and willing to teach, others are just glad that phase of dungeoneering is over and only want to group up with other experienced players. In my experience running with both types of groups helps players improve their knowledge and skills. We shouldn’t try to cut one or the other out of the equation.

And we need to stop with this polarized view of the community. The casual/hardcore split is much less prominent in-game. Most of us want the same things; to have fun and minimize hassles.

haviz.1340

There are plenty of guides on internet. Should everything be handed to them on silver platter?

AntiGw.9367

My only complaint is that story and explorable isn’t separated. If it was, it would just bring a nice new level of cleanliness that I think the tool could use

Maybe this too was intentional, it’s just too obvious to forget to include it.

If it was omitted for simplicity’s sake, I would support making a small checkbox and color-code the background of the listings…

Actually no, screw that too, too much clutter. It’s just easier to type P1/P2/P3 in the beginning of the description.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

There are plenty of guides on internet. Should everything be handed to them on silver platter?

In general, watching a guide is not the same as experiencing the dungeon. It’s why driver’s education isn’t just watching videos.

One the other hand. I agree there should be someway to isolate the elitist from the rest of the population. If having an “i am an elitist kitten” checkbox on an LFG will do it then I’m all for it. But I only support it if you guys agree that you will otherwise leave the rest of us alone. That means no more “omg greatsword in dungeons” posts. If we don’t check the box, we are obviously bad and don’t give a kitten.

I think anything more than that will be disastrous for everyone who is not an elitist. I almost want to see it implemented, just because it’s interesting to watch this game shoot itself in the foot.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

The LFG tool is for the rest of us, so we can avoid you people.

Why would anyone think the LFG tool is for casuals? Dungeons are the least casual friendly content I’ve encountered in the entire game. Incidentally, the unskilled and inexperienced players in question aren’t typically casuals to begin with. They’re just new. Some gain skills and stay patient and willing to teach, others are just glad that phase of dungeoneering is over and only want to group up with other experienced players. In my experience running with both types of groups helps players improve their knowledge and skills. We shouldn’t try to cut one or the other out of the equation.

And we need to stop with this polarized view of the community. The casual/hardcore split is much less prominent in-game. Most of us want the same things; to have fun and minimize hassles.

Which is it, because I’ve read both claims on these forums. Are dungeons faceroll or are they difficult? If they’re faceroll, then it shouldn’t matter much what you get from LFG. If they’re challenging, then do you really want to draw random people you’ve never played with from LFG?

I can tell you that from my initial impressions of the LFG tool along with how negative this community is, that I probably won’t be using this tool. I’ve been playing for a while but I haven’t set foot in a dungeon. I’m interested, but it looks like the best way to go for me, is to see if some people in my guild are willing to help me out.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

In general, watching a guide is not the same as experiencing the dungeon. It’s why driver’s education isn’t just watching videos.

One the other hand. I agree there should be someway to isolate the elitist from the rest of the population. If having an “i am an elitist kitten” checkbox on an LFG will do it then I’m all for it. But I only support it if you guys agree that you will otherwise leave the rest of us alone. That means no more “omg greatsword in dungeons” posts. If we don’t check the box, we are obviously bad and don’t give a kitten.

I think anything more than that will be disastrous for everyone who is not an elitist. I almost want to see it implemented, just because it’s interesting to watch this game shoot itself in the foot.

I leveled my mesmer, watched strife’s videos on COE, took my mesmer in to my usual dungeon group and basically did everything I was expected to flawlessly.

Watching a video of a dungeon run (preferably of the class you are playing) actually makes things very clear.

I also have no problem with “elitists” being isolated, that’s basically what we’ve been trying to do since forever, but bads keep entering “experienced” groups.

From a purely selfish standpoint, I don’t agree with discriminating on AP, because I have a measly 3950 and yet I constantly run with people with anything between 6 and 12k and are able to play on exactly the same level, in fact yesterday when I used the lfg tool and PUG’d COE there was a 7.1k AP rifle warrior, and there was some 5k AP bearbow ranger who I didn’t ever even bother try to res. He constantly faceplanted in pretty much every fight as well.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

That happens. I had a COF p. 1 mesmer the other day who insisted on doing the boulders (I was also a mesmer) and he flubbed it. It just doesn’t bother me.

Like I said, a checkbox to indicate that you are serious and will basically be mean to anyone who doesn’t measure up to some arbitrary standard is good (well not good, but I don’t want to run with you (too much stress) and you don’t want to run with me (I’m bad), so let’s make it official).

However, demanding automated class/gear/AP check is bad. Mostly because it would encourage people who aren’t like you to act like you.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Which is it, because I’ve read both claims on these forums. Are dungeons faceroll or are they difficult? If they’re faceroll, then it shouldn’t matter much what you get from LFG. If they’re challenging, then do you really want to draw random people you’ve never played with from LFG?

They’re challenging, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. That term is just more of the rubbish hyperbole of elitist gamers. Think about it, if dungeons were ‘faceroll’ there wouldn’t be any need for elitism, would there. It’d be one massive zerg from start to finish, like Scarlet’s invasions.

Some dungeons paths do become easy for experienced players with decent gear and builds, but often one bad pull or failed skip (here’s lookin’ at you, TA) can result in chaos, raging and hilarity.

PUGs work quite well as long as everyone at least has a grasp of dungeon basics, and communicates when needed.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Anzenketh,
The problem is that people don’t bloody read the descripntion of the post.When i put a specific requirements in my post i expect of people 2 things:
When neither of those 2 things are not met then why are people joining the group???
It’s actually quite simple to follow the text.

