Mounts [merged]

Mounts [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

They will come, and the reason that they are not in yet is probably because a big part of the core fan-base (GW1) was against them. And whatever you think about now not having mounts it is good that ArenaNet did listen to their community.

But at the same time the core of the game is designed for the use of mounts and for the lore it also makes no sense to not have mounts. I did see horse carriages but no horses??? There is a moa-racer, there are dolyak, there are cars (batmobiles) but there are no mounts? Well there is. With Halloween they introduces the broom and when that did not made the community mad they added the broom to the gem-store (but no speed-boost, then again, in every city you can get a speed-boost ever few meters).

So will they come and ArenaNet is already introducing them slowly. Will we see flying mounts? Well thats a whole other story. The problem is (and I kinda wonder why ArenaNet did that) that maps are instances so you do not have seamless zones. To introduce flying mounts they would first have to change that and thats possible but once you chosen the current design it’s almost! impossible to go back. At the same time the lore tells you there are flying mounts. I mean, there are dragons and there are helicopters so it makes sense to have flying mounts.

ArenaNet also loves using invisible walls (sorry, but I hate invisible walls. It’s like cheating by the developers) and introducing flying mounts would also mean they not only had to ‘fix’ the whole core to have seamless zones but they also have to remove all invisible walls and put something else there if people still may not enter that location.

So maybe in a future expansion, maybe even in a completely separate map there will come flying mounts but don’t count on it in any short term.

What I hope to see is a new WvW map, much much much bigger where we drive in the big Char machines (those batmobiles in Black Citadel) but also just on little mounts or with no mounts. If they will use those cars as mounts in the current area’s I think they will shrink them down but for as now I did not see anything to believe they did already work on that, except for the big cars themselves of course. For under water I think they will use dolphins as mounts and for on land moa’s. That those moa’s were designed as mounts is very obvious.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Eileane.3845

Eileane.3845

give my Asura a hover board!

(actually, I hope not, I don`t really see the need for a mount but hey, if others want it)

Boxie Togg (main)… probably Tyrias only Asuran Mesmer that ultimately fails at jumping puzzles
Stinky McLane… the only Necro known to have a toothpaste fetish
Lefty (give me a second) Fiddlesticks… one Engineer, two clumbsy hands…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Ah yes, the bingo board needs a dusting off again I see.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: NNYinsanenature.5684

NNYinsanenature.5684

No no no no no no no no no no no no no. And no.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Lots of people wants to have them ingame. And i have an idea how to implement it without hurting the game. They should be an x second cast item that, when mounted, gives perma swiftness and maybe some dash on “dodge”. So mounts wouldnt give some extra super speed but gives you some easy acess for swiftness. Beside ofc looking good.

Not again,

Edit: Do we really need two of these on the front page?

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

(edited by Talyn.3295)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Obligatory mount thread gif.

Attachments:

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’m against mounts.

BUT

People who are sick of seeing mount topics still reply to them, thus bumping them, making them last longer. :p

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Lots of people don’t want mounts. So it looks like a standstill and nothing will change.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Broom and magic carpets are improvised mounts. Done deal

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

Mounts [merged]

NNYinsanenature.5684

Too many people come from a certain MMO that has an abundance of mounts and that’s all they are used to. GW2 is breaking the mold with traditional MMO format. Keep the mounts out of this game or #NOMOUNTSORRIOT.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I have a build for perma swiftness.
As you suggest to use a toy to give it to all players, can I also expect a toy that give me perma might? thank you.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Mounts [merged]

NNYinsanenature.5684

On that note can i get a toy with perma mist form please?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I vote for mounts. But even I already annoyed with so frequent occurrence of this topics

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

I have never seen a good reason not to have mounts. The arguments seem to be either “WoW had them! So they suck!” or “Don’t need mounts, have way points”. Both of which are pretty poor arguments, the first point is simply stupid the second is irrelevant, mounts wouldn’t get rid of existing waypoints.

From a lore perspective mounts would make sense at this point in the story, as we push further into mordrem territory there should be NO waypoints at all.

From a functionality perspective the obvious use of a mount would be speed. Give mounts a 33% speed buff and there’s no more need for crappy traits that do the same thing and you put all classes on the same level in terms of speed (no more slow kitten mesmers). We wouldn’t be travelling any faster than the fastest classes can now, so its not an upgrade over mountless people in any way besides convenience.

One of the main reasons people keep on playing is to deck out their character with fancy stuff, anyone who has worked towards a legendary, bought a mini, costumes or cultural armour has done this. Fancy mounts would be one more reason to keep playing. Imagine travelling the world to find all the parts for your golem mount and upgrading it over time in a similar way to mawdrey or spinal blades.

