Mini Llama limited? Please sell!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Hi there. I saw a mini llama in game and I really like it. Someone told me that only good players can get it. Then I saw the blog post about getting a new llama, and it’s still limited. Guild Wars 2, please let everyone have a mini llama. These are the cutest toys, and I want one. Why do these have to be P2W? Can you please put them in the gem store? I would pay real money for this. I don’t think it’s fair that only a few players can have a great mini like this.

Attachments:

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I recommend you go spend lots of time in pvp….

These aren’t going to go into the gem store (and if they do, anet should be smacked). They are nice ‘special snowflake’ for those that win mulitple llamas over time.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Hmph. Only great PvP players or very lucky spectators could get the llama.

Natto.5819

That is not fair. I was told Guild Wars 2 is not a P2W game. How do I get in the top 500 in PvP? Do I just win a few games, or play a lot of games and have good win/loss ratio?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

That is not fair. I was told Guild Wars 2 is not a P2W game. How do I get in the top 500 in PvP? Do I just win a few games, or play a lot of games and have good win/loss ratio?

Getting top 500 in PvP does not mean “Pay to Win”; it’s PLAY to win.

For the record, I’d LOVE to have the mini llama. I love llamas. They’re one of my favorite things ever. However, I don’t do spvp, and I don’t plan on changing that. So, I’ve accepted that I’ll never get the mini.

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

First learn what is P2W and then learn how to PvP.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wait what? I never seen that before or noticed it in mini list. kitten that’s things classy as ****. I want it and don’t even like Llamas. I play Spvp quite a bit but don’t have a strong enough attention span to be competitive enough to spam ranked. ;o Maybe if Stronghold was it’s own Queue and was part of getting that since FA always held my attention strongly.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The llama in the picture does not seem to be the mini llama currently in game. The current llama doesn’t have the hat or bowtie.

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

Would be better if the pvp players could sell them in-game, it’s kinda silly you can only get them via winning pvp, being lucky in lottery or buying from german ebay (because anet gave them free for people who visited some con of theirs).

Also learning how to pvp is kinda pointless for this one, ‘cause you need a good team too so in reality it means you need to get really serious about pvp as you’re against people who are too, find a guild/team, practice daily before it starts and then pray heavens you don’t get matched with top tier parties, since they wrote you need to win the matches… so likely if you lose, it’ll bring your points down. The way I read that is that if your team is bad, you’re screwed.

(edited by Onis.2418)

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

You probably have to play 500 ranked pvp games during the upcoming 8 week ladder give or take 100 games to get into top 500.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

You make the new mini llama by combining 4 of the previous llamas in the Mystic Toilet.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

The llama in the picture does not seem to be the mini llama currently in game. The current llama doesn’t have the hat or bowtie.

Correct, this llama is a mystic forged version using multiple regular llamas, per the blog post. Specifics have not been posted

You make the new mini llama by combining 4 of the previous llamas in the Mystic Toilet.

When I read the blog, that info hadnt been posted. They said they would elaborate closer to the end of the tournament, or did they update the blog?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Doggie.3184

Oh that’s from the news article just posted, nowonder I hadn’t seen it.

Sounds like a lot of work. ;o Going to need hundreds of wins.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

A Llama. With. A tie. And a hat. Oh you, ArenaNet. #depressed_face

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Doggie.3184

A Llama. With. A tie. And a hat. Oh you, ArenaNet. #depressed_face

Hopefully one day we get Hat and Ties for all mini-pets.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I don’t think it’s fair that only a few players can have a great mini like this.

Define fair. I would say this is like a prize for those who actually (sort of) won something in a competition. There’s hundreds of limited amount of goodies for all kinds of stuff in the world. This happens to be one of them. I don’t think it NEEDS to be available for everyone, just because.

That said, it would be nice to at least have some of these to give away during other events, I don’t believe it’s highly necessary.

