Missing Mad Memories Back-Piece

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mufasa.8415

Mufasa.8415

I just wanted to bring this up from the first year of Halloween in Tyria. I purpose adding two achievement to it’s tab. One for the first Mad Memories back-piece and one for the burning Mad Memories: Completed. And if you have the Mad Memories: Completed skin currently unlocked you are automatically awarded the achievement and skin for the 1st step of the books scavenger hunt.

Drunken Mufasa
The Stonemouth Keep
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

It’s been stated/posted on reddit that they’re unable to implement the activity to get it this year because it’s broken.

So going by that, there’s a possibility it’ll return next year /sigh.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

It’s been stated/posted on reddit that they’re unable to implement the activity to get it this year because it’s broken.

So going by that, there’s a possibility it’ll return next year /sigh.

To clarify, some of the places you got the original pieces from don’t exist any more

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

The OP wasn’t asking for the activity to come back but rather to unlock the not-on-fire green backpiece if they had already unlocked the fiery backpiece. I think it’s entirely reasonable and something can be easily be done.

As to the activity being broken: it is broken not just because of the locations but also because of the coding that went into it. It literally does not function. And since it’s not high on the priority list, it can wait for next year.

Posted by: Chpoit.6498

Chpoit.6498

Broken can also mean that the energy scanner thing doesn’t work anymore, and ANYWAY, what’s wrong with a bit of exclusive content for the vets?

EDIT: On topic, I do think it would be nice to have the one not on fire unlocked if you have the one on fire, as a lot of people, me included, destroyed the not on fire one after getting the flaming one.

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Yeah, I would like the NON-fired one back.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

If you have the final back piece, email support and they will send you the previous version. This is what they have done in the past.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

You do know they’ve been busy with HoT right? Also the bit in old LA, is gone the breachmaker is there now. So the building is gone, so the spawn point has probably gone with it.

As someone with both skins, I have no problem with ANet adding" them back in. I do like the “Special Snowflake” feeling I get knowing I’m one of a hand full of people who has that skin. I also like that it shows I was there when.

But with that said, as long as when it comes back, people have to do the same amount of work I did to get it, then I’ll be happy. If they add it as a candy corn sink, I’d feel a little cheated, but as long as it was a large amount of corn, I’d not be opposed. As long as there is suitable effort put in by people to get it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

If you have the final back piece, email support and they will send you the previous version. This is what they have done in the past.

Exactly this.

This is what I did as well. Was able to get the green version mailed to me by support, since we couldn’t get it unlocked when the wardrobe was introduced. Seriously, just contact support and be nice and they’ll help you out.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Exactly this.

This is what I did as well. Was able to get the green version mailed to me by support, since we couldn’t get it unlocked when the wardrobe was introduced. Seriously, just contact support and be nice and they’ll help you out.

Tried this 3 times, was told it was not possible to award it. So you are either lying or very very very lucky.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3olwt7/fyi_mad_memoirs_will_not_be_obtainable_this_year/cvyc50x

For anyone who has the Complete Edition but not the base skin, please refer to that link.

Exactly this.

Tried this 3 times, was told it was not possible to award it. So you are either lying or very very very lucky.

They are telling the truth, I can confirm as I did it myself. It’s highly dependent on kittenponds to your ticket unfortunately. The person you got most likely A ) Didn’t want to deal with it and/or didn’t know how B ) Had no clue they were allowed to do it or C ) Wasn’t allowed to for whatever reason.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

It’s probably not as simple as “just move the effected NPCs” otherwise they would have done it years ago. People have been asking for this content to be reinstated for years (along with the mad kings dungeon).

They would have to move 3 NPC’s (maybe more) not 1, because there were three tied to spots in the old LA map. Just because the ghost near the now non-existent lion statue and the ghost under water could still work theoretically, the actual spots that they show up in don’t exist any more outside of a few storyline instances. The current map probably has a different reference value to the old one from a code point of view. The Kessex map might also have a difference reference to the one it had too.

They would also need to rewrite, translate and record the text for the ghost in the sewers, and hook up new versions of the various suspicious locations scattered about LA (and maybe Kessex) where we got trick or treat bags from the candy-powered matter meter.

There is also the fact that from a coding point of view the ‘triggers’ for the events are tied to phase 1 and phase 2 of the original Halloween storyline, which means that new triggers would need to be coded.

While it’s probably not a huge amount of work compared to some things, it would require several different types of programmer to implement the different changes required. To do it, they’d need to be pulled off HoT.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

(edited by Kaz.5430)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

It’s Mad Memoires, not Mad Memories.

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

To be honest, I think we should just get both of the skins unlocked, when we have reached certain LS story steps (Act 1 & 2 of Shadow of the Mad King), because many of us have transmuted those back items for better stats when the Orr back items came a few months later and “lost the look”, because Wardrobe did not unlock the skin when that update that missed transmuted skins.
Those who earned it in the past get it unlocked, period.

New players or those who missed the event should be able to purchase it for 5 Laurels each.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I own both. I was paranoid so I kept them in the bank. Once the wardrobe function went live and confirmed they were in my wardrobe closet they got vaporized.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Just put in a ticket. That’s what I did. I made the case that in order to get the fire backpiece you had to have unlocked the nonfirey version first because the one quest relied on the other quest already being finished.

They gave me the green one.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

To be honest, I think we should just get both of the skins unlocked, when we have reached certain LS story steps (Act 1 & 2 of Shadow of the Mad King), because many of us have transmuted those back items for better stats when the Orr back items came a few months later and “lost the look”, because Wardrobe did not unlock the skin when that update that missed transmuted skins.
Those who earned it in the past get it unlocked, period.

New players or those who missed the event should be able to purchase it for 5 Laurels each.

I lost mine (the green one) because I needed the space before the wardrobe went into effect too.

I’ve had some bad experiences with CS so I said “screw it.”
It is just a cluster of pixels. If it comes back then “Yay” if not, “Oh Well.”

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Broken can also mean that the energy scanner thing doesn’t work anymore, and ANYWAY, what’s wrong with a bit of exclusive content for the vets?

The fact that vets who did the content but didn’t keep the skin for wardrobe unlocking because it wasn’t a thing for over a year and a half after then results in vets not having the skin.

But on the off-topic topic of limited-time one-time content. In general that’s a bad idea because it means players miss out on content. In regards to items, it just means that players who want it have zero chance to get it. If you’re not a vet, then you don’t like it.

Exclusiveness should come out of recurring limited-time stuff, duration-of-playing (e.g., birthday titles/finishers/minis/skins), or simply from harder content.

EDIT: On topic, I do think it would be nice to have the one not on fire unlocked if you have the one on fire, as a lot of people, me included, destroyed the not on fire one after getting the flaming one.

Meanwhile I’m the reverse. I have the one not on fire, but I didn’t keep the one on fire because for all my characters who got to level 80, there were better options and as much as I loved the skin it didn’t match with any of my characters except one who couldn’t finish the second half of the scavenger hunt due to being too low level.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3olwt7/fyi_mad_memoirs_will_not_be_obtainable_this_year/cvyc50x

For anyone who has the Complete Edition but not the base skin, please refer to that link.

Hmmm, wonder if I still have a screenshot of a character with the Complete edition, and see if I can get it from support.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.