Moa mounts, dolyak mounts, golem mounts, devourer mounts, elemental mounts, drake mounts, steam creature mounts, oakheart mounts, dwarf mounts, think of the possibilities! Most of these are more in lore than your daft sparkly sword and glittery armor. And if you don’t think seeing a norn riding about on a dolyak would be awesome then you have no soul.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I have never seen a good reason not to have mounts. The arguments seem to be either “WoW had them! So they suck!” or “Don’t need mounts, have way points”. Both of which are pretty poor arguments, the first point is simply stupid the second is irrelevant, mounts wouldn’t get rid of existing waypoints.

From a lore perspective mounts would make sense at this point in the story, as we push further into mordrem territory there should be NO waypoints at all.

From a functionality perspective the obvious use of a mount would be speed. Give mounts a 33% speed buff and there’s no more need for crappy traits that do the same thing and you put all classes on the same level in terms of speed (no more slow kitten mesmers). We wouldn’t be travelling any faster than the fastest classes can now, so its not an upgrade over mountless people in any way besides convenience.

One of the main reasons people keep on playing is to deck out their character with fancy stuff, anyone who has worked towards a legendary, bought a mini, costumes or cultural armour has done this. Fancy mounts would be one more reason to keep playing. Imagine travelling the world to find all the parts for your golem mount and upgrading it over time in a similar way to mawdrey or spinal blades.

Moa mounts, dolyak mounts, golem mounts, devourer mounts, elemental mounts, drake mounts, steam creature mounts, oakheart mounts, dwarf mounts, think of the possibilities! Most of these are more in lore than your daft sparkly sword and glittery armor. And if you don’t think seeing a norn riding about on a dolyak would be awesome then you have no soul.

And yet there is no good argument for adding them. Just a few people who say they want them?

The arguments for lore or whatever “are pretty poor arguments”

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

We have 2 mounts already but they don’t give any speed bonuses.

In fact using them actually slows you down considering the fact you can’t use your speed boost abilities. They should at minimum offer an equivalent “run” skill that several weapons do.

My Votes:
More Mounts – Yes
More Mount Skills – Yes

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Stop asking for mountS. They do not belong in this game. And I don’t want them.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

I’m neither for or against mounts. We know the world of Tyria is huge. Just because there isn’t any room for mounts -currently-. However, the games lore is yet to be explored fully, along with the rest of the world. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they do turn up in another part of the game’ lore and world. That’s all I’m saying.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

No to mounts…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I would like mounts myself as a charr main this would make sense considering the sheer number of vehicles my race has available. A Hog would be awesome!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Lots of people wants to have them ingame.

/looks at thread.

“Lots” of people?

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I will personally throw the next person to say “mounts” into Abaddon’s Mouth.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Hey there,

as others pointed out, there are quite a number of threads on mounts already. Please use one of these existing ones to add to the discussion.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Redxon.6832

Redxon.6832

Guild wars has no mounts.
Guild wars needs no mounts.

-boromir

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

-boromir

You must be a great necromancer

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

-boromir

In fact GW1 had then.

GW2 has even more of them, from helicopters, to batmobiles, to airships, to submarines, to horse-carriages to flying carpet, to flying brooms and so on. The only difference is that we can’t use most and those that we can use have no permanent speed-boost and you get dismount even after one small hit.

So thats not correct.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

-boromir

In fact GW1 had then.

GW2 has even more of them, from helicopters, to batmobiles, to airships, to submarines, to horse-carriages to flying carpet, to flying brooms and so on. The only difference is that we can’t use most and those that we can use have no permanent speed-boost and you get dismount even after one small hit.

So thats not correct.

Not really. That technically wasn’t a mount compared to what you see in other MMO’s.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Can we just go ahead and delete this year old thread now

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

We have mounts….magic carpet…so they could make other mounts :P

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Since the thread was revived without any constructive additions to it, it is now closed.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Blackbeard.4356

Blackbeard.4356

So I have to say something about it and it’s not trash talking to waste your time. I have seen that all this mounts topics are closed by GM because people are opening the idea and say nothing about it. I’m an person who wants mounts in the game and I have a reasons why I want them.

1) You can collect them

2) They will look epic and with gw2 engine in game it would be awesome experience to have and to ride them around the Tyria

3) You go and explore faster with your epic mount and it will be more enjoyable then running and porting around

4) For longer trips get birds that carry you around or even better, the ships that you see in the game. for example in the new map, in arah dungeon story mode (this is the answer for people who will say that’s boring to ride all day long)

5) gw2 is beautiful game and we go across it just porting on those waypoints, yeah so much epicness in that. You have loading screen with picture and that’s it

6) You can made diffrerent mounts speed for lower or bigger levels (60%) for lower and (100%) for higher levels

7) Mount can be shown as an effort you put in the game, something like legendarys. If you’re a hardcore player you will probably have some epic mount, much color, much epicness, much speed, much girls and so on

This were a few ideas I have in my mind at this moment. Probably I could come with something more but this is just for beginning. For all of you who agree or disagree on this I respect your opinion but if you don’t have nothing normal to say on this topic please don’t say anything ! No need for countless comments that don’t have solid opinion on this subject.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

3 mounts now, have fun with them.