I can think of a few reasons reasons.

1.) They can’t read. (kick them)
2.) They don’t care and are just going to grief you (kick them)
3.) They were hoping you would accept them anyways(add a communication feature that someone wanting to join a party can wispier the party leader to ask if he fits the requirements. ).

But ultimately what it comes down too. The tool was not designed to fulfill the requirements of a small subset of players that like to min/max. If you want to do that scheduled runs/guild runs would be best.

Adding more restriction features would hurt the tool. Too many people would use the feature just because it is there.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Anzenketh,
The problem is that people don’t bloody read the descripntion of the post.When i put a specific requirements in my post i expect of people 2 things:
When neither of those 2 things are not met then why are people joining the group???
It’s actually quite simple to follow the text.

I can think of a few reasons reasons.

1.) They can’t read. (kick them)
2.) They don’t care and are just going to grief you (kick them)
3.) They were hoping you would accept them anyways(add a communication feature that someone wanting to join a party can wispier the party leader to ask if he fits the requirements. ).

But ultimately what it comes down too. The tool was not designed to fulfill the requirements of a small subset of players that like to min/max. If you want to do that scheduled runs/guild runs would be best.

Adding more restriction features would hurt the tool. Too many people would use the feature just because it is there.

As is the vast majority of posts don’t have X is required in their text… so why do you think that more people would all of a sudden start wanting to require X?

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: Wirinus Satinus.8246

Wirinus Satinus.8246

I have limited time in day to play ,in that time I wanna do as much dungeon paths in shortest amount of time .My char is full exo full ascended with legendary ,I worked kitten my gear ,and I know my stuf.Would it be crazy for example if I wanna do AC all 3 paths which is for good group time consuming ,to ask for gearcheck in lfg msg ,that way i can make shore that players in my group are all fool exo and not with stats all over the place?

Posted by: Geemo.6018

Geemo.6018

What a joke. Next generation mmo content that is inferior to content that others created several years ago. Wow’s lfg > Gw2 lfg all day long.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

What a joke. Next generation mmo content that is inferior to content that others created several years ago. Wow’s lfg > Gw2 lfg all day long.

May I ask why? because you get joined with random noobs there without having any choice or say in what qualities you’re searching for in people?
Why are you still here? And why so sour? That you got kicked from several parties? Well people kick others from parties in WoW too.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Had an enjoyable time the two times I’ve used it so far. No “intense” party discussions over classes and loadouts.

Great way to avoid those type of teams.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Maybe this too was intentional, it’s just too obvious to forget to include it.

If it was omitted for simplicity’s sake, I would support making a small checkbox and color-code the background of the listings…

Actually no, screw that too, too much clutter. It’s just easier to type P1/P2/P3 in the beginning of the description.

Is it too difficult to say you are looking for or running story mode in the comment?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

anzenketh.3759

As is the vast majority of posts don’t have X is required in their text… so why do you think that more people would all of a sudden start wanting to require X?

If the tools that the OP is asking for are added then it would be ArenaNet encouraging this type of play. This is what I have agents those features added. If they add the features it would be the equivalent of ArenaNet saying. “Yes we want only level 80’s to run though this dungeon even though the actual level requirement is much lower.” When I can guarantee you that is not how the game is designed to be played. It is designed for that level 80 to run those lower levels around for the ascended materials. To build a community of cooperation and helpfulness.

It is a small vocal majority of the player-base that wants these requirements. They are not needed. If they want to make those type of groups. Type it into the notes. Kick out the non-conformers.

colesy.8490

So you’re allowed to play how you want, but I’m not? Is that what you’re saying?

anzenketh.3759

So you’re allowed to play how you want, but I’m not? Is that what you’re saying?

You are allowed to play how you want. But there is no need to put something into the game that is contrary to the game design of fostering a helpful community. Put your requirement in the description. Deal with the people who ignore it.

AntiGw.9367

You are allowed, just don’t expect that the tool will support your specific style of playing, just like it’s not going to support parties only for people that own a mini Mr Sparkles. You can still make such parties, but the tool won’t prevent people who don’t own Mr. Sparkles from joining.

I assume the devs will try to find a balance between fullscale elitist mode and features that support community building. You may get some options, that will be limited at a point where the tool doesn’t cause too much damage to the game’s social aspect.

colesy.8490

Having groups form with properly geared players and then low levels, badly geared players and non-(language) speaking players does not support community building at all. All it does is create resentment and put people off dungeoning after having a bad experience with it. On the other hand, if you are able to outline some requirements to your groups, you can group with people you are interested in actually playing with.

All you guys want is to be separate from the “elitists”, which is fine. It’s just there’s currently no way to do this within the LFG system as it currently is.

anzenketh.3759

Having groups form with properly geared players and then low levels, badly geared players and non-(language) speaking players does not support community building at all. All it does is create resentment and put people off dungeoning after having a bad experience with it. On the other hand, if you are able to outline some requirements to your groups, you can group with people you are interested in actually playing with.

All you guys want is to be separate from the “elitists”, which is fine. It’s just there’s currently no way to do this within the LFG system as it currently is.

No it is not that we want to be separated from elitists. It is we don’t want to turn the LFG tool into something that encourages that attitude.

I have no problem with non-language speaking players. Due to the point of the tool is to get players together and communicate a filter(Not restriction) of that just makes sense.

I do have a problem with the player determining what is considered badly geared or what is low level and letting the player put in those arbitrary limits into the tool. If it is the right gear for the dungeon or the right level for the dungeon they should be allowed to play in any group that will accept them.