Like, I wouldn’t go to an ArenaNet booth at a convention asking for a specific shirt they only gave to winning teams, demanding they should give it to everyone, because that’s more fair. Which leads to the same question: Is it really fair? Everyone really should be able to have everything? I don’t think that’s in any way healthy.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Celtic Lady.3729

I have to say that for the people that derive a huge amount of enjoyment from the game by collecting ALL of the mini-pets, I feel very badly for you.

The huge variety of things you have to do to keep up with this, from winning competitively in sPvP to jumping puzzles to tough boss fights and achievements to playing the RNG in the store, min-pet collectors have it rough. You have my respect and my sympathy. lol

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Why do these have to be P2W? Can you please put them in the gem store? I would pay real money for this.

You keep using that term, but I don’t think you know what it means. P2W means Pay To Win, and the mini llama being a tournament item is not Pay To Win for 2 reasons.
1. You don’t pay for it.
2. It doesn’t help you win.
Asking for it to be in the gemstore is closer to Pay to Win than it being in the tournament. Guild Wars 2 is not pay to win.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

How is PvP pay to win? And where can I insert a credit card? I’d love to get some of those finishers without doing any work! lol

I have to say that for the people that derive a huge amount of enjoyment from the game by collecting ALL of the mini-pets, I feel very badly for you.

The huge variety of things you have to do to keep up with this, from winning competitively in sPvP to jumping puzzles to tough boss fights and achievements to playing the RNG in the store, min-pet collectors have it rough. You have my respect and my sympathy. lol

The fact that you hardly see them whining about it gets my respect.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Natto.5819

A veteran player named Ohoni.6057 thinks that everyone should have equal access to things this game has. When a pro player thinks this, you have to agree, because he has experience. I paid for this game, so I should have access to items in this game. And I like this item, because it is cute. But if I can be top 500 in PvP, then I’m ok with that too.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m at a loss, are these Llama’s given out weekly? Or, is it one for the entire 8 weeks? How would one have enough to forge if you only get one?

I have no idea how difficult it is going to be to break into the top 500 OP. I’m assuming it’s going to be pretty difficult. Though there is an RNG factor to it. Since you have no control over whom the opposing team is.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

A veteran player named Ohoni.6057 thinks that everyone should have equal access to things this game has. When a pro player thinks this, you have to agree, because he has experience.

I’m also a veteran player (played GW1 and then started with beta for GW2). I have experience. I don’t think everyone should have equal access to all rewards if they don’t do the work required.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

A veteran player named Ohoni.6057 thinks that everyone should have equal access to things this game has. When a pro player thinks this, you have to agree, because he has experience. I paid for this game, so I should have access to items in this game. And I like this item, because it is cute. But if I can be top 500 in PvP, then I’m ok with that too.

You do have access; you aren’t locked out of PvP.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Btw there is a progression system linked to this mini-pet. It means this llama is an evolution of a basic llama version, probably you’ll need to be classified in top500 in more seasons to get this.

“Have you ever sat there admiring a Mini Llama and thought that it’d be so much cuter and fancier if it sported a bow tie, monocle, or top hat—or possibly all three? Well, my friends, the time has come. Once this next test season has concluded, you’ll be able to approach Zommoros, carefully place a few Mini Llamas together in a scientific (and hopefully humane) fashion, and combine them to create the ultimate form of cuteness and fuzziness. Mini Llamas that you received prior to the Ladder Test Seasons can also go through this transformation, so don’t let any that you may already have in your possession run away!”

In general i like the progression sytem linked to items (like Fractal back or Mawdrey), I suggested this mini pet- evolution with Mystic forge in a old spvp topic, and i’m happy Anet likes and introduces this system. I’d like to see more rewards for spvp season too.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

Natto.5819

A veteran player named Ohoni.6057 thinks that everyone should have equal access to things this game has. When a pro player thinks this, you have to agree, because he has experience.

I’m also a veteran player (played GW1 and then started with beta for GW2). I have experience. I don’t think everyone should have equal access to all rewards if they don’t do the work required.

If you listen to his arguments, you will see that he’s smart. He says a lot of things that make sense. Everyone should be even when making money, and getting items.