Mounts [merged]

Blackbeard.4356

What mounts are you talking about ?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

the sonic drilling tool, the flying carpet and the broomstick.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

We already have minis removed once the map reaches a certain number of players.
What would it be like with 150 people riding around on far more complex things like mounts.
Thankfully i dont suffer from lag but many players do even on low settings.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Thanks for trolling and derailing the thread.

@OP: nice ideas!

Trolling?

The OP asked which mounts were in-game. I supplied said mounts with links to their wiki page for more information. How is that not relevant to the thread?

Also rather interesting that out of three comments talking about said mounts, you choose to specifically comment on only one.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

He isn’t really trolling , he answered a question asked.

Also, those items are technically mounts, tehy jsut aren’t animals

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Mugiwara Luffy.1087

Mugiwara Luffy.1087

This again?

GW2 doesn’t need mounts. Every MMO I played with mounts they are a clunky mess that clogs up the screen with unnecessary particle effects.

A big no for me.

Mounts [merged]

Blackbeard.4356

Carpet, broom and so on are not mounts I’m talking about and that are not things that gave you speed I said above so please stop saying that we have mounts. I understand about low fps for players because of low performance computers but this is just an idea. I know ArenaNet won’t even consider this idea even if I would very much like to. If you like or dislike this idea please leave an argument why. Thanks

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

When reading OP im just thinking about 1 thing….WOW. From point 1 to 7 its completely like that.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

Looks at bingo card Mounts…Bingo!

Seriously though, aren’t there like a few different mount threads already?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Reithfaust.8259

Reithfaust.8259

8. Flying mounts – they nice and fast.
No, thanks.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: leebe.2093

leebe.2093

When reading OP im just thinking about 1 thing….WOW. From point 1 to 7 its completely like that.

same here, guessing he came from wow

Mounts [merged]

Blackbeard.4356

Yes it’s idea from there because it’s nothing wrong with it. If you hate another game that’s your thing but I use it as an idea. I’m not magically saying things I invented. It’s all already in some games just Gw2 it’s not like other games and ok I understand that. But gw2 is more beautiful game and waypoints don’t make her revolutionary but just faster to travel. My main idea is to give people idea to enjoy more in environment of game not just brainless farming all day. People are talking all the time that game is getting boring to them and they only long in once a day to get daily. Any idea is good idea if it’s trying to get people more interested in game. I’m doing this to make myself more interested in playing as well to get something refreshing in the game except new story part which you end in 1 day and rest of the day you farm to get something good you can sell.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

This game needs only one mount. And this will be the riding theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlyV0IPjwq0

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: ArtemisJade.9068

ArtemisJade.9068

8. Flying mounts —-- completely takes away jump puzzles.

To survive this world you must be mad as a hatter. Luckily for me, I am positively insane.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Yes it’s idea from there because it’s nothing wrong with it. If you hate another game that’s your thing but I use it as an idea. I’m not magically saying things I invented. It’s all already in some games just Gw2 it’s not like other games and ok I understand that. But gw2 is more beautiful game and waypoints don’t make her revolutionary but just faster to travel. My main idea is to give people idea to enjoy more in environment of game not just brainless farming all day. People are talking all the time that game is getting boring to them and they only long in once a day to get daily. Any idea is good idea if it’s trying to get people more interested in game. I’m doing this to make myself more interested in playing as well to get something refreshing in the game except new story part which you end in 1 day and rest of the day you farm to get something good you can sell.

Just because they have mounts in other games doesnt mean it should be in this one.

I played that game for couple of years, enjoyed it and collected as many mounts as i could, even some “super” rare ones. Then i joined GW2 and im very happy we dont have those big fat dragons clogging up your screen.

Each to their own but this game really does not need mounts.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

No mounts needed on this game, like ever. The maps aren’t large enough, and it’s not hard to run from one place to the next. Maps like Malchor’s Leap even discourages mounts anyways with canyons in the terrain and spaced out mobs.

You’ll be attacked especially given no mount will ever be given speed boosts. You and the mount will be wiped out. And it’s more efficient to draw your weapon as you’re walking by as opposed to getting off a horse or whatever identifying your opponent, then drawing your weapon.

If anything, you’ll be slower vs. a guardian who’s constantly casting speed buffs blazing across the map. So again, no mounts are needed. Other, certain games perhaps but not this one.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I like the idea of mounts…but only in pve world…in wvw would be too much rendering issues.

Sylvary on a Warhorse <3

but that can be achieved on the next expansion because we now have like 10% of total map of the whole world.

Mounts [merged]

Blackbeard.4356

Thanks for an awesome answer. You have a point and it’s a true one. But it would be so epic to have them. Design and animations would be so awesome