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Keep in mind Mini llama’s aren’t limited to PvP, often codes are given by Anet to recognized events with that mini as a Prize, GW2community.com has done these events in the past(like pink day in LA for example)

Posted by: LumpOfCole.4701

LumpOfCole.4701

I personally have 3 Mini Llamas; one from ‘winning’ a round in an sPvP tournament, one from winning a Twitch drawing, and one that was sent to me from Anet for a reason that’s still a mystery. However I’ve consumed one already, so for Zomorros purposes I only have 2 Llamas.

I hope 2 Llamas is enough to at least get a partially dapper Llama!

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I hope 2 Llamas is enough to at least get a partially dapper Llama!

While I have 0 llamas, I like the idea of gradually upgrading llama’s gear instead of requiring several at once to forge that Llama Von Snuffles.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I think it’s great to have some game mode specific rewards. If you want the llama, start doing PvP.

Whether you think it’s play to win or pay to win, having the llama doesn’t help you win, so I’m not really sure what the OP is complaining about (besides feeling entitled).

Posted by: Kedarrian.2905

Kedarrian.2905

I think it’s great to have some game mode specific rewards. If you want the llama, start doing PvP.

As with titles, it good that is expresses something specific about the owner. A good rewad system.

Celtic Lady.3729

The OP just doesn’t understand what P2W actually is.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

How is PvP pay to win? And where can I insert a credit card? I’d love to get some of those finishers without doing any work! lol

The fact that you hardly see them whining about it gets my respect.

I’m not sure how many of us are left. I think a lot of people have gotten put off by the amount of time, effort and money involved in collecting all the minis.

I was one of the lucky ones, I got a mini Llama in the Tournament of Legends thanks to either the Power of Intimidation or blind luck (the other team didn’t show up for our first match so we got through by default). I’m a bit worried about what will be required for the new version though. Especially since I assume the llama I have (which is in the wardrobe) can’t be upgraded, meaning I’ll have to get a new one.

I’ll wait and see what the requirements are before I react though. If it’s something like they’re going to add PvP ‘seasons’ (like WvW seasons) and everyone in the top 500 each time gets a llama and once you’ve got 4 llamas you can forge them then it’ll be ok. I’m terrible at PvP but I think I could manage that eventually. If it’s something like it’s given out to the 1 team who wins some special tournament then…I guess there’s going to be a gaping hole in my mini collection.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: PoiSonPeZ.4286

PoiSonPeZ.4286

Llama’s are P2W if they appear on the cash shop? Are you guys serious?

A competitor is making loads of money off of cute and cuddly cash shop items.

Sorry to say this, but let’s face it, GW2 PvP is not an e-Sport success. They need to exploit cash shop revenue.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

wtf how is this P2W????

1) it has nothing to do with winning the game when owning this minipet… its not even part of any collections…
2) What about getting the llama is PAY to win????

i can understand frustration for miniature collectors who want a FULL collection…
but your reasoning makes just no sense…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: KillEveryoneElse.3940

KillEveryoneElse.3940

after the event in Germany where they were giving out llama codes there were quite a few codes on ebay for under $5

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

Just play a zerk ranger with read the wind.. There dmg is the highest with the longest range….funny I’m in cleric armor which has highest toughness on my gaurd and there auto is doing 1k crits to me…and unless I take the gaurd health trait in only sitting at 13k health…..really fair a-net……and yes I can play against 1vs1 but if the scavange in pvp it makes it hard to survive withe there 1500 range

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I paid for this game, so I should have access to items in this game.

No one is stopping you from getting it (aside from the enemy team. If you want it, earn it.

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

I paid for this game, so I should have access to items in this game.

You do have access to it, just do PvP. Unless you mean you want it without any effort on your part, then in that case I want Anet to mail me all the legendaries cause I’m too lazy to get it the other way.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Oh my balthazar… Do people really fall for a troll this easily?

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Oh my balthazar… Do people really fall for a troll this easily?

I was a little unsure until I looked at OP’s post history.